Pro Wrestling Only

AWA World Class Wrestling

Blehschmidt

Really good show as all  roads lead to Halloween Star Wars.

Show kicks off with a wild brawl between Shultz, Studd and Brody! Man, I cant wait for that Chamber of Horrors match!!! 

I enjoyed the rest of the show as it showcased a lot of great talent such as Hart's monsters, Houston, Strongbow and Orton. 

Is Adams sincere? Can Kerry trust him? Looking forward to watching all this unfold. 

Watts makes a huge announcement as WCCW joins the Superstation! This is big for WCCW as they get a national platform. Smart move kicking it off by showing 4 matches from Star Wars. That will certainly draw viewers.

Another wild WCCW main event as Adias beats Iceman in a strap match and has earned himself a title match with Bock. I noticed on the house show loop, Adias took Bock to the time limit. Can Adias pull off a major upset? He's looking strong heading in. Should be a good one.  

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, a TON of great stuff to catch up on since I've been able to get on here....I loved the reveal of the security footage from Kevin to expose Gary Hart/Bockwinkel....however I equally enjoyed Hart's response...great stuff!

Intrigued by the Chris Adams angle here....this could go either way...which is exciting for the fans because they really don't know which way things are going to go.

The build of the Samoans has been tremendous....in the beginning I thought they were just another mid-card tag team for the Midnight Express to beat..but at this point it really feels like if they can get a far shot...they could bring home the gold!

The wild three way feud between Schultz/Brody/Studd looks to be ready to pay off in a big way with the Chamber of Horrors match! I love all the stakes involved as well....can't wait to see how this plays out!

Halloween Star Wars is going to be another huge card....looking forward to seeing how things play out!

Giving Schultz, Brody and Studd time to stew until Chamber of Horrors is going to mean chaos!

I am enjoying the business men side of Gary Hart and he does have a dangerous stable.  It also seems like he is willing to rent them out to people like Bock so all of World Class better have eyes in the back of their heads.  Chris Adams is a nice start but the VonErichs might need more help.

Sam Houston is a nice mid-card fan favorite for WCCW.  He always seemed to bring some a lot of energy to the ring.  

WCCW is the only place where Adias could rise to this level and you have him down pat.  Nice work

Looking forward to the Halloween card 

-10-19-84 from The Sam Houston Coliseum in Houston, TX-

1) Barry Windham beat "Outlaw" Joel Deaton in 11:37 w/Lariat in a match for the Central States Title

2) The Great Kabuki w/Gary Hart over Tugboat Taylor in 7:21 w/Thrust Kick

3) Iceman King Parsons defeated Jay Youngblood in 10:53 w/Roll Up Holding Tights

4) The Glamour Boys (Steve Doll/Steve Simpson) beat The Highwaymen (Phil Hickerson/Bobby Duncum) w/Paul Jones by Disqualification in 14:19 when Jones interfered

5) "Cowboy" Bob Orton w/Paul Jones and Sam Houston wrestled to a Draw in 15:00

6) "Dr. D" David Schultz and Kamala w/Friday wrestled to a Double Count Out in 8:35

7) Kevin Von Erich defeated Killer Khan w/Gary Hart in 9:09 w/Turning Cross Body Press

8) The Islanders (Samu/Tonga Kid) beat The Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton/Dennis Condrey) w/Jim Cornette by Disqualification in 19:48 when Cornette hit Samu with the Tennis Racket

9) Kerry Von Erich over "Honky Tonk Man" Wayne Ferris w/Sunshine in 10:14 w/Discus Punch in a Non-Title Match.

10) Bruiser Brody/Brian Adias defeated Nick Bockwinkel/Big John Studd in 25:11 when Adias pinned Bockwinkel

-10-20-84 from The Lake Charles Civic Center in Lake Charles, LA-

1) Barry Windham beat "Outlaw" Joel Deaton in 11:37 w/Lariat in a match for the Central States Title

3) Iceman King Parsons defeated Jay Youngblood in 10:53 w/Roll Up Holding Tights

4) The Glamour Boys (Steve Doll/Steve Simpson) beat The Highwaymen (Phil Hickerson/Bobby Duncum) w/Paul Jones by Disqualification in 14:19 when Jones interfered

6) "Dr. D" David Schultz and Kamala w/Friday wrestled to a Double Count Out in 8:35

7) Kevin Von Erich defeated Killer Khan w/Gary Hart in 9:09 w/Turning Cross Body Press

8) The Islanders (Samu/Tonga Kid) beat The Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton/Dennis Condrey) w/Jim Cornette by Disqualification in 19:48 when Cornette hit Samu with the Tennis Racket

9) Kerry Von Erich over "Honky Tonk Man" Wayne Ferris w/Sunshine in 10:14 w/Discus Punch in a Non-Title Match.

10) Bruiser Brody/Brian Adias defeated Nick Bockwinkel/Big John Studd in 25:11 when Adias pinned Bockwinkel

-10-21-84 from The Auditorium in Lafayette, LA-

-10-22-84 from The Riverside Centroplex in Baton Rouge, LA-

-10-23-84 from The Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans, LA-

I agree with Gene, Adias getting the pin on Bock is huge and no doubt gives him a big confidence boost as he heads into the title match. 

LOL, I have a feeling the HTM is going to be champ for a long time. 

Nice tag action as the Glamour Boys/Highwaymen and Islanders/Midnights keep their feuds going. 

I love just about everything here in the results except Adias in his position as the main event and pinning Bockwinkel. That's just a personal preference though, I never cared for Adias. I found him bland and boring. Again, nothing wrong with the overall storylines or presentation I just can't get emotionally invested in Adias going over Bock. Everything else was very enjoyable.

-Broadcasting live to our local affiliates in Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas, and Missouri, as well as in Syndication across these great United States, the American Wrestling Association proudly presents World Class Wrestling, coming to you this week from the Irish McNeil Boys Club in Shreveport, Louisiana!-

F7oZ5gK.png

Jim Ross: Hello Everyone! Welcome to AWA World Class Wrestling, I'm Jim Ross, joined as always by "Cowboy" Bill Watts and we are just days away from our debut on the Superstation WTBS and days away from Halloween Star Wars!

Bill Watts: Indeed Jim, but we have quite a night of action in store here tonight. Not only will we see Paul Jones Army of Bob Orton and The Highwaymen take on Central States Champion Barry Windham and The Glamour Boys in six man tag team action, but we will also see this "Honky Tonk Man" Wayne Ferris in action days before he defends his title against Sam Houston.

Jim Ross: That's not all Cowboy. While the situation between Chris Adams and The Von Erich's is still up in the air, we do know that the Von Erich's want to fight Gary Hart's men, and tonight Kerry Von Erich and Kamala are going to go one on one!

Bill Watts: That's going to be a fight, and you have to know that the rest of Hart's men, and Kevin won't be too far from the action.

Jim Ross: The Islanders are going to be in action a little later, and I've been told that we are going to have a very big name in the AWA making their debut here tonight.

Bill Watts: You can say that again. This guy is going to make quite the impact here in World Class, and he debuts tonight.

Jim Ross: Looking forward to it Cowboy. As if all that weren't enough, right now the World Class Heavyweight Champion is set for action! Let's head to the ring!!

1 Fall, 10 Minute Time Limit

-Nick Bockwinkel vs Mike Bond-

Bockwinkel shakes hands with his opponent to begin the match and then systematically works over his leg over the course of several minutes. Bond is able to get a move in here and there, but each time Bockwinkel shows what makes him one of the top wrestlers in the world and immediately reverses him or takes back control. Finally he slaps on the Figure Four Leglock and secures the submission victory.

Winner: Nick Bockwinkel

Marc Lowrance catches up with Bockwinkel as he is exiting the ring.

Marc Lowrance: A dominant performance in the ring this evening Mr. Bockwinkel. Could we get your thoughts on your upcoming title defense at Halloween Star Wars against Brian Adias?

Nick Bockwinkel: Well Marc Lowrance, Brian Adias is a fine up and coming young athlete whose track record speaks for itself. However, he has been wrapped up in something of a personal vendetta against the members of The Movement for some time now, and I have to wonder if he is in the proper frame of mind to be challenging an elite athlete such as myself for the top prize here in World Class Wrestling. I suppose we'll find out in just under a week, but I hope that young Mr. Adias is prepared to wrestle the match of his career, because that is what it's going to take if he hopes to procure this title belt.

Marc Lowrance: Another line of questioning if you will Mr. Bockwinkel. It has been over a month since you last appeared on World Class television. When you were last here you claimed that you had no knowledge of why The Great Kabuki interfered in your match with Ricky Steamboat. Gary Hart went on to claim that the two of you had never even met. Kevin Von Erich then produced footage from the night of your match with Steamboat that showed what appears to be you paying off Gary Hart in the parking lot. What do you have to say about that?

Nick Bockwinkel: I have to say that I have avoided World Class television for a month because I knew that so called journalists such as yourself would be pointing fingers and forcing me to defend myself against such accusations. I can not speak for Gary Hart and why he chose to say he did not know me, I can only speak for myself. Was the footage in question me handing Gary Hart a briefcase full of money? Yes it was. Was the briefcase full of money a pay off for The Great Kabuki interfering in my match that evening? Absolutely not. Watch the footage again. That lovely Lincoln Continental that Mr. Studd and I were preparing to drive away in, we had just purchased from one Gary Hart. Thusly, a briefcase full of money.

Marc Lowrance: You really expect people to buy that story?

Nick Bockwinkel: Quite frankly I don't think these people can afford to buy anything. Now if you'll excuse me....

Bockwinkel pushes past Marc Lowrance and heads toward the dressing room to a chorus of jeers from the crowd.

-Commercial Break-

Jim Ross: Welcome back to World Class Wrestling Ladies and Gentleman. That was quite a story that the Champion was spinning before the break Cowboy.

Bill Watts: While Gary Hart definitely reminds me of a user car salesman, I'm not buying that story for a minute.

Jim Ross: Alright folks, next up we are going to see The Islanders...

Before Jim Ross can finish his sentence, Jim Cornette comes strolling out from the back with a big smile on his face, carrying a folding chair. He sets it up at the announce position and sits down next to Ross, out of reach of Bill Watts.

Jim Cornette: Howdy Boys! I heard that former Tag Team Title challengers The Islanders were up next so I thought I would come out and help you with some of my brilliant insights and color commentary.

Bill Watts: How's your head?

Jim Cornette: My head's fine. How are you feeling after The Spoiler and The Midnight Express did a little Texas Two Step all over you Watts?

Bill Watts: Keep laughing chuckles.

Jim Cornette: Oh you bet I will!

-The Islanders (Samu/Tonga Kid) vs El Mercenario/Paco Garcia-

The Islanders hit the ring and swarm the Mexican duo before they have time to react. The masked Mercenario eats a double thrust kick and sails out of the ring. Garcia is quickly powerslammed by Samu, and then Tonga Kid dives half way across the ring with a huge Flying Splash and that is all she wrote.

Winners: The Islanders

Jim Ross: The Islanders make absolute mince meat of their opponents and both of them look extremely happy.

Bill Watts: Of course they do, they already know what I am about to tell ole Mama's Boy over here.

Jim Cornette: What are you talking about?

Bill Watts: Halloween Star Wars. The Midnight Express is going to wrestle The Islanders again.

Jim Cornette: How many times do we have to beat these guys!

Bill Watts: No Count Out

Jim Cornette: Huh!

Bill Watts: No Disqualification

Jim Cornette: NOW WAIT A MINUTE!

Bill Watts: and Cornette....

Jim Cornette: ......

Bill Watts: You are gonna be hung fifteen feet above the ring in a shark cage!

Jim Cornette: WHAT!!!!!

Cornette leaps up from his chair and starts to throw a temper tantrum, but Watts quickly gets up from his chair and lunges at Cornette who quickly exits the area and heads to the dressing room ranting the whole way.

Jim Ross: You really do enjoy that way too much.

Bill Watts: That little runt deserves it.

Jim Ross: That's gonna be a heck of a match for the Tag Team Titles at Halloween Star Wars for sure.

Bill Watts: It's about time The Islanders get a fair crack at the belts.

Jim Ross: Well, since your blood pressure is already up Cowboy, here comes the Honky Tonk Man.

Bill Watts: Wonderful....

1 Fall, 15 Minute Time Limit

-"Honky Tonk Man" Wayne Ferris w/Sunshine vs Tugboat Taylor-

This match started with a ridiculous amount of stalling, and dancing, and kisses from Sunshine, and then more dancing. Finally Tugboat nailed Ferris with a huge clothesline to really get things started. Taylor continued to use power moves on Ferris, and then Sunshine distracted referee Fred Sinclair which allowed Ferris to kick Taylor hard in the groin. He then connected with a Swinging Neckbreaker, and then cradled Taylor with a handful of tights for the One, Two, Three.

Winner: "Honky Tonk Man" Wayne Ferris

Ferris grabbed his guitar from Sunshine and waited for Taylor to get back to his feet, and then clobbered him in the back with it to send him out of the ring. The instrumental version of "Jailhouse Rock" began to play and both Sunshine and "The Honky Tonk Man" began to dance in the ring much to the chagrin of the crowd.

After about 60 seconds of this, Sam Houston came running down the aisle and slid into the ring. He grabbed the mostly intact guitar and started acting like he was playing it while shaking his hips which got a big reaction from the crowd. Ferris of course thought the reaction was for him and started playing to the crowd a bit more. When he turned around, Houston brought the guitar crashing down on his head which elicited a huge roar from the crowd. The music stopped as Sam Houston walked to the dressing room to a heroes reaction. Sunshine was checking on her man as the show went to commercial.

-Commercial Break-

Bill Watts: ...if I have anything to say about it Houston is going to get a raise!

Jim Ross: Bill, we are back on the air.

Bill Watts: Huh, oh...yeah. He definitely shouldn't have done that.

Jim Ross: Fans, we are back. Honky Tonk Man has been helped to the back, but it appeared that nothing was hurt except for maybe his hair.

Bill Watts: A real shame Jim.

Jim Ross: So I think it's time for that big debut Cowboy. Would you like to fill us in?

Bill Watts: Sure would Jim. With the recent happenings around the AWA, this mans contract became available, and World Class immediately jumped on the opportunity and was lucky enough to get him signed on to become a part of our roster. Ladies and Gentleman, please welcome..... "Hacksaw" Butch Reed!!

-Butch Reed vs Bill Rathke-

Reed gets a great reaction from the Louisiana crowd as he makes his way to the ring. He attempts to shake hands with Rathke who swats his hand away, which only makes Butch smile. Reed gives Rathke a huge slam out of the lock up, then nearly decapitates him with a clothesline. Rathke gets sent into the ropes and eats a huge powerslam, and then Butch finishes him off with a Diving Shoulder Block for the victory.

Winner: "Hacksaw" Butch Reed

Marc Lowrance is standing by as Butch Reed exits the ring.

Marc Lowrance: "Hacksaw" Butch Reed! It is a pleasure to have you here in World Class Wrestling.

Butch Reed: Thank You Marc Lowrance. I got to tell you that it is a pleasure to be here in....

Before Reed can even get a full sentence out, all three members of The Movement come walking to ringside. Reed takes a step back and looks prepared to fight as Tiger Conway steps to the microphone.

Tiger Conway Jr: Brother! You mistake our intentions. We aren't here to fight you, quite the opposite in fact. We are here because it's about time that the people behind World Class Wrestling finally bring another black man into the fold. You see Butch, ever since we started this Movement, they looking at us like we're about to break into their houses and steal their daughters or something. Now that The Movement is growing and spreading all over the AWA, they like us even less. So when we heard that you was coming to World Class, brutha, we could hardly believe it.

Shaska Whatley: Now, I know in the past you and the Iceman had some issues. I know that when he left Georgia, you two wasn't on the best terms. But things are different now, and the past is the past. So Butch, listen to what the brother has to say.

Iceman King Parsons: I know I did you wrong. But we was down in the South East surrounded by rednecks and crackers worse than these people, and it got to me man. I couldn't take it no more. So Butch, I wanted to come out here, and I wanted to tell you man to man. I'm sorry my brother. I shouldn't have never done you like that.

Tiger Conway Jr: Butch, I know you've seen it with your own eyes. I know you've seen The Movement. I know you've seen it growing all over the AWA. We got the Bruthahood over in Continental doing the thing. We got the Godfather Ernie Ladd up in Rocky Mountain running that joint. Now we got Roosevelt Jones over in TNT denouncing his slave name and fighting the good fight. Even Bad News Allen who don't like a single sucka on this planet, saw the power of The Movement.

Iceman King Parsons: So what do you say Butch? You ready to stand wit' your brothers and help The Movement grow even stronger?

Butch Reed stares at Iceman King Parsons, then looks to Shaska Whatley, and to Tiger Conway Jr, before coming back to Parsons and nodding his head. All three members of The Movement get huge grins on their face. Butch leans forward to the microphone.

Butch Reed: Nah.

Reed shoulders past all three men as their looks of elation turn quickly to confusion. The cheers of the crowd serve only to anger The Movement, and they soon take off walking after Reed toward the locker room.

-Commercial Break-

Jim Ross: Welcome back to World Class Wrestling everyone. Just before the break we saw "Hacksaw" Butch Reed make his World Class debut, and we also saw The Movement attempt to recruit him.

Bill Watts: Butch Reed is a class act and he was having none of that crap.

Jim Ross: He certainly didn't seem receptive to their offer Cowboy.

Bill Watts: Parsons is lucky he didn't knock him on his butt.

Jim Ross: Alright folks, it is time for the first of our two main events. Right now we are going to see Kerry Von Erich take on Killer Khan in singles action.

1 Fall, 30 Minute Time Limit

-Kerry Von Erich vs Kamala w/Friday & Gary Hart-

This went all of about two minutes before Killer Khan showed up at ringside and got involved in the match causing the disqualification. From there, Kevin Von Erich raced onto the scene and was throwing punches at Khan and Kamala, and then before long Kabuki was in the ring. This of course brought Chris Adams to the ring, and all six men were brawling. Kerry managed to send Kamala out of the ring with a huge Discus Punch, and Adams took Kabuki out of the equation with a Super Kick.

Kevin hadn't fared so well and Khan had him locked in the Oriental Spike, but Adams blasted Khan with a Super Kick and sent him out of the ring as well. Adams extended a hand to help Kevin off the mat, but Kevin refused and got to his feet on his own. Kerry walked over and spoke to Adams, which seemed to irritate Kevin, but then the voice of Bill Watts who was standing up at the announce desk drew the attention of everyone....

Winner, by Disqualification: Kerry Von Erich

Bill Watts: Adams, Kerry, Kevin....if you all aren't on the same page, I suggest you get there, because at Star Wars, the three of you will be fighting the three of them in a six man tag team match.

-Commercial Break-

Jim Ross: Folks, thanks for sticking with us as we took that break and got everyone cleared out of ringside. It was quite the chaotic scene and I'm not sure I've ever seen Kevin Von Erich look that angry.

Bill Watts: I don't care if they want to be friends or not, they have a common enemy, and if they don't want to get run over by them, they are going to work together. At least for one night. If they want to beat each other senseless after that, I'll be happy to sign the match.

Jim Ross: Makes sense to me. Alright folks, it is time for our main event of the evening. Six men who will all compete against one another at Halloween Star Wars are going to fight it out here tonight. Central States Champion Barry Windham, and his challenge Cowboy Bob Orton will each be on a side. As will The Glamour Boys and The Highwaymen who have been fighting for months here in World Class Wrestling.

Bill Watts: Orton, Hickerson, and Duncum are a dangerous group of tough, tough men and with the added advantage of Paul Jones in their corner, they are going to be hard to beat. But Windham has proven himself time and time again to be as tough as they come, and these Glamour Boys seems dead set on proving that they can hang with anyone. It should be real interesting.

-Barry Windham/The Glamour Boys (Steve Doll/Steve Simpson) vs "Cowboy" Bob Orton/The Highwaymen (Phil Hickerson/Bobby Duncum) w/Paul Jones-

This one started hot when The Glamour Boys jumped The Highwaymen as soon as the bell rang and the brawl was on. All six men were fighting for several minutes and it looked like David Manning was close to tossing this one out, when finally it was just Windham and Duncum left in the ring and things began to resemble a wrestling match.

All six men tagged in and out of the match over the course of the thing and neither team was able to maintain a real advantage. In the end things broke down again, and Windham ended up brawling on the floor with Phil Hickerson. Steve Doll and Bobby Duncum ended up sailing over the top rope together when Doll hit a cross body block super close to the ropes, and the pinfall came when Orton was holding Simpson and Paul Jones jumped up onto the apron and went to hit Simpson with a punch, but caught Orton instead! Simpson blasted Jones with a punch that sent him to the floor, then turned around and caught the stunned Orton with a kick to the gut, and sunset flipped him for the One, Two, Three!

Winners: Barry Windham and The Glamour Boys

Jim Ross: Steve Simpson just pinned Bob Orton! Orton is stunned! Paul Jones is beside himself on the floor!

Bill Watts: You'd best believe that Orton is going to be extra fired up when he challenges Windham for that Central States Title at Star Wars.

Jim Ross: That's probably true, but this also has to give The Glamour Boys some extra confidence heading into the Bunkhouse Brawl against The Highwaymen.

Bill Watts: For sure Jim. These two young men have been proving their toughness night in and night out. It's going to be one hell of a fight.

Jim Ross: Alright folks, before we sign off World Class Wrestling this week, we would once again like to say Thank You to all of the networks that have been airing this show in syndication for so long. Without you this company wouldn't be where it is today.

Bill Watts: Well said Jim.

Jim Ross: Ladies and Gentleman, please join us this coming Thursday night at 8:05 PM Eastern Time on the Superstation WTBS where we will be airing the final four matches of our Halloween Star Wars event LIVE in prime time!

Bill Watts: I promise you Ladies and Gentleman, you do not want to miss this!!

Jim Ross: Then after a short break we will be back Live on all of our local affiliates on Friday night November the Eighth, and then across the United States every Sunday Night at 6:05 PM, again on the Superstation WTBS. Good Night Everyone!!

-Halloween Star Wars-

Thursday Night, October 31st
Kemper Arena
Kansas City, Missouri

Bruiser Brody vs Big John Studd vs David Schultz - Chamber of Horrors Cage Match

Nick Bockwinkel vs Brian Adias - World Class Heavyweight Title

The Midnight Express vs The Islanders - World Class Tag Team Titles - No DQ, No Count Out, Cornette suspended in a Shark Cage!

Barry Windham vs Bob Orton - Central States Title

Honky Tonk Man vs Sam Houston - Southwestern Title

Kerry Von Erich/Kevin Von Erich/Chris Adams vs Killer Khan/Kamala/The Great Kabuki

The Glamour Boys vs The Highwaymen - Bunkhouse Brawl

Butch Reed vs "Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin

Iceman King Parsons vs Tugboat Taylor

-More to Be Announced

Great show to hype up Halloween Star Wars!  I thought the interviews were priceless.  The Bockwinkel interview was great as every word sounded just like him.  Loved his answer to why he had given Hart a briefcase full of money.  Also laughed out loud at Watts calling Hart a used car salesman. The Corny segment was perfect.  Again, I could hear him saying each word!

Great details in the ending of the HTM which drew a clear picture of what was happening.  From the lowblow to the neckbreaker to grab of the tights.  

World Class is a wild place right now and your babyfaces are so feed up, they are acting like heels.  Sam Houston coming from behind with a guitar shot and the Glamour Boys jumping the Highway Men before the match wouldn't work in all places like the WWF for example but in World Class it adds an element of fun.  Nice job.

The Reed/Movement segment was great.  I love how you gave examples to how it is spreading throughout the entire AWA.  I wonder how long Reed can go it alone or will he eventual join.  This angle gives you a lot of options and go on and on!  Nice job getting Reed to Texas.

I would have like one more segment on Brody/Schultz and Studd going into Halloween as this is match I think I am most looking forward to.  I know they have been suspended but maybe a video segment of the chaos they have caused could sell just a couple more tickets in Kemper Arena.

AWESOME, AWESOME SHOW!

The go home show puts the final touches on Halloween Star Wars.

Bock starts the show with a good showcase. Bock brings up good points as Adias might not be ready for the title match. LOL, liked Bock's explanation of Hart's pay off.

Islanders are more than ready for their title match with the Midnight Express. Watts gives then great news as their match is NO DQ and NO CO. More bad news for Cornette as he will be above the ring in a cage!

HTM beats Taylor and is having a lot of fun until Houston runs in and puts an end to it.

Always been a huge Butch Reed fan and seeing him pop up in WCCW makes me happy. The Movement wants Reed to join the cause but Reed simply says No and pushes his way past. I'm sure there's more to come.

Kerry and Kamala turns into a wild brawl! Watts has a solution and says Adams will team with the Von Erich's against Hart's monsters. What a match that will be!

Big main event and what a shocker as Simpson gets the pin on Orton! Not a good night for Paul Jones.

Cant wait for Star Wars! A lot of questions will be answered.  

-10-26-84 from The Barton Coliseum in Little Rock, AR-

1) The Youngbloods (Jay Youngblood/Mark Youngblood) beat Snake Brown/The Bounty Hunter in 6:48 when Mark pinned Brown

2) Iceman King Parsons over Jumpin' Joe Savoldi in 8:24 w/Butt Bump

3) Big John Studd defeated Tugboat Taylor in 8:18 w/Bear Hug

4) Brian Adias over "Outlaw" Joel Deaton in 9:52 w/Russian Leg Sweep

5) Barry Windham/Sam Houston beat Bob Orton/"Honky Tonk Man" Wayne Ferris w/Sunshine & Paul Jones by Disqualification in 14:52

6) The Islanders (Samu/Tonga Kid)/The Glamour Boys (Steve Doll/Steve Simpson) defeated The Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton/Dennis Condrey)/The Highwaymen (Phil Hickerson/Bobby Duncum) w/Jim Cornette & Paul Jones in 35:11 when Tonga Kid pinned Bobby Eaton

7) Bruiser Brody and Kamala w/Friday & Gary Hart fought to a Double Count Out in 10:17

8) Kerry Von Erich/Kevin Von Erich over Killer Khan/The Great Kabuki w/Gary Hart in 17:49 when Kerry pinned Khan

9) Nick Bockwinkel defeated "Dr. D" David Schultz by Disqualification in 13:27 when Big John Studd and Bruiser Brody interfered

-10-27-84 from The American Legion Arena in Jonesboro, AR-

1) The Youngbloods (Jay Youngblood/Mark Youngblood) beat Snake Brown/The Bounty Hunter in 6:48 when Mark pinned Brown

5) Barry Windham/Sam Houston beat Bob Orton/"Honky Tonk Man" Wayne Ferris w/Sunshine & Paul Jones by Disqualification in 14:52

6) The Islanders (Samu/Tonga Kid)/The Glamour Boys (Steve Doll/Steve Simpson) defeated The Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton/Dennis Condrey)/The Highwaymen (Phil Hickerson/Bobby Duncum) w/Jim Cornette & Paul Jones in 35:11 when Tonga Kid pinned Bobby Eaton

7) Bruiser Brody and Kamala w/Friday & Gary Hart fought to a Double Count Out in 10:17

8) Kerry Von Erich/Kevin Von Erich over Killer Khan/The Great Kabuki w/Gary Hart in 17:49 when Kerry pinned Khan

9) Nick Bockwinkel defeated "Dr. D" David Schultz by Disqualification in 13:27 when Big John Studd and Bruiser Brody interfered

-10-28-84 from The Kiel Auditorium in St. Louis, MO-

-10-29-84- from The Shrine Mosque in Springfield, MO-

-10-30-84 from The Memorial Hall in Joplin, MO-

5) Barry Windham/Sam Houston beat Bob Orton/"Honky Tonk Man" Wayne Ferris w/Sunshine & Paul Jones in 14:52 when Houston pinned Orton (Orton appeared to be injured after the match and had to be helped to the back)

I'm loving Bockwinkel here in World Class....perfect heel explanation for the money case being exchanged.....as mentioned I can hear every word of his promos in his voice just like you Cornette and Watts promos.

Good stuff with the Movement looking to recruit Butch Reed, what a get he would be for their "cause"

I'm enjoying the Adams/Von Erichs storyline....and have no idea whether or not they can trust Adams...keeping a close eye on this one!

Halloween Star Wars is another huge can't miss card....can't wait to see what happens in the Brody/Studd/Schultz match.

Great loop of house shows....with the Von Erichs getting a significant win over Kabuki and Khan.  Huge 8 man tag with the Samoans scoring a pinfall over the champs....they could have the champ's number the way Watts has stacked the deck but never underestimate Cornette's resourcefulness!

-Thursday October 31st-

-Kemper Arena-
-Kansas City, MO-
-Halloween Star Wars-

Nearly 17,000 fans have packed the Kemper Arena in Kansas City, Missouri as AWA World Class Wrestling is set to present Halloween Star Wars! Television cameras are rolling, Jim Ross and Bill Watts are on commentary, Marc Lowrance is ready, let's head to the ring!

1) Ken Patera vs "Outlaw" Joel Deaton

The fans in the Kemper Arena were treated to the World Class debut of former Olympian and World Strongest Man, Ken Patera. Patera appears to have totally distanced himself from the sheik persona he was using when teaming with Blackwell, and is making a go as a babyface having shaved his beard and wearing a singlet with the Olympic Rings emblazoned on them.

Deaton charged across the ring in an attempt to Pearl Harbor Patera as he was removing his ring jacket, but Patera was able to move out of the way and leveled "The Outlaw" with a big clothesline. Patera tore off his jacket and then planted Deaton in the center of the ring with a huge bodyslam, and dropped an elbow on him. Patera waited for Deaton to get slowly to his feet and then clamped the Full Nelson on and began to spin him which drew a quick verbal submission.

Winner: Ken Patera

2) Iceman King Parsons vs Tugboat Taylor

With his partners in The Movement elsewhere in the AWA this evening, Iceman King Parsons headed to the ring alone to go one on one with the big man, Tugboat Taylor. Taylor used his size to push the Iceman around much to the delight of the crowd in the opening minutes of the match, but when Parson hauled off and slapped Taylor across the face, the enraged Tugboat appeared to be taken off his game and Iceman capitalized.

As the enraged Tugboat came after him, Parsons backed into the ropes forcing the referee between them, and Parsons went for the eyes. After that he stayed on Taylor and wore him down with fast paced offense until he was able to put him away with the Butt Bump.

Winner: Iceman King Parsons

3) "Honky Tonk Man" Wayne Ferris w/Sunshine vs Sam Houston - AWA Southwestern Title

This one started with Houston trying to get at Ferris, while the Honky Tonk Man would continually duck under the rope, hide behind the referee, or simply leave the ring. Finally after a solid two minutes of stalling, Houston's temper got the best of him and as he was physically moving the referee out of the way, Ferris raked his eyes and then went to work.

Ferris controlled the opening ten minutes of the match with a pace that would make a turtle say slow down. Grounded headlocks, chinlocks, front facelocks, and hammerlocks. Each time Houston would begin to mount any kind of a comeback, Ferris would cut it off with a rake of the face, a thumb to the throat or whatever else he could come up with. The slow pace, Sunshine's clapping and dancing, and the Honky Tonk Man calling out "Who is the Greatest of All Time" at fairly frequent intervals had the crowd seething.

When Houston finally turned the tide and back suplexed Ferris out of yet another headlock, the Kemper Arena erupted! Houston got to his feet fired up and when Ferris stood up and Houston began unloading rights and lefts on him, the place was rocking! A Houston dropkick sent Ferris reeling into the ropes, and the follow up clothesline sent the Honky Tonk Man flying over the top rope and to the floor.

Houston looked ready to follow Ferris to the floor, but referee James Beard was preventing him from leaving the ring. Sunshine was quickly over to help her man to his feet, and Ferris looked absolutely stunned when he got up off the floor. He took one look at Houston pacing in the ring, and waved his hands toward the ring signalling he was done and began walking up the aisle.

Houston was having none of that and quickly got pas the referee, jumped out of the ring and chased Ferris up the aisle. Houston grabbed two big handfuls of the Honky Tonk Man's pompadour and began dragging him back to the ring much to the delight of the crowd. Houston rolled Ferris back into the ring, and then quickly scaled the turnbuckle. Houston came off with a flying dropkick that put Honky Tonk Man down and scored a One, Two, Thr... Kick Out!

Houston pulled Ferris to his feet again, but Ferris shoved Houston away causing Sam to bump into Referee Beard. Sunshine quickly jumped up onto the apron, while The Honky Tonk Man grabbed Sam Houston from behind and hooked his arms, steering him in the direction of his valet. Sunshine reared her arm back, and just as she was bringing it forward, Houston pulled out of the grip of the Honky Tonk Man, causing the powder that Sunshine just threw to go directly into the eyes of Wayne Ferris!!

As Honky Tonk Man was clawing at his eyes, Sam Houston wasted no time in bouncing off the ropes, and delivering a huge Bulldog onto Ferris, then covered him for the One, Two, Three!!

Winner, and NEW AWA SOUTHWESTERN CHAMPION: Sam Houston!!!

As Sam Houston is celebrating with the title, Sunshine attempts to console the Honky Tonk Man who shoves her onto her butt, and walks to the dressing room without her.

4) Butch Reed vs "Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin w/Precious

The opening minutes of this one were all Butch Reed showing off his crazy power as Garvin was tossed all over the ring like a super ball. Eventually "Gorgeous" Jimmy regrouped on the outside and then managed to slow the pace down enough that he was able to take control and attempt to wear down Reed. It was tough going for Garvin though as Reed seemed prepared to match everything he threw at him, and was just able to power out of everything else.

The end finally came when Reed caught Garvin in a huge gorilla press slam, walked him around the ring and then planted him hard. Reed scaled the turnbuckle, and when Garvin got slowly back to his feet, Reed plowed him with a Diving Shoulder Block, and covered him for the One, Two, Three.

Winner: Butch Reed

Marc Lowrance made an announcement that "Cowboy" Bob Orton was injured the previous night in Joplin, Missouri and could not compete. Central States Champion Barry Windham came to the ring and said he wasn't taking a forfeit and would defend the title against anyone in the back.

5) Barry Windham vs The Spoiler - AWA Central States Title

After making an appearance a few weeks back to interfere in the Midnight Express/Islanders match, The Spoiler's second appearance in World Class proves to be a lucrative one as the injury to Bob Orton allowed him to compete for a title in his first in ring appearance. He intended to make the most of it as he attacked Windham during the ring introductions!

The Spoiler was relentless, hammering Windham with huge blows to the black, punches to the head, and nearly taking his head off with a huge boot. The masked man cover the champion, but Referee Ron West only counted Two. Spoiler grabbed Windham and took him over with a suplex, then dropped a big elbow on him for another two. After that, Spoiler snatched a headlock and started to play the wear down game.

The Spoiler stayed in control for several minutes, but then Windham seemed to come alive and stared firing elbows into the midsection of his masked opponent until he got out of a headlock. Barry then began firing punches at The Spoiler until he was staggered. Windham whipped The Spoiler into the ropes, and nailed him with a big back body drop. Barry wasted no time and yanked him to his feet and shot him into the ropes again, Windham hit the opposite ropes, and took him down with a huge Lariat! Windham covered and Ron West counted One, Two, Thr... KICK OUT!

Windham pulled The Spoiler to his feet and whipped him into the turnbuckle. Barry followed him in and lifted Spoiler onto the buckles, presumably for the Superplex. Spoiler however reached out and raked the eyes of Windham. Spoiler then grabbed the arm of Windham, stood up and walked across the top rope and came crashing down with a huge elbow smash to his head. Windham hit the mat, and Spoiler straddled him and locked in The Claw. Windham's shoulders were on the mat, and Referee West counted One, Two, Three!

Winner, and NEW AWA CENTRAL STATES CHAMPION: The Spoiler!!!

6) The Glamour Boys (Steve Simpson/Steve Doll) vs The Highwaymen  (Phil Hickerson/Bobby Duncum) w/Paul Jones - Bunkhouse Brawl

As soon as the bell rang all four men hit the center of the ring and started throwing fists. This feud has certainly toughened up The Glamour Boys, but when it comes to the punching department they are still no match for Duncum and Hickerson. Once The Highwaymen had the upper hand, they tossed Steve Simpson to the floor to buy themselves a few moments to work on Doll alone. Hickerson got Doll onto his knees and Duncum who was wearing a pair of regular cowboy boots for the occasion kicked Doll several times in the face.

By the time Simpson was able to get back in the ring, Doll was bleeding profusely. This allowed Duncum and Hickerson to turn their attention to Simpson who fought valiantly, actually managing to keep both of them at bay for a moment with a flurry of kicks and punches, but the two bigger men soon had him pinned in the corner and just overwhelmed him. In moments Simpson was down on the mat having the proverbial mudhole stomped into him by both of The Highwaymen. However, both Duncum and Hickerson were having so much fun stomping Simpson, that neither of them saw the blood covered Doll rise to his feet and peel off his t-shirt. When he wrapped it around the neck of Hickerson and drug him out of the corner, the complexion of the match began to change.

The mugging being carried out by The Highwaymen came to a halt as a crazed Doll began to choke the life out of Hickerson, and when Duncum tried to stop it, Steve Simpson latched onto his boot and wouldn't let him go. The match became two separate fights at that point, and while sometimes the people each person was fighting changed, and who was winning changed, for the next seven or eight minutes, this was just four guys beating the hell out of each other.

All four guys were bleeding, shirts were torn, Bobby Duncum was missing a boot, and Paul Jones had been knocked on his ass before this one finally came to an end. Phil Hickerson took a double dropkick from The Glamour Boys that sent him sailing out of the ring where he landed hard on the concrete floor. They then turned their attention to Bobby Duncum who was just getting up off the mat. They used a double Irish Whip to send him into the ropes, and on the rebound hit him with a double back body drop. Both Doll and Simpson headed for a turnbuckle and waited for Duncum to get to his feet. Once he did, Doll leapt off and caught him with a huge Missile Dropkick, the first half of their Glitz and Glamour finisher.

However, before Steve Simpson could connect with his Flying Splash, Phil Hickerson shoved him off the turnbuckle, and Simpson landed groin first on the top rope before crashing to the ring apron and then the floor. Hickerson ducked into the ring and was met by Doll who started blasting him with right hands until Hickerson was slumped against the turnbuckle. Doll whipped Hickerson across the ring into the opposite corner and then went to follow him in, but was cut off by a clothesline from Bobby Duncum who Doll had failed to notice getting to his feet! Duncum quickly scooped Doll up and positioned him for a piledriver. Hickerson who was already in the corner mounted the second rope, and together The Highwaymen drilled Doll into the mat with a Spike Piledriver. Duncum covered Doll for the One, Two, Three.

Winner: The Highwaymen

-Thursday Night October 31st-

-From the Kemper Arena in Kansas City, MO-

-AIRING LIVE ON-

aYc1YBu.jpg

zmV42h1.jpg

A sweeping camera shot of the nearly 17,000 fans who have packed the Kemper Arena opens the show, and then we are taken to the commentary desk where Jim Ross is dressed in his finest suit and tie, and Bill Watts is wearing a dress shirt with an open suit jacket and a cowboy hat!

Jim Ross: Good Evening Ladies and Gentleman! My name is Jim Ross and I am joined as always by "Cowboy" Bill Watts and we are so excited to be here on the Superstation WTBS to bring to you AWA World Class Wrestling's Halloween Star Wars!

Bill Watts: That's right Jim! Beginning next Sunday night at 6:05, World Class Wrestling will be on the Superstation each and every week, but tonight we are going to bring you four huge matches that will have massive implications here in World Class.

Jim Ross: Not only will you see the World Class Heavyweight and Tag Team Titles defended here this evening. You will see a six man tag team match involving the Von Erichs, and in our main event you will three of the biggest, baddest men in all of professional wrestling step foot inside of what is being called a Chamber of Horrors with everything on the line!

Bill Watts: Jim, how about you and I stop flapping our gums, and let's get to the action!

Jim Ross: Sounds like a plan Cowboy, let's go to Marc Lowrance for the particulars!

1 Fall, 45 Minute Time Limit

-The Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton/Dennis Condrey) w/Jim Cornette vs The Islanders (Samu/Tonga Kid) - No Disqualification - No Count Out - Jim Cornette Suspended Above the Ring in a Shark Cage - AWA World Class Tag Team Titles

Cornette was putting up quite the fuss about being locked in the cage, and didn't get in until the referee showed him a signed document from Bob Geigel that allowed him to strip the Midnight Express of the Tag Team Titles if he didn't comply. Reluctantly Cornette entered the cage and the door was latched and chained shut, but not before they took the tennis racket and had it removed from ringside. As the hoist began pulling him into the air his cries of "Oh Bobby", "Oh Dennis", and "Oh God" had the Kemper Arena laughing.

When the bell rang, Eaton and Condrey attempted to get the drop on Samu and The Tonga Kid but The Islanders were ready and waiting for them, and soon The Midnight Express found themselves on the receiving end of some brutal sounding chops that sent both men scurrying back out of the ring to the floor. They regrouped near the now dangling shark cage, but Cornette was sitting in the bottom of it letting out high pitched AHHH's every time it moved, so he had no advice to offer them.

Things finally got under way when Condrey hesitantly entered the ring with Samu. Dennis attempted to use his technical advantage, but the much larger Samoan wasn't having any of it, shooting Conway into the ropes on a headlock attempt and sending him crashing to the canvas with a shoulderblock. Condrey tagged in Eaton, who looked like he wasn't sure where to start, but opted for the collar and elbow tie up. Samu backed Eaton into the corner, and when he went for another chop, Bobby ducked under it and popped Samu in the mouth with a big left hand. Samu shrugged it off and stuck his tongue out at Eaton, who smiled back and then hauled ass across the ring to tag to Dennis back in.

Dennis Condrey finally gained the upper hand on Samu when he remembered the rules of the match and raked the big Samoan's eyes, then knee'd him in the.... lower abdominal area! After that The Midnight Express did everything they could to keep Samu in their corner and worked him over something fierce. They made frequent tags, and never allowed the bigger man a moment to breathe. After a solid five minutes of this beating, it looked like Samu was finished, but then Condrey made a big mistake and attempted a headbutt.

Dennis immediately realized that you don't headbutt an Islander as he came away from the move dazed, and it seemed to energize Samu a bit. Samu lashed out and nailed Condrey with another headbutt that sent him crashing to the mat. Samu also collapsed to the mat, and the race was on to see who could make the tag. Both men began crawling toward their respective corners, and it was Condrey who was able to tag Eaton in first. But Bobby was just seconds too late, as Samu was able to make contact with the outstretched hand of The Tonga Kid and the Kemper Arena went crazy!!

Tonga Kid hit the ring and laid into Eaton with chop after chop, before putting him down with a huge thrust kick. Dennis Condrey came back into the ring and he got blasted with a huge kick to the gut, and got shot into the ropes and met with a huge kick on the rebound. Cornette was finally on his feet inside the cage and he could be heard screaming "BOBBY, BOBBY" as his men were being destroyed by the fired up Tonga Kid. Another huge thrust kick sent Eaton out of the ring, and then Tonga caught Dennis with a huge bodyslam and went to the top rope.

Two things happened simultaneously at this point. Most fans in the arena were paying attention to Tonga Kid soaring off the top rope and nailing Dennis Condrey with a picture perfect Flying Splash. Some people, especially Bill Watts were paying attention to something else....

Bill Watts: CORNETTE JUST DROPPED SOMETHING OUT OF THAT CAGE TO EATON!!

Jim Ross: He's got his belt off and it looks like the buckle is missing!!

Samu came around the outside of the ring and grabbed Bobby Eaton who was the legal man to throw him back in the ring. Eaton fired a punch into the gut of Samu that doubled him over, and then ran him head first into the ring post. Eaton then climbed back onto the apron, only to be met by The Tonga Kid who grabbed two handfuls of Bobby Eaton's hair and yanked him over the top rope so hard he did a front flip and landed on his back! Tonga reached down and grabbed Eaton by the hair and yanked him to his feet. He stepped back and prepared to deliver a Thrust Kick to Eaton, but found his ankle being grabbed by Dennis Condrey!!

Tonga Kid brought his foot crashing down on the head of Dennis Condrey to get him to let go, and that was all the time that Bobby Eaton needed to lunge forward and deliver a huge left handed, brass knuckled punch to the face of The Tonga Kid that laid him out unconscious on the canvas. Eaton fell on top of him, and Referee Alfred Neely had no choice but to count the One, Two, Three.

Winners, and Still AWA World Class Tag Team Champions: The Midnight Express

Bill Watts: I can't believe this...

-Commercial Break-

Jim Ross: Folks, if you are just joining us The Midnight Express have retained the World Class Tag Team Titles after Beautiful Bobby Eaton was tossed a pair of brass knuckles that were apparently attached to the belt of Jim Cornette and he used them to lay out The Tonga Kid.

Bill Watts: Time and time again that sissy Cornette and his Midnight Express have held onto those tag team titles because of crap like this. I know tonight was no disqualification, but we had Cornette in that cage so he couldn't effect the finish. The Islanders are going to get a fair shot at those belts if it's the last thing I do!

Jim Ross: You heard him folks! Up next we have a six man tag team match that pits the Gary Hart led trio of The Great Kabuki, Killer Khan, and Kamala against Kevin and Kerry Von Erich, and Chris Adams. This all began when Kevin Von Erich accused Gary Hart and World Class Champion Nick Bockwinkel of being in cahoots. While there turned out to be a still undetermined level of truth to that, it led to Hart having his men attack Kevin. Kerry got involved to save his brother, and then from seemingly out of nowhere, Chris Adams showed up and came to the aid of the Von Erichs.

Bill Watts: Normally, that would sound like a good thing. But just weeks prior to that happening in one of our AWA sister companies Rocky Mountain Pro, Chris Adams had been tormenting the youngest Von Erich brother Mike to the point that Kevin made an unexpected and unannounced appearance there and laid a whipping on Adams he ain't never gonna forget. Now he shows up here in World Class claiming he wants forgiveness, claiming he wants to mend fences, and while Kerry seems to think that's the right thing to do, Kevin isn't forgiving so easily.

Jim Ross: But tonight, that old saying the enemy of my enemy is my friend had better hold true, or the monstrous trio of Kabuki, Kamala, and Khan may run over all three of them.

Bill Watts: Well said Jim.

-Kerry Von Erich/Kevin Von Erich/Chris Adams vs Killer Khan/The Great Kabuki/Kamala w/Friday & Gary Hart-

The tension between Kevin Von Erich and Chris Adams was evident as soon as they got to the ring. For his part, Kerry seemed to trust Adams, trying to get Kevin to calm down, but Kevin was having none of it, telling Adams to get out of the ring and starting the match himself.

Kevin started off with The Great Kabuki and let his anger do the talking, just pummeling Kabuki all over the ring until he tagged out to Kahn. Kahn didn't do a whole lot better as Kevin got the best of him with rights and lefts and then sent him into the ropes and took him down with a huge dropkick. Kahn tagged out to Kamala, and that is when things changed. Kevin tried the same tactics with the Ugandan Giant, but Kamala absorbed the blows and started firing back on Kevin. Soon Von Erich was in trouble.

Kamala, Kabuki, and Khan worked pretty well together so long as Friday was there to give instructions to Kamala, and they made frequent tags and kept Kevin on there half of the ring. They took turns pounding on Von Erich, and after several minutes, Kevin was in dire need of a tag, and Kabuki was grinding a nerve hold on him. The roar of the crowd seemed to get the adrenaline pumping and Von Erich was able to get to his feet and he began to fire elbows into the gut of The Great Kabuki. It was enough to get Kabuki to let go of the hold, and Kevin fired one more elbow into the head of the man from Japan and then went for his corner.

Killer Khan tried to cut Kevin off, but Von Erich was able to leap the last few feet and tagged the outstretched hand of his brother! Kerry hit the ring and blasted Khan with a right hand, he nailed Kabuki with a big punch. Another for Khan set him sailing to the floor, then like before it was Kamala who slowed the momentum when he blasted Kerry with a huge overhand chop to the skull. This brought Adams into the ring, who nailed The Ugandan Giant with one of his patented Superkicks which knocked Kamala down and sent him rolling out of the ring.

Referee David Manning herded Adams out of the ring, as Kabuki went to work on Kerry. It was much the same as Kabuki, Kamala, and Khan kept Von Erich in their corner and made frequent tags, pounded him down, and cheated every time he started to show signs of life. Finally, Kerry caught a break when Friday was instructing Kamala to hold Von Erich so that Killer Khan could hit him, and Kerry managed to duck. Khan hit Kamala, which caused Kamala to hit Khan, which caused the whole heel corner to erupt in chaos. Kerry managed to crawl away from all of it and by the time they got things solved, Kerry tagged in Chris Adams!

Adams hit the ring and found himself fighting both Kamala and Killer Khan. He was blasting away at both men, and was doing a good job holding his own for a moment, but as happens when you are fighting two on one, the odds began to get the best of him. Kevin Von Erich was standing in the corner watching Adams fight two on one, and the look on his face was conflicted. He was pacing back and forth on the apron, and the fans were chanting "Kevin, Kevin, Kevin." Finally Kevin exploded into action, leaping over the top rope and into the ring. The Kemper Arena exploded as he began throwing punches alongside Chris Adams!!

Chris Adams and Kevin Von Erich soon had the upper hand and both Kamala and Killer Khan were reeling. Almost simultaneously, Kevin dropkicked Killer Khan, while Adams blasted Kamala with a Superkick. Both men got to their feet, and then Chris Adams shoved Kevin Von Erich hard to the canvas!

Jim Ross: CHRIS ADAMS TAKES A FACE FULL OF MIST FROM THE GREAT KABUKI!!

Kevin Von Erich looks angry as he gets up off the mat. The first thing he sees is his brother Kerry tackle The Great Kabuki and the two of them go between the ropes and to the floor. He then looks over and sees Chris Adams clutching his green face. Realization dawns on Kevin just as he is nailed from behind by Killer Khan. Khan shoves Kevin out of the ring, and picks up Chris Adams by the hair. The blinded Adams shoves Khan away in a panic, and fires off another Superkick that lays him out. Kevin quickly hops back up onto the apron and is yelling "Chris Over Here!!" Adams follows his voice, and makes the tag to Kevin Von Erich. Kevin quickly helps Chris Adams out of the ring, and then enters the ring himself. First he runs over to where Kamala has climbed back onto the ring apron and nails him with a huge dropkick that sends The Ugandan Giant crashing back to the floor near where Kerry is still fighting with Kabuki. Kevin then turns to where Killer Khan has started to get up. Kevin catches him on his knees, and locks on The Iron Claw! Khan struggles and tries to pull the hand of Kevin Von Erich away, but tonight it isn't happening. Soon blood begins to flow from the face of Killer Khan and his arms goes limp. Referee David Manning then calls for the bell.

Winners: Kerry Von Erich/Kevin Von Erich/Chris Adams

Jim Ross: My goodness what a fight Cowboy!!

Bill Watts: It certainly was Jim. I have to admit that I doubted Chris Adams when he showed up here a few weeks back, but he went a long way toward erasing any doubt here tonight.

Jim Ross: He fought his butt off, and when Kabuki tried to blind Kevin Von Erich with that mist, he took the bullet.

Bill Watts: I don't know if all of the bad blood between them will ever be gone, but you have to think that will show Kevin he at least wants to try and mend fences.

Jim Ross: Speaking of bad blood Bill. Gary Hart just took The Great Kabuki and left ringside without the rest of that team. Friday is gathering up Kamala, and Killer Khan is just now coming too in the middle of the ring.

Bill Watts: Never been much honor among thieves Jim.

Jim Ross: I suppose that's true. Alright folks, let's take a break, and we'll be back with more action!

-Commercial Break-

Jim Ross: Welcome back to World Class Wrestling's Halloween Star Wars on the Superstation WTBS! It's now time for the World Class Heavyweight Champion Nick Bockwinkel to defend that title.

Bill Watts: Since winning the championship back on the Fourth of July, Nick Bockwinkel has had a death grip on that title and has done anything he had to do to make sure he retained it. He has cheated both The Junkyard Dog and Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat out of their World Class contracts, and with the help of his associate Big John Studd has made the lives of many a man miserable.

Jim Ross: His opponent will be Brian Adias, who some consider an unlikely challenger for the title. Adias has most recently been embroiled in a bitter feud with The Movement, constantly battling Iceman King Parsons and the AWA World Tag Team Champions Tiger Conway Jr and Shaska Whatley. A few weeks back he defeated Parsons in a brutal Lumberjack Strap match to earn this opportunity to compete for the World Class Title.

Bill Watts: Adias is a young, talented athlete who has all the potential in the world. Tonight he is going to have to wrestle the match of his career if he wants to become the World Class Heavyweight Champion.

Jim Ross: On the other hand Nick Bockwinkel has relied on John Studd, and all kinds of trickery to remain champion. Tonight he is going to have to go it alone as Studd has the Chamber of Horrors to deal with. Taking nothing away from Bockwinkel, he is one of the best technical wrestlers on the planet, but lately he seems content to coast, and tonight a hungry Brian Adias may exploit that.

Bill Watts: Let's head to the ring and see how this one plays out Jim.

1 Fall, 60 Minute Time Limit

-Nick Bockwinkel vs Brian Adias - AWA World Class Heavyweight Title

Bockwinkel extended the hand to Adias before the match, and after a moments hesitation he shook it. This one started with a collar and elbow and neither was able to immediately gain a clear advantage as they ended up in the ropes and were separated by Referee James Beard. They locked up again and this time Adias came up with the hammer lock. Bockwinkel transitioned into a headlock and took Adias over, but Adias countered with a head scissors, which Bockwinkel was able to roll out of. Both men stared at one another, and then went back into the lock up.

The opening seven or eight minutes of the match was this kind of back and forth technical showdown with each man getting the best of a few exchanges, but more often than not coming up in a stalemate. Finally just before the ten minute mark, Adias shot Nick into the ropes and took him over with a big back body drop, and then caught him with a nice dropkick when the champion got back to his feet. Bockwinkel quickly rolled out of the ring, but Adias followed him out and banged his head off the apron and tossed him back into the ring.

Adias wasted no time heading back into the ring and pulled Bockwinkel to his feet. Adias nailed Nick with a bodyslam, then took him over with a suplex. Adias went for a cover but only got a count of two. Adias didn't let that deter him, and got Bockwinkel back up and whipped him into the turnbuckles. Adias charged in with a clothesline that rocked the champion, then Adias mounted the buckles and began to rain down punches into the head of the champion as the crowd counted along! When Adias got to nine he paused to soak in the cheers of the crowd, but that was all a veteran like Bockwinkel needed, and he grabbed Adias, took two steps out of the corner and planted him with a reverse atomic drop!

Both men were slow to get up, but it was Bockwinkel who was first to his feet. He pulled Adias up by the hair, and was surprised when Adias started throwing punches! Adias rocked him with a left and a right, but his momentum was cut short when Bockwinkel kicked him hard in the knee. Nick quickly nailed the stunned Adias with a hard forearm shot to the face, then delivered another hard kick to the back of the leg of Adias. Bockwinkel reached down and grabbed the leg of Adias with his left arm and drove the point of his right elbow into the meat of his thigh. Bockwinkel then used his other leg to trip Adias to the mat, and dropped a knee onto the leg he was still holding.

Bockwinkel backed away from the clearly hurting Adias and waited for him to get up. As soon as he did, Bockwinkel chop blocked the injured leg from behind and sent Adias back to the mat writhing in pain. Referee James Beard scolded Bockwinkel for the move and then moved in to see if Brian Adias could continue. Bockwinkel leaned against the buckle with a smile on his face, but that turned to a look of anger when he saw Adias pulling himself off the mat using the ropes. Beard announced that Adias would continue, and Bockwinkel moved in for the kill. Bockwinkel went to grab Adias and was shocked when Adias grabbed him and rolled him up for a small package!! James Beard counted ONE, TWO, THRE..KICK OUT!!!

Bockwinkel was furious when he got to his feet and lashed out with another kick to the leg as Adias was getting up that sent him crashing back to the mat. Bockwinkel grabbed the injured leg and jerked it, before spinning around and cinching on the Figure Four Leglock. Adias was in agony as he began to try and drag himself toward the ropes, but Bockwinkel propped himself up on his elbows to add pressure to the hold, and Adias had no choice but to submit.

Winner, and Still AWA World Class Heavyweight Champion: Nick Bockwinkel

-Commercial Break-

Bill Watts: A masterful performance by the champion Nick Bockwinkel this evening Jim.

Jim Ross: Brian Adias put up one heck of a fight, but once Bockwinkel was able to take out the leg, it was only a matter of time. If a man can't walk, he can't fight.

Bill Watts: Bockwinkel is a long time veteran of this sport, and he knows every trick in the book to win a match. Adias absolutely gave it his all tonight, and will certainly come away a better professional wrestler for it.

Jim Ross: Well Cowboy, that only leaves one match to go, and it is a big one. The Chamber of Horrors has been hanging ominously above the ring all night, would you like to explain to the viewers what is about to happen?

Bill Watts: Bruiser Brody, Big John Studd, and "Dr. D" David Schultz have been creating chaos all over World Class Wrestling for some time now. The time has come for that to end, and the Chamber of Horrors is how we are going to do it. As you can see as this cage is being lowered over the ring, instead of sitting on the apron, it is going to sit on the floor with enough room for these guys to fight on the outside of the ring. It also has a roof so they can't climb out of it. Each of these guys is going to be allowed to bring a weapon into the ring, and once all three of them are in there, we are going to padlock the door shut and just let them beat the hell out of each other for ten minutes!

Jim Ross: So how do they win?

Bill Watts: After ten minutes we are gonna unlock the door. The first guy to escape the Chamber, gets a title shot at any belt he wants. The next guy to get out lives to fight another day, and the guy who is left inside that cage is fired!

Jim Ross: Ladies and Gentleman, the stakes don't get any higher than that! If you have young children in the room, you may want to put them to bed. This won't be for the feint of heart. Let's get ready for the Chamber of Horrors!!

No Time Limit, Will Continue Until Two Men Have Escaped

-Big John Studd vs Bruiser Brody vs "Dr. D" David Schultz - Chamber of Horrors Cage Match

"Dr. D" was first out and came with a steel chair, which was no surprise since it's been his weapon of choice lately. He immediately went inside of the cage and to the center of the ring where he began pacing back and forth like a caged animal.

Big John Studd came second and actually didn't have any weapon, but when he saw Schultz pacing inside the cage with the chair, he went to one of the ringside security officers and took his nightstick. Studd locked eyes with Schultz who was begging him to get in the cage, but Big John waited at the door.

Bruiser Brody came last and of course had his trusty chain. He charged down the ramp and crashed into Big John Studd from behind, sending Studd stumbling into the cage and into the apron of the ring. Brody entered the cage behind him, and Referee David Manning closed the door and padlocked it shut.

Jim Ross: The Chamber of Horrors has begun!

Studd didn't have a moment to recover after crashing sternum first into the apron as Bruiser Brody wrapped his chain around his neck and began to choke him. Studd tried to get his massive fingers between the chain and his neck but Brody was yanking for all he was worth. CRACK! Brody's grip on the chain lessened quite a bit when David Schultz smashed him across the back with the steel chair. Schultz dropped the chair and grabbed two handfuls of Brody's hair and ran him first face into the cage, then body slammed him onto the floor. Schultz went to turn his attention to Big John Studd, but was too late as he got a belly full of nightstick as Studd was waiting for him. Studd grabbed Schultz and delivered a big headbutt and then smashed him headfirst into the ring apron.

Big John reached down and picked up the steel chair off the floor. He raised it above his head and was about to bring it crashing down onto Schultz, but this time it was Schultz who gave Studd a gut full of nightstick. Studd dropped the chair and grasped his midsection, then Schultz blasted Studd in the side of the head with the end of the nightstick and it dropped Big John to his knees. Schultz was about to drive home another blow, when something else caught his attention.

The slam on the floor had rattled Brody, and the blood was running down his face from having it raked across the cage. But he was back up to his feet, and had just seen Schultz put Studd down. Brody smiled a stained smile, then charged forward and blasted Schultz in the face with a huge furry boot. "Dr. D" sailed backwards and crashed into the side of the cage, the nightstick fell from his grasp and landed on the other side of the ring. Brody charged in again and landed another big boot, this time with Schultz pressed almost directly up against the side of the cage so there was no give what so ever. Schultz collapsed to the mat.

Brody turned around and grabbed Studd who was getting back to his feet and nailed him with a couple of punches, before rolling him back into the ring. Bruiser then picked up his chain and slid it into the ring. He then grabbed the laid out Schultz and dragged him to his feet by the hair and chucked him in under the bottom rope. Finally Brody grabbed the steel chair, and keeping a hold of it, rolled into the ring. Brody was quickly to his feet and brought the chair crashing down onto the back of Big John Studd who was about half way to a standing position.

Brody nailed Studd a second time, and then a third time, until Studd was laid out on the mat. Bruiser then turned around and saw that Schultz was about half way to his feet using the ropes, and he brought the chair down HARD on the skull of Schultz with a brutal thud that sent Schultz crashing back down to the canvas. Brody went back to Studd and started to pull him off the mat by his hair, but Studd's huge fist and forearm rose up and nailed Brody directly between the legs. Bruiser dropped to his knees holding his groin, and Studd used the same fist to throw a huge closed right hand to the jaw of Brody, who slumped over.

Big John Studd got slowly to his feet and picked up the chain that was laying on the mat. He went over to where Brody was starting to pull himself up, and wrapped the chain around his neck. Studd was probably strangling Brody for a good twenty seconds, when David Schultz who was gushing blood from the earlier chair shot, jumped onto the back of John Studd and began basically clawing at his eyes.

Studd managed to shake Schultz off of him, at the same time releasing his grip on Brody. Studd tried to clear his vision, Brody gasped for air, and Schultz quickly grabbed hold of the item he'd brought to the dance, and just leveled Big John Studd with a chair shot to the head. Studd teetered in place for a few moments before falling over like a giant tree. Schultz took a moment to wipe blood from his eyes and then he saw Bruiser Brody sitting on the mat. Schultz was a little bit crazed as he swung the chair at the seated Brody, and fortunately for Bruiser he was able to roll out of the way. The momentum of the swing sent Schultz off balance, and that gave Bruiser Brody enough time to get back to his feet.

Ten Minutes Have Passed. The Buzzer Has Sounded. The Door Has Been Unlocked!

Once Schultz was able to get his footing back, he attempted another swing at Brody, but Brody threw up a big boot that connected with the chair and sent it back into the face of Schultz! The chair went sailing out of the ring, and "Dr. D" hit the mat. Brody looked over to see Studd still not moving, and at Schultz down at his feet, then simply dropped down, rolled out of the ring, and exited the cage.

Chamber of Horrors Winner, and now eligible for a shot at any title of his choosing: Bruiser Brody!

Big John Studd and David Schultz were both laid out, but it was Studd who started to get to his feet first. Big John was now also bleeding from the head, and he had to crawl to the ropes and use them to get to his feet. But once he was up, and he saw Schultz laid out in the ring, and he saw the door to the cage open, he slowly began to make his way toward it.

Schultz began to stir just as Studd got to the ropes and was exiting the ring. Schultz got to his hands and knees just as Big John got to the floor. When Studd was about three steps from the door, Schultz threw the steel chair from the ring at the door causing it too close! Studd tried to ignore Schultz and get the door back open, but by the time he got it unlatched, Schultz was there and throwing punches!

"Dr. D" grabbed Studd by the back of the head and rammed him face first into the cage. Although blood was dripping off his face like a faucet, Schultz was like a man posessed as he attacked Studd with everything left in his body. Studd however, was just as determined and as Schultz was rubbing his face in the cage, he had the where with all to kick his leg backwards and catch Schultz right in the balls!

Studd came away from the cage with his face bathed in blood, but he immediately went after David Schultz and smashed him hard back first into the ring apron. Using his massive size to pin Schultz against the apron, Studd used his free hand to reach into the ring and grab the chain that Bruiser Brody had left behind. Although Schultz did did his damnedest to fight it off, Studd managed to wrap the chain around the neck of "Dr. D" and then looped both ends over the middle rope.

Taking one end in each of his massive hands, and using the height of the ropes for leverage, Studd pulled for all he was worth and choked David Schultz until it was obvious that "Dr. D" was no longer conscious. Studd let go of the chain, and Schultz slumped to the floor not moving. Big John stared at Schultz for just a moment to make sure he wasn't going to rise back up like some kind of horror movie villain, then slowly walked over, unlatched the cage door and exited.

Big John Studd has escaped the Chamber of Horrors

"Dr. D" David Schultz is now terminated from AWA World Class Wrestling

Bill Watts: Let's get some help out here for David Schultz....

"Cowboy" Bill Watts exits the commentary table and heads over to check on the condition of Schultz as the cage is raising up and the medical team is arriving on the scene.

Jim Ross: Ladies and Gentleman, I'm not sure what to say here. That is quite possibly the most violent spectacle I've ever seen inside a wrestling ring. These three men have been itching to do terrible things to one another, and they certainly made the most of the opportunity. Bruiser Brody has secured himself a shot at any championship he chooses to compete for here in World Class Wrestling, and David Schultz will no longer be competing here at all.

We hope you enjoyed tonight's broadcast of World Class Wrestling here on the Superstation WTBS, and we sincerely hope you will join us each and every Sunday Night at 6:05 PM Eastern Time for our weekly television program. For "Cowboy" Bill Watts, I'm Jim Ross, from the Kemper Arena in Kansas City, Missouri, good night everyone!

Star Wars was a great showcase of all the talent in World Class.

Like how Corny outsmarted everyone once again.  That overprices education did him well.

Still unsure if the VonErichs should trust Adams but that is what makes it fun.

Bock gets a nice win and it will be interesting to see who is up next for the champ

The only bad part of the show was the Chamber of Horrors because it now marks the end of one of my favorite angles in the entire game right now.  Awesome match.  Awesome show!

I like this 4 match major show that would really pick up a huge tv audience. I think this is a great way to keep people excited and watching all of our shows

Halloween was defiantly the right theme for Star Wars.

Patera looks to be going babyface as he's in full Olympic mode.

Reed gets an impressive win over Jimmy Jam. 

Windham doesn't take the forfeit and Spoiler answers the open challenge. In his short time in WCCW, Spoiler is already a champion. Windham did have a good reign but the claw was just to much. 

Highwaymen and Glamour Boys put on one heck of a fight! Damn that was good. Highwaymen get the big win. Even though they came up short, this feud really elevated the Glamour Boys to a new level. 

Onto the special televised matches.

Smart move opening with the Midnight Express and Islanders. This would draw in the viewers. LOL, Cornette is classic in this role. Awesome tag match as these teams really go at it. That sneaky Cornette always finds a way and helps his team get the win over the Islanders. Watts says this isn't over. I'm all for another match.

Well, Adams found redemption tonight as he takes the mist for Kevin! Wild 6 man tag as the Von Erich's take down Hart's monsters. Hart and Kabuki leave Kamala and Khan behind. More intrigue. I think Adams earned the Von Erich's trust tonight. 

In the midst of all the wild brawls, Bock and Adias put on a classic. Adias gave it everything he had and almost won the title but Bock was just to crafty and retains the title. Props to Bock. He earned that win. 

Chamber of Horrors! This match lived up to that title. Good grief what a fight! That was one of the craziest and bloodiest matches I've ever read. Brody escapes first and wins the match and title shot. Studd is finally able to put Shultz out and walks away to keep his job. Shultz must leave WCCW but he left the only way he knows how, fighting to the bitter and bloody end. 

Great card my friend! I cant wait to see what's next. 

Man! Halloween Star Wars delivered on so many levels...what an exciting show! Cool to see Patera seemingly a babyface at this stage of his career, I look forward to seeing what path he takes!

Completly shocked by the Spoiler beating Windham which makes the show all the more exciting and interesting especially considering the aspect of Windham could have won by forfeit but insisting on fighting.

I agree that MX vs. Islanders was a great way to hook the tv crowd....Cornette does it again...you have to keep tuning in to see if anyone will ever get the best of him and the Express.

My favorite thing about this show is 2 months ago Brian Adias vs. Bockwinkel would have been considered a squash but through the strong booking of Adias since arriving in World Class it was totally plausible that Adias could become the champ...well done.

The Chamber of Horrors lived up to the name and raised the bar for violence in the AWA...I honestly could have seen any of them winning but really like the result....Brody is the man in '84 and Studd is on the rise....Schultz is tough as hell and the "Austin" of this era but couldn't have overcome these two monsters in this environment.

Awesome show!

• 2 weeks later...

-Taped every Friday Night and aired to local affiliates in Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas, and Missouri throughout the weekend and broadcast across the United States every Sunday Night at 6:05 PM Eastern Time on the Superstation WTBS, the American Wrestling Association proudly presents World Class Wrestling, coming to you this week from the Memorial Hall in Kansas City!-

poPQTHD.jpg

Jim Ross: Hello Everyone and welcome to AWA World Class Wrestling! My name is Jim Ross, and I am joined as always by "Cowboy" Bill Watts. We are coming off of our spectacular Halloween Star Wars event, and we have a ton to talk about. But first, let's head to the "Cowboy" who is going to kick off this new era of World Class Wrestling with a big announcement!

We cut to "Cowboy" Bill Watts who is standing in the snazzy new World Class interview area holding a microphone.

Bill Watts: Ladies and Gentleman, first of all we want to thank each and every one of you who tuned in last week and made Halloween Star Wars on the Superstation WTBS a huge success. Thanks to the reception that we received, we've been invited to participate in putting on another event for you the fans. Those of you who tune in to Continental Championship Wrestling on Saturday Nights at 6:05 already know what I am about to say, but for anyone who doesn't, and shame on you, you should be, let me tell you what is happening!

On Thursday night November the Twenty Eighth, that's right Thanksgiving. Once the turkey has all been eaten, all the family has all gone home, you can turn on the Superstation and you are going to see one of the greatest wrestling shows of all time. Because World Class Wrestling and Continental Wrestling are teaming up to present Starrcade 1984, and it will air live at 7:05 on Thanksgiving night on WTBS. I promise you, you don't want to miss this!

Jim Ross: Huge news folks! World Class and Continental teaming up to bring you Starrcade! But before we get there, we need to talk about Halloween Star Wars! It was a huge night that saw two new champions crowned, the debut of a former Olympic athlete, and the Chamber of Horrors! Let's take a look!

A series of still shots recapping Halloween Star Wars is shown. Highlights include: Ken Patera debuting, and submitting Joel Deaton. Sam Houston pinning The Honky Tonk Man, Houston raising the Southwestern Title, Honky Tonk Man shoving Sunshine. A few shots of The Spoiler and Barry Windham competing, The Spoiler with The Claw locked on Windham, and The Spoiler raising the Central States Title. Several shots of the war between The Highwaymen and The Glamour Boys, as well as from the Midnight Express/Islanders match, including Cornette dropping the brass knuckles from the cage. A shot of Chris Adams shoving Kevin out of the way, and taking the mist from Kabuki. A shot of Kevin using The Iron Claw on a bloody Killer Khan. Shots from the Adias/Bockwinkel classic, ending with Bockwinkel holding the title at the end. Finally, several shots presented in black and white due to the graphic nature of the Chamber of Horrors, including Brody leaving the cage, Studd choking out Schultz, Studd leaving the cage, and Schultz being taken out on a stretcher.

-Commercial Break-

Jim Ross: Welcome back everyone! As you saw before the break, Halloween Star Wars saw a lot happen here in AWA World Class. Your thoughts Cowboy?

Bill Watts: Well Jim, from top to bottom....

Jim Cornette comes walking into the announce position with his trusty tennis racket and a big smile on his face.

Jim Cornette: Oh no one cares what Big Mouth Bill thinks! All that matters about Star Wars is that my Midnight Express defeated those coconut munching savages and still have the titles. Isn't that right Cowboy!

Bill Watts: Keep laughing sissy.

Jim Cornette: Oh I will Watts, all the way to the bank! and you better stop calling me that, my Mother doesn't appreciate it. Now if you'll excuse me. Ladies and Gentleman, please welcome to the ring, the World Class Tag Team Champions, Beautiful Bobby and Loverboy Dennis...THE MIDNIGHT EXPRESS!!!

-The Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton/Dennis Condrey) w/Jim Cornette vs Mike Bond/Mike Reed-

Condrey and Eaton took their time with the enhancement talent this evening. First working over Reed for a couple of minutes, and then Dennis tossed him into his own corner so he could make the tag. Bond then came in the ring and suffered much the same. The end came when Dennis gave Bond a backbreaker, and then tagged Eaton who delivered a flying knee drop and covered Bond for the three count.

Winners: The Midnight Express

Jim Cornette: Did you see that Watts? The best tag team in the whole AWA just showcased their talents right here on your television show. You are a lucky man.

Bill Watts: No, you're a lucky man that we don't fine or suspend you for that stunt you pulled with the brass knuckles at Star Wars.

Jim Cornette: What? Brass Knuckles? You mean my belt buckle? That was an accident. You all hoisted me up in that cage, and I was so scared that I couldn't hardly breathe. I undid my tie. I unbuttoned buttons on my shirt. I was still having trouble breathing, so I unfastened my belt and the buckle fell right off.

Bill Watts: Cut the crap sissy. What's done is done. The Midnight Express beat The Islanders at Halloween Star Wars.

Jim Cornette: Yes they did!

Bill Watts: We'll see if they can do it again at Starrcade.

Jim Cornette: Awww Come On. How many times do we have to beat those two lug heads!

Bill Watts: This is it. You beat them at Starrcade, and they will never challenge for those belts so long as The Midnight Express is holding them.

Jim Cornette: Okay. I like the sound of that.

Bill Watts: But since putting you in a cage didn't work, we are going to put them in a cage.

Jim Cornette: I figured you'd have something up your sleeve Watts. But you know what, that's fine. My boys have beaten them time and time again, and if we have to do it one more time inside a steel cage to never have to deal with them again and to shut you up, that's just what we'll do!

Cornette turns around to Bobby and Dennis and they all nod in agreement before heading away from the interview area.

Bill Watts: HEY CORNETTE!

Jim Cornette turns around as Eaton and Condrey disappear behind the curtain. Watts motions Cornette back over to the commentary position with his index finger. Cornette rolls his eyes and stomps back over.

Jim Cornette: What do you want now!

Bill Watts: I forgot to tell you that The Islanders have procured a managers license and will have a special one time manager at ringside to make sure you keep your nose out of things.

Jim Cornette: and let me guess Watts, it's you.

Bill Watts: Nope. It's him.

Jim Cornette turns around and finds himself standing face to face with "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka!! Cornette makes an exaggerated swallow and begins to back slowly away from Snuka. He makes about two steps before Snuka let's out a yell and sticks out his tongue. Cornette leaps about a foot off the ground, lands on his ass, then scrambles to his feet and runs for the curtain.

-Commercial Break-

-"Superfly" Jimmy Snuka vs Snake Brown-

This is all Snuka from start to finish as he smacks around the man who hails "From Outta Town." The end comes with the leap frog, no look leap frog, double chop to the chest putting Brown down on the mat. Snuka then heads to the top rope, flashes the double ILY sign, and soared off with the Superfly Splash. The ref could have counted to a thousand.

Winner: "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka

Jim Ross: Jimmy Snuka picks up a win in his World Class debut, and I didn't even know he worked here Cowboy!

Bill Watts: Well Jim, we'd been in preliminary negotiations before Star Wars, but after what happened to The Islanders, he wanted to be here, and I wanted him to be here. So the deal came together pretty quick. We are darn glad to have him, he is one of the top athletes in the AWA, and I know men like Nick Bockwinkel and The Spoiler had better be prepared for The Superfly.

Jim Ross: Speaking of The Spoiler, at Halloween Star Wars he competed as a last minute replacement against Central States Champion Barry Windham, and was able to win that championship. Windham is taking a leave from World Class to take care of some business up North, so tonight in our main event we are going to have a Ten Man Over the Top Rope Battle Royal, and the winner is going to face The Spoiler at Starrcade for the Central States Championship. Your thoughts on The Spoiler?

Bill Watts: I can't say I care for the man, especially not with the way he decided to show up here in World Class. But I can't take anything away from him as a competitor. Barry Windham had been defending that Central States belt night in and night out for months and no one could beat him, The Spoiler was able to take the belt fair and square on his first shot. It will be real interesting to see who comes out of this battle royal with the title show, and how The Spoiler fares in his first defense.

Jim Ross: Don't look now Cowboy, but it appears he found himself a new manager...

-The Spoiler w/Gary Hart vs Shane Tyler-

The New Central States Champion had himself a nice little showcase match here. It could have been over two minutes in, but The Spoiler continued using bodyslams and elbows, a big boot when Tyler was rebounding off the ropes, and whatever else he felt like doing. Finally when he had apparently grown bored, he locked in The Claw and before long a limp Shane Tyler was counted down for the three.

Winner: The Spoiler

Gary Hart hands the Central States Title to The Spoiler and the two of them join Marc Lowrance in the new interview area.

Marc Lowrance: At Halloween Star Wars we saw The Spoiler become the Central States Champion. When did Gary Hart become part of the equation?

Gary Hart: Marc Lowrance, when it regards The Spoiler, I have been part of the equation since you were just a little bitty boy hiding behind his mama's skirt. The Spoiler and Gary Hart have known one another for a very, very long time, and now that he has returned to World Class Wrestling we have chosen to renew a partnership, and a friendship that runs deeper than you can possibly imagine.

Marc Lowrance: So you are now managing four men?

Gary Hart: As a matter of fact, I am not. As we have just discussed, I am managing The Spoiler, and as always I will be managing The Great Kabuki.

Marc Lowrance: What about Kamala and Killer Khan?

Gary Hart: As far as I know Killer Khan has left World Class Wrestling after being embarrassed by Kevin Von Erich at Star Wars and good riddance to him. As for Kamala, I was offered a large sum of money for his contract, therefore I sold it.

Marc Lowrance: To who?

Gary Hart: It's not my place to say Marc Lowrance. Now if you'll excuse us, the champ and I have business to attend too.

Hart slightly inclines his head at Lowrance, and The Spoilers simply pats the Central States Title that is resting over his shoulder and the two of them exit the interview area.

Jim Ross: That is a dangerous combination Cowboy.

Bill Watts: It certainly is Jim. Hart and The Spoiler have spent a lot of years together in this business.

Jim Ross: Folks we are going to take a quick time out. When we return the AWA World Tag Team Champions Shaska Whatley and Tiger Conway Jr, The Movement will be in action!

-Commercial Break-

1 Fall, 15 Minute Time Limit

-The Movement (Shaska Whatley/Tiger Conway Jr) vs Jack Spade/Tim Bennant-

Whatley and Conway attack before the bell and lay a quick beating on both men. Bennant gets dumped to the floor, while Spade is left to the mercy of The Movement. Whatley whips Spade into the corner of The Movement and follows him in with a huge clothesline. He tags in Conway who drops a leg on Spade, then tags Whatley back in. Conway lifts Spade up for a piledriver, and Whatley comes off the second rope and spikes him. Conway heads over and kicks a recovering Bennant back off the apron, while Whatley covers Spade for the three count.

Winners: The Movement

Whatley and Conway grab the AWA World Tag Team Titles and head over to the new interview area where Marc Lowrance is waiting.

Tiger Conway Jr: Don't start asking us a buncha stupid questions white man. We'll say what we need to say, and we'll leave. Ya dig?

Shaska Whatley: Boo all you want sucka's! The Movement is taking over the AWA!

Tiger Conway Jr: What the hell is this...

Jay and Mark Youngblood come walking out and step into the interview area.

Jay Youngblood: You owe us another shot at those belts.

Tiger Conway Jr: We don't owe you nothing Motherf...

"NOW HOLD ON A MINUTE"

Paul Jones has arrived holding a microphone and is flanked by The Highwaymen.

Paul Jones: If anyone deserves a shot at those belts, IT'S THE HIGHWAYMEN!!

Shaska Whatley: Tiger, what the hell do all these Cowboys and Indians have to do with The Movement?

Tiger Conway Jr: Nuthin!

Conway lunges forward and blasts Jay Youngblood in the face with one of the AWA World Tag Team Titles! Marc Lowrance scrambles to escape as all hell breaks loose in the new interview area. The show goes to commercial as The Movement, The Youngbloods, and The Highwaymen are all brawling!!

-Commercial Break-

Jim Ross: We are back Ladies and Gentleman and security has separated The Movement, The Youngbloods, and The Highwaymen. But not before they had quite a fight Cowboy.

Bill Watts: Jim, once we are off the air tonight you'd best believe that I will be contacting the heads of the AWA and setting up something for Starrcade involving those teams.

Jim Ross: We'll look forward to hearing what comes of that. Right now Cowboy, we our set to see the man who won the Chamber of Horrors in singles action.

Bill Watts: Bruiser Brody is headed for the ring, and I know Marc Lowrance is going to try and speak with him afterward.

-Bruiser Brody vs The Bounty Hunter-

Brody was wasting no time this evening, charging across the ring with a big boot that leveled his masked opponent. Bruiser scooped the Hunter up, dropped him with a huge one armed bodyslam, and then one King Kong Knee Drop later, this one was all said and done.

Winner: Bruiser Brody

Marc Lowrance was waiting for Bruiser Brody in the interview area, and after retrieving his trusty chain, Brody joined him.

Marc Lowrance: Another dominant performance here tonight from Bruiser Brody. But what I'd like to ask you about Bruiser is the Chamber of Horrors.

Bruiser Brody: Marc Lowrance! At the Chamber of Horrors I proved to everyone just who the meanest man in all of World Class wrestling is. There was blood, there was brutality, and there was violence. But who walked away the victor, Bruiser Brody, that's who!

Marc Lowrance: With that victory, you secured yourself a shot at any championship you'd like to contend for. Have you thought about how you'd like to use that reward?

Bruiser Brody: Hey Bockwinkel! I figure since I had to beat your bodyguard Studd to earn this chance, I may as well take that belt from you! Thanksgiving Night at the Superdome, I'm taking my shot.

Brody lifts the chain into the air as the crowd goes wild and then storms away from the interview area.

Jim Ross: Bruiser Brody has just announced that he will be cashing in his guaranteed title shot to challenge Nick Bockwinkel for the World Class Heavyweight Title on Thanksgiving Night, Thursday November the Twenty Eighth at the Super Dome in New Orleans as part of Starrcade!!

Bill Watts: I think we have ourselves a main event Jim!

Jim Ross: I'd say so Cowboy! Speaking of which, we'll be right back with our main event of the evening!!

-Commercial Break-

10 Man Over The Top Rope Battle Royal for a Central States Title Shot at Starrcade

-Big John Studd vs Brian Adias vs Butch Reed vs Chris Adams vs Iceman King Parsons vs Kerry Von Erich vs The Great Kabuki vs Kamala vs Kevin Von Erich vs Ken Patera-

Elimination #1: Brian Adias was working with Kevin Von Erich to try and get The Great Kabuki out of the ring when Iceman King Parsons saw an opportunity and grabbed a handful of hair and a handful of tights and tossed him out of the ring.

Elimination #2: Ken Patera had been struggling with Chris Adams in the corner, but Adams had slipped away. Patera saw Kamala hammering away on Kerry Von Erich and using his strength and leverage, knelt down, grabbed a leg and hoisted The Ugandan Giant over the top rope and to the floor.

Elimination #3: Kamala didn't react to the elimination well, and after shoving aside two officials got back up on the apron and grabbed two handfuls of hair and pulled Ken Patera out of the ring with him. The two men then proceeded to brawl all the way to the locker room.

Elinination #4: Butch Reed and Kerry Von Erich were working over Big John Studd in the corner. Iceman King Parsons came over and joined them in attacking Studd. He then held up both hands looking for a double High Five from Reed. He instead got clotheslined over the top rope and Reed walked away shaking his head.

Elimination #5: Chris Adams had The Great Kabuki lined up for a Superkick, but at the last second Kabuki moved and instead the Superkick connected with Kevin Von Erich and sent him over the top rope and to the floor!

Elimination #6: Chris Adams was at the ropes apologizing profusely to a very angry looking Kevin Von Erich when Big John Studd simply scooped up Adams and dumped him to the floor. Adams continued trying to plead his case to Kevin as both men walked to the back.

Elimination #7: Kerry Von Erich was near the ropes when The Great Kabuki charged at him. Kerry ducked down and backdropped Kabuki out of the ring.

Elimination #8: The final three fought for several minutes, and it would take the combined strength of both Butch Reed and Kerry Von Erich, but they were able to lift Big John Studd up and dump him out of the ring.

Elimination #9: Reed and Kerry was back and forth for several minutes. The elimination finally came when Reed went for a clothesline while Kerry was beside the ropes. Kerry Von Erich ducked it and nailed Butch Reed with a picture perfect dropkick that sent him out of the ring.

Winner, and Challenger for the Central States Title at Starrcade: Kerry Von Erich!

Jim Ross: Kerry Von Erich has won the battle royal and will challenge The Spoiler at Starrcade for the Central States Championship!

Bill Watts: Both Kerry and Butch Reed looked to have that thing won several times. But Von Erich pulls out the win. What a main event!

Jim Ross: Ladies and Gentleman, Thank You so much for joining us here tonight. Please join us next week for more World Class Wrestling. Good Night Everyone!

Cornette's explanation for the Brass Knucks is priceless....such good stuff. Can a steel cage and Superfly Snuka finally negate the antics of Cornette and get the Islanders a fair shot at the titles? This has been a compelling story so far and I'm interested to see how things play out!

Going to be interesting to see what Bock will have up his sleeve to try and survive Brody at Starrcade!

I'm loving the twists and turns of the Chris Adams/Kevin Von Erich angle!

The Spoiler is an even bigger threat with Gary Hart in his corner but Kerry Von Erich will be a stiff challenge for his newly won Central States title!

Oh snap! Jimmy Snuka has arrived! This is huge! LOL, Cornette falling down in shock was priceless. Starrcade might be the Islanders night. 

Spoiler and Gary Hart together again. Just seems right.

Cant get enough of the Movement. Youngbloods and Highwaymen both have rightful claims to a title match. A brawl breaks out! Love the 3 gimmick teams involved here. 

WHAT! Brody and Bock for the title at Starrcade! What a blockbuster main event. 

Exciting battle royal full of intrigue. Kamala and Patera fight their way to the back. Adams accidently superkicks Kevin. Kerry eliminates Reed to earn himself a shot at Spoiler. That sent the fans home happy. 

Man, Starrcade is shaping up to be one epic event! WCCW and Continental together on the Superstation. Thanksgiving is going to be an action packed night of wrestling. 

Superfly as a one time manager was an awesome turn but Corny always seems to figure something out.

I like Spoiler with Hart but I must admit that I will miss Kamala.

The Movement seems to have two teams after them in World Class alone.  NICE

Love the idea of a win giving Brody any title shot he wants... I might steal this one.  Going after Bock is a good choice.  Can't wait to hear his promos for this one.

Kerry VonErich for the Central States title... maybe Fritz has paid his dues and his boys will win a big one