Pro Wrestling Only

AWA World Class Wrestling

Blehschmidt

-Broadcasting live to our local affiliates in Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas, and Missouri, as well as in Syndication across these great United States, the American Wrestling Association proudly presents World Class Wrestling, coming to you this week from the Memorial Hall in Kansas City!-

F7oZ5gK.png

Jim Ross: Hello Everyone and Welcome to another....WHAT THE HELL!!

Jim Ross and Bill Watts scramble as someone comes crashing into the announce desk, knocking it over and sending the chairs flying. The camera zooms in and we see that the person is Al Madril, dressed in street clothes, but his shirt is torn and his face is covered in blood. Just behind him come all three members of The Fabulous Freebirds, each dressed in blue jeans and Badstreet U.S.A. t-shirts. Gordy yanks Madril up by the hair and tosses him over the desk, while Hayes marches over to the ring and jerks the microphone out of the hand of Marc Lowrance.

Michael Hayes: So the Von Erichs wanna call out The Fabulous Freebirds huh?

Gordy and Roberts begin just stomping the daylights out of Madril while Hayes watches with a big smirk on his face.

Michael Hayes: So the Von Erichs wanna challenge The Fabulous Freebirds to a loser leaves town match at Memorial Day Star Wars huh?

Gordy pulls Madril up by his hair and puts him in position for a piledriver. Roberts grabs one of the announcers chairs and climbs on it and grabs the feet of Madril. Together they deliver a spike piledriver onto the bloodied and beaten Madril.

Michael Hayes: I'm not sure them stupid Von Erichs understood that, you'd better show them again!

Gordy pulls the barely conscious Madril up again, while Roberts folds up the chair. This time Gordy piledrives Madril onto the steel chair!!

Michael Hayes: Now, just in case you two Texas idiots still don't understand. Challenge Accepted.

Hayes kicks the unconscious and heavily bleeding Madril in the head with the point of his cowboy boot.

Michael Hayes: But I think you're gonna need a new partner!

All three Freebirds laugh and then head to the back as a host of referee's, medical personnel, and officials swarm onto the scene. A very angry sounding Bill Watts can be heard yelling "GO TO BREAK!"

-Commercial Break-

As we return from break, Al Madril is on a stretcher and being taken out of the Memorial Hall. The announce desk has been set back up, and Jim Ross is sitting behind it, along with a special guest.....

Jim Ross: Ladies and Gentleman, welcome back to AWA World Class Wrestling. As you can see after the horrific attack by The Fabulous Freebirds, Al Madril is being taken to an ambulance and transported to the hospital. "Cowboy" Bill Watts has left the announce position to take care of business backstage, and as we all heard, The Fabulous Freebirds have accepted the challenge of Kevin and Kerry Von Erich to a Loser Leaves Town match at the upcoming Memorial Day Star Wars, though now the Von Erichs don't have a partner. As we now try to get back to the show we had scheduled for you, I am Jim Ross, and apparently joining me now is Percival Pringle III.

Percival Pringle III: You are quite welcome Jim Ross. I'm sure you will find my commentary both insightful and engaging, while bringing a wit and class that this show has been sorely lacking.

Jim Ross: Mmm hmmm. Well folks, we will do our best to bring you updates on the condition of Al Madril if and when we receive them. But for now let's head down to the ring where we are going to see the debut of an exciting new tag team, Steve Doll and Steve Simpson, The Glamour Boys.

1 Fall, 15 Minute Time Limit

-The Glamour Boys (Steve Doll/Steve Simpson) vs Snake Brown/Bill Rathke-

The Glamour Boys were a hit from the moment they walked out of the dressing room. Long blonde hair, tanned bodies, pink and blue tights with white boots, Quiet Riot's "Cum on Feel the Noize" blaring into the arena. The young girls were swooning, and then when they laid a pretty solid beating on Brown and Rathke for a couple of minutes, most of the rest of the crowd bought in as well. Lots of armdrags, dropkicks, and other high impact offense. The ending came when Doll mounted one turnbuckle and nailed Rathke with a huge Dropkick from the Top Rope, then Simpson scaled the buckle on the opposite side of the ring and delivered a Flying Splash for the victory.

Winners: The Glamour Boys

Jim Ross: A very impressive debut for these two young men here tonight. Lots of high impact athleticism and the tag team division had better be on alert. What do you think Percy?

Percival Pringle III: First of all, I think my name is Percival and that is how you will refer to me Mr. Ross. Secondly, while I must admit that these Glamour Boys did show off some impressive team work and some high flying offense, it would certainly take more than that to dethrone a pair of ruffians like the men who are currently in possession of the World Class Tag Team Titles.

Jim Ross: We will see the AWA World Class Tag Team Champions Black Bart and Ron Bass defend those titles tonight in our main event when they take on the team of Scott Casey and Johnny Mantell.

Percival Pringle III: It's nice of the office to give them a tune up match before the real title defenses begin!

Jim Ross: Casey and Mantell have quite the record in tag team competition here in World Class wrestling and.....it appears that we have more unexpected guests here this evening.....

"General" Skandor Akbar and Big John Studd along with Kim Duk are heading to ringside as the Kansas City crowd reigns the boo's down upon them. They join Marc Lowrance at ringside.

Marc Lowrance: Ladies and Gentleman, please welcome General Skandor Akbar and the members of Devastation Incorporated to ringside. Though they do appear to be missing someone.

Skandor Akbar: Shut Up Lowrance! Yes, we are short a member this evening. That is because Kim Duk and Yatsu had irreconcilable differences that were settled away from prying American eyes in an ancient Japanese martial arts tradition. Since you see Kim Duk standing before you, you can guess who won that battle. Next week his new partner will arrive from Japan and the tag team division will never be the same.

Marc Lowrance: Fair enough. Last week, your man Big John Studd and the AWA World Class Heavyweight Champion The Junkyard Dog had a tense moment. Do you have..

Skandor Akbar: I thought I told you to shut up Lowrance! Of course I have something to say! Last week The Junkyard Dog decided to run his mouth and he said "any time you want to try it, sign your name on the dotted line." Well JYD, we did exactly that. So at Star Wars, you will be defending that World Class Heavyweight Title against six feet, ten inches and three hundred and seventy pounds of Big John Studd!

Big John Studd: DOG! I hope you know all the tricks. Because when I get hold of you, you're gonna beg, then pretty soon you'll roll over, and if you're smart you'll play dead. Cause if you don't, I'm gonna put you down like Ol' Yeller.

Skandor Akbar: That title is coming to Devastation Inc!!

Akbar, Studd, and Duk head back to the dressing room to another resounding chorus of boo's.

-Commercial Break-

Jim Ross: Welcome back folks! Before the break we learned that Big John Studd will challenge The Junkyard Dog for the AWA World Class Heavyweight Title at the upcoming Memorial Day Star Wars event. What do you think of that Percival.

Percival Pringle III: I think that a talent the caliber of John Studd would be better off with a manager the caliber of me!! I also think The Junkyard Dog had better count the days he has left carrying that belt!

Jim Ross: Riveting. Let's head down to the ring where The Russians are set to compete in tag team action.

-The Russians (Krusher Darsow/Boris Zhukov) vs Italian Stallion/Brody Chase-

The Russians were fired up tonight and wasted no time this evening. Brody Chase never even got to make a tag as Darsow and Zhukov just pounded on him unmercifully, made frequent tags, and never let him out of the Russian corner. The end came when Zhukov lifted Chase onto his shoulders and Darsow clotheslined him off. Zhukov made the cover and The Russians headed for Marc Lowrance.

Winners: The Russians

Marc Lowrance appears to be about to speak when Darsow yanks the microphone out of his hands.

Krusher Darsow: DID YOU SEE THAT ROAD WARRIORS? Comrade Zhukov and I have been overlooked and disrespected around here long enough! WE WILL NOT BE IGNORED ANY LONGER! So Hawk, Animal, we hear you are coming to the Star Wars to defend those AWA World Tag Team Titles. We are daring you to defend them against the favorite sons of the Soviet Union.

Boris Zhukov: UNLESS YOU ARE SCARED ROAD WARRIORS!

Krusher Darsow: Krusher Darsow, Comrade Zhukov, and the great leaders in the Kremlin await your answer.

Darsow shoves the microphone into the chest of Marc Lowrance, and The Russians storm back to the dressing room amidst a chorus of boos.

Jim Ross: The Russians have challenged The Road Warriors to a match for the AWA World Tag Team Titles at Memorial Day Star Wars. I for one can't see The Road Warriors backing down from any challenge.

Percival Pringle III: Obviously not. I mean, someone must have challenged them to get those haircuts, why else would you.

Jim Ross: Well Percival, I have some news for you. Right now we are going to a video that was sent to us by the AWA World Heavyweight Champion, Hulk Hogan concerning you and your One Man Gang!

We cut to a video of the AWA World Heavyweight Champion Hulk Hogan standing against an AWA banner.

"Hey there AWA World Class Wrestling, this is the AWA World Heavyweight Champion, Hulk Hogan. Last week the One Man Gang, and his manager Percy Pringle came out and laid down the challenge for Memorial Day Star Wars. Well let me tell you something One Man Gang! You may be nearly seven feet tall, and you may weigh close to four hundred and fifty pounds, but when I come down to the Reunion Arena in Dallas, Texas on Memorial Day, Brother. I am going to have the people behind me, and I am going to fight you with everything I've got. So whatcha gonna do Gang, when I lift you up and bodyslam you in the center of that ring, and Hulkamania runs wild on you!"

Percival Pringle III: He accepts? He accepts. HE ACCEPTS!!

Jim Ross: Well, Percy Pringle has just left the announce position laughing like a lunatic. I suppose I will have to personally thank Hulk Hogan for that when he arrives in World Class on Memorial Day! Folks, we'll be right back.

-Commercial Break-

1 Fall, 10 Minute Time Limit

-"Dr. D" David Schultz vs Charlie Cook-

This match opens with a smiling Schultz offering a handshake to cook, accepting it, and then drilling him with a huge left hand. Schultz then doesn't let go of the hand and just keeps peppering Cook with left hands until referee Rick Hazzard threatens a DQ. Schultz then releases the hand and begins stomping the fallen Cook. Schultz picks Cook up, piledrives him, then heads to the corner and delivers his Second Rope Elbow Drop for the victory.

Winner: David Schultz

Marc Lowrance catches David Schultz as he is leaving the ring.

Marc Lowrance: David Schultz, this is the first time we have seen you since your loss to The Junkyard Dog in the finals of the Heavyweight Title Tournament.

David Schultz: That's how you want to start this? Are you stupid or something?

Marc Lowrance: I'm just saying..

Schultz tears the microphone out of the hand of Marc Lowrance and draws back to slap him, causing Lowrance to quickly run away from Schultz.

David Schultz: YOU AIN'T SAYING NOTHING! NOW GET OUTTA HERE BEFORE I SLAP YOU SILLY BOY!!

Schultz starts to follow Lowrance, but instead turns back and looks into the camera.

David Schultz: Alright, fine. Maybe Dr. D didn't bring home the gold. But when the odds are stacked against you, there's only so much you can do, ya understand me? Two nights before I fought for the title, I went out and wrestled Barry Windham for near a half hour. Now I don't like Barry Windham, but I gotta admit that he's a heck of an athlete and a good wrestler. It was a hard match, but the Doctor one baby!

That same night, what did The Junkyard Dog do? Well he was supposed to wrestle Terry Gordy, but when they got to the ring the office came out and made up a bunch of rules so that the Dog wouldn't have his feelings hurt or something, and then while Gordy was distracted, Dog attacked him from behind and pinned him in about ten seconds flat.

So we get to the Reunion Arena on Sunday, and there I am beat up from a fight, while he'd done nothing, and I start beating him anyway. I mean I was beating that boy like I owned him, but every time I tried to pin him, that referee was counting like he was the second coming of Bronko Lubich or something, and eventually I got tired of hitting him. I'm not saying the fix was in, but unless your blind or Von Erich stupid, I think you know it was.

So let me tell ya what Dr. D is gonna do......

AWA World Class newcomer Sam Houston walks by Dr. D as he is ranting. Schultz pauses and his eyes grow wide as the youngster passes.

Nevermind, I ain't gonna tell you nothing. I'll show ya....

-Sam Houston vs Bob Bradley-

Houston doesn't even have his cowboy hat and chaps off when Schultz blasts him from behind. Dr. D is ruthless, kicking Houston repeatedly in the gut and dropping knees to the back of the head. Schultz stops the assault long enough to the clothesline Bob Bradley when he ventures too close to the carnage, then resumes stomping Houston in the head. Schultz yanks Houston up the hair, slaps him hard across the face, then positions him and delivers a piledriver.

Winner: No Contest

Schultz rolls back out of the ring and retrieves the microphone he left behind.

David Schultz: JUNKYARD DOG! If you beat Studd, you got another date with the Doctor boy!!

-Commercial Break-

Jim Ross: Ladies and Gentleman, I would like to apologize for both the comments and the actions of one David Schultz. We were supposed to see the in ring debut of Sam Houston, but thanks to Schultz, we have yet another wrestler receiving medical attention here tonight. I've still not received any word on the status of Al Madril, but we continue to wish him the best. On that note, let's head to the ring for our main event of the evening.

1 Fall, TV Time Remaining

-Ron Bass/Black Bart vs Scott Casey/Johnny Mantell - AWA World Class Tag Team Titles

The opening minutes of this match saw Casey and Mantell work over Black Bart after he attempted to get the jump on Casey, but ended up eating a big arm drag for his troubles. After that the two youngsters kept Bart in the corner, made frequent tags and worked him over. Bart was finally able to connect with a big clothesline on Mantell during an Irish whip and tag out to Bass. "The Outlaw" came in and went to work on Mantell, wrenching on his neck, dropping knees to his head, and slamming him repeatedly. The work on Mantell continued for a bit, until it was Mantell who ducked a Bass clothesline and was able to tag in Scott Casey. Casey came in like a pistol shot and was throwing haymakers at Bass, and then at Bart who came into the ring. Casey dropkicked Bart out of the ring, then nailed Bass with a big atomic drop and a clothesline. Casey called for the Bulldog and waited for Bass to get back up. Unfortunately for Casey, he got too close to the ropes, and Black Bart cracked him across the back with a steel chair. Referee David Manning quickly called for the DQ.

Winners, by Disqualification: Scott Casey/Johnny Mantell

Johnny Mantell hopped off the apron and charged at Bart, but was met with a skull crushing chair shot that dropped him to the arena floor in an instant. Bart tossed the chair into the ring to the recovering Bass who caught it. David Manning attempted to take the chair from Bass, but was met with a kick to the midsection, and then Bass slammed the chair across his back. Bass then turned his attention to Scott Casey who was starting to get up and cracked him in the head with the chair.

Bart tossed a now heavily bleeding Johnny Mantell into the ring and followed him in. He hoisted Mantell up by the hair, and Bass smashed him in the head again. Mantell collapsed, and a bloody smear was left on the chair. With both men down, Bart and Bass left the ring with huge smiles on their faces.

Jim Ross: This is absolutely disgusting folks. We've had more wrestlers in need of medical attention tonight than I've ever seen.

Blackjack Lanza comes down to ringside and begins to check on Casey and Mantell, the two men he has been mentoring. He motions to the back for medical personnel, and fails to see that Black Bart and Ron Bass have returned to the ring. The boo'ing of the crowd alerts Lanza that something is happening and he turns to face the Tag Team Champions.

Bart and Bass have grins a mile wide as they prepare to assault Lanza, but an eruption from the crowd, and Lanza's look of grim determination changing to one of surprise alerts them that someone new has joined the equation....

Jim Ross: MY GOD....THAT'S BLACKJACK MULLIGAN!!

Mulligan hits the ring and absolutely blasts Black Bart with a right hand, while Lanza kicks a distracted Ron Bass hard in the face with a cowboy boot. The Champions immediately scramble to get out of the ring, grab the title belts, and head for the dressing room. Lanza and Mulligan stand staring at one another as medical personnel flood the ring to check on Scott Casey and Jonny Mantell. Finally after several long moments, The Blackjacks shake hands and give each other a half hug as the crowd goes crazy!

Jim Ross: LADIES AND GENTLEMAN, THE BLACKJACKS HAVE REUNITED AND THE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS ARE RUNNING FOR THEIR LIVES! TUNE IN NEXT WEEK, WE ARE OUT OF TIME!!!

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW!  World Class just as I remembered it.  Chaos every where!  Love the Freebirds at the opening.  Nice job getting the hook into all the TV fans and hyping up Star Wars at the same time.  JYD has his hands full but somehow I think he might manage.  Hogan vs OMG! ... cant wait!  Perfect Cowboys match up for Texas with Bass and Bart vs the Blackjacks!

WOW! What a wild show! 

That might of been the best opening to a show I've ever read. Freebirds absolutely destroy Madril! This is exactly what the Birds needed to reestablish themselves as the top heels.

Glamour Boys look good in their TV debut. 

Liked that explanation for Yoshi's departure. 

Russians issue a challenge to the Road Warriors. That will be one hard hitting match up. 

It's official JYD vs. Studd! YES! 

Shultz is GOLD! Awesome promo and then follows it up with an attack on the debuting Houston. Just a great segment.

Oh man the Blackjacks are back for one last ride! 

Fantastic job! 

Amazing opening with the Freebirds destroying Al Madril.....and it's just managed to get more chaotic from there!

Loved Pringle as the co-host, hope to see more of this.

Great promo from "Dr. D" and love the attack on Houston in his debut....what a great way to make it impactful while making him sympathetic in the process, very well done.

Bart and Bass continue to get heat and show they are serious champions.....and the Blackjacks are back together.

A stellar episode of television here.....kudos from top to bottom...just amazing stuff!

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 10:16 PM, spaldoni said:

WOW! What a wild show! 

That might of been the best opening to a show I've ever read. Freebirds absolutely destroy Madril! This is exactly what the Birds needed to reestablish themselves as the top heels.

Glamour Boys look good in their TV debut. 

Liked that explanation for Yoshi's departure. 

Russians issue a challenge to the Road Warriors. That will be one hard hitting match up. 

It's official JYD vs. Studd! YES! 

Shultz is GOLD! Awesome promo and then follows it up with an attack on the debuting Houston. Just a great segment.

Oh man the Blackjacks are back for one last ride! 

Fantastic job! 

The Birds needed that. They were losing way too much.
JYD/Studd should be a war.

-5-18-84 from the Municipal Auditorium in Topeka, KS-

1) Sam Houston over Tiger Conway Jr in 8:47 w/Bulldog

2) The Glamour Boys (Steve Doll/Steve Simpson) beat Bob Bradley/Pete Doherty in 7:12 when Simpson pinned Doherty

3) One Man Gang w/Percival Pringle III defeated Scott Casey in 8:34 w/747 Splash

4) The Russians (Krusher Darsow/Boris Zhukov) beat The Batten Twins (Brad/Bart) in 9:19 when Darsow pinned Brad Batten

5) Terry Gordy over Chick Donovan in 11:17 w/Piledriver

6) The Islanders (Samu/Tonga Kid) and The Fabulous Freebirds (Michael Hayes/Buddy Roberts) wrestled to a Draw in 20:00

7) Hercules Hernandez  defeated Joe Lightfoot in 10:29 w/Backbreaker

8) Big John Studd w/Skandor Akbar beat Brett Wayne Sawyer in 7:09 w/Reverse Bearhug

9) Kerry Von Erich/Kevin Von Erich over Black Bart/Ron Bass in 24:04 when Kevin pinned Bart (this was a non-title match)

10) Barry Windham/The Junkyard Dog beat David Schultz/Dick Murdoch by Disqualification in 16:28 when Schultz hit JYD with a chair.

-5-19-84 from the Levitt Arena in Wichita, KS-

1) Sam Houston over Tiger Conway Jr in 8:43 w/Bulldog

2) The Glamour Boys (Steve Doll/Steve Simpson) beat Bob Bradley/Pete Doherty in 7:14 when Doll pinned Bradley

3) One Man Gang w/Percival Pringle III defeated Scott Casey in 8:38 w/747 Splash

4) The Russians (Krusher Darsow/Boris Zhukov) beat The Batten Twins (Brad/Bart) in 9:29 when Darsow pinned Bart Batten

5) Terry Gordy over Chick Donovan in 11:07 w/Piledriver

6) The Islanders (Samu/Tonga Kid) and The Fabulous Freebirds (Michael Hayes/Buddy Roberts) wrestled to a Draw in 20:00

7) Hercules Hernandez w/Percival Pringle III defeated Joe Lightfoot in 10:09 w/Backbreaker

8) Big John Studd w/Skandor Akbar beat Brett Wayne Sawyer in 7:21 w/Reverse Bearhug

9) Kerry Von Erich/Kevin Von Erich over Black Bart/Ron Bass in 25:12 when Kevin pinned Bart (this was a non-title match)

10) Barry Windham/The Junkyard Dog beat David Schultz/Dick Murdoch by Disqualification in 16:46 when Schultz hit JYD with a chair.

-5-20-84 from the Convention Center in Tulsa, OK-

1) Sam Houston over Tiger Conway Jr in 8:49 w/Bulldog

2) The Glamour Boys (Steve Doll/Steve Simpson) beat Bob Bradley/Pete Doherty in 7:11 when Simpson pinned Bradley

3) One Man Gang w/Percival Pringle III defeated Scott Casey in 8:29 w/747 Splash

4) The Russians (Krusher Darsow/Boris Zhukov) beat The Batten Twins (Brad/Bart) in 9:23 when Darsow pinned Brad Batten

5) Terry Gordy over Chick Donovan in 11:11 w/Piledriver

7) Hercules Hernandez w/Percival Pringle III defeated Joe Lightfoot in 10:18 w/Backbreaker

8) Big John Studd w/Skandor Akbar beat Brett Wayne Sawyer in 7:26 w/Reverse Bearhug

9) Kerry Von Erich/Kevin Von Erich over Black Bart/Ron Bass in 23:59 when Kevin pinned Bart (this was a non-title match)

10) Barry Windham/The Junkyard Dog beat David Schultz/Dick Murdoch by Disqualification in 18:02 when Schultz hit JYD with a chair.

-5-21-84 from the Myriad Convention Center in Oklahoma City, OK-

1) Sam Houston over Tiger Conway Jr in 8:58 w/Bulldog

2) The Glamour Boys (Steve Doll/Steve Simpson) beat Bob Bradley/Snake Brown in 7:42 when Doll pinned Brown

3) One Man Gang w/Percival Pringle III defeated Scott Casey in 8:31 w/747 Splash

4) The Russians (Krusher Darsow/Boris Zhukov) beat The Batten Twins (Brad/Bart) in 9:10 when Zhukov pinned Brad Batten

5) Terry Gordy over Chick Donovan in 10:49 w/Piledriver

7) Hercules Hernandez w/Percival Pringle III defeated Joe Lightfoot in 10:30 w/Backbreaker

8) Big John Studd w/Skandor Akbar beat Brett Wayne Sawyer in 8:00 w/Reverse Bearhug

9) Kerry Von Erich/Kevin Von Erich over Black Bart/Ron Bass in 25:02 when Kevin pinned Bart (this was a non-title match)

10) Barry Windham/The Junkyard Dog beat David Schultz/Dick Murdoch by Disqualification in 16:15 when Schultz hit JYD with a chair.

-5-22-84 from the Memorial Auditorium in Wichita Falls, TX-

1) Sam Houston over Tiger Conway Jr in 8:49 w/Bulldog

2) The Glamour Boys (Steve Doll/Steve Simpson) beat Bob Bradley/Snake Brown in 7:12 when Simpson pinned Brown

3) One Man Gang w/Percival Pringle III defeated Scott Casey in 10:21 w/747 Splash

4) The Russians (Krusher Darsow/Boris Zhukov) beat The Batten Twins (Brad/Bart) in 7:59 when Darsow pinned Brad Batten

5) Terry Gordy over Chick Donovan in 10:57 w/Piledriver

7) Hercules Hernandez w/Percival Pringle III defeated Joe Lightfoot in 9:59 w/Backbreaker

8) Big John Studd w/Skandor Akbar beat Brett Wayne Sawyer in 7:39 w/Reverse Bearhug

9) Kerry Von Erich/Kevin Von Erich over Black Bart/Ron Bass in 28:58 when Kevin pinned Bart (this was a non-title match)

10) Barry Windham/The Junkyard Dog beat David Schultz/Dick Murdoch by Disqualification in 19:09 when Murdoch punched referee David Manning

56 minutes ago, SirEdger said:

Those Islanders wins over the Freebirds are a big upset to me. Especially considering how big the Freebirds are in the territory. But that's again the beauty of the game! :)

They were Draws! 

But yeah, probably still an upset. I have big hopes for The Islanders.

-Broadcasting live to our local affiliates in Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas, and Missouri, as well as in Syndication across these great United States, the American Wrestling Association proudly presents World Class Wrestling, coming to you this week from the Sportatorium in Dallas!-

F7oZ5gK.png

Jim Ross: Hello Ladies and Gentleman, and welcome to AWA World Class Wrestling. We are just days away from Memorial Day Star Wars and the action here has never been hotter. My name is Jim Ross, and returning to the announce position this week is "Cowboy" Bill Watts.

Bill Watts: Glad to be back Jim. After the chaos of last weeks show, I am hoping things go a bit smoother this week. But tempers are high heading into Star Wars, so we'll see.

Jim Ross: Any updates on the condition of Al Madril or Johnny Mantell?

Bill Watts: John Mantell suffered a very serious concussion at the hands of Black Bart and Ron Bass. I can't say when or if we will see him back here in World Class wrestling. Meanwhile, Al Madril suffered a neck injury from the piledriver and required stitches from the laceration he received. Al insists on still competing at Star Wars, but the doctors would not clear him to do so, so the AWA Board of Directors have deemed him ineligible to compete.

Jim Ross: He can't be taking that well.

Bill Watts: You can say that again.

Jim Ross: We will hear from the Von Erich's a little later on tonight. In the meantime, let's head down to the ring for our opening contest.

-Brett Wayne Sawyer vs Tom Lintz-

Sawyer made the most of his World Class television debut, roughing up Lintz with punches and several slams early in the contest. He then caught him with several armdrags, and a couple nice looking dropkicks. Finally he nailed a beautiful Flying Crossbody from the top rope and hooked the leg for the 1,2,3.

Winner: Brett Wayne Sawyer

Jim Ross: Brett Sawyer looked great in there tonight Cowboy!

Bill Watts: He sure did Jim. Tonight was a warm up for him, as World Class officials have chosen him to compete against the AWA World Lightweight champion, The Dynamite Kid at Memorial Day Star Wars. It is going to be a big step up in competition for Sawyer, but they feel he is ready.

Jim Ross: That's gonna be one heck of a match Cowboy! We'll be right back with tag team action!

-Commercial Break-

As the show returns, Marc Lowrance is standing in the ring with "General" Skandor Akbar.

Skandor Akbar: Last week I told you people that Kim Duk had to dispose of his old partner. So now let me introduce you to the two men who will lead Devastation Incorporated to those World Class Tag Team Titles. Kim Duk and his new partner who asks that you refer to him as, Mr. Saito!

-Kim Duk/Mr. Saito w/Skandor Akbar vs The Batten Twins (Brad/Bart)-

This was certainly not the debut the Batten Twins were looking for, as Duk and Saito were unmerciful, storming the ring and going straight at them. Bart got the easier time of it, getting immediately Saito Suplexed onto his head, and then rolling out to the floor where he remained for the rest of the match. Brad on the other hand, got to stay in the ring and get beaten on by Duk who got quite a bit of joy from chopping and kicking Batten. When he dropped him on his head with the Reverse Piledriver, the match was definitely over, but Duk never bothered to pin him, instead tagging in Saito. Another brutal Saito Suplex followed, then Saito simply placed a foot on the chest of the fallen Batten and the referee probably could have counted to a thousand.

Winners: Kim Duk/Mr. Saito

Akbar heads over to Marc Lowrance, and is soon joined by Duk and Saito.

Skandor Akbar: Bigger! Stronger! Deadlier! My new Japanese duo will destroy any team who dares get in the ring with them! I hear that Jay and Mark Youngblood from the Carolina's are going to be here on Memorial Day. Well, make the match for Star Wars! My Deadly Japanese Killers are challenging the Youngbloods to come see who the baddest team in World Class is!!

Akbar, Duk, and Saito head back to the dressing room as the Texas crowd boo's them heartily.

Jim Ross: Akbar lays down the challenge for The Youngbloods to take on Duk and Saito! I for one would love to see that match Cowboy.

Bill Watts: Duk and Saito made short work of the Battens tonight, and this Saito seems to be a very mean man. But The Youngbloods are a top rated tag team in the AWA. That would certainly be an epic clash, and I have to believe the Board will do their best to make it happen.

Jim Ross: Okay folks, let's take a quick break, and when we return you will see the man who is going to challenge Hulk Hogan for the AWA World Heavyweight Title at Star Wars, the One Man Gang in action!!

-Commercial Break-

-One Man Gang w/Hercules Hernandez & Percival Pringle III vs Paul Garner-

Paul Garner decided to take his shot and charged the Gang as soon as the bell rang. When he bounced off the shoulder of the big man and landed hard on his back, he realized he'd made a terrible mistake. When the girth of OMG landed on him with a big elbow drop, that was pretty much all she wrote. But OMG was here tonight to show Hulk Hogan what he was planning for him, so Garner got whipped into the corner and avalanched, he got slammed hard in the middle of the ring, and then the 747 Splash turned the lights out.

Winner: One Man Gang

Marc Lowrance is joined at ringside by The Pringle Dynasty

Marc Lowrance: Percival Pringle, a dominant showing by the One Man Gang just days before he challenges Hulk Hogan for the AWA World Heavyweight Title.

Percival Pringle III: That's right Marc Lowrance. My One Man Gang is ready, he is ready to head to the Reunion Arena and he is ready to squash Hulk Hogan like he just squashed whoever that guy in the ring was. It doesn't matter to my One Man Gang you see. He came from the mean streets of Chicago, where he fought anyone and everyone who got in his way, so whether it was that guy, or whether it is Hulk Hogan, he is gonna knock 'em down and then crash onto them with the 747, and that will be all she wrote. Then that AWA World Title will be mine all mine!!

Marc Lowrance: I also understand that at Memorial Day Star Wars, there will be a 10 man battle royal, and the winner of that match will go on to challenge Hercules Hernandez for the World Class Television Title that very same night. Your thoughts on that Mr. Pringle?

Percival Pringle III: My thoughts are that a normal man at the absolute peak of his game barely stands a chance at defeating Hercules. Let alone a man who has already fought nine other men to get that shot. So, on behalf of Hercules, please allow me to thank the World Class Board of Directors for essentially giving Hercules the night off!

Marc Lowrance: Night off? You'll be facing an unknown competitor for the title.

Percival Pringle III: Does Hercules look concerned? Do I look concerned? The only person who needs to be concerned right now is Hulk Hogan, because his time is running out!

Pringle promptly walks away from the microphone and is followed by Herc and the Gang. Marc Lowrance shrugs and we head back to the commentary position.

Jim Ross: A supremely confident Percy Pringle thinks he and his men have things well in hand heading into Memorial Day Star Wars.

Bill Watts: Hercules opponent may have to survive a battle royal, but they can all train for a match against Hercules. Hercules has absolutely no idea who he'll be facing that night and can't prepare at all. The element of surprise is dangerous, and that arrogance may come back and cost him Jim.

Jim Ross: Alright Cowboy, we have to take a break, but when we come back, the reformed Blackjacks are gonna be in action, and I know you are excited for that.

Bill Watts: Oh Yeah! Two rough tough old cowboys back for another ride, and looking for a little revenge. I love it!

Jim Ross: We'll be right back folks!

-Commercial Break-

-The Blackjacks (Blackjack Mulligan/Blackjack Lanza) vs Snake Brown/Bob Bradley-

The Blackjacks enjoyed this one, taking some time and working over both Brown and Bradley. Frequent tags, and a greatest hits tour of both mens moves followed. The Texas crowd even cheered for someone other than a Von Erich using the Claw when Mulligan slapped it on Bob Bradley. A Lanza piledriver on Snake Brown would be the last straw in this one, as Jerry Usher countered the three.

Winners: The Blackjacks

Marc Lowrance is waiting as Lanza and Mulligan join him at ringside after the contest.

Marc Lowrance: Gentleman, I have just been informed that you will be competing at Memorial Day Star Wars against Black Bart and Ron Bass for the World Class Tag Team Titles.

Blackjack Lanza: You two come out here and wanna play tough guy, and you hurt my friend John Mantell real bad. Well, you two are about to find out what happens when you mess with real tough guys.

Blackjack Mulligan: Bart, Bass. I seen you out here with your black hats like your the bad guy in some Clint Eastwood movie or something. On Memorial Day, the original outlaws are going to show you what two real bad old cowboys can do to two pretend punks like you. Shine them belts up real nice boys, cause they're coming home with The Blackjacks.

Marc Lowrance: There you have it folks!

Jim Ross: The Blackjacks look more than ready for another rodeo, and Bart and Bass better be prepared for a fight.

Bill Watts: You got that right Jim. I'm here to tell ya, old Cowboys love a good fight!

Jim Ross: Next up, we have young Barry Windham who has been at war with Dick Murdoch taking on Tiger Conway Jr. who recently turned on his partner Charlie Cook.

Bill Watts: Two young men with something to prove. Should be a good one.

-Barry Windham vs Tiger Conway Jr-

Conway is displaying a new arrogant attitude along with some new ring gear tonight. He offers Windham a handshake but pulls back and pats his afro when Windham tries to accept. Barry nods and the two commence to wrestling. The opening minutes see a fairly back and forth technical exchange with Windham getting the upper hand. Conway ends up taking control when he rakes the eyes of the big Texan, and what follows is several minutes of underhanded tactics. Windham regains control when he comes off an Irish whip and rocks Conway with a big Lariat. Windham ends up putting Tiger away a couple minutes later with a Bulldog.

Winner: Barry Windham

Jim Ross: Big Barry Windham comes away with another win tonight. He'll be looking to keep that going when he steps into the ring with his rival Dick Murdoch at Star Wars.

Bill Watts: Those two have had several encounters now, and each match has been fantastic, but neither one feels like anything has been settled. They've asked to meet again, so at Star Wars, we'll have it.

Jim Ross: Fans, let's take a quick break, and we'll be back with Michael Hayes of The Fabulous Freebirds in action!

-Commercial Break-

1 Fall, 20 Minute Time Limit

-Michael Hayes w/Terry Gordy & Buddy Roberts vs Hombre De Oro-

Before Hayes and his masked opponent even have a chance to lock up, the Sportatorium explodes as Kevin and Kerry Von Erich come to ringside. They grab the microphone from Marc Lowrance and march up the steps and into the ring. Before, the Von Erichs have made it all the way into the ring, both Terry Gordy and Buddy Roberts have slid under the bottom rope and taken up position on each side of Michael Hayes.

Just as a fight seems primed to break out, a herd of referee's, security, and backstage personnel come from the back and make a line in the center of the ring, dividing the Von Erich's and The Freebirds. Michael Hayes calls for a second microphone....

Michael Hayes: You boys come out here to go ahead and tell these Texas idiots that you're leaving cause you can't find a partner!

A huge round of boo's from the crowd nearly drowns out Michael Hayes.

Michael Hayes: You can boo me all you want, but it's the truth! After what we did to Al Madril, ain't nobody gonna team with these two!

Kevin lunges at Michael Hayes, but all five men are being held back by the swarm of people in the ring.

Kevin Von Erich: If you'd just shut up for a darn second Michael Hayes, we'd tell you why we come out here, and it certainly isn't to forfeit to a coward like you!

Michael Hayes: Blah, blah, blah. You can talk all you want, but I only see two of you.

Kevin Von Erich: You Freebirds have been nothing but a thorn in the side of the Von Erich Family since the day you got here. We are so excited to get rid of you, you got no idea. We are...

Michael Hayes: Oh the Von Erich Family! I get it! You are gonna drag your tired old Daddy out of retirement again aren't ya!!

Buddy Roberts: Nah Michael, they are gonna call their runt brother Mike and have him come fight us. I hear he is gonna wrestle for Verne now!!

Michael Hayes: Well I suppose they'd have to call him, it's not like they can call Davi...

Kerry nearly leaps over the line of people in the center of the ring, and he manages to catch Hayes with a big punch to the mouth on that comment. The Sportatorium crowd goes silent for a moment before unleashing a huge round of angry boo's.

It takes nearly a full minute for the people in the ring to get things calmed back down, and when they do Kerry Von Erich has the microphone.

Kerry Von Erich: Hayes, you showed up here and acted like you were my friend. Then on Christmas night a year and a half ago inside that cage, you and Gordy double crossed me and cost me the World Title.

Michael Hayes: That's ancient history Von Erich. We beat you up that night, and we've beaten you up a whole bunch of times since then. Quit wasting our time, you got a partner or don't ya?

Kerry Von Erich: You and I weren't the only only people in the cage that night Michael.....

Michael Hayes: What the hell does that mean?

"It means they have a partner pal!"

Hayes turns around to see Hombre De Oro standing behind him. Before Michael has time to react, the masked man drops him with a huge right hand to the jaw!

Buddy Roberts charges the masked man and is met with a brutal knife edge chop that sends him flying out between the top and middle rope to the floor. Gordy grabs a stunned Hayes, and bails to the floor where the Freebirds regroup with Roberts.

Kerry and Kevin come to stand next to the masked man and Kerry hands him the microphone, the man reaches up and pulls off the mask to reveal...

"NATURE BOY" RIC FLAIR!!

"FREEBIRDS!! YOU'VE DONE IT NOW!! YOU PUNKS SHOULD'VE LEFT AL MADRIL ALONE, CAUSE NOWWWWW..... YOU GOTTA DEAL WITH THE NAITCHAA BOY!!! HA HA HA!!!

The Sportatorium crowd is going crazy as Flair stares wild eyed at The Freebirds and both Von Erichs have huge smiles on their faces. Flair turns and slaps both Kevin and Kerry on the chest before speaking again.

THEY SAY...the enemy of your enemy is your friend. Well I'm here to tell you that Ric Flair, and The Von Erich's, we aren't friends. We've been enemies a time or two, BUT WHAT WE HAVE....IS RESPECT. RESPECT FOR ONE ANOTHER, respect for this business, and respect for the wars we've fought.

YOU KNOW WHAT YOU THREE HAVE? NOTHING!

You don't respect them. You don't respect me. Most of all, you don't respect this business! The business, that I have given my blood, my sweat, and my tears to become the best in the world at....AND THAT...that makes you the enemy.....

SO...COME MEMORIAL DAY....AT THE STAR WARS....RIC FLAIR...THE NNNAITCHA BOY....AND THE VON ERICHS....COME TOGETHER...ONE TIMMMEEE.....HA HA HA...

...to rid World Class Wrestling of The Fabulous Freebirds once and for all.. and whether you like it, or whether you don't...LEARN TO LOVE IT, cause when the Pride of Texas and Ric Flair come together, it's the best thing going today. WOOOO!

The show goes off the air as Flair struts, the Von Erichs look ready for a fight, and The Fabulous Freebirds have an absolute meltdown at ringside.

Great set up show for Star Wars! 

Brett Wayne gets a solid debut win as he tunes up for a shot at the Light Heavy title.

Duk and Saito play huge spoilers as they beat up the Battens in their debut. Akbar's team seem more than ready for the Youngbloods.

OMG continues his path of destruction and Hogan is the next obstacle. That will be one hard hitting contest.

Percy and Herc are more than confident heading into Star Wars to face the winner of the battle royal.

I really like the Blackjacks one more ride storyline. Can they beat Bass and Bart for the titles?

Barry gets a win over the new Tiger Conway. I hope Tiger gets a bit of push. I like his new character here.

And then we get probably the biggest surprise in WCCW's history as RIC FLAIR announces he's teaming with the Von Erich's!!!!!! Man, what a TV moment!

Star Wars is going to be epic!!! Your build to the event has guaranteed an enormous crowd.  

-5-25-84 from the North Side Coliseum in Fort Worth, TX-

1) Terry Gordy won a 21 Man Battle Royal for a Shot at the World Class Heavyweight Title. (The order of elimination determined the matches for the rest of the card, other than the 2 tag team matches)

2) The Islanders (Samu/The Tonga Kid) defeated The Bounty Hunter/Bob Bradley in 4:14 when Samu pinned The Bounty Hunter

3) Ron Bass beat Brett Wayne Sawyer in 9:19 w/Gourdbuster

4) Steve Doll and Joe Lightfoot wrestled to a Draw in 10:00

5) Krusher Darsow over Buddy Roberts in 7:11 when Darsow hit Roberts with the chain as the referee was throwing the brass knuckles Roberts brought into the ring, out of the ring.

6) Sam Houston defeated Boris Zhukov by Count Out in 8:44

7) Dick Murdoch over Scott Casey in 9:02 w/Brainbuster

8) Kerry Von Erich and Barry Windham wrestled to a Draw in 10:00

9) Kevin Von Erich beat Black Bart in 8:57 w/Flying Crossbody

10) Chick Donovan over Steve Stimpson in 7:30 w/Roll Up

11) Hercules Hernandez defeated Tiger Conway Jr in 6:59 w/Backbreaker

12) David Schultz and Michael Hayes wrestled to a Double Disqualification in 4:12

13) Kim Duk/Mr. Saito over The Batten Twins (Brad/Bart) in 7:28 when Saito pinned Bart

14) The Junkyard Dog defeated Terry Gordy by Disqualification in 18:47 when Michael Hayes and Buddy Roberts interfered. Kerry and Kevin Von Erich ran in for the save

-5-26-84 from the Frank Erwin Center in Austin, TX-

1) Michael Hayes won a 21 Man Battle Royal for a Shot at the World Class Heavyweight Title. (The order of elimination determined the matches for the rest of the card, other than the 2 tag team matches)

2) The Islanders (Samu/The Tonga Kid) defeated The Bounty Hunter/Bob Bradley in 4:14 when Samu pinned The Bounty Hunter

3) Tiger Conway Jr beat Scott Casey in 7:48 w/a hand full of tights

4) Barry Windham and Terry Gordy wrestled to a Draw in 10:00

5) Hercules Hernandez defeated Sam Houston in 9:58 w/Backbreaker

6) David Schultz over Buddy Roberts by Count Out in 7:32

7) Ron Bass beat Chick Donovan in 8:17 w/Gourdbuster

8) Kevin Von Erich defeated Steve Doll in 8:28 w/Flying Crossbody

9) Black Bart over Brett Wayne Sawyer in 7:59 w/ Second Rope Legdrop

10) Dick Murdoch and Krusher Darsow wrestled to a Double Disqualification in 8:08

11) Boris Zhukov beat Joe Lightfoot in 9:01 w/Diving Headbutt

12) Kerry Von Erich defeated Steve Simpson in 7:40 w/Discus Punch

13) Kim Duk/Mr. Saito over The Batten Twins (Brad/Bart) in 7:28 when Saito pinned Bart

14) The Junkyard Dog defeated Michael Hayes by Disqualification in 18:47 when Terry Gordy and Buddy Roberts interfered. Kerry and Kevin Von Erich ran in for the save