Pro Wrestling Only

AWA World Class Wrestling

Blehschmidt

I have to second what Spaldoni said, your Star Wars card always deliver and this one was no exception!

Garvin and friends are on fire here in World Class...big victory for them to open the show!

Schultz puts a beatdown on poor Stasiak, I picture him delivering the classic Murtagh line from Lethal Weapon as he leaves the ring..."I'm getting too old for this shit"

I honestly remember thinking when I was a kid that I would love to see the Baron test his claw against the Von Erichs so I popped hard when you debuted him alongside Studd and Bockwinkel....it would seem he walked away to fight another day....perhaps a cage will be in order.

Nice win for the Highwaymen...although had they let a team called the "Glamour Boys" beat them in a streetfight they might have to off themselves Samurai style...lol

Schultz is a tough guy no doubt but he may have shit and fell back in it pissing off Brody! This should be interesting to see what happens next!

Wow, if I was a betting man I would have lost...nice win for the Youngbloods/Adias getting some revenge on the Movement for what Parsons did to Adias a few weeks back!

Kerry finally seems to have pulled the thorn out of his side named the Grappler, luckily Grappler 2 was lurking around this time!

Steamboat vs. Bockwinkel is truly one of those dream matches that has come together in our little world here that makes the game fun.....can't wait for the rematch!

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jimmy Garvin and Barry Windham involved in the opener means this is a BIG EVENT!  Poor Kendall.  He can't even have a few drinks to ease the pain.

An angry Dr. D is a dangerous Dr. D

The Claw vs Claw match was interesting and I hope this sets up Kevin for more title matches

I liked the Movement going down in this 6 man tag match and I like it was Youngblood who got the win and not Adias.  For some reason Brian doesn't do it for me.  I need to go back and watch some more of his stuff to see if my childhood memory is tainted/

Love the win by Kerry and hope he stays hot

MORE BOCK & STEAMBOAT PLEASE!

-9-3-84- from The Shrine Mosque in Springfield, MO-

TAG WARS '84

1) The Glamour Boys (Steve Doll/Steve Simpson) beat Sheik Hassan/Ali Bey in 8:49 when Doll pinned Bey

2) "Hollywood" John Tatum/"Gorgeous" Gary Young defeated Kendall Windham/Sam Houston in 12:39 when Tatum pinned Windham

3) The Highwaymen (Bobby Duncum/Phil Hickerson) beat The Youngbloods (Jay Youngblood/Mark Youngblood) by Count Out in 17:51

4) The Movement (Shaska Whatley/Tiger Conway Jr) defeated Jim Powers/Joe Savoldi in 11:04 when Conway pinned Savoldi

5) Brian Adias/Barry Windham over Iceman King Parsons/"Gorgeous Jimmy Garvin w/Precious by Count Out in 9:25 when Garvin and Parsons couldn't get along and both walked out.

6) The Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton/Dennis Condrey) w/Jim Cornette and The Islanders (Samu/Tonga Kid) wrestled to a Draw in 30:00

7) The Von Erichs (Kerry Von Erich/Kevin Von Erich defeated Baron Von Raschke/Stan Stasiak in 15:52 when Kerry pinned Stasiak

8) Nick Bockwinkel/Big John Studd beat Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat/"Dr. D" David Schultz by DQ in 22:29 when Schultz hit both opponents with a chair!

-9-4-84 from The Memorial Hall in Joplin, MO-

TAG WARS '84

1) The Glamour Boys (Steve Doll/Steve Simpson) beat Sheik Hassan/Ali Bey in 8:29 when Doll pinned Bey

2) "Hollywood" John Tatum/"Gorgeous" Gary Young defeated Ken Lucas (substituting for Kendall Windham)/Sam Houston in 12:19 when Tatum pinned Lucas

3) The Highwaymen (Bobby Duncum/Phil Hickerson) beat The Youngbloods (Jay Youngblood/Mark Youngblood) by Count Out in 17:11

4) The Movement (Shaska Whatley/Tiger Conway Jr) defeated Jim Powers/Joe Savoldi in 11:54 when Conway pinned Savoldi

5) Brian Adias/Barry Windham over Iceman King Parsons/"Gorgeous Jimmy Garvin w/Precious by Count Out in 9:45 when Garvin and Parsons couldn't get along and both walked out.

6) The Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton/Dennis Condrey) w/Jim Cornette and The Islanders (Samu/Tonga Kid) wrestled to a Draw in 30:00

7) The Von Erichs (Kerry Von Erich/Kevin Von Erich defeated Baron Von Raschke/Stan Stasiak in 15:56 when Kerry pinned Stasiak

8) Nick Bockwinkel/Big John Studd beat Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat/"Dr. D" David Schultz by DQ in 22:23 when Schultz hit both opponents with a chair!

-Broadcasting live to our local affiliates in Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas, and Missouri, as well as in Syndication across these great United States, the American Wrestling Association proudly presents World Class Wrestling, coming to you this week from the World Class Studio!-

F7oZ5gK.png

We open to Bill Watts sitting at a desk with an AWA World Class Wrestling backdrop behind him.

Bill Watts: Good Evening Folks, I'm Bill Watts, and this is AWA World Class Wrestling. I'm coming to you tonight from the World Class Studio, and we are going to have exclusive highlights from this past Monday's Labor Day Star Wars event, as well as an in studio interview with the World Class Heavyweight Champion. So instead of me running my jaws, let's get right to the action!

1 Fall, 30 Minute Time Limit

-The Highwaymen (Phil Hickerson/Bobby Duncum) vs The Glamour Boys (Steve Doll/Steve Simpson)- Street Fight

The Glamour Boys came for blood as they attacked The Highwaymen before the bell, and this one went all over the ringside area. Chairs, the guard rail, and even the time keepers table were involved. At one point Steve Simpson dove off the top rope onto the floor with a crossbody block onto both Highwaymen! The Glamour Boys came close to winning when they connected with Glitz and Glamour, the top tope dropkick/top tope splash combo they use, but it was broken up at the last possible second. The end finally came when The Highwaymen nailed Doll with a nasty spike piledriver and pinned him.

Winners: The Highwaymen

Bill Watts: The Highwaymen picked up the win, but The Glamour Boys proved they are a lot more than just pretty boys. I don't think we've seen the last of these two teams going at it. Let's take a quick break folks, and we'll be back with more action from Star Wars!

-Commercial Break-

Bill Watts: Welcome back folks, up next we are going to take a look at the match between Big John Studd and Bruiser Brody. Last weekend at the Superdome, John Studd got an unexpected surprise when David Schultz returned to World Class. Well, Dr. D apparently wasn't finished. Take a look...

-Big John Studd vs Bruiser Brody-

From the moment the bell rang these two monsters just hammered one another with fists and forearms. Brody finally tired of it and rocked Studd with a big kick, but John was game and kicked Brody in the gut and dropped him with a massive slam. These two continued back and forth just beating on each other, until David Schultz hit the ring with his steel chair, and clocked Big John Studd in the head again. Studd hit the mat like a ton of bricks, and Schultz had a big grin on his face. Brody however didn't as he realized that Schultz just got him disqualified, so Brody kicked the chair hard into the face of Schultz and sent him crashing to the canvas. An angry Brody then stormed to the back.

Winner, by Disqualification: Big John Studd

Bill Watts: I understand that Schultz will be here next week to comment, but now not only does he have Studd and Bockwinkel to contend with, but he has also made an enemy of Big John Studd. I hope this crazy man knows what he is doing. Let's take another break, and we'll be back with Kevin Von Erich and Baron Von Raschke!

-Commercial Break-

-Kevin Von Erich vs Baron Von Raschke-

This was a back and forth contest from the opening bell, and it was obvious that both men had one goal in mind, The Iron Claw. Each man was executing moves that centered on one of two things, working over the head, or injuring the hand. At one point a good fifteen minutes into the match, Von Raschke managed to apply his version of The Claw on Kevin, but Von Erich was able to rotate his body in such a way that he could escape. A few minutes later, Kevin caught Von Raschke in The Iron Claw in a standing position. Von Raschke struggled his way to the ropes and pretty much threw himself out of the ring to escape the hold. Once he got to his feet, he walked out for the Count Out.

Winner, by Count Out: Kevin Von Erich

Bill Watts: There you see how it went down Ladies and Gentleman. Well next week, right here on this show, it is going to be a little different. Next week, inside of a Steel Cage, Kevin Von Erich will meet Baron Von Raschke again, and the only way that match can be won is with The Iron Claw. One man will either submit or be rendered unable to continue inside of the Steel Cage!

Nick Bockwinkel walks onto the set, dressed impeccably in a three piece suit. He has the World Class Heavyweight Title folded up and places it on the desk in front of him.

Bill Watts: Joining us now, is the AWA World Class Heavyweight Champion, Nick Bockwinkel. Welcome to the show Nick.

Nick Bockwinkel: Thank You Bill.

Bill Watts: Now Nick, last week the fans saw footage from the Superdome of your match with Kevin Von Erich. They saw the man defeat you and become World Class Champion, but due to a technicality, the decision was reversed and you remained champion. Your thoughts?

Nick Bockwinkel: Technicality? My Thoughts? Kevin Von Erich purposefully threw me over the top rope, and the rules of the American Wrestling Association state that throwing your opponent over the top rope is an automatic disqualification. Thusly, I am still rightfully the AWA World Class Heavyweight Champion and was never defeated, because anything that occurred in the ring after the moment he committed that infraction was rendered null and void.

Bill Watts: You mean when he put you in The Iron Claw and you were pinned.

Nick Bockwinkel: Listen here "Cowboy!" Just because you and your ilk want to see one of your own defeat me and become the champion, just because you wish it be so, doesn't make it a reality. Kevin Von Erich cheated, and was therefore disqualified. What happened after that was a continued assault after the match was over, and I personally believe he should be fined and suspended for such a thing! But based on what I just heard before coming out here, it sounds as though my good friend Baron Von Raschke will be taking care of it next week inside of a steel cage.

Bill Watts: Alright then, let's move on to Labor Day Star Wars, where you met Ricky Steamboat and were unable to defeat him.

Nick Bockwinkel: Now you are just attempting to bait me Bill Watts. I may not have defeated Steamboat, but neither did he defeat me. For Sixty Minutes we went man to man, and in the end the time limit expired before either of us was able to secure victory. I take absolutely nothing away from Mr. Steamboat, he is a fine competitor and was more than worthy of stepping into the ring with me.

Ricky Steamboat walks onto the set, and Bockwinkel does not look happy.

Ricky Steamboat: Nick Bockwinkel, I will echo your sentiments. You are one of the best I've ever stepped into the ring against, and you pushed me to limits that I didn't know I had. But you and I both know that if there had been another minute in that match, I would be sitting there with that belt right now. So I am out here right now, asking you, man to man. Give me another shot.

Nick Bockwinkel: Absolutely not. You had your chance and you failed to win the title.

Ricky Steamboat: I came here seeking vengeance for my friend The Junkyard Dog, and while I still do, now I seek to show the world that as good as you are, I am the man to defeat you and claim that championship.

Bockwinkel ponders the words of Steamboat for a moment, then a smile crosses his face.

Nick Bockwinkel: You speak often of your friendship with Junkyard Dog, of your desire for revenge. So if you want another shot, I will give you the same terms I gave him. You can have your rematch, but if you don't beat me, you leave World Class for a year!

Ricky Steamboat: Deal.

Steamboat reaches his hand out to Bockwinkel, who smirks before shaking it. Bill Watts then reaches out and clamps his hands over the hands of both men.

Bill Watts: Let's do it right here next week, and just to make sure it's all fair, and since we'll already have one set up, let's do it inside of a Steel Cage!

Nick Bockwinkel: WHAT! No, I didn't..you can't....I....

Watts and Steamboat shake hands, as an irate Bockwinkel grabs the World Class Title and storms off the set.

-Commercial Break-

-Kerry Von Erich vs The Grappler-

This one was a war from the opening bell! Kerry was busted open in less than two minutes after the action spilled to the floor, and The Grappler ran him into the post. Grappler stayed on the offensive for a while, just bombarding Kerry with high impact offense and trying multiple times to get a pin fall. Grappler tossed Kerry to the floor again, and this time Von Erich had enough and he sent Grappler crashing into this post! Von Erich pounced on top of him and clawed and ripped at the mask until he tore a hole in it. Kerry then punched away until blood was streaming down the partially exposed face of The Grappler. Von Erich tossed Grappler back into the ring, and the two bloody warriors went toe to toe in the center of the ring exchanging punches and chops. When both were staggered and teetering, Von Erich spun into a Discus Punch and sent The Grappler crashing to the canvas. Kerry shook his head to clear the cob webs, and held his hand up for the Iron Claw. He dropped down and sunk it deep onto the head of The Grappler who struggled briefly, but then seemed to fade away. Referee David Manning counted One, Two, Three.

Winner: Kerry Von Erich

Bill Watts: It looks as though the war between Kerry Von Erich and The Grappler may finally be over. Folks, I hope you've enjoyed this look at Labor Day Star Wars, and I hope you'll join us here next week when Nick Bockwinkel will defend the AWA World Class Title against Ricky Steamboat and Kevin Von Erich will take on Baron Von Raschke in an Iron Claw match, both of those will be inside a Steel Cage!! See you next week!!

I love these TV shows that recap huge cards.  I wish there was more of these in the 1980's instead of so many jobber matches.  Recently, I was watching Mid-South from 1981 and Watts seemed to give us good matches on tv right from the beginning.

Your interview with Bock was great and I am so excited for his match with Steamboat.  Can't wait to see where you are going with this!

You have so many great tag team combinations, the "Tag Wars" house shows are a great way feature that! 

Garvin/Parsons makes for a fun tag team...but with both men being the leaders of their factions, it's not surprising they couldn't get along.

I just seem envision these Midnight Express vs. The Islanders matches being great matches...I could see them playing well off each other

Dr D and that damn chair are going to be a force to reckon with no matter who his opponents are!

I agree.....I like these big show recaps and I always manage to pick up a new detail or two that I missed in the first read. Loved the promos from Bockwinkel and Steamboat!

Fun recap show with some great promos.

Kevin vs. Baron in a battle of the claws cage match! YES!!!!! 

Really looking forward to watching the DR. D/Stud/Brody scenario play out. 

Bock is smooth as ever in his promo but things take a wild turn and it's him and Steamboat in the cage! Will Bock send Steamboat packing? Or will Steamboat win the coveted title? I'll defiantly be tuning in to find out. 

-9-7-84 from the Municipal Auditorium in Topeka, KS-

1) "Hollywood" John Tatum beat Ken Lucas in 6:14 w/Savate Kick

2) The Youngbloods (Jay Youngblood/Mark Youngblood) over Sheik Hassan/Ali Bey in 8:22 when Mark pinned Bey

3) Sam Houston defeated Bill Ash in 9:45 w/ Bulldog

4) Jim Powers/Joe Savoldi and The Glamour Boys (Steve Doll/Steve Simpson) went to a Time Limit Draw in 15:00

5) "Dr. D" David Schultz defeated Phil Hickerson by Disqualification in 9:04 when Bobby Duncum interfered. Schultz ran both men off with a chair.

6) Big John Studd and Bruiser Brody wrestled to a Double Disqualification in 8:39 when David Schultz attacked both men with a chair!

7) Iceman King Parsons beat Brian Adias in 16:51 w/ a handful of tights

8) Kevin Von Erich/Barry Windham over Baron Von Raschke/"Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin w/Precious in 21:24 when Windham pinned Garvin

9) Kerry Von Erich defeated "Honky Tonk Man" Wayne Ferris w/Sunshine by Count Out in 12:29 in a match for the AWA Southwestern Title

10) Ricky Steamboat/The Islanders (Samu/Tonga Kid) beat Nick Bockwinkel/The Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton/Dennis Condrey) w/Jim Cornette in 37:43 when Steamboat pinned Bockwinkel

-9-8-84 from the Levitt Arena in Wichita, KS-

2) The Youngbloods (Jay Youngblood/Mark Youngblood) over Sheik Hassan/Ali Bey in 8:22 when Mark pinned Bey

4) Jim Powers/Joe Savoldi and The Glamour Boys (Steve Doll/Steve Simpson) went to a Time Limit Draw in 15:00

5) "Dr. D" David Schultz defeated Phil Hickerson by Disqualification in 9:04 when Bobby Duncum interfered. Schultz ran both men off with a chair.

6) Big John Studd and Bruiser Brody wrestled to a Double Disqualification in 8:39 when David Schultz attacked both men with a chair!

8) Kevin Von Erich/Barry Windham over Baron Von Raschke/"Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin w/Precious in 21:24 when Windham pinned Garvin

9) Kerry Von Erich defeated "Honky Tonk Man" Wayne Ferris w/Sunshine by Count Out in 12:29 in a match for the AWA Southwestern Title

10) Ricky Steamboat/The Islanders (Samu/Tonga Kid) beat Nick Bockwinkel/The Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton/Dennis Condrey) w/Jim Cornette in 37:43 when Steamboat pinned Bockwinkel

-9-9-84 from the Convention Center in Tulsa, OK-

-9-10-84 from the Myriad Convention Center in Oklahoma City, OK-

-9-11-84 from the Memorial Auditorium in Wichita Falls, TX-

seeing Steamboat in there with Tama and Samu against the Midnights and Bockwinkel. I can only imagine the classic action we would have gotten. Not to mention the NINE matches before such an insane main event. Lots of futurestars here breaking out right now with Tatum, Youngbloods, Houston, Powers & Savoldi, Honky, Doll & Simpson... 

Then you have names like Stuff, Dr. D, Brode, Iceman, Windham and the Von Erichs on the UNDERCARD... what a stacked show!

Love the card and the results.

I might have put Brody vs Studd closer to the main event but that is just me.

Happy to see Dr. D and Iceman getting wins.  I know I am not supposed to root for the heels but I can't help it with those two.

Kevin VE, Windham and Garvin in the ring = $$$$

Nice spot for HTM... after his intro here in World Class that you wrote a little while back has him getting some serious heat and putting him in the ring with Kerry just adds to it.

-Broadcasting live to our local affiliates in Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas, and Missouri, as well as in Syndication across these great United States, the American Wrestling Association proudly presents World Class Wrestling, coming to you this week from the North Side Coliseum in Fort Worth!-

F7oZ5gK.png

Jim Ross: Hello Ladies and Gentleman, and welcome to AWA World Class Wrestling! I'm Jim Ross and joining me as always is "Cowboy" Bill Watts. Tonight we have two huge matches that will have major implications for World Class Wrestling. We'll also hear from David Schultz who has been at the center of much controversy and we have some breaking news on not one, but two out of the ring altercations! Tell them about it Bill.

Bill Watts: That's absolutely right Jim. First we will see Kevin Von Erich and Baron Von Raschke battle inside the steel cage in a match where the only way to win is to defeat your opponent with The Iron Claw. One man will submit or be rendered unable to continue here tonight. Then in the main event Nick Bockwinkel will defend the World Class Heavyweight Championship against Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat inside the same steel cage. If Steamboat fails to defeat Bockwinkel, he will be forced to leave World Class for one year. But I don't think Bockwinkel was anticipating the cage being there to keep his accomplices out when he laid down the challenge.

Jim Ross: High stakes to be certain Cowboy, but at Labor Day Star Wars, Steamboat was seemingly moments away from winning the title when the time limit expired.

Bill Watts: It definitely looked that way to everyone but the champion himself!

Jim Ross: Before we head to the ring, we are going to look at some video footage of two incidents that took place last week. The footage is graphic in nature folks, so be warned if you have young children in the room, or are feint of heart. Let's roll that footage...

We are taken to footage that is labeled 9-3-84 Springfield, Missouri. We see Kendall Windham dressed in street clothes walking across the parking lot of a building carrying a duffel bag. Just as he reaches what appears to be his car, he is hit from behind and crashes into the door of the car. Jimmy Garvin, Gary Young, and John Tatum all swarm into the picture and begin punching and kicking Windham, and repeatedly slamming his head off the roof and hood of the car. Once Kendall is an absolute bloody mess, they start to walk away, but Gary Young goes back and actually smashes Kendall's head into the drivers side window!!

Jim Ross: A disturbing attack that took place after a World Class show in Springfield, Missouri the night after Labor Day Star Wars. Young Kendall Windham was taken the hospital and received multiple stitches and suffered a severe concussion. Whether we will see him in a World Class ring again is unknown.

Bill Watts: Needless to say his older brother Barry Windham was not pleased with what transpired, so now we take you to the very next night in Joplin, Missouri.

This time the footage is labeled 9-4-94 Joplin, Missouri. We see Gary Young who looks dressed for an evening on the town putting his suitcase in the trunk of his car. From seemingly out of nowhere, Barry Windham nailed him from behind knocking him about half way into the trunk. Barry then starts raining down punches into the face of Young and we can hear him grunting out "you wanna attack my family" as he assaults him. Barry finally backs off a bit, and Young starts to try and pull himself up, and that is when Barry slams the trunk lid down on top of Young. Young collapses to the pavement and Windham reaches into the trunk, producing a tire iron. Barry reaches down and grabs the arm of Young, and brings the tire iron crashing down on his hand and wrist. Young screams out in pain and curls into the fetal position clutching his arm to his chest. The footage ends there.

Jim Ross: We understand that "Gorgeous" Gary suffered an injury to his arm, and he has not shown up to any of his scheduled matches since that night, and can only assume he has left World Class Wrestling.

Bill Watts: Barry Windham will be here on the show next week and we hope to get some comments from him on this whole matter.

Jim Ross: Folk's we are going to take a quick break, and we will be right back with the first of our two main events!

-Commercial Break-

-Baron Von Raschke vs Kevin Von Erich-

-Steel Cage-

-Iron Claw Submission Match-

Von Raschke stalled getting into the cage, and had Kevin worked into a frenzy by the time he finally did. When the cage door closed, Von Erich launched himself across the ring and fists were flying. Surprisingly it was Baron who took the advantage after sinking his fingers into the eyes of Kevin, and then he went to work. He smashed Kevin repeatedly into the cage, then scraped his face back and forth across the mesh until the blood began to flow. Von Raschke stomped him on the mat relentlessly, and when he held up his hand to signal the Claw, the Fort Worth crowd booed him out of the building.

Von Raschke reached down and grabbed a handful of Kevin's hair to pull him to his feet, but Kevin countered by stiff arming the Baron in the groin much to the delight of the fans! Von Raschke was clutching himself as Kevin got to his feet and grabbed him by the back of the head and ran him face first into the cage. Now it was Kevin's turn to bring the pain as he rubbed the face of Von Raschke against the cage and smashed him into it repeatedly until blood was streaming down the face of the Baron. Kevin shoved Von Raschke into the corner and climbed onto the second turnbuckle where he blasted him with punches as the crowd counted along. Von Raschke staggered out of the corner and collapsed to the canvas.

Now it was Kevin's turn as he held his hand up signalling for the Iron Claw as the crowd roared. Kevin dropped down and straddled Von Raschke, sinking the Iron Claw in deep as he did so. Von Erich grabbed his wrist with his other hand for extra leverage, and Von Raschke thrashed and struggled, but there was no escape. First he stopped trying to pull Kevin's arms away, then he stopped moving completely. At that point Referee David Manning called for the bell.

Winner: Kevin Von Erich

Bill Watts: MY GOD, WHAT A FIGHT!

Jim Ross: Bloodied and beaten, Kevin Von Erich has left Baron Von Raschke unconscious in the middle of the ring! I guess we know for sure who the true master of the Iron Claw is now Cowboy!

Bill Watts: Baron Von Raschke is a tough man Jim Ross, but when he backed Kevin Von Erich in a corner, I'm not sure he ever stood a chance.

Jim Ross: Folks, we are gonna take a break while both of these men are helped from the ring. When we return, we are going to hear from David Schultz!

-Commercial Break-

We return to find Marc Lowrance standing at ringside with one "Dr. D" David Schultz.

Marc Lowrance: Ladies and Gentleman, please welcome back to World Class Wrestling, David Schultz.

David Schultz: That's "Dr. D" David Schultz to you Marc Lowrance! But you know what, it's actually good to be back here in World Class Wrestling 'cause I have some unfinished business to take care of, ya understand that! Back on the Fourth of July, I was all set to whip The Junkyard Dog and win the World Class Title, when that gutless yellow turd, that seven foot mongoloid, Big John Studd jumped me from behind and wrapped a steel chair around my skull. When ya seven foot tall and weight over three hundred pounds, I'd expect you to step up and fight like a man, but Studd came up from behind me like a coward and I never saw it coming. I was still ready to go out there and beat the Dog half to death and bring home that title baby, but the damn doctors told the Doctor that I wasn't in no shape to wrestle. They told me that they'd fine me twenty five thousand dollars if I stepped foot out of that locker room.

Marc Lowrance: Where have you been since that time?

David Schultz: Don't you interrupt me Marc Lowrance, or I'll slap you so hard you'll think your my wife! I was getting to that! Now! John Studd did his job and took me out of that match as part of some master plan that Nicky Bockwinkel hatched so he could win the Heavyweight Title. Good for you Nick. That's real good. All you've done is save Junkyard Dog the whippin' that I was fixin' to give him, and now I'm gonna give it to you. Only it's gonna be a lot worse for you, cause at least the Dog never had to send his bosom buddies to take Dr. D out! Anyway! To answer your stupid question Marc Lowrance, after the Fourth of July, I took a little trip down to Alabama. Made a few friends, had a little fun, made twenty five thousand dollars so that if this crap ever happens again I can tell those doctors where to plant their lips, and most of all, I planned on how I was gonna come back here and get some damn revenge!

Marc Lowrance: That was at the Battle of New Orleans when you cost Big John Studd the Central States/Television Title Unification Match?

David Schultz: That was the damn start! If you, or Studd, or these people, or any damn buddy thinks that's all there is too it, you're mistaken! I'm going to continue smashing chairs into the head of John Studd until he's about as tall as Sky Low Low! You hear me! Then we can't forget that ole Tricky Nicky Bockwinkel was behind all this, so maybe I'll wrap a chair around his pretty blonde head and take that belt that I was all set to take in the damn first place!

Marc Lowrance: What about Bruiser Brody? When you attacked Studd for the second time on Labor Day, you caused Brody to get disqualified, and seem to have made an enemy of him as well.

David Schultz: I don't care about Bruiser Brody, Marc Lowrance. That big goof was in the wrong place at the wrong time, ya understand? If he wants to stomp out to the ring in his little boots with pieces of his old lady's fur coat glued to them, and his little chain and get in the Doctor's face, I'll be glad to smack him around too. Doctor D isn't in World Class Wrestling to make friends. I'm here for two reasons, to beat people up, and to win the Heavyweight Title. Brody, Studd, Bockwinkel, Jim Ross, you Lowrance, I don't care, I'll fight any damn body.

Schultz walks away as Lowrance gives an "Oh My" look and the show heads to a commercial break.

-Commercial Break-

Jim Ross: Ladies and Gentleman, we are back and it is time for the World Class Heavyweight Championship to be defended inside the Steel Cage.

Bill Watts: Ricky Steamboat has agreed to leave World Class for one year if he doesn't defeat Nick Bockwinkel here tonight. I believe Bockwinkel was attempting to set him up, but this cage has thrown a monkey wrench in his plans, and now he'll be forced to rely on only himself.

Jim Ross: Anything goes inside that cage, but he won't have John Studd and he won't have Baron Von Raschke to help him. The Champ is going to have to do this one on his own.

1 Fall, 60 Minute Time Limit

-Nick Bockwinkel vs Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat - AWA World Class Heavyweight Title-

-Cage Match-

A very different tempo than the first cage match, as Steamboat and Bockwinkel felt one another out in the opening minutes and tentatively locked up several times. A very technical back and forth wrestling match with both men showing control and superior ability that frequently ended in stalemates was the story of the opening fifteen minutes of this match. Bockwinkel seemed frustrated each time that Steamboat was able to counter him, while Steamboat just nodded his head and looked ready to try his next attack.

The tempo of the match changed when Steamboat bridged out of a Bockwinkel pin attempt, and it left Bockwinkel behind The Dragon. Nick had apparently had enough and grabbed a handful of Steamboat's hair and attempted to drive him face first into the cage! Steamboat caught hold of the mesh with both hands and stopped the momentum. Bockwinkel continued to try and drive the face of The Dragon into the cage, but Steamboat proved more powerful and didn't allow it to happen. Steamboat drove an elbow backwards into the stomach of the Champion, and then grabbed him by the head and smashed him into the cage much to the delight of the crowd!

Bockwinkel came off the mat with blood streaming down his face, and The Dragon laid into him with a series of chops to the chest, and then one to the head for good measure. Steamboat whipped Bockwinkel into the ropes and caught him with a huge double chop to the chest that sent Bockwinkel down. Steamboat covered Bockwinkel, but Referee Ron West only counted Two. Steamboat grabbed Bockwinkel by the hair to pull him up, and at the same time, Bockwinkel grabbed Ron West by the pant leg to try and stop Steamboat. Steamboat managed to get Bockwinkel to his feet, and Bockwinkel had West off balance, and when Steamboat nailed Bockwinkel with a punch, Bockwinkel nailed Ron West with a back elbow that seemed very convenient....

Bockwinkel began crawling to the corner to try and get away from Steamboat, slapping the mat quite loudly as he went, but Ricky followed him in and pulled him to his feet. Steamboat mounted the turnbuckle and began to punch away at Bockwinkel.

Jim Ross: Bill, do you see.. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!

A couple of feet behind where Ricky Steamboat was punching away at Bockwinkel in the corner, a hole appeared in the canvas. Small at first, just enough for some fingers to appear, then a hand, then a second hand. Then the whole got much bigger as two arms widened it, then a head appeared....

Jim Ross: THAT'S THE GREAT KABUKI!!!

From out of the hole came The Great Kabuki. He crouched down and waited for Ricky Steamboat to finish punching away at Nick Bockwinkel. When Steamboat climbed down and turned around, Kabuki flipped back his hair and unleashed a mouth full of Green Mist directly into the face of The Dragon! Steamboat fell to the mat clutching his face, Bockwinkel who was slumped in the corner was smiling like the Cheshire Cat, and Kabuki just slid back into the hole like he'd never been there.

Bockwinkel took a few moments to compose himself, then casually strolled over and stomped Steamboat in the head several times. He then yanked The Dragon to his feet by the hair, kicked him in the gut, and planted him with a Piledriver. Bockwinkel went over and shook Ron West several times until he stirred, then headed back to Steamboat and stomped on him a few more times, before picking him back up and giving him a second Piledriver. This time Bockwinkel covered, and a dazed Ron West counted One, Two, Three.

Winner, and Still AWA World Class Heavyweight Champion: Nick Bockwinkel

Jim Ross: Bockwinkel is still the champion! Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat has too..... this can't stand, can it Cowboy?

Bill Watts: Anything goes inside that cage Jim. I don't like it anymore than you do, but Ricky Steamboat is out of World Class Wrestling for one year.

Jim Ross: Where in the world did Kabuki come from? How is he associated with Bockwinkel?

Bill Watts: I get the feeling there is a lot more to this story Jim Ross. Hopefully next week we'll get some answers.

Jim Ross: Alright Ladies and Gentleman, we are out of time. Please join us here next week for more AWA World Class Wrestling. For Bill Watts, I'm Jim Ross. Good Night Everyone!

So much great stuff in that show. Starting with Barry Windham getting revenge for the mugging his brother Kendall fell victim to, topped by The Great Kabuki costing Ricky Steamboat the World Class title. This will certainly be a story to follow here! After all, Kabuki and Steamboat had a few encounters here and there in Florida! ;)

Really funny... In next week's show I had Ladd's Army attacking Kendall Windham in the parking lot to anger Blackjack Mulligan but you beat me to the punch.  I will need to rewrite that segment as you just outdid me for sure.

Great interview with Dr.D as he becomes the Lone Wolf of World Class

Very creative ending to the Steamboat/Worldclass match.  I have used the person rolling out from under the ring like Wildfire Tommy Rich did to help Idol beat Lawler in Memphis but never someone come right through the middle of the ring!

Poor Ricky... tough way to go!

Man, this was one intense show! 

Starts off with young Kendall getting a horrible beating as Young puts his head through a window! 

Barry gets revenge the next night with a tire iron! No wonder Gary Young wants to wait until Oct. 4th before he wrestles in TNT LOL. 

Kevin is the true claw master as he takes down Baron! Great blow off and on free TV! 

Dr. D is gold. Bock better watch out. 

Awesome main event! Damn, Bock is so clever. Steamboat has the match won until Kabuki appears and sprays the deadly green mist! As if that wasn't enough, Bock piledrives him down and out of WCCW. 

Always something big happening in WCCW. 

Wow...two cage matches and both delivered huge!!

Great stuff with Kendall getting attacked and big brother Barry getting revenge....it will be interesting to see if Garvin and Tatum seeks revenge for their fallen partner.

This Schultz promo was gold...so many great lines with "seven foot mongoloid" being my favorite of the night!

Kevin Von Erich proves the Von Erichs are the masters of the claw in World Class and lets Bockwinkel know that whatever happens with Steamboat...he's still coming for him with this definitive victory over one of him minions.

Wow...."Tricky" Nick appears to be cornered with no way out and once again he has an ace up his sleeve! Great finish!  Kabuki makes a huge impact here and walks in the door as a top star...well done!!

Not that there was ever any doubt, but looks like we figured out who the master of the CLAW really is... Unless the Spoiler or Mulligan wants to come in and issue a challenge next...

Got to see a lot of Gary Young during his USWA Dallas days on ESPN, 4 days a week, and later Global... Always enjoyed him in the heel role best... Love his push here. It was such a shame it took ten years in real life before he got any type of a regular push in a promotion with TV.... He shined whenever given the opportunity, whether it was in Amarillo in the early 80's, or his stint in Houston when he turned on Chavo... Glad to see him being used to his potential here...

I've seen many Schultz promos throughout the fantasy world... They never disappoint. 

Love the crafty Bockwinkel. One of my favorites to write for when given the opportunity... Good stuff here with Bock and Steamer... and Kabuki....

-9-14-84 from The Sports Arena in Amarillo, TX-

1) "Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin w/Precious beat Sam Houston in 11:28 w/Brainbuster

2) Brian Adias over Stan Stasiak in 9:49 w/Roll Up

3) The Highwaymen (Bobby Duncum/Phil Hickerson) defeated The Youngbloods (Jay Youngblood/Mark Youngblood) in 14:13 when Duncum pinned Mark

4) Big John Studd and "Dr. D" David Schultz wrestled to a Double Disqualification in 8:34

5) Barry Windham over Iceman King Parsons in 25:55 w/Superplex in a match for the Central States Title

6) The Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton/Dennis Condrey) w/Jim Cornette defeated The Glamour Boys (Steve Doll/Steve Simpson) in 23:11 when Condrey pinned Doll

7) Kerry Von Erich defeated "Honky Tonk Man" Wayne Ferris w/Sunshine by Count Out in 10:17 in a match for the Southwestern Title

8) Nick Bockinwkel and Kevin Von Erich wrestled to a Draw in 60:00

-9-15-84 from The Lubbock Memorial Coliseum in Lubbock, TX-

1) "Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin w/Precious beat Sam Houston in 11:24 w/Brainbuster

2) Brian Adias over Stan Stasiak in 9:46 w/Roll Up

3) The Highwaymen (Bobby Duncum/Phil Hickerson) defeated The Youngbloods (Jay Youngblood/Mark Youngblood) in 14:43 when Duncum pinned Mark

4) Big John Studd and "Dr. D" David Schultz wrestled to a Double Disqualification in 8:39

5) Barry Windham over Iceman King Parsons in 25:58 w/Superplex in a match for the Central States Title

6) The Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton/Dennis Condrey) w/Jim Cornette defeated The Glamour Boys (Steve Doll/Steve Simpson) in 23:21 when Condrey pinned Doll

7) Kerry Von Erich defeated "Honky Tonk Man" Wayne Ferris w/Sunshine by Count Out in 10:19 in a match for the Southwestern Title

-9-16-84 from The Ector County Coliseum in Odessa, TX-

1) "Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin w/Precious beat Sam Houston in 11:23 w/Brainbuster

2) Brian Adias over Stan Stasiak in 9:44 w/Roll Up

3) The Highwaymen (Bobby Duncum/Phil Hickerson) defeated The Youngbloods (Jay Youngblood/Mark Youngblood) in 14:19 when Duncum pinned Mark

4) Big John Studd and "Dr. D" David Schultz wrestled to a Double Disqualification in 8:14

5) Barry Windham over Iceman King Parsons in 26:15 w/Superplex in a match for the Central States Title

6) The Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton/Dennis Condrey) w/Jim Cornette defeated The Glamour Boys (Steve Doll/Steve Simpson) in 24:01 when Condrey pinned Doll

7) Kerry Von Erich defeated "Honky Tonk Man" Wayne Ferris w/Sunshine by Count Out in 10:07 in a match for the Southwestern Title

-9-17-84 from The Hemisfair Arena in San Antonio, TX-

1) "Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin w/Precious beat Sam Houston in 11:20 w/Brainbuster

2) Brian Adias over Stan Stasiak in 9:42 w/Roll Up

3) The Highwaymen (Bobby Duncum/Phil Hickerson) defeated The Youngbloods (Jay Youngblood/Mark Youngblood) in 14:19 when Duncum pinned Mark

4) Big John Studd and "Dr. D" David Schultz wrestled to a Double Disqualification in 8:34

5) Barry Windham over Iceman King Parsons in 25:57 w/Superplex in a match for the Central States Title

6) The Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton/Dennis Condrey) w/Jim Cornette defeated The Glamour Boys (Steve Doll/Steve Simpson) in 24:41 when Condrey pinned Doll

7) Kerry Von Erich defeated "Honky Tonk Man" Wayne Ferris w/Sunshine by Count Out in 10:11 in a match for the Southwestern Title

-9-18-84 from The Frank Erwin Center in Austin, TX-

1) "Hollywood" John Tatum (subbing for Jimmy Garvin) beat Sam Houston in 11:32 w/Savate Kick

2) Brian Adias over Stan Stasiak in 9:45 w/Roll Up

3) The Highwaymen (Bobby Duncum/Phil Hickerson) defeated The Youngbloods (Jay Youngblood/Mark Youngblood) in 14:33 when Duncum pinned Mark

4) Big John Studd and "Dr. D" David Schultz wrestled to a Double Disqualification in 8:27

5) Barry Windham over "Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin w/Precious (subbing for Iceman King Parsons) in 20:25 w/Superplex in a match for the Central States Title

6) The Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton/Dennis Condrey) w/Jim Cornette defeated The Glamour Boys (Steve Doll/Steve Simpson) in 25:10 when Condrey pinned Doll

7) Kerry Von Erich defeated "Honky Tonk Man" Wayne Ferris w/Sunshine by Count Out in 10:09 in a match for the Southwestern Title

I like the occasional substitutions, makes it feel more authentic.

Big win for the Highwaymen over the Youngbloods....they keep moving up the ranks

Studd/Schultz has to be a hard hitting brawl!

Windham looks strong as Central States Champion on this loop!

Hanging with the Midnights for nearly half hours helps give the Glamour Boys some credibility.

No one plays the chicken shit/arrogant heel like HTM....so much you can do with him here getting heat by cheating the Von Erich out of the Southwestern title!

Kevin vs. Bockwinkel for 60 minutes would not disappoint...great stuff!!

-Broadcasting live to our local affiliates in Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas, and Missouri, as well as in Syndication across these great United States, the American Wrestling Association proudly presents World Class Wrestling, coming to you this week from the Sportatorium in Dallas!-

F7oZ5gK.png

As the show opens we find Marc Lowrance already standing in the ring with World Class Heavyweight Champion Nick Bockwinkel and his associate Big John Studd.

Marc Lowrance: Nick Bockwinkel, last week you defended the AWA World Class Heavyweight Title inside of a steel cage against Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat. You came out of that match the winner, but it was not without controversy as The Great Kabuki made his return to World Class Wrestling by somehow tearing his way out from under the ring and spewing that mist into the eyes of Steamboat.

Nick Bockwinkel: I'm not going to deny that it happened Marc Lowrance, I saw The Great Kabuki in the ring just like you did, just like all of these people did. But I don't have the slightest idea what he was doing there.

Marc Lowrance: You're saying that you weren't behind the interference?

Nick Bockwinkel: Of course not! I am a sportsman, and a fighting champion Marc Lowrance. I don't need heathens like The Great Kabuki ripping apart rings to help me fight my battles.

Marc Lowrance: If you don't mind my saying so Mr. Bockwinkel, you seemed distraught when you were forced inside the steel cage. You didn't have Big John Studd at ringside to...

Big John Studd steps forward and wraps a massive hand around the hand of Lowrance that is holding the microphone and pulls it toward his mouth.

Big John Studd: Mr. Bockwinkel said he didn't know anything about it. He'll be answering no further questions. C'mon Nick.

Studd shoves Lowrance hard enough that he falls onto his butt, and then puts his hand on Bockwinkel's shoulder as the two of them exit the ring and head for the dressing room.

Jim Ross: Hello Everyone, and welcome to AWA World Class Wrestling. I'm Jim Ross, and joining me as always is "Cowboy" Bill Watts. What do you think about what we just saw Cowboy?

Bill Watts: Well Jim, it sounded like a load of crap to me.

Jim Ross: It certainly didn't sound very convincing did it. Folks, we have quite a night of action lined up for you. The Great Kabuki will be in action later on. Bruiser Brody will be here. A new tag team and a returning tag team will battle it out, and in the main event, Kerry Von Erich will challenge Wayne Ferris, The Honky Tonk Man for the Southwestern Title. But right now, let's head to the ring where Stan Stasiak is set for action.

1 Fall, 10 Minute Time Limit

-Stan Stasiak vs Tugboat Taylor-

Taylor has dropped the bleached hair and cut offs for his traditional singlet and dark mullet and is back to using his old name. Everyone pretty much expects Stasiak to run over him, and for the opening minutes of the match, it appears that will be the case as Stan punches away at him. But then Stasiak attempts to slam the huge Taylor, and that ain't happening. Taylor begins to fire back on Stasiak, and soon the two big men are slugging it out. This turns into a battle of who can move who, and neither man wins as they battle to the time limit.

Winner: DRAW

Bill Watts: A hard fought draw between Stan Stasiak and Tugboat Taylor. You know there is nothing I like more than watching two grown men slug it out.

Jim Ross: All the more impressive considering Taylor is just over his bout with rabies!

Bill Watts: Ha! Folks, we'll be right back.

-Commercial Break-

Jim Ross: Welcome back everyone, we are going to jump right back into the action as a new tag team is set to debut. The masked Thunderfoots are looking to make a mark here in World Class, but to do so they will have to get past the returning Batten Twins.

1 Fall, 15 Minute Time Limit

-The Thunderfoots (Thunderfoot I/Thunderfoot II) vs The Batten Twins (Brad Batten/Bart Batten)-

Both teams looked good in this one as the Battens used some double team work to confound their masked opponents in the opening minutes of the contest, but the Thunderfoots would take the advantage and keep it with some underhanded tactics perpetrated by the larger Thunderfoot I. The end came when Thunderfoot II planted Bart Batten with a big powerslam, then tagged in his partner. II charged Brad and knocked him off the apron, while Thunderfoot I scored a Shoulderbreaker on Bart and covered him for the 1,2,3.

Winners: The Thunderfoots

Jim Ross: The Thunderfoots pick up the win in their World Class debut. Up next folks, we have the wild man known as Bruiser Brody in action, and I am here to tell you that he is not happy.

Bill Watts: Not at all Jim. He had been waiting to get his hands on Big John Studd in singles competition for some time, and then David Schultz interfered and cost him the match.

Jim Ross: Then last week Schultz had some choice comments concerning both Brody and Studd, and I can't think either man will take kindly to those.

Bill Watts: Here comes Brody. I have a feeling we'll here from him after he ruins this poor kids day!

-Bruiser Brody vs Jason Martin-

As soon as the bell rings Brody nearly takes the kids head off his shoulders with a boot to the face. Brody yanks him up by the hair and lifts him into a bodyslam with one arm. Brody walks him around the ring for a couple of laps, and then plants the kid hard in the center. Brody stomps around for a minute, and then obliterates the kid with a King Kong Knee Drop. Referee Jerry Usher could count to a thousand.

Winner: Bruiser Brody

Marc Lowrance is waiting for Brody as he exits the ring.

Marc Lowrance: Bruiser Brody, your comments on the recent happenings with Big John Studd and David Schultz.

Bruiser Brody: My comments are this! John Studd, you and I have unfinished business. You want to throw your weight around and act like you are the only big man here in World Class, but you seem to forget that I'm just as big and a whole lot badder than you are. Schultz, you say I was in the wrong place at the wrong time. That may be, but you've gone and made yourself an enemy you aren't capable of dealing with. I didn't get these scars on my face, I didn't get the reputation I have from playing games, so anytime you want to fight, I'm not a hard man to find.

Brody walks away and lets loose with his trademark "Huss" and the crowd goes wild as the show heads to commercial.

-Commercial Break-

Jim Ross: Welcome back to World Class Wrestling. Before the break we heard from Bruiser Brody who seems ready to fight both John Studd and David Schultz.

Bill Watts: He'd probably fight them at the same time.

Jim Ross: You're probably right. Up next, we are going to have a special interview with the Central States Champion Barry Windham, let's head down to Marc Lowrance for that one.

Marc Lowrance is in the ring with Barry Windham who is wearing blue jeans and a button up shirt and has the Central States Title over his shoulder.

Marc Lowrance: Ladies and Gentleman, please welcome the reigning Central States Champion, Barry Windham! Thanks for joining me Barry.

Barry Windham: Thanks for having me out here Marc.

Marc Lowrance: Now Barry, you and Jimmy Garvin have been going at each other for some time here in World Class. More recently we've seen your brother Kendall and Sam Houston fight alongside you, while he has had the likes of John Tatum and Gary Young as partners. Recently they assaulted your brother Kendall rather violently. What can you tell us about that?

Barry Windham: Well Marc, I know the footage was shown last week, and as you saw Garvin, Young, and Tatum beat him up real bad. They bloodied him up real good and gave him a pretty bad concussion, and Gary Young actually smashed his head clean through the drivers side window. Kendall got lucky and didn't suffer any life threatening injuries.

Marc Lowrance: Then the next night Barry, you took some revenge.

Barry Windham: You know Marc, I got into the wrestling business because it's what I've known my whole life. I got into the wrestling business to be a wrestler. I don't want to attack people in parking lots, I don't want to hit people with tire irons. But when you start messing with my family, and you do it in the parking lot, and you do it three on one, well I suppose I'll do anything I have to do to get even Marc Lowrance.

Marc Lowrance: I think everyone can certainly understand that Barry. Now, Jimmy Garvin is still telling everyone that will listen that he wants another shot at the Central States Title. He claims that winning the battle royal at The Battle of New Orleans makes him the number one contender.

Barry Windham: You know what, I've beaten Garvin each and every time we've stepped into this ring. But if he wants to do it again, I'm not going to back down from a fight.

A chorus of boo's erupts as "Hollywood" John Tatum struts his way down to ringside. He enters the ring and stands across from Windham, with Marc Lowrance keeping him safely out of reach.

Marc Lowrance: John Tatum, is there something..

John Tatum: There is something you can do for me Marc Lowrance, you can ask this big goof why he hasn't given "Hollywood" John Tatum a shot at that title yet?

Marc Lowrance: Barry?

Barry Windham: Maybe because earning a title shot involves winning matches and not just being a cocky little pri...

John Tatum: HEY NOW!!

Marc Lowrance: Gentleman! Gentleman!!

Barry Windham: You know what fine, you want a title shot, I'll give you one, but I want something for it.

John Tatum: Yeah! What's that?

Barry Windham: I ran your buddy Gary Young out of here, so if I beat you, how about you leave too!

John Tatum: No Deal!

Barry Windham: No title shot.

Tatum makes a pouty face and looks like he is contemplating the offer.

John Tatum: THIRTY DAYS!

Barry Windham: Nah. I give you a title shot, and you lose, I don't see you back in World Class until after Christmas!

Tatum throws his hands in the air and stomps around the ring like a crazy person.

John Tatum: FINE!!! But I need time to prepare! Two Weeks Windham!!

Barry Windham: See you then Johnny

Windham smiles as he heads out of the ring, and Tatum looks like he can't decide whether he won the lottery or made the biggest mistake of his life.

-Commercial Break-

Jim Ross: Is that official then Bill?

Bill Watts: Yes Jim, the Board has signed it for October 2nd.

Jim Ross: Folks, it is official. Two weeks from now, Barry Windham will defend the Central States title against "Hollywood" John Tatum, and if John Tatum doesn't win the title he will be forced to leave AWA World Class Wrestling until after Christmas!

Bill Watts: After seeing Bockwinkel run multiple people out of here with that stipulation, it's nice to see someone potentially stick their foot in their own mouth!

Jim Ross: It should be quite the affair Cowboy. Up next, we have The Great Kabuki returning to singles action. Last week we saw him tear his way out from under the ring and into the cage and cost Ricky Steamboat not only the World Class Title, but his employment here as well.

Bill Watts: Bockwinkel claims he has no knowledge of why Kabuki was there, but I find that questionable.

Jim Ross: Well Bill, look who is accompanying Kabuki to the ring...

Bill Watts: Well, well, well.... I can see things are going to get very interesting around here..

-The Great Kabuki w/Gary Hart vs Mike Reed-

After an impressive display of nunchaku handling, Kabuki got down to business, dismantling Reed with martial arts strikes. He worked him over further with a nerve hold, and then turned out his lights with a thrust kick.

Winner: The Great Kabuki

Marc Lowrance is waiting for Gary Hart and Kabuki

Marc Lowrance: Gary Hart, it has been some months since we have seen The Great Kabuki, but it has been even longer since you have been here in World Class Wrestling.

Gary Hart: Marc Lowrance, where men like myself and The Great Kabuki choose to tread is no concern of yours. Suffice to say a man like you wouldn't last long in the places we go or in the circles we run. What matters is that we have returned to World Class Wrestling, and we have done so for a reason.

Marc Lowrance: and what is that reason?

Gary Hart: In good time Marc Lowrance, in good time. For now all you need to know is that The Great Kabuki and I haven't come alone. Next week I shall return with another of my associates.

Marc Lowrance: What about Nick Bockwinkel? Why did The Great Kabuki get involved last week?

Gary Hart: Nick Bockwinkel? I wouldn't know, I've never met the man. Perhaps you should ask The Great Kabuki.

Hart walks away with a snicker as Lowrance puts the microphone in front of Kabuki. After a solid twenty seconds of silence, Kabuki turns and follows Hart.

Jim Ross: Kabuki looks as devastating as ever inside the ring, but between he and Gary Hart we got very few answers outside of it.

Bill Watts: Hart never reveals his hand before he is ready to play it.

Jim Ross: It does appear he has at least one more man in his charge and plans to have him with us next week.

Bill Watts: God only knows who that could be.

Jim Ross: Fans, let's take a break, and we'll be right back with our main event.

-Commercial Break-

Jim Ross: Okay, we are back and it is time for the main event of the evening, and it should be a good one! The last time we were here in Dallas was for The Great Texas Round Up. Kerry Von Erich looked to have the match in hand, when he was jumped from behind by The Grappler who had already been eliminated. After that, this Honky Tonk Man made his debut and got the easiest victory of all time to claim the Southwestern Championship.

Bill Watts: But he still acted like he ran a danged marathon to win it!

Jim Ross: Now Kerry has dispatched The Grappler, and he is looking for a little revenge and a little gold against Wayne Ferris.

1 Fall, 60 Minute Time Limit

-"Honky Tonk Man" Wayne Ferris w/Sunshine vs Kerry Von Erich- AWA Southwestern Heavyweight Title

After Ferris made his ridiculous ring entrance that saw him dance around ringside, get a kiss from Sunshine, take off his guitar and sunglasses, and have his ring jacket removed and folded, he got in the ring and began to check out his hair in the reflection on the Southwestern Title. Kerry Von Erich was not happy, and kept trying to get at Ferris, but each time the Honky Tonk Man got behind referee James Beard. Then the bell rang, and Kerry went for a lock up, only for Ferris to side step him and again fluff his hair.

Von Erich exploded and went after Ferris who quickly dropped down and rolled out of the ring. Kerry jumped between the ropes, and soon the chase was on around ringside. Ferris was the first back into the ring, and it gave him the jump on Von Erich, as he stomped Kerry when he rolled back into the ring. Ferris stayed on the attack, dropping an elbow onto Von Erich and covering him, but it only got a 1 count. Ferris grabbed a side headlock, but Von Erich shot him into the ropes. The Honky Tonk Man attempted a shoulderblock but Von Erich barely budged. Ferris threw a punch at Kerry, but Kerry blocked it and nailed Ferris with a big right hand. Kerry then threw another and another, and soon was rocking Ferris across the ring and into the ropes. Von Erich whipped Honky Tonk Man across the ring, and took him down with a big dropkick on the rebound.

Kerry went over and pulled the fallen Ferris to his feet by the hair, but that seemed to enrage The Honky Tonk Man who shoved Von Erich away and reached up to see how badly his pompadour had been messed up. Kerry wasn't having any part of it and charged at Ferris, catching him with a running dropkick that sent The Honky Tonk Man to the floor. Von Erich took a moment to soak in the cheers of the Sportatorium faithful, and as Referee Beard began to count, Von Erich went to the floor to retrieve his opponent.

CRASH!!

As soon as Kerry's feet hit the floor, The Honky Tonk Man who had been kneeling down, came to his feet and smashed his guitar over the head of Von Erich. It splintered into pieces, and Kerry crashed to the floor in a heap as the crowd went from elation to anger. James Beard immediately called for the bell, as Sunshine grabbed the Southwestern belt and along with "Honky Tonk Man" Wayne Ferris got out of town while the getting was still good.

Winner, by Disqualification: Kerry Von Erich

Jim Ross: This Honky Tonk Man just deliberately got himself disqualified!

Bill Watts: He knew he was in trouble so he did what he had to do to save the title.

Jim Ross: I'm not so sure Bill. I think this weirdo was mad that Von Erich messed up his hair!

Bill Watts: Either way, he's lucky he got out of the Sportatorium fast, because these fans are not happy.

Jim Ross: Look at that Bill, Kerry Von Erich is a bloody mess!

Bill Watts: I can assure you we haven't heard the last of Kerry Von Erich and The Honky Tonk Man!

Jim Ross: Alright Folks, that's all we have for this evening. Please join us next week for more World Class Wrestling!

Awesome show with some big debuts.  Like Tugboat here.  Surprised he didn't get the win.  Thunderfoots add some depth to the tag division

Could just picture Studd telling Lowrance "no further questions" as he covered the mic.  Great job setting up a cool visual.

An angry Bruiser is a bad thing but with Dr. D and Studd involved... nobody will be backing down.

Tatum better be working hard for the next two weeks as Barry is waiting and he is one of the best.

HTM with so guitar shot... love it

Another great show that kicks off with a classic Bock promo. Cant wait to see what's next for Bock.

Tugboat surprises Stan the Man by taking him to the limit.

Thunderfoots get a strong debut TV win over the Battens. 

Brody is a madman! Shultz and Studd better watch out.

Barry gives a passionate promo. Tatum might of picked the wrong time for a challenge.

Gary Hart and Kabuki together again in WCCW! I can only imagine what Hart is plotting. 

Fun main event. HTM is the classic cowardly heel. Kerry is the ideal person the fans want to see beat HTM up. HTM abruptly ends the match with a guitar shot! Oh man, Kerry is going to be out for blood.