Pro Wrestling Only

AWA World Class Wrestling

Blehschmidt

-11-9-84 from the Municipal Auditorium in Topeka, KS-

1) Kamala w/Friday defeated Mike Reed/Mike Bond/Brody Chase in a 3 on 1 Handicap Match in 6:32

2) Sam Houston over The Bounty Hunter in 5:29 w/Bulldog Headlock

3) Ken Patera beat Tugboat Taylor in 7:12 w/Full Nelson

4) The Youngbloods (Jay Youngblood/Mark Youngblood) and The Highwaymen (Bobby Duncum/Phil Hickerson) w/Paul Jones wrestled to a Double Disqualification in 13:37

5) The Spoiler w/Gary Hart defeated Brian Adias in a match for the Central States Title in 18:01 w/Rope Assisted Pinfall

6) Chris Adams over The Great Kabuki w/Gary Hart by Disqualification in 8:19 when Kabuki attempted to use the Green Mist on Adams, but Adams ducked and Kabuki misted the referee!

7) Butch Reed/Kerry Von Erich/Kevin Erich beat The Movement (Iceman King Parsons/Tiger Conway Jr/Shaska Whatley) in 22:39 when Kevin Von Erich pinned Shaska Whatley

8) Bruiser Brody/"Superfly" Jimmy Snuka/The Islanders (Samu/Tonga Kid) defeated Nick Bockwinkel/Big John Studd/The Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton/Dennis Condrey) w/Jim Cornette in 49:14 when Snuka pinned Condrey

-11-10-84 from the Levitt Arena in Wichita, KS-

1) Kamala w/Friday defeated Mike Reed/Mike Bond/Brody Chase in a 3 on 1 Handicap Match in 6:32

4) The Youngbloods (Jay Youngblood/Mark Youngblood) and The Highwaymen (Bobby Duncum/Phil Hickerson) w/Paul Jones wrestled to a Double Disqualification in 13:37

5) The Spoiler w/Gary Hart defeated Brian Adias in a match for the Central States Title in 18:01 w/Rope Assisted Pinfall

6) Chris Adams over The Great Kabuki w/Gary Hart by Disqualification in 8:19 when Kabuki attempted to use the Green Mist on Adams, but Adams ducked and Kabuki misted the referee!

7) Butch Reed/Kerry Von Erich/Kevin Erich beat Iceman King Parsons/Masked White Boy #1/Masked White Boy #2 in 7:39 when Kevin Von Erich pinned Masked White Boy #1

8) Bruiser Brody/"Superfly" Jimmy Snuka/The Islanders (Samu/Tonga Kid) defeated Nick Bockwinkel/Big John Studd/The Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton/Dennis Condrey) w/Jim Cornette in 49:14 when Snuka pinned Condrey

-11-11-84 from the Convention Center in Tulsa, OK-

7) Butch Reed/Kerry Von Erich/Kevin Erich beat The Movement (Iceman King Parsons/Tiger Conway Jr/Shaska Whatley) in 22:39 when Kevin Von Erich pinned Shaska Whatley

-11-12-84 from the Myriad Convention Center in Oklahoma City, OK-

-11-13-84 from the Memorial Auditorium in Wichita Falls, TX-

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kamala looks as devastating as ever beating 3 men. 

Highwaymen might be done with the Glamour Boys but it looks like they now have issues with the Youngbloods. 

Spoiler defeats Adias and shows why he's the champ. 

Good Grief those last 2 matches were off the charts! Von Erich's find a great partner in Reed as they take down the Movement. Crazy 8 man tag ends the show as the wild faces send the fans home happy. 

-Taped every Friday Night and aired to local affiliates in Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas, and Missouri throughout the weekend and broadcast across the United States every Sunday Night at 6:05 PM Eastern Time on the Superstation WTBS, the American Wrestling Association proudly presents World Class Wrestling, coming to you this week from the North Side Coliseum in Fort Worth!-

poPQTHD.jpg

Jim Ross: Hello Everyone, and Welcome to AWA World Class Wrestling! I am your host Jim Ross and joining me as always is "Cowboy" Bill Watts! We are on the road to Starrcade and we have quite a night of action ahead of us Bill.

Bill Watts: Indeed we do Jim. Last week we found out that at Starrcade Bruiser Brody will challenge Nick Bockwinkel for the World Class Heavyweight Championship. Kerry Von Erich won a battle royal and the right to challenge The Spoiler for the Central States Title, and the steel cage match for the World Class Tag Team Titles between The Midnight Express and The Islanders was made.

Jim Ross: Don't forget for a moment that Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka will be at ringside to make sure that Jim Cornette keeps his nose, and his tennis racket out of that one!

Bill Watts: That's my favorite part!

Jim Ross: Starrcade is certainly shaping up to be one heck of an event, but we have a lot of great wrestling action on tap here tonight. Former Olympic athlete Ken Patera is going to be in action. We will see both The Highwaymen and The Youngbloods in tag team action tonight.

Bill Watts: I've spoken the AWA Championship Committee, and I will have an announcement regarding that situation a bit later in the show.

Jim Ross: Butch Reed will be in action here tonight. Big John Studd is set to compete, and in the main event Brian Adias will go one on one with The Great Kabuki.

Bill Watts: Quite the line up of action folks.

Jim Ross: But, apparently "Cowboy" we are going to start the show with a trip to the..... Fiesta Garden?

Bill Watts: Wait...what...who hired him back?

The camera cuts to the new World Class interview area which has been decorated with what looks like items stolen from a Mexican restaurant. Hercules Hernandez is standind wearing blue jeans, no shirt, and a sombrero, while Al Madril is seated in a directors chair wearing a suit and a matching sombrero. There is an empty directors chair apparently waiting for the guest.

Al Madril: Hola Mi Amigos! Welcome back to the highest rated show on the Superstation WTBS, The Fiesta Garden. You didn't think just cause I left that dump Continental Wrestling, that the fine people at WTBS were going to let this show end up on another network did you? No, No, No! ANYHOW.... I am of course "The Latin Lover" Al Madril, and of course this is my right hand man, my compadre, my familia, Hercules Hernandez! Say Hello Hercules.

Hercules draws in an obviously annoyed deep breath.

Hercules Hernandez: Hello Hercules.

Al Madril: Oh Man! I swear, that will never cease to be funny. Big guy, you are the absolute best! Okay, Okay, compose yourself Al. Alright! Since we are premiering the Fiesta Garden in a new time slot this week, we wanted to make sure that our guest tonight was a huge name here in our new home of World Class Wrestling. We wanted to be sure that he was well respected, tougher than nails, and top of the line. We wanted a Champion!! So Ladies and Gentleman, please join me in welcoming the AWA Southwestern Champion, Sam Houston!

Houston walks out to a rousing cheer from the crowd. He is dressed in a tasseled western shirt, jeans, cowboy boots, and a cowboy hat. He has the Southwestern Title slung over his shoulder. He takes the seat opposite Madril and places the belt in his lap. Al Madril looks at Houston and seems puzzled. Madril looks around Houston toward the entrance way, and then looks back at Hercules who just shrugs his shoulders. Madril then looks to Houston again.

Al Madril: Okay kid, it's cute that you brought the belt out here for your Dad, but where is Sam Houston?

Sam Houston: I am Sam Houston.

Madril screws his face into a look of disbelief, then looks back at Hercules again, and both men erupt with laughter. Houston comes up out of the chair ready to lay out Madril, but Hercules is quick to block the way.

Al Madril: Ohhh...I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Please sit down. Please sit down. It won't happen again. Hercules, it's okay, it's okay. That was my fault.

Hercules backs away, but Houston still looks pissed. Madril waves him back into the seat while he talks.

Al Madril: Sam, please sit down. I'm sorry amigo. I thought someone was trying to mess with me on my first night back. Let's start over.

Sam Houston: .....

Al Madril: Mr. Houston, you are the AWA Southwestern Champion?

Sam Houston: Yeah.

Al Madril: When did you win that title?

Sam Houston: I beat The Honky Tonk Man for it at Halloween Star Wars.

Al Madril: I see, I see. What are your goals as champion?

Sam Houston: My goals are to come out here and defend this title with honor, to be a fighting champion, and to give one hundred percent for the fans of World Class Wrestling.

Al Madril: That's great! Will you be defending the title against full sized opponents or just midgets such as yourself?

It takes a moment for the words of Madril to register, and by the time they do and Sam starts to come out of his chair to throw a punch, Hercules is already there and clotheslining Houston over the chair. Sam lands hard on the floor, with the directors chair crashing down on top of him.

Al Madril: Well that's all the time we have for this week! See you next time on the Fiesta Garden!!

Madril gets up and casually walks away and is followed out by Hercules, as an angry Sam Houston gets to his feet and looks super pissed off.

-Commercial Break-

Jim Ross: Folks we are back, and nothing seems to be injured on Sam Houston other than his pride.

Bill Watts: I don't know who made the call to hire that egotistical son of a...

Jim Ross: BILL!

Bill Watts: I don't know how Madril got hired back here in World Class, but I don't know if I hate him or Cornette more.

Jim Ross: Well with a guy like Hercules standing behind him, Madril has a lot of leeway to say what he wants.

Bill Watts: That is unfortunately very true Jim.

Jim Ross: Okay folks, let's head down to the ring for our first action of the evening. The Highwaymen are set to compete!

1 Fall, 10 Minute Time Limit

-The Highwaymen (Bobby Duncum/Phil Hickerson) w/Paul Jones vs Shane Tylor/Dan Henderson-

Hickerson and Duncum have some fun tonight and take their sweet time beating down the enhancement talent. Duncum is particularly explosive this evening, flattening Shane Tylor with a huge powerslam, then nearly ripping his head off with a big clothesline. Hickerson isn't much nicer to Henderson plowing his head into the canvas with a DDT, and repeatedly kneeing him in the guts. The end mercifully comes when Shane Tylor is set up and given a Spike Piledriver and is then covered for the victory.

Winners: The Highwaymen

Paul Jones and his victorious tag team head over to interview area where Marc Lowrance is awaiting their arrival.

Marc Lowrance: A very dominating victory for The Highwaymen tonight. But let's talk about last week for a moment.

Paul Jones: LET'S TALK ABOUT IT LOWRANCE!! Those two idiots parading around with the AWA World Tag Team Titles were out here running their mouths about a bunch of nonsense, and my Highwaymen were getting ready to come out here and shut them up. Then the next thing we knew the Dumbbloods were out here crying about getting a rematch!

Marc Lowrance: The last time they competed for the....

Paul Jones: I DON'T CARE LOWRANCE!! I don't care if they were cheated. I don't care if them two black fella's burnt down their teepee, I DON'T CARE!! My Highwaymen have been beating everybody that has been put in the ring with us. We beat those Glamour Boys so bad they don't want to fight us anymore. We keep winning and winning, and it's time we get a chance at some gold!

Marc Lowrance: So you want to challenge The Movement for the AWA World Tag Team Titles?

Paul Jones: YES! Since no one but them Samoans can get a shot at the World Class belts apparently, we are officially issuing a challenge for The Movement to step in the ring with The Highwaymen at Starrcade!

Phil Hickerson: You two boys better be ready for a fight, cause were done waiting around for our turn. We are gonna take what we want, and what we want are those belts!

Bobby Duncum: I've had movements bigger than both of you two boys. We gonna hurt'cha. Ya Unnastan?

A big smile crosses the face of Paul Jones, and then he leads The Highwaymen away from the interview area.

-Commercial Break-

Jim Ross: Welcome back Ladies and Gentleman. Before the break we saw The Highwaymen run over their competition then demand a shot at The Movement and the AWA World Tag Team Titles.

Bill Watts: Well Jim, as I mentioned earlier in the show, I have spoken to the AWA Championship Committee, and...

Bill Watts is cut off as a familiar face makes his return to World Class Wrestling by arriving at the announce position.

Bill Watts: What do you want?

Skandor Akbar: Is that any way to greet me as I make my glorious return to World Class Wrestling? "General" Skandor Akbar has returned and with him comes the return of Devastation Incorporated!

Jim Ross: Well General, we have a match coming up involving Ken Patera.

Skandor Akbar: Well, then I will stay right here and scout this traitor.

Bill Watts: Traitor?

Skandor Akbar: Indeed! Not long ago he was calling himself a Sheik, and was aligned with Adnan! Now he carries on about being an Olympian and representing your United States of America. Disgusting.

-Ken Patera vs The Bounty Hunter-

This one doesn't take long as The Bounty Hunter charges Patera the moment the bell rings. Patera catches him with a massive clothesline that nearly takes the masked man out of his boots. Patera then nails the Hunter with a belly to belly suplex, and when the Bounty Hunter gets back up, Patera locks on the Full Nelson and begins swinging him until he submits.

Winner: Ken Patera

Ken Patera heads to the interview area to meet Marc Lowrance, but Skandor Akbar arrives before Patera does and takes the microphone from Lowrance.

Skandor Akbar: Patera, you traitorous dog! You were once a Sheik! You once stood proudly by Adnan! Look at you now, pandering to these ignorant American fools!

Patera reaches his hand out for the microphone. Akbar hands it to him, and then slaps Patera in the face! Patera drops the mic, and grabs two handfuls of Akbar's collar! However, before Patera can do any damage, Kamala attacks Patera from behind!!

Jim Ross: THIS WAS A SET UP!

The Ugandan Giant blasts Patera in the head with a huge chop, then tosses him head first into the small podium in the interview area. Once Patera is on the ground, Kamala leaps onto him with a Big Splash that leaves Patera clutching his ribs. Friday arrvives on the scene and ushers Kamala away, as security and the medical team arrive to help Patera.

Jim Ross: Akbar set Patera up so that Kamala could do the damage.

Bill Watts: I wonder how much money Gary Hart got for that contract.

Skandor Akbar: Do you see what happens Watts! Ross! Do you see what happens when you cross the General!

-Commercial Break-

As the show returns from break, Skandor Akbar has moved from the announce position to the interview area and is still ranting!

Skandor Akbar: Kamala is just the first of many men who will comprise the new Devastation Incorporated! Men like Ken Patera, Brian Adias, and The Von Erich's had better watch their backs, because The General has returned and I will once again rule World Class Wrestling. You hear me Patera! You hear me Adias! You hear me Von Erich's! Ha Ha! Von Erich's probably aren't listening because they are too busy trying to figure out if they can trust Chris Adams! Chris Adams would make a fine member of Devastation Inc!!

Kevin Von Erich comes from the back and marches directly to the interview area, ripping the microphone out of Akbar's hands.

Kevin Von Erich: Why don't you shut your fat mouth Akbar. We ran you outta World Class once, and we'll be more than happy to do it again!

Two men wearing black and silver masks come rushing out of the stands and blindside Von Erich as Akbar erupts with laughter. They lay a quick and severe beating on Kevin, and then one of them bangs the toe of his boot on the ground and punts Von Erich in the head. Kevin stops moving, and Akbar's laughter gets even louder. Chris Adams comes rushing out from the back, and both men along with Akbar quickly leave the interview area.

Jim Ross: My goodness, Kevin Von Erich is a bloody mess.

Bill Watts: Can we please get medical back out here pronto!

Jim Ross: Folks, those two masked men with Akbar were The Grapplers. That boot is known to be loaded and Kevin Von Erich is unconscious and bleeding. We are going to take another quick break while we get him some medical attention. We'll be right back.

The camera cuts to Chris Adams kneeling next to a not moving and bleeding Kevin Von Erich yelling for the medical team.

-Commercial Break-

Jim Ross: Thank you for your patience Ladies and Gentleman. Kevin Von Erich is being taken to get medical attention and Chris Adams has left in the ambulance with him. We are being told that Ken Patera may have some bruised ribs, but is up and otherwise fine. The Grapplers, Kamala, and Akbar were seen leaving the building and apparently everything we've seen tonight was just a big ruse to sneak attack their intended targets.

Bill Watts: Akbar is a devious man. His return to World Class Wrestling is dangerous for everyone.

Jim Ross: We'll update you on the condition of Kevin Von Erich when we have something. In the mean time, let's try to get things back on track. The Youngbloods are on their way to the ring for tag team action.

-The Youngbloods (Jay Youngblood/Mark Youngblood) vs Snake Brown/Scott Reese-

Tonight we see a side of The Youngbloods that we haven't seen before as they absolutely eat their opponents alive. Reese nearly has the skin chopped off his chest by Jay, and Mark damn near decapitates Snake Brown with a dropkick. The end comes when Mark hits a flying crossbody on Reese for the pinfall.

Winners: The Youngbloods

The Youngbloods are on the way to the interview area when they are jumped by Shaska Whatley and Tiger Conway Jr. That brawl barely has time to get started before Phil Hickerson and Bobby Duncum are out of the dressing room and throwing fists as well. All six men are going at it, when a horde of security and preliminary talent hits ringside and pulls everyone apart. It's about that time that "Cowboy" Bill Watts gets up from the announce position and addresses everyone.

Bill Watts: After the events of last week I spoke to the members of the AWA Championship Committee. The Youngbloods think they deserve a title shot. The Highwaymen think they deserve a title shot. The Movement thinks they can just do whatever the heck they want. So here is what's gonna happen! Next week, right here on television The Youngbloods and The Highwaymen are going to meet in a Best Two out of Three Falls match, and the winners are going to challenge for the AWA World Tag Team Titles at Starrcade. Whatley, Conway, I made sure you two are booked FAR AWAY from World Class that night, so you won't be able to get involved in any way, shape, or form. Also, whichever team loses next week is going to be banned from Starrcade, cause I won't have them interfering in the World Tag Team Title match. Now, all of you get out of my arena before I fine you ten thousand dollars.

Watts bangs the microphone down on the announce desk and sits back down. Slowly the mass of humanity begins to clear out of the arena without further incident.

Jim Ross: Youngbloods and Highwaymen two of three falls and the winners challenge The Movement. That seems like a perfectly fair way to settle this "Cowboy."

Bill Watts: I wanted to throw all six of them in a cage and have them fight until only one team was left standing but the AWA didn't like that very much.

Jim Ross: Well, not everyone has your vision boss.

Bill Watts: Ha!

Jim Ross: Looks like we are ready to go with our next contest.

-Big John Studd w/ Nick Bockwinkel vs Bernard Taylor-

Studd didn't spend a whole lot of time on his opponent this evening. A hammering blow across the back out of the lock up sent Taylor to the mat. Studd yanked him up by the hair and fired him into the ropes, then drilled him with a clothesline. Big John jerked him up again and clamped on a Bearhug and that was all she wrote for Mr. Taylor.

Winner: Big John Studd

Nick Bockwinkel who is dressed in an expensive suit and has the World Class Title folded and cradled in his arm hands Studd a towel and they head over to the interview area.

Marc Lowrance: Mr. Bockwinkel, Mr. Studd, welcome to the show. Big John, an easy one for you tonight.

Big John Studd: They're all easy ones for me little man! I'm sick and tired of wasting my time throwing around these midgets. Once we make sure that Mr. Bockwinkel has this Bruiser Brody problem under control, I'll be on the hunt to put gold around my waist again. It's time for Big John Studd to find some real competition.

Marc Lowrance: Nick Bockwinkel, after winning the Chamber of Horrors, Bruiser Brody has his sights set on you and that World Class Heavyweight Title. Your thoughts?

Nick Bockwinkel: My thoughts Marc Lowrance, are that Bruiser Brody has sustained one too many blows to his head. While he did prevail in that barbaric cage match on Halloween, if he thinks his wild man routine is going to allow him to claim victory over a superior professional wrestler such as myself, then I am afraid he has another coming. The match may me signed Mr. Brody, but it will not be contested under some do as you please shenanigans. It will be wrestled under the rules of the American Wrestling Alliance with a time limit, count outs, and disqualifications firmly in place. So by all means please throw chairs, bring your chain to the ring, or do whatever other foolishness enters your pea brain at the time. Because when you inevitably get yourself disqualified, that means I will retain my title, and the charade of you being a legitimate title challenger will be over.

Marc Lowrance: Don't you think you are being dismissive of the threat Bruiser Brody's challenge will be to your title?

Nick Bockwinkel: Marc Lowrance, I will either out wrestle the big buffoon or he will get himself disqualified with his antics. Simple as that.

Marc Lowrance: What if it isn't?

Nick Bockwinkel: Then that is why I have a nearly seven foot tall, three hundred and fifty pound Studd who accompanies me to ringside. John, please let Mr. Lowrance know that the interview is over.

As Nick Bockwinkel begins to walk away from the interview area, Big John Studd engulfs the head of the microphone with a large hand and shakes his head at Marc Lowrance. Studd then follows Bockwinkel out of the interview area.

-Commercial Break-

Jim Ross: Welcome back folks. Just before the break we heard from the World Class Champion Nick Bockwinkel and his accomplice, Big John Studd. Any thoughts on what the champion had to say Cowboy?

Bill Watts: Bockwinkel has convinced himself that Brody is nothing but a wild man who is going to get himself disqualified. But Nick is apparently forgetting that Brody has taken men like Harley Race to the time limit on more than one occasion. If he continues to think of Brody as just some maniac, he is going to find himself without that title.

Jim Ross: He also seems quite content to let John Studd get involved if the need arises. Okay folks, let's head down to the ring where Butch Reed is set for action!

-Butch Reed vs Bill Rathke-

Rathke attempted a Pearl Harbor job on Reed, but Butch caught him in a huge powerslam and pinned him in what has to be some kind of record!!

Winner: Butch Reed

Reed heads over to the interview area with a huge smile on his face and meets with Marc Lowrance.

Marc Lowrance: Butch, did you even break a sweat?

Butch Reed: Marc, I didn't even get my dang t-shirt off!

Marc Lowrance: I don't know for sure, but that has to be some kind of record for quickest match in World Class history.

Butch Reed: Well...

Reed is interrupted by the slow clapping of Iceman King Parsons, Shaska Whatley, and Tiger Conway Jr as they slowly walk toward the interview area.

Butch Reed: Not this again.

Tiger Conway Jr: Look'atcha out here laughing and smiling for the man. Pathetic. Pretty soon they'll have you shucking and jiving and showing what a harmless Yes Sir, No Sir kinda Brutha you really are.

Shaska Whatley: But Hey! Good for you Butch! Congratulations on your big, impressive win! I bet your Mama is so proud.

Butch Reed: You all about done?

Iceman King Parsons: No Butch, we ain't done. We ain't done until you stop viewing things the way they want you to see it, and start seeing it for the way it is. The Movement is changing the way people like you and me get treated in this business. The Movement is making it so brutha's don't have to march to the beat of some crackers drum. Open your eyes Butch.

Butch Reed: My eyes are open King. I see what your shoveling, and when it sounds like it, and smells like it. It probably is.

Reed again shoulders past The Movement, but before he gets too far, Parsons speaks again.

Iceman King Parsons: How about I open your eyes with my fist?

Reed turns around and looks ready to fight all three members of The Movement.

Iceman King Parsons: Put your fists down brother. Starrcade, you and me, one on one. You win, we'll never so much as look in your direction again. I win, you become part of The Movement and do as we do for thirty days. After thirty days, you want out, you can leave. But I think you'll see things our way in less time than that.

Butch Reed: I win, and y'all leave me the hell alone?

Iceman King Parsons: That's it.

Butch Reed: Deal.

Reed walks away as the members of The Movement all look at one another with grins on their faces.

Jim Ross: Butch Reed may have just made a deal with the devil "Cowboy."

Bill Watts: Reed is a tough man, and he's been in plenty of fights. He'll be ready for whatever Parsons throws at him.

Jim Ross: I hope you are right. Folks, we will be right back with our main event.

-Commercial Break-

1 Fall, 30 Minute Time Limit

-Brian Adias vs The Great Kabuki w/Gary Hart-

These two had been wrestling a fairly back and forth match for about ten minutes when Adias ducked under a Kabuki Thrust Kick and nailed him with a picture perfect dropkick. Adias covered Kabuki, but Gary Hart got up onto the apron and distracted the referee from making the count. A frustrated Adias got off of Kabuki and grabbed Hart by the suit jacket. Adias shoved Hart off the apron to a huge pop from the crowd, then turned around only to be met with a face full of Green Mist from Kabuki!! The referee immediately called for the Disqualification.

Winner, by Disqualification: Brian Adias

Kabuki continued to assault the blinded Adias after the bell rang until a host of officials and security ran into the ring to break it up.

Jim Ross: Folks we are out of time, join us back here next week for more World Class Wrestling. Good Night!!

-Starrcade-

Thursday Night, November 28th
The Superdome
New Orleans, Louisiana

Nick Bockwinkel vs Bruiser Brody - World Class Heavyweight Title

The Midnight Express w/Jim Cornette vs The Islanders w/Jimmy Snuka - World Class Tag Team Titles- Steel Cage

The Spoiler vs Kerry Von Erich - Central States Title

Butch Reed vs Iceman King Parson - If Reed loses, he joins The Movement

World Class seems to be on a huge roll.

- I was excited to see the Fiesta Garden continuing in World Class.

-The AWA Wold Tag Title seems to have some drama down in Texas.  I was really excited at the idea of a heel vs heel match with the Highway Men and the Movement but that might have to wait as the Youngbloods are also laying claim to the title shot.  Great attention to detail here by making sure the Movement was far away during the #1 Contender's Match.

- Enjoy how you keep remembering the history of our game as you started off the Akbar/Patera mess with a reference to Patera's time in Stampede as a Sheik for Adnan.  I have always found Akbar to be a great promo and you knocked it out of the park.

-Bock's promo was spot on!  Awesome.

- I could watch Reed/Iceman every day!

Looking forward to Starrcade

Man, the road to Starrcade is really heating up! 

LOL, YES! The Fiesta Garden is back! They joke with Houston and things get real when Herc clotheslines Houston down! Didn't take Al long to make another enemy. 

Patera has a great showing but the returning Akbar sets him up for KAMALA! Kamala does a number on Patera! 

Next up Kevin comes in to try and shut Akbar up but the GRAPPLERS return and put Kevin down! One night in and Akbar changes the landscape of WCCW. I noticed Adams went along in the ambulance with Kevin. Adams is really trying. 

Wild tag team brawl and Watts has a solution as the Highwaymen and Youngbloods will wrestle for a shot at the Movement. 

Speaking of the Movement, I think they're up to something sneaky as the stakes are high for the Ice Man/Reed Starrcade match. 

Oh man Adias takes the mist from Kabuki! Adias will want some revenge! 

My favorite promo of the night goes to Bock. You have him down so well. He brought up some good points about Brody but Watts did as well. Bock is a smart man and has one heck of an insurance policy with Studd.

Man I cant wait for Starrcade! 

-11-16-84 from The Sports Arena in Amarillo, TX-

1) Kamala/The Grapplers (The Grappler/Grappler II) w/Skandor Akbar beat Brian Adias/The Glamour Boys (Steve Doll/Steve Simpson) in 14:19 when Kamala pinned Doll

2) Butch Reed over The Bounty Hunter in 4:38 w/Powerslam

3) Ken Patera and Hercules Hernandez wrestled to a Draw in 10:00

4) The Highwaymen (Phil Hickerson/Bobby Duncum) and The Youngbloods (Jay Youngblood/Mark Youngblood) wrestled to a Double Disqualification in 18:33

5) Chris Adams defeated Iceman King Parsons in 17:03 w/Superkick

6) Sam Houston beat Al Madril by Disqualification in 12:46 in a match for the Southwestern Title after Hercules Hernandez interfered.

7) Kerry Von Erich/Kevin Von Erich over The Spoiler/The Great Kabuki w/Gary Hart in 20:29 when Kevin pinned Kabuki

8) Bruiser Brody/Jimmy Snuka/The Islanders (Samu/Tonga Kid) defeated Nick Bockwinkel/Big John Studd/The Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton/Dennis Condrey) w/Jim Cornette in 42:34 when Tonga Kid pinned Eaton

-11-17-84 from The Lubbock Memorial Coliseum in Lubbock, TX-

1) Kamala/The Grapplers (The Grappler/Grappler II) w/Skandor Akbar beat Brian Adias/The Glamour Boys (Steve Doll/Steve Simpson) in 14:19 when Kamala pinned Doll

4) The Highwaymen (Phil Hickerson/Bobby Duncum) and The Youngbloods (Jay Youngblood/Mark Youngblood) wrestled to a Double Disqualification in 18:33

6) Sam Houston beat Al Madril by Disqualification in 12:46 in a match for the Southwestern Title after Hercules Hernandez interfered.

7) Kerry Von Erich/Kevin Von Erich over The Spoiler/The Great Kabuki w/Gary Hart in 20:29 when Kevin pinned Kabuki

8) Bruiser Brody/Jimmy Snuka/The Islanders (Samu/Tonga Kid) defeated Nick Bockwinkel/Big John Studd/The Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton/Dennis Condrey) w/Jim Cornette in 42:34 when Tonga Kid pinned Eaton

-11-18-84 from The Ector County Coliseum in Odessa, TX-

-11-19-84 from The Hemisfair Arena in San Antonio, TX-

-11-20-84 from The Frank Erwin Center in Austin, TX-

-Taped every Friday Night and aired to local affiliates in Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas, and Missouri throughout the weekend and broadcast across the United States every Sunday Night at 6:05 PM Eastern Time on the Superstation WTBS, the American Wrestling Association proudly presents World Class Wrestling, coming to you this week from the Sportatorium in Dallas!-

poPQTHD.jpg

Jim Ross: Hello everyone and Welcome to AWA World Class Wrestling! My name is Jim Ross and I am joined as always by "Cowboy" Bill Watts, and we are just days away from Starrcade! Tickets are selling fast for the Superdome, and the action here in World Class is heating up. We have quite a show for you tonight, tell them about it Bill.

Bill Watts: The main event is going to see The Youngbloods and The Highwaymen go best two out of three falls, and the winning team will move on to Starrcade to challenge The Movement for the AWA World Tag Team Titles. The man set to challenge The Spoiler for the Central States Title, Kerry Von Erich will be in action here tonight. "The Ugandan Giant" Kamala and the recently returned Alberto Madril are both set for in ring action, and right now we have six man tag team action involving The Islanders and "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka!

Jim Ross: The Islanders are set to challenge The Midnight Express for the World Class Tag Team Title inside of a steel cage at Starrcade, and Snuka has obtained a one night managers license to make sure that Jim Cornette doesn't get involved again.

Bill Watts: I invited that sissy to join us here tonight, but he told Bob Geigel that he and the Express were in intensive training for Starrcade.

Jim Ross: What do you think that means?

Bill Watts: Eaton and Condrey are probably working out while he sits around eating Twinkies!

Jim Ross: Heh! Let's head to the ring!

1 Fall, 15 Minute Time Limit

-Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka/The Islanders (Samu/Tonga Kid)  vs  Snake Brown/Bill Rathke/Jack Spade-

As you can imagine, it was a bad night for the enhancement talent. Spade took the worst of it as he ended up being the last one trapped in the ring. A huge powerslam from Samu, followed by a flying splash from Samu, followed by the Superfly Splash from Snuka and he probably wasn't getting up until Thanksgiving.

Winners: Jimmy Snuka/The Islanders

Snuka and The Islanders made their way to Marc Lowrance in the interview area. After a lot of incoherent grunting by the two Islanders, Snuka spoke.

Jimmy Snuka: Midnight Express....Da Islandahs coming for dose title belts. Jimmy Cornette….bruddah...you get in da way...Supahfly gonna put ya down!

Both Samu and Tonga kid stuck out their tongues and flexed as Snuka flashed the ILY sign and then they all headed to the dressing room as Marc Lowrance looked slightly concerned!

-Commercial Break-

Jim Ross: We are back Ladies and Gentleman, and it would appear that Snuka and The Islanders are more than ready for The Midnight Express and Jim Cornette.

Bill Watts: I'm sure Cornette is on the phone with his Mother begging for her to call for help.

Jim Ross: Up next, we have Kerry Von Erich set for singles action. Two weeks ago he won a wild battle royal for the opportunity to challenge The Spoiler for the Central States Title at Starrcade. I have to question his decision to compete here tonight.

Bill Watts: Kerry Von Erich is an athlete and a competitor. For him not to compete in front of these fans here in Dallas, you'd have to kill him. Think of this as a nice tune up for The Spoiler as he takes on another masked man.

-Kerry Von Erich  vs  The Bounty Hunter-

With the Sportatorium crowd cheering every move he made, Kerry made short work of his masked opponent. A big dropkick spelled the beginning of the end of the big man, and a Discus Punch put him down on his back. Von Erich could have ended it there, but he locked on The Iron Claw for good measure and that was all she wrote!

Winner: Kerry Von Erich

Kerry heads over and meets up with Marc Lowrance in the interview area.

Marc Lowrance: A big win tonight Kerry, adds to your momentum headings into Starrcade where you will challenge The Spoiler for the Central States Title. Your thoughts?

Kerry Von Erich: My thoughts Marc, are that The Spoiler had better be ready cause I'm coming to take that belt and bring it home to Texas!

Marc Lowrance: The Spoiler is a long time veteran of this sport who also uses the Claw, and he has Gary Hart in his corner. Have you been doing any special training to prepare for this one?

Kerry Von Erich: That Gary Hart has been a thorn in the side of the Von Erich family for a long time. But if The Spoiler thinks for a second that he is better at using The Iron Claw than a Von Erich, well Marc Lowrance he has another thing coming!

Marc Lowrance: Kerry, good luck on Thanksgiving night.

Kerry Von Erich: Thank You Marc, but with God, my brothers, and the people of Texas behind me, The Spoiler is the one who is gonna need luck!

Kerry throws his fist up into the air and the roar of the Sportatorium is nearly deafening as he walks away from the interview area.

-Commercial Break-

Jim Ross: We're back folks, and up next we have one of the Cowboys favorite people, Al Madril set for action.

Bill Watts: This arrogant loudmouth caused me trouble when he didn't even work here. I still can't get anyone to admit that they hired him.

Jim Ross: Maybe you can ask him on the Fiesta Garden!

Bill Watts: You know you can be replaced Jim!

-Al Madril w/Hercules Hernandez  vs  Brody Chase-

Madril is extra cocky this evening, slapping Chase in the face instead of locking up with him. An angry Chase charges Madril, but Al takes him over with a headlock and begins a wrestling lesson on the youngster. Madril takes several minutes just taking Brody from hold to hold, before finally locking him down in a Crucifix for the 1,2,3.

Winner: Al Madril

Madril and Hercules head over to the interview area, but before they can say a word, the place goes crazy as Sam Houston comes out to the ring wearing a pancho, a sombrero, and is followed by a Mariachi band playing the Mexican Hat Dance! Madril looks absolutely irate as Houston dances (badly) around ringside and finally comes to a stop near the interview area.

Al Madril: You think this is funny Houston?

Sam Houston: What's the matter Al, you can dish it out but you can't take it, muchacho?

Al Madril: How about I have Hercules dish out a beating you'll never forget punk!

Sam Houston: What's the matter? Can't fight your own battles.. Alberto?

Madril balls up his fists and turns around to Hercules. Herc whispers something to him, and a smile crosses the face of Madril.

Al Madril: You know what Sammy Boy, You're right. I need to fight my own battles. How about you and me settle this like men at Starrcade?

Houston appears to ponder it for a moment, then a big smile crosses his face.

Sam Houston: You got it...Pendejo!

Houston jumps backwards as Madril lunges for him and instead collides with the Mariachi band! Houston leaves the arena laughing as Hercules holds Madril back from beating up the musicians who are now running for their lives!

Jim Ross: Folks, it looks like the running of the bulls in here, we'll be right back!!

-Commercial Break-

Jim Ross: Welcome back to World Class Wrestling. We've gotten all of the musicians out of the arena, Al Madril and Hercules have headed to the back, and it looks like we have ourselves a Southwestern Championship match for Starrcade!

Bill Watts: I hope Houston smacks that stupid grin off the face of Madril.

Jim Ross: Well, I don't know about that, but I can tell you that young Shane Tylor won't be smiling because here comes Kamala....

-Kamala w/General Skandor Akbar & Friday  vs  Shane Tylor-

Kamala was on Tylor as soon as the bell rang blasting him with huge overhand chops to the head. A Big Splash followed and the pin was never in doubt.

Winner: Kamala

Kamala looked to be setting up Tylor for a second splash, but Ken Patera hit the ring and began firing away at The Ugandan Giant with punches. Patera whipped Kamala into the ropes and to the shock of everyone, caught him with a huge powerslam!!

Jim Ross: GOOD LORD COWBOY!! Patera just slammed Kamala like he was nothing!!!

Before Patera had a chance to celebrate his feat, The Grapplers hit the ring and swarmed him. The two of them were laying quite the beat down on Patera, when Chris Adams and Kevin Von Erich hit the ring and evened the odds. Before long Patera, Von Erich and Adams had ran the whole of Devastation Incorporated out of the ring and were begging them to come back and fight.

-Commercial Break-

Jim Ross: We're back folks and during the break another match was made for Starrcade. You want to tell them about it Cowboy?

Bill Watts: Well Jim, we are going to see six man tag team action as Devastation Incorporated of Kamala and The Grapplers will take on Ken Patera, Kevin Von Erich and Chris Adams.

Jim Ross: That is going to be huge Bill. Now it's time to find out who The Movement is going to defend the AWA World Tag Team Titles against. Youngbloods, Highwaymen, Two out of Three Falls. Let's head to the ring!!

Best 2 out of 3 Falls, 60 Minute Time Limit

-The Highwaymen (Bobby Duncum/Phil Hickerson) w/Paul Jones vs The Youngbloods (Jay Youngblood/Mark Youngblood)-

-Fall #1-

The moment the bell sounded The Highwaymen charged across the ring and attacked The Youngbloods from behind. They swiftly dumped Jay out to the floor and got Mark into position for a Spike Piledriver. They executed the move and Duncum covered Mark for the One, Two, Three.

The Highwaymen win Fall #1

As Hickerson and Duncum celebrated their quick victory, the referee was checking on Mark Youngblood. Jay Youngblood rolled back into the ring and was kneeling beside the referee and his brother as well. Referee Ron West began waving to the back and several members of the medical team came rushing to ringside.

Jim Ross: Folks, it would appear that Mark Youngblood has been injured by that Spike Piledriver. We are going to take a break while the medical team checks him out.

-Commercial Break-

As we return from commercial, Mark Youngblood is being loaded onto a stretcher and taken out of the arena. Jay Youngblood walks up the aisle with the stretcher, but when Marc Lowrance starts to announce The Highwaymen as the winners of the match, Jay turns and runs back down the aisle. He hits the ring and begins to shake his head No at both Lowrance and Ron West. He speaks to West and we can hear the referee saying "Are you sure" several times, and each time Youngblood nods an affirmative. The referee shakes his head and calls for the bell!

Jim Ross: Jay Youngblood is going to continue this match!!

Bill Watts: Sometimes your heart can overrule your brain Jim.

-Fall #2-

Jay Youngblood charged Phil Hickerson and unleashed a barrage of chops on him that had him reeling. Youngblood fired him into the ropes and nailed him with a big back body drop. Youngblood charged into the corner and dropkicked Bobby Duncum off of the apron. Youngblood quickly scaled the ropes and nailed Phil Hickerson with The Flying Tomahawk and covered him for the 1,2,3!!

The Youngbloods win Fall #2

Jim Ross: HE DID IT!!

Bill Watts: Jay Youngblood manages to use speed and anger to pick up a fall against The Highwaymen, but he still has to win another one!!

-Fall #3-

Youngblood attempted to use speed and deception to pick up another quick one, going after Hickerson again, but this time Duncum grabbed a handful of hair from the apron and jerked Youngblood to the ground. After that The Highwaymen went to work on Jay, making frequent tags, double teaming at every opportunity, and drilling him with high impact offense. It looked to be all but over for Youngblood, until Duncum decided to take Jay into the corner where Mark should be and started yelling "Where's your partner boy!!"

That fired Jay up, and he started throwing elbows into the stomach of Duncum until he released the headlock. Then the chops started coming hot and heavy until Duncum was trying to retreat. Youngblood grabbed two handfuls of hair, and smashed Duncum into the turnbuckle. He then climbed up and began dropping punches onto the face of Duncum. Hickerson came running, but Youngblood apparently heard him as he pivoted off the ropes at just the right moment and nailed the running Hickerson with a huge Tomahawk Chop between the eyes!!

Youngblood grabbed both Highwaymen, and gave them a big Double Noggin' Knocker as the crowd went crazy! Hickerson wobbled several steps and fell between the ropes to the floor, while Duncum did a full turn and toppled onto his back. Youngblood jumped onto him for the cover, but the referee wasn't counting because he was distracted by the presence of Paul Jones on the apron. Youngblood abandoned the pin and went over to where Jones and Ron West were arguing. Jay Youngblood shoved Ron West out of the way, and absolutely blasted Paul Jones with a huge right hand that sent him off the apron and to the floor.

However, the object that came out of his left hand and went sailing into the ring went unnoticed by both Jay Youngblood and Ron West. Bobby Duncum saw it, grabbed it, and had it in his hand in a flash. Satisified that Jones was no longer a factor, Youngblood went back to Duncum and began to pull him up by the hair. A fist to the midsection stopped Youngblood in his tracks. Duncum then got to his feet, and drilled the head of Youngblood into the mat with a DDT. Duncum covered Youngblood, and at the same time slid the foreign object out of the ring on the opposite side of where the referee was counting.

Winners: The Highwaymen

Jim Ross: You've got to be kidding me Cowboy!! Jay Youngblood almost single handidly took out both of these guys, but whatever that was that Duncum hit him with ended this match. That DDT was just for show.

Bill Watts: You are absolutely right Jim, but unfortunately Ron West didn't see it, and the decision of the Referee is final. The Highwaymen move on to face The Movement at Starrcade for the AWA World Tag Team Titles.

Jim Ross: Ladies and Gentleman, if you can join us on Thanksgiving Night at the Superdome for Starrcade, we encourage you to do so. If not, please be sure to tune in to the Superstation WTBS to catch all of the action. For "Cowboy" Bill Watts, I'm Jim Ross saying Good Night Everyone!

-Starrcade-

Thursday Night, November 28th
The Superdome
New Orleans, Louisiana

Nick Bockwinkel vs Bruiser Brody - World Class Heavyweight Title

The Midnight Express w/Jim Cornette vs The Islanders w/Jimmy Snuka - World Class Tag Team Titles- Steel Cage

The Spoiler w/Gary Hart vs Kerry Von Erich - Central States Title

The Movement vs The Highwaymen w/Paul Jones - AWA World Tag Team Titles

Sam Houston vs Al Madril  - AWA Southwestern Title

Butch Reed vs Iceman King Parson - If Reed loses, he joins The Movement

Kevin Von Erich/Chris Adams/Ken Patera vs Kamala/The Grapplers w/General Skandor Akbar

Brian Adias vs The Great Kabuki w/Gary Hart

Nice lead in show to Starrcade.  

I love your Bill Watts interviews.  You can just taste his hatred for Corny.

Seeing Patera slam Kamala with ease would be a site to see.

Reed vs Iceman with those stipulations is the one I am looking forward to the most.  Reed in the Movement could be huge.  If he joined in earnest, the Movement might be unstoppable but if he joined it, it could also be its downfall.  So many options... must be good to be you

I agree, really good lead in show for Starrcade.

Starrcade just might finally be the Islanders night. Islanders and Snuka look pretty pumped up for the Midnight Express however we all know Cornette will have something up his sleeve.

Kerry is ready for the Spoiler. Who will win the battle of the claws? Maybe Kerry will get the claw on Gary Hart LOL. I'm sure their Starrcade match will be a wild one. 

LOL Houston really dishes it out on Alberto tonight. Alberto running into the musicians was hilarious. Houston has the momentum but he better watch out for Herc. 

WOW! Patera powerslams Kamala! Grapplers, Kevin and Adams get involved which sets up a crazy 6 man tag for Starrcade.

Poor Mark is stretchered out right away. Jay does an awesome job fighting solo but there were just to many factors as the Highwaymen end up getting the Starrcade title match with The Movement. 

All this plus Bock defends against Brody! Starrcade is absolutely stacked and I'm sure will sell out the Superdome! I cant wait! 

-11-23-84 from The Sam Houston Coliseum in Houston, TX-

1) Chris Adams won a 25 Man Over the Top Rope Battle Royal for a Shot at the World Class Title

(The first 10 men eliminated were: Steve Doll, Grappler II, Sam Houston, Samu, Bobby Duncum, Steve Simpson, Kamala, Brian Adias, The Great Kabuki, and Hercules Hernandez)

(The next 7 matches were determined by order of elimination)

2) Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka beat Iceman King Parsons in 10:18 w/Superfly Splash

3) Kerry Von Erich and Jay Youngblood wrestled to a Draw in 15:00

4) Tonga Kid defeated The Grappler w/General Skandor Akbar in 13:05 w/Top Rope Splash

5) Al Madril beat Phil Hickerson w/Paul Jones by Disqualification in 9:49 when Madril tossed a chair he brought into the ring to Hickerson and then pretended to be unconscious on the mat when the referee turned around.

6) Butch Reed over The Spoiler w/Gary Hart in 14:58 w/Powerslam in a Non-Title Match

7) Bruiser Brody and Big John Studd battled to a Double Count Out in 8:04

8) Kevin Von Erich and Ken Patera wrestled to a Draw in 15:00

9) The Movement (Shaska Whatley/Tiger Conway Jr) and The Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton/Dennis Condrey) w/Jim Cornette wrestled to a Double Disqualification in 25:49 in a Title vs Title Match

10) Chris Adams defeated Nick Bockwinkel by Count Out in 31:12 in a match for the World Class Heavyweight Title

-11-24-84 from The Lake Charles Civic Center in Lake Charles, LA-

1) Chris Adams won a 25 Man Over the Top Rope Battle Royal for a Shot at the World Class Title

(The first 10 men eliminated were: Steve Doll, Grappler II, Sam Houston, Samu, Bobby Duncum, Steve Simpson, Kamala, Brian Adias, The Great Kabuki, and Hercules Hernandez)

4) Tonga Kid defeated The Grappler w/General Skandor Akbar in 13:05 w/Top Rope Splash

5) Al Madril beat Phil Hickerson w/Paul Jones by Disqualification in 9:49 when Madril tossed a chair he brought into the ring to Hickerson and then pretended to be unconscious on the mat when the referee turned around.

6) Butch Reed over The Spoiler w/Gary Hart in 14:58 w/Powerslam in a Non-Title Match

9) The Movement (Shaska Whatley/Tiger Conway Jr) and The Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton/Dennis Condrey) w/Jim Cornette wrestled to a Double Disqualification in 25:49 in a Title vs Title Match

10) Chris Adams defeated Nick Bockwinkel by Count Out in 31:12 in a match for the World Class Heavyweight Title

-11-25-84 from The Auditorium in Lafayette, LA-

-11-26-84 from The Riverside Centroplex in Baton Rouge, LA-

-Thursday November 28th-

-The Superdome-
-New Orleans, LA-
-Starrcade-

Nearly 20,000 fans have packed the The Superdome in New Orleans, Louisiana as AWA World Class Wrestling is set to present Starrcade! Television cameras are rolling, Jim Ross and Bill Watts are on commentary, Marc Lowrance is ready, let's head to the ring!

1) Brian Adias vs The Great Kabuki w/Gary Hart

Kabuki dominated the early portion of the match, but Adias was able to make a comeback and looked like he was going to win at several points. The end came when Adias attempted to give Kabuki the Russian Leg Sweep too close to the ropes, Kabuki held on causing Adias to hit the mat, and when he got back up, Kabuki nailed him with a Thrust Kick for the 1,2,3.

Winner: The Great Kabuki

2) Ken Patera/Kevin Von Erich/Chris Adams vs Kamala/The Grappler/Grappler II w/General Skandor Akbar & Friday

A wild six man from start to finish that saw everyone involved mix it up with each other. The end came when Kamala and Kevin Von Erich brawled out of the ring, Chris Adams and The Grappler tumbled over the top rope and to the floor on a crossbody block, and that left Patera and Grappler II in the ring. The masked man attempted to load something into his mask and headbutt Patera, but Ken was able to duck it, and then hooked Grappler II in the Full Nelson. Once Ken began swinging him, Grappler II submitted in no time.

Winners: Ken Patera, Kevin Von Erich, Chris Adams

3) Sam Houston vs Al Madril w/Hercules Hernandez - AWA Southwestern Title

Things got interesting early in this one as Referee Ron West caught Hercules trying to trip Sam Houston and ejected the big man from ringside. Madril worked over Houston pretty good, but Sam caught Al bent over for a backdrop and drove him face first into the mat. After that Houston was on the offensive and Madril was in a lot of trouble. Houston went for his patented Bulldog, but Madril was able to shove him off and Houston collided with the referee. Houston went back after Madril, but then Sunshine hit the ring! She clobbered Houston over the head with her obviously loaded purse and he dropped like a ton of bricks. Madril shook the referee awake and then casually covered Houston for the One, Two, Three. After the match both Sunshine and Hercules celebrated with the new champion as Houston had to be carried from the ring.

Winner, and new Southwestern Champion: Al Madril

4) The Movement (Shaska Whatley/Tiger Conway Jr) vs The Highwaymen (Bobby Duncum/Phil Hickerson) w/Paul Jones - AWA World Tag Team Titles

The fact that the match went fifteen minutes before the referee disqualified both teams is really a compliment to the four men involved. This was a master class in tag team cheating from pretty much the moment it started, and the fact that it took that long for it to be thrown out shows just how good all of them are at it. Double teams, eye rakes, low blows, choking, you name a way of cheating, and I guarantee you they probably attempted it. The referee finally threw the whole thing out when Tiger Conway blasted Duncum in the head with one of the Tag Team Titles, which normally would have been a DQ win for the Highwaymen, but when Duncum was falling over he dropped the chain that he'd been choking Shaska Whatley with, so the ref just said screw it!

Winner: Double Disqualification!

-Thursday Night November 28th-

-From the The Superdome in New Orleans, LA-

-AIRING LIVE ON-

aYc1YBu.jpg

e0ROQrO.png

A sweeping camera shot of the nearly 20,000 rabid fans who have packed The Superdome opens the show, and then we are taken to the commentary desk where Jim Ross is dressed in his finest suit and tie, and Bill Watts is wearing a dress shirt with an open suit jacket and a cowboy hat!

Jim Ross: Hello Everyone, and Welcome to Starrcade!! I am Jim Ross, joined by "Cowboy" Bill Watts right here on the Superstation WTBS, and we are so excited to be bringing you this double header here this evening with Continental Championship Wrestling!

Bill Watts: We have four huge matches lined up for our portion of this show, and the fans here at the Superdome are ready to get to it!

Jim Ross: Let's not keep them waiting Bill. Up first we have Iceman King Parsons of The Movement going one on one with "Hacksaw" Butch Reed. Parsons and The Movement have been trying to recruit Reed to their cause, and Reed has shown zero interest. So tonight they will fight, and if Parsons wins the match, Reed will join The Movement. However, if Reed picks up the victory, The Movement has agreed to never approach him again.

Bill Watts: Butch Reed does what Butch Reed wants. This Movement is fighting a losing battle trying to get him to do what they want.

1 Fall, 30 Minute Time Limit

-Butch Reed vs Iceman King Parsons-

Parsons tried to start the match with a handshake, which Butch accepted and then turned into a press slam! From there Reed powered Iceman all over the ring and beat him from pillar to post for the first several minutes of the match. Parsons finally managed to take control when he bailed to the floor and got Reed to follow him, and shoved Butch into the ringpost. Parsons then stayed on Reed wearing him down using his speed and keeping him grounded as much as possible.

Reed eventually fought his way back and looked to have Iceman well in hand, when Tiger Conway Jr arrived at ringside and began loudly berating Reed for being a traitor to the cause. Reed continued working on Parsons, but Conway was banging on the mat and saying things about Reed's family, which was when Butch finally had enough. Reed jumped out of the ring and popped Tiger Conway Jr in the mouth with a huge right hand.

Butch slid back in the ring and went back after Parsons, but soon Shaska Whatley was at ringside and he took up the catcalling alongside Conway. Reed whipped Iceman Parsons into the ropes, and nailed him with a huge powerslam. Whatley called out that Reed may as well just be one of the white devils, and Butch looked like he was about to leave the ring again, but Referee Alfred Neely was there telling him just to ignore it.

Reed climbed the turnbuckles and delivered his Shoulder Block from the Second Turnbuckle, but before he could cover Parson, Tiger Conway yelled out something that started with "You Uncle Tom...." but the rest of it was Bleeped out by the WTBS censors. Reed immediately bundled up both fists and ignoring Parsons headed for that side of the ring. Referee Alfred Neely got in front of Reed and implored him to stop, but Butch grabbed him and threw him to the ground.

Reed slid out of the ring ready to fight, but then saw that both Whatley and Conway were backing up the aisle with huge smiles on their faces. Reed looked confused for a moment, and then looked even more so when he heard the bell ringing behind him. Butch slowly turned around to see the Referee calling for the Disqualification from the canvas where Butch had thrown him. Parsons was sitting on the mat just behind him, and he also was grinning from ear to ear.

Winner, by Disqualification: Iceman King Parson

The look on Reed's face goes from confusion to anger as he realizes that he has been played by The Movement. He storms up the aisle and shoulders past Conway and Whatley on his way to the dressing room. Conway can be heard saying "Welcome to the Team Sucka" as the show goes to commercial.

-Commercial Break-

Bill Watts: I can't believe it Jim. Those three just conned Butch Reed into making himself part of their little gang.

Jim Ross: I don't know how this is going to work Ladies and Gentleman, but it appears that Butch Reed is now going to have to be part of The Movement. That makes them a whole lot more dangerous Cowboy.

Bill Watts: Butch Reed is a friend of mine Jim. This is disgusting. I can't believe he has to associate with these punks.

Jim Ross: Alright folks, it's time to get ready for our next match up. Back at Halloween Star Wars, The Spoiler won the Central States Title as a substitute. He has carried that title since then, but tonight he faces his biggest challenge in Kerry Von Erich.

Bill Watts: Von Erich won a battle royal to earn this shot, and with the Von Erich's long time rival Gary Hart managing The Spoiler, and The Spoiler also using the Claw as his primary weapon, there is a lot of bad blood under the surface in this one.

Jim Ross: Let's head to Marc Lowrance for the introductions!

1 Fall, 45 Minute Time Limit

-The Spoiler w/Gary Hart vs Kerry Von Erich - AWA Central States Title

A brawl from the moment the bell rang, Kerry and The Spoiler traded the advantage several times over the course of the match, and neither man seemed to have a clear advantage over the opening ten minutes. A big exchange of punches in the center of the ring left both staggered, but a leaping clothesline from The Spoiler gave him the advantage heading into the matches thirteenth minute. Spoiler wrenched the arm of Von Erich and walked across the top rope with ease and crashed down on Kerry leading to a very close two and nine tenths count. It was at that point that Spoiler locked on the Claw!

Kerry was caught in the center of the ring flat on his back with The Spoiler's Claw locked in, but managed to get his shoulder up at two. Kerry fought to his knees as the crowd rallied behind him, and then he locked The Iron Claw onto the stomach of The Spoiler! Both men were trapped in a battle of wills at that point, and shockingly it was The Spoiler who broke first, releasing his claw and elbowing Von Erich in the head. Spoiler pulled Von Erich to his feet and whipped him into the ropes, Spoiler extended his leg hoping to catch Kerry with a big boot, but Kerry ducked it.

Spoiler turned around and was nailed with a huge Discus Punch that sent him staggering backwards into the ropes. Kerry surged forward and whipped Spoiler into the ropes, nailing him with a huge dropkick on the rebound. Kerry then raised his hand into the air signalling for The Iron Claw! Kerry dropped down to the mat and sunk The Iron Claw onto the head of his masked opponent. Spoiler tried his best to pry the wrist away, but soon he wasn't moving and Referee David Manning counted the 1,2,3.

Winner, and New Central States Champion: Kerry Von Erich!

Jim Ross: Kerry Von Erich has done it! The Iron Claw has put down The Spoiler, and Kerry is the new Central States Heavyweight Champion!

Bill Watts: It was one heck of a fight, and you can't take a thing away from The Spoiler, but again that Von Erich Iron Claw has been proven superior.

Jim Ross: Since the merger between Mid-South and World Class under the AWA banner, none of the Von Erich's have held championship gold, tonight that.... WHAT THE HELL!!

As Kerry Von Erich was celebrating with his newly won title belt, a man wearing blue jeans and a polo shirt hit the ring behind him and chop blocked him in the back of his right leg.

Bill Watts: That's Greg "The Hammer" Valentine....

Jim Ross: WHAT IS HE DOING HERE!!

Kerry crashes to the mat clutching his knee, the Central States Title falling to the mat. Valentine drops a huge elbow onto the chest of Von Erich, and then shoves David Manning hard to the mat. Valentine grabs hold of the leg of Kerry Von Erich and sinks in the Figure Four Leglock. It's not long before a host of officials and security hit the ring to pull "The Hammer" off of Kerry.

Bill Watts: Go to commercial...

-Commercial Break-

Jim Ross: Welcome back Ladies and Gentleman. Before the break you saw the New Central States Champion Kerry Von Erich viciously attacked by Greg "The Hammer" Valentine. Valentine has been escorted out of the building by security, and Von Erich had to be helped to the back and was unable to put weight on his injured right leg.

Bill Watts: I knew Valentine had been signed to compete here in World Class Wrestling, but I didn't expect him to show up like this.

Jim Ross: If we get word on the condition of Kerry Von Erich before we go off the air tonight, we will be sure to pass it on to you.

Bill Watts: We wish him all the best Jim, but as they say, the show must go on.

Jim Ross: Indeed they do Cowboy. Up next, in a break from tradition, the World Class Heavyweight Title is on the line.

Bill Watts: Normally the Heavyweight Title match is the main event Jim, but since we are sharing time with our friends at Continental tonight, the Cage Match for the Tag Titles is going on last. But don't think for a moment that makes this any less important.

Jim Ross: Nick Bockwinkel has had a death grip on the World Class Title since winning it back on July Fourth, but tonight after surviving the brutal Chamber of Horrors match at Halloween Star Wars, Bruiser Brody is coming for the gold.

1 Fall, 60 Minute Time Limit

-Nick Bockwinkel w/Big John Studd vs Bruiser Brody - AWA World Class Heavyweight Title

This one wasn't so much about the match, but about the ending. However the match itself went down about as expected. Brody was dominant in the beginning, taking it to Bockwinkel and forcing him to take several sabbaticals to the floor, or sending him running for the ropes when things got to hot. The tides turned when Studd managed to trip up Brody, which allowed Nick to take over and tie big Bruiser up in some holds for a while. But it didn't take long before Brody came roaring back and had the champion on the defensive again. That leads us to the ending....

Brody scooped Bockwinkel up and paraded him around the ring in a one armed scoop slam, before sending him crashing to the mat. Brody then headed into the corner and looked ready to unleash the King Kong Knee Drop, but Big John Studd reached in and grabbed the foot of Brody. Bruiser wasn't having it this time, pivoting around and kicking Studd in the head with a furry boot. Brody quickly slid out of the ring and shoved Studd hard into the ringpost, and then headed back into the ring where Bockwinkel was starting to get up. Brody nailed him with a big boot that sent him right back down, and again positioned himself for the King Kong Knee Drop.

Just as Brody was about to go for the move, another person hit the ring, and Brody was blasted in the side of the head with a furry boot! Referee Ron West immediately called for the bell!

Winner, by Disqualification: Bruiser Brody

Jim Ross: THAT'S NORD THE BARBARIAN!

Nord blasted Brody in the side of the head with a boot to cause the DQ, then jumped on top of him and began to pummel him with lefts and rights. Soon Big John Studd was in the ring, and then both The Great Kabuki and The Spoiler were there. Soon all four men were stomping away at Brody, while on the other side of the ring, Gary Hart was helping Nick Bockwinkel to his feet.

Bill Watts: I knew it! I knew it all along.

Jim Ross: Hart and Bockwinkel appear to have been in cahoots this whole time, meanwhile four men are stomping the life out of Bruiser Brody. Wait a minute...here comes Jimmy Snuka. One of Brody's partners from Japan, Jimmy Snuka is coming to the ring!!

Snuka hits the ring and starts throwing chops at Spoiler and Kabuki, but then Bockwinkel comes from across the ring and blasts Snuka in the back of the head with the World Class Title. Snuka crashes to the mat, and now it is five on two men who are both down. Then a roar from the Superdome signals that someone else is about to join the festivities!

Bill Watts: Is that...

Jim Ross: Oh My God.....STAN "THE LARIAT" HANSEN IS IN WORLD CLASS WRESTLING!!!

Stan Hansen hits the ring and nearly decapitates The Great Kabuki with a Lariat! Nick Bockwinkel is quickly shoved out of the ring by Big John Studd, while Gary Hart also makes his exit. The Spoiler takes a swing at Hansen, but Stan ducks it and bounces off the ropes and absolutely levels The Spoiler with another huge Lariat. Nord eyes Hansen for a moment and then makes his exit, joining Hart, Bockwinkel, and Studd on the floor. Hansen is daring any of them to get in the ring, but once Nord and Studd collect Kabuki and Spoiler, the whole lot of them quickly make a hasty retreat to the locker room. The show goes to commercial with Stan Hansen checking on both Brody and Snuka.

-Commercial Break-

Jim Ross: Welcome back to Starrcade folks, and my goodness what we have just witnessed!

Bill Watts: Brody had Bockwinkel beat for that title tonight Jim.

Jim Ross: He certainly did Cowboy, but then Studd got involved, Nord the Barbarian, apparently under the employ of Gary Hart showed up and caused the DQ. The alliance between Bockwinkel and Hart that we've all suspected was revealed, and then when both Bruiser Brody and "Superfly" Snuka were being overwhelmed, Stan "The Lariat" Hansen showed up and cleaned house!

Bill Watts: The Hart/Bockwinkel alliance may have five men, but the trio of Brody, Snuka, and Hansen just might be able to stand up to five men in a fight.

Jim Ross: A war appears to be brewing for sure Cowboy. Speaking of which, it is time for our main event, and this war has been brewing for months. The Islanders have had several shots at The Midnight Express and the World Class Tag Team Titles, but each time Jim Cornette has had something up his sleeve to keep the titles with the Express. Tonight, they meet inside of a steel cage. If The Islanders don't win, they don't compete for the belts again as long as The Express are champions.

Bill Watts: Jimmy Snuka was supposed to be at ringside with The Islanders to counteract Cornette, but after being on the wrong end of that beating, we don't know his status.

1 Fall, 60 Minute Time Limit

-The Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton/Dennis Condrey) w/Jim Cornette vs The Islanders (Samu/Tonga Kid) w/Jimmy Snuka - AWA World Class Tag Team Titles - Steel Cage

All four men began fighting in the cage as soon as the bell rang. The Islanders took the early advantage and battered Eaton and Condrey against the cage, and soon Condrey was bleeding like a faucet. The Midnight Express turned the tide with a couple of low blows and worked over The Islanders for a bit, including Bobby Eaton dropping a huge elbow that scored a two count on Samu.

The Islanders eventually took back control, and a panicked Cornette was trying to shove his tennis racket under the cage to Eaton, but it wouldn't fit. The brawl continued and things were looking bleak for The Midnights. Cornette then began trying to toss the Tennis Racket over the top of the cage. The first time it didn't make it and nearly cracked him in the head on the way down, him sprawling on the ground to avoid it drew a huge laugh from the crowd. Undeterred, Cornette tossed it again, and this time managed to get it over the top and into the hands of Bobby Eaton.

A little too late, Jimmy Snuka came charging down the aisle and Cornette saw him coming, which led to a foot chase around the cage that ended with Snuka catching Cornette by the jacket. Cornette was practically begging for his life, but Superfly was having none of it and flattened Cornette with a huge double chop.

Meanwhile inside the cage, Eaton leveled Samu with the Tennis Racket, but then nearly had his head taken off by a Tonga Kid savate kick. A bloody Dennis Condrey grabbed Tonga from behind and was trying to drop him with a full nelson face slam, but Tonga managed to whip him over his shoulder. Tonga Kid grabbed the tennis racket and when Condrey started to get up, blasted him with it. He then waited for Eaton and did the same to him. Kid then scaled the turnbuckles and prepared to hit his patented Flying Splash, but decided to keep climbing and ascended to the top of the cage.

Tonga Kid looked down at Snuka who nodded, and Tonga flashed the I Love You hand sign before soaring off the top of the cage and crashing down on Bobby Eaton! Referee Alfred Neely counted One, Two, Three!!

Winners, and NEW World Class Tag Team Champions: The Islanders!!

Jim Ross: MY GOD WHAT A SPLASH!!! THE ISLANDERS HAVE DONE IT!!!

Bill Watts: Samu and The Tonga Kid are the new World Class Tag Team Champions!!

Jimmy Snuka enters the cage with the tag belts and presents them to The Islanders. After a quick group embrace, The Islanders scale the cage and hoist the belts high in the air!

Jim Ross: Ladies and Gentleman, Thank You so much for joining us for Starrcade. For Cowboy Bill Watts, I'm Jim Ross turning it over to our friends at Continental Wrestling!

Really cool image to begin the show.  Did you make it?  If yes... how?

Reed in the Movement....can't wait to see where this goes next.

Fun claw vs claw match... Kerry should make a good champ but he seems to have the ire of The Hammer.  This will be a nice feud.

Bock finds a way to survive and now Brody has to deal with more goons if he is ever going to get that belt.  Nice set up to another interesting angle.

The splash scene in the cage was vintage Jimmy Snuka... he seems to have taught the Kid well.  Wonder what is next for the Midnight Express.  I thought they would have made a great match for the Movement.

1 hour ago, kevinmcfl said:

Really cool image to begin the show.  Did you make it?  If yes... how?

The Starrcade logo, and the "A WTBS Special Presentation" picture were two separate images that I found on Google.

I just saved them, opened the Starrcade logo in Paint, then imported the WTBS logo on top of it. After that it was just a matter of lining them up the best I could. 

I don't have photo shop or anything like that. I wish I had the skills to create original logos!

Starrcade is the ultimate way to cap off Thanksgiving! 

Kabuki puts down Adias in a solid opener. 

Wild 6 man tag that gets the fans hopping. Patera's full nelson is really over now as he gives his team the big win. 

I knew Houston would have to watch out for Herc but I wasn't expecting Sunshine! Her loaded purse gives Alberto the win and title.

A match involving The Movement and Highwaymen of course would have to end in a double DQ LOL. 

Man The Movement really got one over on Reed tonight. Things just got very interesting. 

Up to this point, Kerry I'm sure got the biggest pop as he defeats Spoiler for the Central States title! The celebration is short lived as Greg the Hammer Valentine makes a shocking appearance to give Kerry a beating. Whoa what a moment! 

I thought Valentine's appearance was shocking but the surprises were only just beginning as Nord comes in and attacks Brody! But wait it isn't over as Hart's men join in proving that Bock and Hart were in cahoots! But wait there's more! STAN HANSEN hits the ring and goes wild on everybody! Man this was epic crazy! Talk about a Starrcade moment. 

I wondered how the main event could follow all of this but that image of Tonga Kid flying off the top of the cage did it! After an amazing chase the Islanders stand tall with the tag titles! This is what a satisfying pay off is all about. Great job! 

Starrcade was an amazing show packed with title changes, epic run ins and an awesome finish! Job well done.