WWE Fastlane 2019

KawadaSmile

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, NotJayTabb said:

At this point, Seth is probably the member of the Shield the audience is least excited about getting into the match. Roman is having his first match back from cancer, there's happiness that Dean has returned to the side of his Shield brethren after a terrible heel run, whilst Seth is just there. 

Good thing Seth isn't set up to do anything significant in the next month or so.

For real though. He fucking sucks. Guy's been in main events since at least 2014, and you still couldn't list a single defining characteristic for him if your life depended on it. What's he stand for? What's he supposed to be? He's just there.

Oh. Wait. Right. It's his "childhood dream" to main event a Mania. What creativity. What originality.

Forget good matches. Give me a narrative. Give me a hook.

Because he's heading into a marquee match at WrestleMania, but Seth Rollins still has all the character development of Prince Iaukea when he fucking gets there.

The Seth & Dean tag team is/was actually a crazy good combination. And it proved mutually beneficial for both guys. But WWE gonna WWE and forever find a way to split up a team.

Seth as a solo act is just the shits though. Remember last year when people were raving about that Gauntlet match on Raw? I tried several times to watch it and see what others were seeing, but there wasn't anything there. Athletically? Sure. It was okay. But zero emotion. No reason to root for Seth to go the distance or defeat anybody in particular.

Fast forward a year later and Kofi fucking Kingston kills it. In the exact same role. Same position. Same story. But the not-so Jamaican Sensation owns the moment, commands your attention, and keeps you invested the whole way through.

I'm gonna spitball something, completely theoretically. Could it be just that the reason that Kofi's gauntlet match worked better than Seth's Gauntlet match because Kofi has been able to work the WWE-style longer than Seth and thus, has been able to use the tools provided by the WWE developmental system more efficiently? I mean, it's kinda weird to see sometimes two guys, relatively as talented as the other but yet, one seems to be able to capture the essence of a match better than the other.

Well, to be fair, Kofi was quite bad for a long time & was "just there" a lot, just like Seth. Kofi is on fire now, and was on fire during the Orton feud at one time, but other than that, he's basically just been a dude that showed up once a year for a Rumble stunt & was forgettable otherwise.

I was a pretty big negative naysayer against him for a long time, and even I have really come around on him lately. 

Strike when the iron is hot because the heat can flame out quickly. It's part of the reason why I've not liked the Kofi booking last night or when they removed him from the title match. Like, I get they're saving it for Wrestlemania, but like the Becky feud, I feel the way they're doing it is just cooling things off. 

41 minutes ago, SomethingSavage said:

The Seth & Dean tag team is/was actually a crazy good combination. And it proved mutually beneficial for both guys. But WWE gonna WWE and forever find a way to split up a team.

Not sure that's entirely on WWE. First Dean was struck with an injury that almost cost him his arm, and when he came back, Seth started getting a good singles run in.

The turn itself was bad, sure, but based on what we know - Dean leaving, plans for Seth winning the Rumble etc -, I don't think they had much choice.

16 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Not sure that's entirely on WWE. First Dean was struck with an injury that almost cost him his arm, and when he came back, Seth started getting a good singles run in.

The turn itself was bad, sure, but based on what we know - Dean leaving, plans for Seth winning the Rumble etc -, I don't think they had much choice.

Another singles run for Seth is forever the wrong choice. Regardless of circumstance.

Nothing says, "We really don't have anyone else" like the Archislayer.

So I know there's a million things to wonder about, but one thing stood out to me. Vince put Owens in the title match because he thought he was more box office than Kofi, but when the match actually happened he makes it a three way anyway and inserts Ali? Props to the three of them for making chicken salad out of the chicken shit they were handed, but it made no sense story wise for him to be there. 

90% of the things they do anymore make no sense story wise. They fall all over themselves to overbook everything. 

What happened to something simple like Kofi gets the shot, Bryan gets himself DQ'ed, the fans are fucking pissed, we get a No DQ rematch.

Why does that story need Vince, a conspiracy, Kevin Owens, a swerve with The Bar, Mustafa Ali in a triple threat, and god knows what other bullshit before we finally get the match.

I'd say it seems like they forgot how to book a wrestling angle, but that is the problem, they aren't a wrestling company, they are entertainment, only problem is... this isn't entertaining.

I don't mean to sound like Cornette, but fuck this Kofi angle and the Becky angle should be the easiest shit in the world, and they have convoluted it so much that it makes Days of Our Lives look easier to follow. 

27 minutes ago, FMKK said:

I've no idea why Kofi couldn't just win the title at Fastlane and get himself a big superstar entrance at Mania as his golden watch and then lost it back to Bryan on the night. Simple stuff.

I guess that they wanted to maximize the reaction of the feel-good moment. They noticed that a win at Fastlane and a loss at Wrestlemania wouldn't be as good, in terms of crowd reaction.

As for Vince saying he wanted KO because he's more "box office" and still adding a third man: it's supposed to fuck with Kofi, he's doing that as a power trip and to spite him. It's not really complex at all, guys.

Plus, the addition of Ali to the match was a twofer, because I imagine a straight KO vs Bryan match would not only die a horrible death, but KO losing on his first big match back is unnecessary. Ali can cope with a loss, and his bumping is obviously going to get a reaction from people.

23 hours ago, SomethingSavage said:

Good thing Seth isn't set up to do anything significant in the next month or so.

For real though. He fucking sucks. Guy's been in main events since at least 2014, and you still couldn't list a single defining characteristic for him if your life depended on it. What's he stand for? What's he supposed to be? He's just there.

Well, he is the Kingslayer and the Architect, he is Seth freakin' Rollins and he likes to burn it down. Did I miss any stupid nickname?