Pro Wrestling Only

AWA World Class Wrestling

Blehschmidt

I really like the push DJ Peterson is getting. Add a battle royal win to his resume. 

JYD is looking strong with some C.O. wins over Herc.

Islanders are having good matches. I'm hoping they will get a shot at the Midnight Express.

Grappler and Windham had some good draws. Keeps both guys strong.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-Broadcasting live to our local affiliates in Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas, and Missouri, as well as in Syndication across these great United States, the American Wrestling Association proudly presents World Class Wrestling, coming to you this week from the Memorial Hall in Kansas City!-

F7oZ5gK.png

Jim Ross: Hello everyone, and welcome to another exciting week of AWA World Class Wrestling! I'm Jim Ross, and joining me as always is "Cowboy" Bill Watts!

Bill Watts: Thank You Jim. We have a big week of action here tonight, as we will here a response from the Heavyweight Champion, The Junkyard Dog to the words of David Schultz from last week. We will have Hercules Hernandez defending the Television Title, and we will have two more qualifying matches for the big Central States Title tournament that will take place at the upcoming Independence Day Star Wars.

Jim Ross: That's one heck of a line up Bill. I understand that you also have announcement later on this evening concerning our new Tag Team Champions, The Midnight Express.

Bill Watts: That's right Jim. Bob Geigel and the Board of Directors have some thoughts about the way things went down last week, but we'll get into that a little later on this evening.

Jim Ross: I look forward to it Cowboy. Let's head down to the ring where Hercules is set to defend the Television title.

1 Fall, 15 Minute Time Limit

-Hercules Hernandez w/Percival Pringle III vs Joe Lightfoot - AWA World Class Television Title

Hercules rushes Lightfoot before the bell rings and just decimates him with a clothesline. Once the bell rings, this is a totally one sided affair as Hercules just beats on him with clubs across the back, more clotheslines, and then finally hoists him up into the Over the Shoulder Backbreaker for the victory.

Winner, and still AWA World Class Television Champion: Hercules Hernandez

Marc Lowrance is waiting for Hercules and Pringle outside of the ring as they exit.

Marc Lowrance: Another defense of the Television Title in the books, and..

Percival Pringle III: Quiet down Lowrance, and allow the viewers at home to gaze at my Hercules! Look at him, he barely broke a sweat in that ring tonight. He has no competition for this title. No mere mortal can even come close to defeating him.

A cheer goes up from the crowd as DJ Peterson comes down the aisle and marches straight to the interview area.

Percival Pringle III: What do you want!!

DJ Peterson: No one can come close? I seem to remember taking him to his limit at Star Wars until time ran out!!

Percival Pringle III: YOU DIDN'T BEAT HIM!!

DJ Peterson: All I need is one more chance.

Percival Pringle III: Out of the question. You had your chance.

DJ Peterson: You afraid I'll whip your meal ticket? Fat Man!!

Hercules lunges past Pringle and tries to hit Peterson with the belt, but with both Pringle and Lowrance in the way, doesn't manage to get a clean hit. Immediately Hercules and Peterson begin to brawl, as Lowrance runs for cover and Pringle is knocked to the floor.

It goes on for close to a minute, and just as Peterson begins to get the upper hand, a herd of security and officials reach ringside and break it up. Pringle grabs the Television Title off the floor and rushes himself and Hercules backstage. A fuming Peterson is given a huge ovation from the crowd as he is pushed back to the locker room by security.

-Commercial Break-

Jim Ross: Welcome back folks, just before the commercial break we saw Hercules Hernandez make another defense of the Television Title. But after the match DJ Peterson who took the champion to a time limit draw back on Memorial Day came looking for a rematch.

Bill Watts: That loud mouth Pringle didn't seem keen on that idea, and next thing we knew Herc and DJ were going at it. I have to think the championship committee will be looking long and hard at making that one happen.

Jim Ross: I sure hope so Bill. Up next we have our first of two qualifying matches for the upcoming Central States Title tournament. Tonight these men are wrestling for a spot in the tournament, while the tournament itself will take place at the upcoming Independence Day Star Wars show.

Bill Watts: Competing in this match will be the masked newcomer known as The Nightmare. A stocky, barrel chested bruiser who possesses a devastating piledriver. He'll be taking on Jay Youngblood, who is going to take a shot at some singles gold while his younger brother recovers from an injury.

Jim Ross: This should be an outstanding contest Cowboy. Let's head to the ring.

1 Fall, 30 Minute Time Limit

-Jay Youngblood vs The Nightmare-

The Nightmare powered Youngblood to the canvas out of the collar and elbow and then blasted him with a clothesline. He scooped Youngblood off the canvas and planted him with a big bodyslam. For the next several minutes, The Nightmare would maintain control with an arsenal of power moves. The tide would shift on an Irish whip when Nightmare went for a back body drop, but Youngblood vaulted over him into a sunset flip. A stunned Nightmare managed to kick out at two, but Youngblood took the offensive and began to lay into the masked man with punches and chops, and finally a big dropkick that sent him to the mat. Youngblood would keep the advantage for several minutes working over Nightmare with a chinlock, some more blistering chops, and a big suplex. Finally Youngblood went up top and delivered the Flying Tomahawk and covered for the three count and the win.

Winner: Jay Youngblood

Jim Ross: Jay Youngblood picks up a big win against The Nightmare and advances to the Central States Title Tournament.

Bill Watts: The Nightmare looked great out there tonight, but Youngblood was able to absorb what he dished out and come back to pick up the win.

Jim Ross: We still have one more qualifying match a bit later on, but right after this break, I am being told that the World Class Heavyweight Champion, The Junkyard Dog will be joining us for comments!

-Commercial Break-

Marc Lowrance: Welcome back Ladies and Gentleman, Marc Lowrance here with the AWA World Class Heavyweight Champion, The Junkyard Dog. Last week "Dr. D" David Schultz was out here and he made some terrible comments before laying out a challenge to you JYD. Your response?

JYD: Marc Lowrance, I been dealing with idiots like David Schultz spouting nonsense like that my whole life. I learned when I was just a little pup not to let it get under my skin if you know what I'm saying. But if that dumb redneck wanna come out here and challenge me to a fight, well that's where I gotta draw the line! Because the Dog ain't never backed down from a fight, and I sure ain't gonna start now! So David Schultz, you wanna wrestle me again for this Heavyweight Title, then let's do it my man, and let's do it on the Fourth of July at the Star Wars!

Marc Lowrance: There you have it Ladies and Gentleman! The Junkyard Dog and "Dr. D" David Schultz for the World Class Heavyweight Title at Independence Day Star Wars!

JYD: If that boy's a doctor, I hope he's ready to perform surgery, cause that's the only way he's gonna get my boot outta his butt!

JYD barks to the cheers of the crowd and holds the World Class Heavyweight Belt in the air as he heads to the back.

Jim Ross: There you have it folks, JYD accepts the challenge of David Schultz, and we have our Heavyweight Championship match set for Independence Day Star Wars.

Bill Watts: I never doubted for a minute that the Dog wouldn't accept the challenge of Schultz, and while he may claim the comments don't bother him. Believe me when I tell you that when he starts punching Doctor D, he'll be thinking about them!

Jim Ross: I don't doubt that for a minute Cowboy. Alright, up next we have our second Central States Title Tournament qualifying match. It will see young Sam Houston, a talented youngster taking on another man making his debut in this version of World Class Wrestling, "Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin.

Bill Watts: Underneath the big hair, the sequins, and the preening, Garvin is a talented wrestler and he's been around these parts before. Houston as you mentioned is an up and comer who has a bright future ahead of him. Garvin likely has the advantage here, but Houston should never be counted out.

-"Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin w/Precious vs Sam Houston-

We started with some strutting, and some stalling, and then some more stalling. By the time Garvin finally locked up, Houston was irate and while he got off an initial flurry of offense, Garvin went straight to the floor so that Precious could check his hair and rub his shoulders. Houston followed him out, chased him around the ring, and then got kicked hard in the head when he followed him back in. After that, it was all control from Garvin who kept it nice and slow and worked his match, until he finally finished Houston off with a nasty Brainbuster.

Winner: Jimmy Garvin

Marc Lowrance: I am here with your winner Jimmy Garvin and the lovely Precious.

Jimmy Garvin: Am I looking good tonight or what Marc Lowrance? ... No need to answer that, I already know the answer. When Precious and I got the call to come to AWA World Class I knew I would be going straight to the top, but if I'd known it was going to be this easy, I'd have been here months ago! Now I'm qualified for the Central States tournament, so we are already on the road to gold, and if there is one thing my Precious loves it gold. Ain't that right baby?

Precious nods and continues to rub the muscles in the arms of Garvin.

Jimmy Garvin: Now if you'll excuse us Marc Lowrance, the champagne is on ice, the limousine is waiting, and we want nothing more than to get as far away from Kansas City as we can!

Garvin and Precious leave to a chorus of boo's as Lowrance shrugs his shoulders.

-Commercial Break-

When we return Bill Watts is standing in front of the ring holding a microphone.

Bill Watts: Ladies and Gentleman, last week we all saw Jim Cornette and his Midnight Express arrive here in World Class wrestling and win the Tag Team Titles from The Blackjacks. We also all saw them cheat to do it. Well over the course of the last week, the Board of Directors here in World Class including Bob Geigel and myself had a meeting to discuss that match and the title change.

Dressed in a pink suit with a red shirt and a white tie, carrying his trusty tennis racket, Jim Cornette comes marching out from the back and is already ranting by the time the microphone Watts is holding picks him up.

Jim Cornette: ..if you think for a second that you are just gonna take those titles away from us Watts, I will have my Mother's lawyers sue you and everyone involved with this redneck company so fast that you won't be able to afford to pay attention!

Bill Watts: No one said anything about taking the titles away from your men. I voted for that to happen, but the decision of the referee is final, and we stand behind our officials.

Jim Cornette: Oh, well good, maybe you idiots have a lick of sense after all.

Bill Watts: But the Board of Directors has decided to grant The Blackjacks a rematch for those titles, next week on this television program.

Jim Cornette: We didn't agree to that..

Bill Watts: and since we'll be at the Sportatorium in Dallas next week, we've decided it should be a Texas Tornado match with all four men in the ring at once!

Jim Cornette: WHAT!

Bill Watts: It will also be No Count Out and No Disqualification.

Jim Cornette: You can't do this! This is ridiculous! I'm calling my Mother right now!

Watts draws back like he is going to hit Cornette with the microphone, and Cornette quickly takes off toward the dressing room still in a frantic state. Watts makes his way back to the announce position, where Jim Ross is sitting with a smirk on his face.

Jim Ross: Heh. Folks, we'll be right back!

-Commercial Break-

When we return Marc Lowrance is standing at ringside with Barry Windham and another wrestler who is tall, and blonde, but very skinny.

Marc Lowrance: Ladies and Gentleman, I am here with Barry Windham and a special guest.

Barry Windham: Thanks Marc. Ladies and Gentleman, this is a special moment for me. This guy standing next to me is my little brother Kendall. He's just signed a contract with AWA World Class and will be making his debut real soon. He's been...

"YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!!"

Both Windhams and Marc Lowrance turn to see Dick Murdoch making his way to ringside with a bemused look on his face. He walks over to Lowrance and grabs the microphone.

Dick Murdoch: It's bad enough that I've had to spend the last two months smacking you around boy, now there's gonna be another one of you running around here? What's next, is your daddy gonna wrestle here too? Look at this kid! I've have fence posts that are bigger round than him. Is this some kinda joke or something?

Barry Windham: He could take you Murdoch.

Dick Murdoch: Yeahhh... If I lost to that tooth pick, I'd never show my face around here again.

Kendall Windham: Then get in the ring if you got the guts!

Kendall pulls off his shirt and rolls into the ring in his blue jeans and cowboy boots. Murdoch gets the same goofy grin on his face and pulls off his t-shirt, which he throws at Barry, before sliding into the ring.

Jim Ross: Do we have a match?

Bill Watts: What the heck! Ring the bell!!

1 Fall, TV Time Remaining

-Dick Murdoch vs Kendall Windham-

As soon as the bell rings, Murdoch charges Windham who side steps him and uses his momentum to shove him into the buckle, Kendall then drops down and cradles him for the One, Two, Thre...KICK OUT!! Murdoch pops to his feet and Kendall takes him over with a side headlock. Kendall is quickly back up and nailed Murdoch with a huge dropkick that staggers him into the ropes. Kendall goes for an Irish whip, but Murdoch reverses it and catches a big knee to the guts as Kendall comes off the ropes. The look of amusement returns to the face of Murdoch as he drops Kendall to the mat with a huge punch. Murdoch jerks him off the mat by the hair and gives him a huge bodyslam, and follows it with another.

Murdoch yells something at Barry, before picking Kendall up and laying another hard knee into the midsection. Murdoch yells out "Watch This!" and then hits Kendall with a very nice dropkick of his own. Again Murdoch yanks him up by the hair and puts him in position for the Brainbuster. Then a big smile crosses his face and he shakes his head as if to say not yet, and instead slaps him hard across the face. Murdoch then whips Windham into the ropes, and leans down for a back body drop. On the rebound, Kendall leap frogs over Murdoch and as Murdoch stands up, the rebounding Kendall catches him and plants him face first with a huge Bulldog!! Kendall quickly rolls Murdoch over and referee Jerry Usher counts One, Two, Three!!!

Winner: Kendall Windham

Jim Ross: HE GOT HIM!!

Barry is in the ring in a flash and hoists his celebrating brother in the air, as a stunned Dick Murdoch stares at them in disbelief. The Windhams continue to celebrate as the KC crowd goes nuts, and Murdoch rolls out of the ring and heads to the back shaking his head with a look of shock on his face.

Bill Watts: I don't think saw Dick Murdoch saw that one coming Jim.

Jim Ross: He certainly didn't Cowboy.

Bill Watts: Maybe he can go commiserate with Cornette!

Jim Ross: Ha! Maybe so. Well folks, on a night where Jay Youngblood and Jimmy Garvin qualified for the Central States Title Tournament. Where we learned The Blackjacks will meet The Midnight Express in a Tornado match for the Tag Team Titles next week. Where we learned The Junkyard Dog and David Schultz will clash for the Heavyweight Title at Star Wars, and where we saw Kendall Windham shock the world. This is Jim Ross, for Bill Watts saying Goodnight Everyone!

Cant wait for the next Herc/Peterson match! Talk about hard hitting. 

Nice qualifying matches as Jay Youngblood looks good over the Nightmare and Jimmy Jam defeats Houston. Jimmy Jam and Precious are back home.

JYD and Dr. D at Star Wars! YES! That will draw nothing but money. 

LOL, Cornette has a fit as it's announced the Blackjacks get another shot, this time in a tornado match. Those Blackjacks do pretty well in those types of matches. 

HUGE UPSET! Little brother Kendall comes in and defeats Murdoch on TV! Needless to say, Kendall just got over quick with the fans. 

Great job building up DJ Peterson so far, on paper I wouldn't give Peterson a chance against Herc, but with everything that has gone on so far, I have to believe he has a real chance at becoming TV Champ!

Great debuts for Garvin and Kendall Windham....both hit the ground running with impressive wins!

Great job with the Cornette promos so far....I could hear/see every bit of that exchange with Watts, looking forward to the rematch next week.

-6-15-84 from the Municipal Auditorium in Topeka, KS-

1) The Glamour Boys (Steve Doll/Steve Simpson) defeated Snake Brown/The Bounty Hunter in 5:18 when Doll pinned Brown

2) The Moondogs (Spot/Cujo) beat Italian Stallion/Scott Casey in 6:11 when Cujo pinned Italian Stallion

3) The Movement (Tiger Conway Jr, Elijah Akeem, Kareem Muhammad) over Chick Donovan, Joe Lightfoot, Jules Strongbow in 7:14 when Conway pinned Lightfoot

4) The Blackjacks (Blackjack Mulligan/Blackjack Lanza) beat Kim Duk/Tetsuo Pogo in 8:27 when Mulligan submitted Pogo

5) DJ Peterson defeated The Nightmare in 7:54 w/ Second Rope Shoulderblock

6) The Islanders (Samu/The Tonga Kid) over Ron Bass/Black Bart in 14:47 when Samu pinned Bart

7) Hercules Hernandez w/Percival Pringle III beat Sam Houston in 8:08 w/One Armed Backbreaker

8) The Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton/Dennis Condrey) w/Jim Cornette defeated Barry Windham/Kendall Windham in 25:44 when Eaton pinned Kendall

9) The Junkyard Dog/Kerry Von Erich/Kevin Von Erich/Jay Youngblood and David Schultz/Jimmy Garvin/The Grappler/Mr. Saito w/Precious wrestled to a Draw in 60:00

-6-16-84 from the Levitt Arena in Wichita, KS-

1) The Glamour Boys (Steve Doll/Steve Simpson) defeated Pete Doherty/Snake Brown in 5:08 when Simpson pinned Doherty

2) The Moondogs (Spot/Cujo) beat Italian Stallion/Scott Casey in 6:21 when Spot pinned Italian Stallion

3) The Movement (Tiger Conway Jr, Elijah Akeem, Kareem Muhammad) over Chick Donovan, Joe Lightfoot, Jules Strongbow in 7:01 when Conway pinned Lightfoot

4) The Blackjacks (Blackjack Mulligan/Blackjack Lanza) beat Kim Duk/Tetsuo Pogo in 8:59 when Mulligan submitted Pogo

5) DJ Peterson defeated The Nightmare in 7:38 w/ Second Rope Shoulderblock

6) The Islanders (Samu/The Tonga Kid) over Ron Bass/The Bounty Hunter (substituting for Black Bart) in 7:57 when Samu pinned Bounty Hunter

7) Hercules Hernandez w/Percival Pringle III beat Sam Houston in 8:36 w/One Armed Backbreaker

8) The Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton/Dennis Condrey) w/Jim Cornette defeated Barry Windham/Kendall Windham in 27:04 when Condrey pinned Kendall

9) The Junkyard Dog/Kerry Von Erich/Kevin Von Erich/Jay Youngblood and David Schultz/Jimmy Garvin/The Grappler/Mr. Saito w/Precious wrestled to a Draw in 60:00

-6-17-84 from the Convention Center in Tulsa, OK-

1) The Glamour Boys (Steve Doll/Steve Simpson) defeated Pete Doherty/The Bounty Hunter in 5:28 when Doll pinned Doherty

2) The Moondogs (Spot/Cujo) beat Italian Stallion/Scott Casey in 6:11 when Spot pinned Italian Stallion

3) The Movement (Tiger Conway Jr, Elijah Akeem, Kareem Muhammad) over Chick Donovan, Joe Lightfoot, Jules Strongbow in 7:04 when Conway pinned Lightfoot

4) The Blackjacks (Blackjack Mulligan/Blackjack Lanza) beat Kim Duk/Tetsuo Pogo in 8:29 when Mulligan submitted Pogo

5) DJ Peterson defeated The Nightmare in 7:58 w/ Second Rope Shoulderblock

6) The Islanders (Samu/The Tonga Kid) over Ron Bass/Snake Brown (substituting for Black Bart) in 7:45 when Samu pinned Brown

7) Hercules Hernandez w/Percival Pringle III beat Sam Houston in 8:38 w/One Armed Backbreaker

8) The Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton/Dennis Condrey) w/Jim Cornette defeated Barry Windham/Kendall Windham in 25:24 when Condrey pinned Kendall

-6-18-84 from the Myriad Convention Center in Oklahoma City, OK-

1) The Glamour Boys (Steve Doll/Steve Simpson) defeated Pete Doherty/The Bounty Hunter in 5:35 when Simpson pinned Hunter

2) The Moondogs (Spot/Cujo) beat Italian Stallion/Chick Donovan in 5:19 when Spot pinned Italian Stallion

3) The Movement (Tiger Conway Jr, Elijah Akeem, Kareem Muhammad) over Scott Casey, Joe Lightfoot, Jules Strongbow in 7:44 when Conway pinned Lightfoot

4) The Blackjacks (Blackjack Mulligan/Blackjack Lanza) beat Kim Duk/Tetsuo Pogo in 9:19 when Mulligan submitted Pogo

5) DJ Peterson defeated The Nightmare in 7:46 w/ Second Rope Shoulderblock

6) The Islanders (Samu/The Tonga Kid) over Ron Bass/Snake Brown (substituting for Black Bart) in 6:59 when Tonga Kid pinned Brown

7) Hercules Hernandez w/Percival Pringle III beat Sam Houston in 8:38 w/One Armed Backbreaker

8) The Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton/Dennis Condrey) w/Jim Cornette wrestled Barry Windham/Kendall Windham to a Draw in 30:00

9) The Junkyard Dog/Kerry Von Erich/Kevin Von Erich/Jay Youngblood defeated David Schultz/Jimmy Garvin/The Grappler/Mr. Saito w/Precious in 49:14 when JYD pinned Saito

-6-19-84 from the Memorial Auditorium in Wichita Falls, TX-

1) The Glamour Boys (Steve Doll/Steve Simpson) defeated Pete Doherty/Snake Brown in 5:05 when Doll pinned Doherty

2) The Moondogs (Spot/Cujo) beat Italian Stallion/Chick Donovan in 5:19 when Cujo pinned Italian Stallion

3) The Movement (Tiger Conway Jr, Elijah Akeem, Kareem Muhammad) over Scott Casey, Joe Lightfoot, Jules Strongbow in 7:04 when Conway pinned Lightfoot

4) The Blackjacks (Blackjack Mulligan/Blackjack Lanza) beat Kim Duk/Tetsuo Pogo in 9:23 when Mulligan submitted Pogo

5) DJ Peterson defeated The Nightmare in 7:56 w/ Second Rope Shoulderblock

6) The Islanders (Samu/The Tonga Kid) over Ron Bass/The Bounty Hunter (substituting for Black Bart) in 7:09 when Tonga Kid pinned Hunter

7) Hercules Hernandez w/Percival Pringle III beat Sam Houston in 8:31 w/One Armed Backbreaker

8) The Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton/Dennis Condrey) w/Jim Cornette wrestled Barry Windham/Kendall Windham to a Draw in 30:00

9) The Junkyard Dog/Kerry Von Erich/Kevin Von Erich/Jay Youngblood defeated David Schultz/Jimmy Garvin/The Grappler/Mr. Saito w/Precious in 49:14 when Garvin walked out for the Count Out while facing Kerry.

Some great matches on these cards but the one that really stands out to me the most, MX vs. The Windhams! 

Big win for DJ Peterson...as he continues to climb up the ranks here in WCCW.

What an amazing tag team division that's coming together here....it's going to be tough for the Midnight Express to hold on to those titles with all this top competition building up!

Crazy star power in those main events! Great job!

-Broadcasting live to our local affiliates in Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas, and Missouri, as well as in Syndication across these great United States, the American Wrestling Association proudly presents World Class Wrestling, coming to you this week from the Sportatorium in Dallas!-

F7oZ5gK.png

Jim Ross: Good Evening Ladies and Gentleman, and welcome to AWA World Class Wrestling. I'm Jim Ross and tonight I'll be flying solo as "Cowboy" Bill Watts will be handling things backstage. We have quite a line up of matches for you tonight as four more men will attempt to qualify for the big Central States Title tournament. We'll see Mr. Saito make a go of it in singles competition and his opponent will be a young man very familiar to the fans here in the Texas area, who will be making his AWA World Class debut, Brian Adias. We'll also see.....

As Ross is talking, a man that is very familiar to long time fans of the American Wrestling Alliance makes his way toward the announce position. He is dressed in an expensive looking three piece suit, and not a blonde hair is out of place on his head. When Ross notices him, he pauses and just watches as Nick Bockwinkel unbuttons his jacket and takes a seat at the table next to him.

Jim Ross: I...uhh...well....

Nick Bockwinkel: If this is the level at which you normally do your job Mr. Ross, I understand why they asked me to come out here and assist you this evening.

Jim Ross: I just, you don't work here...

Nick Bockwinkel: Actually Mr. Ross, earlier this week, myself and Mr. Geigel negotiated a deal that will see AWA World Class become the company that will showcase the talent of Nick Bockwinkel. I've decided that my skills in linguistics make me exactly the right person to come out here and put some class in World Class. Now, I believe you were telling the viewers about tonight's matches in the tournament.

Jim Ross: Yes indeed. As I was saying, first up will be Saito and Adias. Then the second match up will see former World Class Tag Team Champion Black Bart take on "The Modern Day Warrior" Kerry Von Erich. The winners of those matches will join The Grappler, Kevin Von Erich, Jimmy Garvin, and Jay Youngblood who have already qualified for the tournament.

Nick Bockwinkel: Quite a field of competitors competing for the championship. Both matches tonight should be excellent. What else will we be witnessing?

Jim Ross: The Islanders will join us a bit later, and the main event will see The Midnight Express defend the World Class Tag Team Titles against The Blackjacks in a Tornado match!

Nick Bockwinkel: Lots of savagery to come.

Jim Ross: Up first, it appears Tiger Conway Jr. has something to say.

Inside the ring, Tiger Conway Jr. is standing holding the microphone. His afro is again looking bigger than before, and the Fu Manchu mustache he was growing is looking fuller. He is wearing a black leather coat, a black shirt, and camouflage pants. Standing beside him to the left is a man who is slightly larger than him with a bit of a gut, also sporting an afro, dressed all in black. To his right, is a muscular man with shorter hair and a mustache wearing a black tank top and black leather pants. Standing behind him are the two much larger men dressed all in camo that helped him destroy Jose Lothario a few week back.

Tiger Conway Jr: If all of you white devils would shut your mouths for a minute, I got something to say.

As you can imagine, this doesn't sit well with the Sportatorium crowd who boo him heartily. He stands silently until they quiet somewhat.

Tiger Conway Jr: What you are looking at is five men who are tired of being held down by men like The Blackjacks! Men like Hulk Hogan! Men like The Road Warriors! Men like the Von Erichs!!

That got 'em.... Another huge round of boo'ing.

Tiger Conway Jr: The man standing on my left is Mustafa Morrow. He's been up in Canada for years, damn near freezing to death, because chances for a man like him are few and far between. So he has chosen to come and stand for what he believes. The man on my right is Taalib Jones, who is built like a Greek god, but has spent his whole life surrounded by a bunch of Uncle Tom's. So he has chosen to come and stand for what he believes. The men behind me, Elijah Akeem and Kareem Muhammad have grown tired of saying Yes Sir and No Sir, and dancing for the man, so they have chosen to embrace who they are! They have chosen to stand for what they believe. I spent months floundering around the bottom of this company, being teamed with whatever other "Boy" they could find to stick me with until I decided to do something about it. I have chosen to stand up for what I believe. This is The Movement. This is your only warning.

1 Fall, 10 Minute Time Limit

-The Movement (Elijah Akeem/Kareem Muhammad) vs Joe Lightfoot/Italion Stallion-

Akeem and Muhammad went after these two like they owed them money. Lightfoot got the better end of the deal when he ate a brutal clothesline from Akeem that sent him hurtling between the ropes and crashing to the floor, because they appeared to forget about him after that. Muhammad crushed the Stallion with a massive powerslam, Akeem went to the second and sailed off with a Diving Headbutt, and then Muhammad nailed a Big Splash and that was all she wrote. Conway, Jones, and Morrow joined them in the ring, where all five men raised the Black Power fist into the air.

Winners: The Movement (Elijah Akeem/Kareem Muhammad)

Conway takes the microphone again and continues.

Tiger Conway Jr: I hear that at the upcoming Star Wars show, the AWA Lightweight Champion will be coming to World Class to defend his title. So Brad Armstrong, I'm calling your Georgia redneck butt out!

Conway spikes the microphone in the center of the ring and The Movement exit the ring to loud jeers from the audience.

Jim Ross: An absolutely one sided win from the two monsters of The Movement. Then Conway calls out AWA Lightweight Champion Brad Armstrong for the upcoming Independence Day Star Wars. What did you think of that one Nick?

Nick Bockwinkel: I think those five men have a bone to pick with the establishment, and that anyone who runs afoul of them are going to have quite a fight on their hands.

Jim Ross: There you have it folks, we'll be right back with our first Central States qualifying match.

-Commercial Break-

-Brian Adias vs Mr. Saito-

The first several minutes of this match were a competitive back and forth that saw both men with the advantage. Then Saito caught Adias in a waistlock and absolutely destroyed him with a belly to back suplex. After that it was all Saito as he methodically worked over Adias, until finally drilling him with the Saito Suplex and covering him for the One, Two, Three.

Winner: Mr. Saito

Jim Ross: A dominant win from Mr. Saito as he qualifies for the Central States Title Tournament.

Nick Bockwinkel: He established a game plan and stuck to it against Adias. Brian looked good in the early parts of the match, but the skill and power of Saito were too much for him to handle. Saito will be a dangerous combatant in the tournament.

Jim Ross: Next up, The Tonga Kid and Samu, The Islanders will be in tag team competition. Any thoughts on these two Mr. Bockwinkel?

Nick Bockwinkel: Actually, I have not yet seen these two in action. But if they wrestle like their South Pacific brethren, I should be in for a treat.

-The Islanders (Samu/The Tonga Kid) vs Dave Kent/Bill Rathke-

Ouch. Samu and Tonga seemed a little pissed off tonight, and Bill Rathke took the brunt of it. Lots of stiff sidekicks into his ample midsection, a few headbutts that looked to have a little extra oomph on them, and then a Top Rope Splash from Tonga Kid that may well have broken ribs. Dave Kent looked quite relieved to have never made the tag.

Winners: The Islanders (Samu/The Tonga Kid)

Jim Ross: Any thoughts on these two now that you've seen them in action?

Nick Bockwinkel: Well Mr. Ross, I can tell you with much certainty that if I ever step in the ring here in AWA World Class, it will not be in the tag team division.

Jim Ross: Good idea.

Nick Bockwinkel: Indeed.

Jim Ross: Folks, we'll be right back after these messages.

-Commercial Break-

Jim Ross: Alright Ladies and Gentleman, it's time for our second Central States Title tournament qualifying match. Black Bart is set to take on Kerry Von Erich.

Nick Bockwinkel: Bart is a rough and mean brawler, while Von Erich has strength, speed, and every man, woman, and child in this building on his side. Whether those variables will lead him to victory remains to be seen.

Jim Ross: What he said!

-Black Bart vs Kerry Von Erich-

A fairly competitive back and forth for the opening few minutes that saw Bart attempt to use his size to keep Kerry in the corner and work him over, but Kerry continuously manage to slip out and use his speed to take Bart off his feet with armdrags and dropkicks. Bart eventually took over on offense for an extended period after catching Kerry with a big bodyslam and then grinding him down with a headlock, and dropping a big elbow on him. Kerry started his comeback with a series of elbows to the gut to work out of another headlock, and then caught Bart with a huge dropkick that sent him sailing out of the ring. After that Kerry was a whirlwind and Bart had no answer for the on fire Von Erich. Finally Kerry nailed Bart with a huge bodyslam of his own, then rocked him with a Discus Punch before covering him for the One, Two, Three.

Winner: Kerry Von Erich

Jim Ross: Kerry Von Erich joins his brother Kevin, Mr. Saito, The Grappler, Jimmy Garvin, and Jay Youngblood as the men so far qualified for the Central States Championship Tournament that will take place at Independence Day Star Wars. Two more men will round out the field of eight next week, and this tournament is looking fantastic.

Nick Bockwinkel: It is quite an assemblage of talent for certain Mr. Ross. Whoever achieves victory will certainly have earned the gold.

Jim Ross: Folks, we are going to take our last commercial break, and be back with our main event for the World Class Tag Team Titles.

-Commercial Break-

Jim Ross: Alright Ladies and Gentleman, here we go. The Blackjacks and The Midnight Express, Tornado Rules, which means all four men in the ring at once, no count outs, no disqualifications, and the World Class Tag Team Titles are on the line. This should be a war!

1 Fall, 60 Minute Time Limit

-The Blackjacks (Blackjack Mulligan/Blackjack Lanza) vs The Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton/Dennis Condrey) w/Jim Cornette- Tornado Rules - AWA World Class Tag Team Titles

This is an all out war from the moment the bell rings. Cornette quickly retreats from ringside as Mulligan and Condrey are brawling on the floor with in the first thirty seconds of the match. Eaton and Lanza are slugging it out inside the ring, rights and lefts, one after the other, until Eaton finally hits the mat. Mulligan rams Condrey into the ringpost, and Dennis comes up bleeding. Lanza is putting the boots to Bobby inside the ring, so Bobby quickly uses the ropes to pull himself out of the ring. Mulligan smashes Dennis into the Marc Lowrance's table at ringside, knocking the ring bell, the microphone, and all of the timekeepers stuff to the floor. Eaton manages to catch Lanza as he is coming out to the floor with a low blow, and rams him back first into the apron. Bobby then sends Lanza hard into the ringpost.

Mulligan hurls Condrey back into the ring. He follows him back in and takes him down with a huge vertical suplex. Eaton grabs a chair from a security guy and cracks Lanza across the back with it. He gets a look at Dennis in the ring and heads in after him. Mulligan holds his hand up in the air, signalling for the Iron Claw. He doesn't get to apply it as Bobby Eaton cracks him across the back with a chair shot. Bobby helps Dennis to his feet and the two of them begin to stomp Mulligan.

On the floor Lanza is starting to get to his feet, but Cornette comes out of his hiding spot and catches Lanza in the side of the leg with a shot from the tennis racket. The thud is sickening, Lanza collapses in a heap, and security has to stop several fans from going after Cornette. With a smile Jim now returns to ringside.

In the ring Bobby and Dennis now have Mulligan on his feet, and Dennis has him in a full nelson. Eaton positions the chair and Condrey sweeps Mulligan forward and faceslams him onto the chair. Eaton heads up to the top rope and delivers a huge Flying Knee Drop onto the prone Mulligan, and Condrey covers for the One, Two, Three.

Winners, and still AWA World Class Tag Team Champions: The Midnight Express

Nick Bockwinkel: Whether or not you agree with the tactics they employed this evening, all of them were legal in the confines of the match.

Jim Ross: It doesn't mean I have to like it.

Condrey and Eaton leave the ring and see Lanza on the floor clutching his knee. Cornette smiles and shows the tennis racket to his men, and all three of them have a laugh. Lanza uses his good leg to kick at Cornette, who then orders his men to attack the fallen Lanza. Eaton and Condrey lay the boots to Lanza, and then stretch out the already injured leg. Cornette raises the tennis racket high above his head and brings it crashing down onto the knee of Lanza who yells out in pain.

Jim Ross: Can we please get some help out here?

As if on cue, help does arrive, but not in the form anyone was expecting...

Jim Ross: WHAT THE..... RON BASS AND BLACK BART ARE ATTACKING THE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS!!!

The former champions, Bart and Bass come from the back and start throwing punches at Eaton and Condrey and soon The Midnights along with Cornette are running for the dressing room. As medical personnel come out to attend to The Blackjacks, Bart and Bass make their way to Marc Lowrance at ringside.

Marc Lowrance: Ron Bass, Black Bart, we never expected you to save The Blackjacks!

Ron Bass: Just because we fought 'em, don't mean we don't respect 'em!

Black Bart: JUST CAUSE THEY TOOK OUR BELTS, DON'T MEAN WE'RE GONNA LET SOME PUNKS DISRESPECT THEM!!!

Ron Bass: Lanza deserves better than having his leg broke on a dirty floor by a couple of pretty boys geeks!

Black Bart: IF YOU TWO SISSIES GOT ANY GUTS, NEXT WEEK YOU'LL FIGHT US!! BELTS, NO BELTS, WE DON'T CARE!!

Ron Bass: That's right boys, we just wanna beat you up!

Marc Lowrance: There you have it folks, the challenge has been laid down!

Bart and Bass leave to a strange sound, the cheers of the Dallas crowd.

Jim Ross: Ladies and Gentleman, Blackjack Lanza is being taken out on a stretcher, Blackjack Mulligan is being helped out of the ring, The Midnight Express are still your World Class Tag Team Champions, and the team of Ron Bass and Black Bart just got a standing ovation. I'm not sure what the hell is happening!

Nick Bockwinkel: Chaos Mr. Ross, I belive it's called chaos.

Jim Ross: Well Nick, I appreciate you joining me this week.

Nick Bockwinkel: Oh Jim, the pleasure was all yours.

Jim Ross: Heh, folks, we'll see you next week.

Loved the JR/Bockwinkel duo at commentary. Bock bringing the more sports-like approach was a nice touch.

And I don't envy The Midnight Express one bit about that match with Black Bart & Ron Bass next week!

Very intrigued by The Movement!

Tiger Conway makes for a great challenger for Brad Armstrong's World Lightheavyweight title...Brad better hope the "Movement" don't get involved.

Good to see Brian Adias arrive here in familiar territory, but he was outmatched against Saito.

Great way to bring in Bockwinkle, you really have his voice down on commentary, great stuff.

Tremendous win for the Midnight Express but I'm sure no one expected them to be confronted by Bart/Bass....so many heavy hitting tag teams here in World Class....Cornette has his work cut out for him.

Great way to bring in Bock! Cant wait to see what you have in store for him. 

Amazing job with Tiger Conway and the movement. They are quickly becoming top heels.

Saito spoils the debut of Adias and advances. Kerry is next to advance with a fun win over Bart.

Islanders are in tag title contention.

Good grief! The Midnight Express solidify themselves as champs with a brutal victory over the Blackjacks. Of all people to come to the rescue it's Bart and Bass! Cant wait for that match up. 

Star Wars is shaping up to be the event of the Summer!

Bockwinkel makes a perfect entrance and is going to make World Class very interesting.

The Movement is awesome.  I love the 80's when everything did not need to be politically correct.

Mr. Saito is one of the best heels in the game.  He just seemed like he could wreck someone.

Interesting twist of fate here in the tag division.  The Midnight Express is the cream of the crop but there are a lot of interesting teams coming after them.

-6-22-84 from the North Side Coliseum in Fort Worth, TX-

1) The Glamour Boys (Steve Doll/Steve Simpson) and Kendall Windham/Sam Houston wrestled to a Draw in 15:00

2) Brian Adias beat Eddie Hogan in 9:14 w/Russian Leg Sweep

3) The Movement (Tiger Conway Jr, Kareem Muhammad, Elijah Akeem, Taalib Jones, Mustafa Morrow) over Italian Stallion, Joe Lightfoot, Jose Lothario, Chick Donovan, and Scott Casey in 18:47 when Akeem pinned Stallion

4) Ron Bass beat Swede Hanson in 7:12 w/ Gourdbuster

5) The Moondogs (Spot/Cujo) defeated The Renegade Warriors (Mark Youngblood/Jules Strongbow) in 9:18 when Cujo pinned Strongbow

6) The Islanders (Samu/The Tonga Kid) beat Kim Duk/The Nightmare in 7:43 when Tonga Kid pinned The Nightmare

7) The Junkyard Dog/Barry Windham/DJ Peterson/Jay Youngblood defeated Mr. Saito/The Grappler/Hercules Hernandez/Jimmy Garvin w/Precious + Percival Pringle III in 38:20 when JYD pinned Hercules Hernandez

8) David Schultz over Blackjack Mulligan in 13:37 w/Second Rope Elbow Drop

9) The Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton/Dennis Condrey) w/Jim Cornette and Kerry Von Erich/Kevin Erich wrestled to a Draw in 30:00

-6-23-84 from the Frank Erwin Center in Austin, TX-

1) The Glamour Boys (Steve Doll/Steve Simpson) and Kendall Windham/Sam Houston wrestled to a Draw in 15:00

2) Brian Adias beat Eddie Hogan in 9:25 w/Russian Leg Sweep

3) The Movement (Tiger Conway Jr, Kareem Muhammad, Elijah Akeem, Taalib Jones, Mustafa Morrow) over Italian Stallion, Joe Lightfoot, Jose Lothario, Chick Donovan, and Scott Casey in 18:38 when Jones pinned Stallion

4) The Moondogs (Spot/Cujo) defeated The Renegade Warriors (Mark Youngblood/Jules Strongbow) in 9:22 when Cujo pinned Strongbow

5) Ron Bass over Swede Hason in 6:49 w/Gourdbuster

6) The Islanders (Samu/The Tonga Kid) beat Kim Duk/The Nightmare in 7:37 when Tonga Kid pinned The Nightmare

7) The Junkyard Dog/Barry Windham/DJ Peterson/Jay Youngblood defeated Mr. Saito/The Grappler/Hercules Hernandez/Jimmy Garvin w/Precious + Percival Pringle III in 38:08 when JYD pinned Hercules Hernandez

8) David Schultz over Blackjack Mulligan in 13:11 w/Second Rope Elbow Drop

9) The Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton/Dennis Condrey) w/Jim Cornette and Kerry Von Erich/Kevin Erich wrestled to a Draw in 30:00

-6-24-84 from the Lake Charles Civic Center in Lake Charles, LA-

2) Brian Adias beat Eddie Hogan in 10:04 w/Russian Leg Sweep

3) The Movement (Tiger Conway Jr, Kareem Muhammad, Elijah Akeem, Taalib Jones, Mustafa Morrow) over Italian Stallion, Joe Lightfoot, Jose Lothario, Chick Donovan, and Scott Casey in 17:59 when Conway pinned Stallion

4) The Moondogs (Spot/Cujo) defeated The Renegade Warriors (Mark Youngblood/Jules Strongbow) in 9:21 when Cujo pinned Strongbow

5) Ron Bass over Swede Hanson in 7:01 w/Gourbuster

6) The Islanders (Samu/The Tonga Kid) beat Kim Duk/The Nightmare in 7:13 when Tonga Kid pinned The Nightmare

7) David Schultz over Blackjack Mulligan in 12:57 w/Second Rope Elbow Drop

8) The Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton/Dennis Condrey) w/Jim Cornette and Kerry Von Erich/Kevin Erich wrestled to a Draw in 30:00

9) The Junkyard Dog/Barry Windham/DJ Peterson/Jay Youngblood defeated Mr. Saito/The Grappler/Hercules Hernandez/Jimmy Garvin w/Precious + Percival Pringle III in 37:59 when JYD pinned Hercules Hernandez

-6-25-84 from the Auditorium in Lafayette, LA-

2) Brian Adias beat Eddie Hogan in 10:24 w/Russian Leg Sweep

3) The Movement (Tiger Conway Jr, Kareem Muhammad, Elijah Akeem, Taalib Jones, Mustafa Morrow) over Italian Stallion, Joe Lightfoot, Jose Lothario, Chick Donovan, and Scott Casey in 18:33 when Conway pinned Stallion

4) The Moondogs (Spot/Cujo) defeated The Renegade Warriors (Mark Youngblood/Jules Strongbow) in 9:04 when Cujo pinned Strongbow

5) Ron Bass over Swede Hanson in 6:49 w/Gourbuster

6) The Islanders (Samu/The Tonga Kid) beat Kim Duk/The Nightmare in 7:41 when Tonga Kid pinned The Nightmare

7) David Schultz over Blackjack Mulligan in 12:52 w/Second Rope Elbow Drop

8) The Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton/Dennis Condrey) w/Jim Cornette and Kerry Von Erich/Kevin Erich wrestled to a Draw in 30:00

9) The Junkyard Dog/Barry Windham/DJ Peterson/Jay Youngblood defeated Mr. Saito/The Grappler/Hercules Hernandez/Jimmy Garvin w/Precious + Percival Pringle III in 41:01 when JYD pinned Hercules Hernandez

-6-26-84 from the Riverside Centroplex in Baton Rouge, LA-

2) Brian Adias beat Eddie Hogan in 10:01 w/Russian Leg Sweep

3) The Movement (Tiger Conway Jr, Kareem Muhammad, Elijah Akeem, Taalib Jones, Mustafa Morrow) over Italian Stallion, Joe Lightfoot, Jose Lothario, Chick Donovan, and Scott Casey in 18:09 when Muhammad pinned Stallion

4) The Moondogs (Spot/Cujo) defeated The Renegade Warriors (Mark Youngblood/Jules Strongbow) in 9:11 when Cujo pinned Strongbow

5) Ron Bass over Swede Hanson in 8:10 w/Gourdbuster

6) The Islanders (Samu/The Tonga Kid) beat Kim Duk/The Nightmare in 7:17 when Tonga Kid pinned The Nightmare

7) David Schultz over Blackjack Mulligan in 13:10 w/Second Rope Elbow Drop

9) The Junkyard Dog/Barry Windham/DJ Peterson/Jay Youngblood defeated Mr. Saito/The Grappler/Hercules Hernandez/Jimmy Garvin w/Precious + Percival Pringle III in 39:06 when JYD pinned Hercules Hernandez

I agree, Midnight Express and the Von Erichs would get me to the arena.

Shultz looked strong defeating Mulligan on the loop.

Moondogs and Islanders are becoming title contenders.

Love the big 8 man tags as the faces beat the heels to send the fans home happy. 

-Broadcasting live to our local affiliates in Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas, and Missouri, as well as in Syndication across these great United States, the American Wrestling Association proudly presents World Class Wrestling, coming to you this week from the Irish McNeil Boys Club in Shreveport, Louisiana!-

F7oZ5gK.png

Jim Ross: Good Evening Ladies and Gentleman, I'm Jim Ross and with me again this evening is former Heavyweight Champion of the World Nick Bockwinkel. We have quite a...

"Hold it, hold it, hold it, hold it!"

Jim Cornette comes storming out from the backstage area dressed in blue slacks with a yellow shirt, green jacket, and a pink tie. He is carrying his trusty tennis racket and has a microphone.

Jim Cornette: Now Jim Ross, before you go telling these idiots that they are going to see my Midnight Express take on Ron Bass and Black Bart tonight, let me assure you that they are not! Just because two hillbillies in cowboys hats came out here and challenged us to fight because we beat up a couple of old men who watched too many John Wayne movies, doesn't mean we are gonna fight them. I mean, do you know what part of the country we are in? If we fought every self proclaimed tough guy and cowboy that wanted to fight us, we'd barely have any free time!

While Cornette was ranting, he failed to see "Cowboy" Bill Watts walk out and come to stand right behind him.

Jim Cornette: I mean seriously, last week we took out Lanza and Mulligan. Now we have Bart and Bass wanting to fight us. You got both Windhams, Scott Casey, who knows how many more, it's like there is some kind of infestation of idiots wearing ten gallon hats around here. What? Why are you pointing behind me? I...OHH.....

Cornette turns and nearly leaps out of his shoes when he finds an angry looking Watts standing behind him. A nervous smile crosses the face of Cornette as the microphone he is holding by his waist barely picks him up saying "I wasn't talking about you" before Watts rips the microphone out of his hand.

Bill Watts: You listen and you listen good you little wimp. If I didn't need you to deliver a message to your men right now, I'd knock you out! But you get your butt backstage and tell your men to get dressed, because they are wrestling Black Bart and Ron Bass tonight, and those World Class Tag Team Titles WILL be on the line! You got me?

Cornette starts to protest but Watts grabs him by the shirt prompting Cornette to yell out "I GOT IT" before turning and scurrying back to the dressing room. Watts shakes his head before returning backstage.

-Commercial Break-

Jim Ross: Welcome back folks, as I was beginning to tell you we have quite a night of action on tap this evening. We have the final two qualifying matches for the Central States Title tournament. First Kendall Windham who picked up a huge win over Dick Murdoch a few weeks back will take on Eddie Hogan who is returning to action here in World Class after being away for some time. Then Barry Windham will go one on one with DJ Peterson in what should be an absolute classic.

Nick Bockwinkel: Indeed Mr. Ross, I've spent the last week catching up on all the happenings of AWA World Class so that I could be better prepared to offer analysis this week, and both Windham and Peterson are on the proverbial roll.

Jim Ross: As we heard in the opening of the program, The Midnight Express will make yet another defense of the AWA World Class Tag Team Titles, this time against a fired up Black Bart and Ron Bass.

Nick Bockwinkel: Bass and Bart claim they are seeking vengeance for the attack on Blackjack Lanza, but I find that to be dubious. They formerly held those championships, and as a wrestler myself, I can tell you that when you have been the champion, and you are no longer the champion, all you think about is being the champion. So whether the righteous desire to avenge Lanze drives them or not, The Midnight Express had best be at there best, because the former champions want the belts back.

Jim Ross: Speaking of champions, the AWA Heavyweight Champion of the World, Hulk Hogan will be joining us tonight.

Nick Bockwinkel: Lucky us.

Jim Ross: But up first, we'll be seeing The Moondogs in action!

-The Moondogs (Cujo/Max) w/Moondog Spot vs Mike Reed/Ken Johnson-

A new Moondog hit the scene, and keen eyed fans likely picked up on the fact that he worked here previously as The Mongol/Nazar Bulba. Despite that, like his partners he was now dressed in dirty, cut-off blue jeans, had bleached hair (what he'd managed to grow in during his time away that is), and was in bad need of a shave.

Despite that, like his new partners, he displayed a viciousness as he went after his opponents with a newfound ferocity. He and Cujo made frequent tags and worked over Ken Johnson in the corner, taking turns slamming, stomping, forearming, and even biting the man. Finally Max hoisted him up and hit him with a Running Powerslam for the victory.

Winners: The Moondogs

Jim Ross: A dominant victory for The Moondogs tonight Nick.

Nick Bockwinkel: I would like to double down on what I said last week about staying out of the tag team division. A bunch of brutes around here I tell you!

Jim Ross: The division is certainly stacked, that's for sure. Up next we have our first of two qualifying matches for the Central States Title tournament.

Nick Bockwinkel: I watched the recording of Kendall Windham competing against Dick Murdoch and while Murdoch was clearly underestimating his opponent, Windham displayed a remarkable level of skill for a man of his age and experience.

Jim Ross: His opponent Eddie Hogan has been missing from World Class rings for some time now, but when I spoke to him earlier today he told me that he needed to step away frm the ring for a little while and clear his head after he and his former manager and girlfriend Sunshine split up. He says he is now rested, relaxed, clear headed, and ready to compete at the quote "Hogan Level."

-Kendall Windham vs Eddie Hogan-

This one started with a handshake and was a decent little back and forth for the opening five or so minutes. After that Kendall started getting the upper hand using more a of technical based offense that Hogan didn't seem to have an answer for. Finally at around the ten minute mark, a frustrated Hogan rolled to the floor and used most of the count before getting back into the ring. They locked back up and again Kendall took the upper hand, this time after several frustrating minutes, Eddie blasted Kendall between the eyes with a closed fist to take control and the crowd was all over him for it. The end finally came around the thirteen minute mark when Kendall caught Hogan in a roll up, but Hogan used his size to roll through and when the refs hand hit two, Hogan quickly grabbed the tights to stop the kick out and scored the victory.

Winner: Eddie Hogan

Jim Ross: Eddie Hogan picks up a very tainted victory to advance to the Central States Title tournament. He can't be proud of that one.

Nick Bockwinkel: What's the old saying Mr. Ross, sometimes a man has to do, what a man has to do.

Jim Ross: I suppose if you want to be that kind of man. We'll be right back.

-Commercial Break-

We come back to Marc Lowrance standing in the ring.

Marc Lowrance: Ladies and Gentleman, please welcome my very special guest, the AWA Heavyweight Champion of the World, Hulk Hogan!

Hogan comes out to a good ovation from the Louisiana crowd and joins Lowrance in the ring.

Marc Lowrance: Hulk, thanks for joining us this evening.

Hulk Hogan: It's good to be here in Shreveport tonight, Brother!

That gets the crowd to cheer big!

Marc Lowrance: So Hulk, in just a few days on the Fourth of July, you are going to be joining us for the Independence Day Star Wars and..

Eddie Hogan: HULK, BROTHER...HOW'S IT GOING!!!

Eddie Hogan has entered the ring and is talking over Marc Lowrance. Hulk Hogan has a look of total confusion on his face.

Hulk Hogan: Is there something I can do for you dude?

Eddie Hogan: What? Hulk, it's me! Eddie Hogan!! Your brother, Brother!!

Hulk Hogan has a "what the hell is this guy talking about" look on his face as he assumes a defensive stance.

Hulk Hogan: Marc Lowrance, who is this joker?

Marc Lowrance: We thought he was your brother....

Hulk Hogan: I have two brothers dude, and this guy ain't one of them.

Eddie Hogan: Hulk? Brother? This isn't cool.

Bill Watts and a bunch of security come from the back and enter the ring. After a minute of confusion, Eddie Hogan is escorted out of the ring by Watts and the security as Marc Lowrance and Hulk Hogan look on. Once they are out of sight, Lowrance starts the interview over.

Marc Lowrance: Sorry about that champ. As I was saying, in just a few days on the Fourth of July, you are going to be joining us for the Independence Day Star Wars. As of right now, nothing has been announced concerning your involvement with the show. I was wondering if you could shed some light on exactly what you will be doing at the show.

Hulk Hogan: Well I'd be glad too Marc Lowrance! You see on the Fourth of July, Hulkamania is going to roll into St. Louis and all...

Hogan is nailed from behind by a large bone as Moondog Spot clobbers him in the head. Max and Cujo are right behind and all three Moondogs swarm the AWA World Heavyweight Champion. Boots and bare feet stomp on the fallen champion, and then Max and Spot pull him off the canvas and execute a double bodyslam on him that leaves him prone near the turnbuckle. That's when the Three Hundred and Seventy Five pound Cujo begins scaling to the top rope and the crowd falls silent as he leaps from the rope and crashes down onto the fallen Hogan with a Flying Elbow Drop.

The silence turns into deafening cheers as Samu and The Tonga Kid, The Islanders come racing out from the back with steel chairs and hit the ring. Samu blasts Moondog Max hard in the head and sends him flying out of the ring. Spot exits before Tonga can get at him, and Cujo quickly rolls out of the ring having done his damage. The Islanders check on the fallen Hogan, as the three Moondogs look at the carnage in the ring with smiles before heading to the back.

-Commercial Break-

Jim Ross: Welcome back to AWA World Class Wrestling, as we all saw before the break AWA World Champion Hulk Hogan was in the ring and was assaulted by The Moondogs. They laid a pretty severe beating on him, until The Islanders came in and ran them off.

Nick Bockwinkel: You left out my favorite part where the biggest of The Moondogs came off of the top rope like and squashed Mr. Hogan like a bug.

Jim Ross: Not a fan of the champ are you?

Nick Bockwinkel: What ever gave you that idea?

Jim Ross: Okay folks, right now we are going to go to some pre-recorded comments from the AWA World Class Heavyweight Champion The Junkyard Dog and his challenger for Star Wars, "Dr. D" David Schultz.

The tape opens on David Schultz sitting at a picnic table with a bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken in front of him. He is taking a huge bite out of a chicken breast when he "notices" the camera.

David Schultz: How come y'all only bother me when I'm trying to have my supper! They say to truly understand your opponent, you have to think like your opponent, so I've been training like The Junkyard Dog does. Yesterday I went on a three mile run, and I have tell ya, it's a lot more intense when the po-lice are chasing you baby! Then today I rolled out of bed at the crack of noon, didn't go to work cause I ain't got no job, and got me a bucket of some Kentucky Chicken. Now as soon as the mail comes with my welfare check, I'll pay the support for my eight kids and go back to bed!

Schultz throws the piece of chicken in his hand back in the bucket, and then backhands the bucket off of the table. His face then takes on a serious look as the camera zooms closer.

Just in case you don't understand what I'm saying to you J-Y-D. I'm saying your no good. I'm saying you lazy, I'm saying you worthless, and I'm saying you're a piece of garbage. So come Independence Day Star Wars, I am going to take the belt that rightfully belongs to Dr. D in the first place and I'm gonna hurt you real bad for making me wait this long to get it."

The tape switches to JYD with the World Class belt slung over his shoulder sitting on a chair on the front porch of a house.

Junkyard Dog: David Schultz, I done told you that you can keep talking all that nonsense all you want, and it ain't gonna get this dog all riled up. I heard it all my life, and this may come as a surprise but I heard it from rednecks dumber than you. But don't think for a minute that just because I'm not getting mad, doesn't mean that I won't be giving you everything I got at Star Wars. I worked hard to win this title, and you can bet your butt that I will work extra hard to keep it.

So keep talking Schultz, and bring yourself to Star Wars. Cause on July Fourth, the only fireworks you are gonna see are the bright lights flashing in your head as I beat your brains out. You understand that!

JYD lets out his signature bark as the camera fades.

Jim Ross: There you have it folks. The men who will compete for the World Class Championship at Star Wars

Nick Bockwinkel: Both of them seem determined to emerge the victor. It will be interesting to see who has the best game plan to leave St. Louis as champion.

Jim Ross: Next up we have our final qualifying match for the Central States Title tournament. This should be a good one!

-Barry Windham vs DJ Peterson-

Right from the lock up this was a good one. Both men were constantly jockeying for position, and each was in control during the opening minutes of the contest. Lots of reversals, and lots of Windhams speed and technical prowess versus the raw strength of Peterson. Finally around the eleven minute mark Peterson took firm control after he caught Barry coming off the ropes with a huge press slam and deposited him in the center of the ring. Peterson would execute several more big time moves on Windham and looked to have things firmly in control. Peterson hooked Windham for a vertical suplex and hoisted him into the air, Peterson held him aloft for several seconds much to the delight of the crowd and then brought him down with a resounding thud.

On the way down, Barry Windham's leg caught referee Alfred Neely in the head and knocked him to the canvas. Peterson had no idea and knew that it was time to go for the kill and mounted the turnbuckle to go for his Second Rope Shoulderblock. Windham staggered to his feet, and Peterson was ready to launch, but he never saw Hercules Hernandez running down the aisle. Hercules shoved Peterson off the turnbuckle, which sent him crashing face first into the knee area of Windham, and left both wrestlers back down on the canvas.

Windham recovered first and got to his feet, as did Referee Neely. Windham had time to clear the cobwebs, and when he saw Peterson getting up charged at him and nailed him with a Lariat. Oblivious to the interference that pretty much gave him the match, Windham covered for the One, Two, Three.

Winner: Barry Windham

Nick Bockwinkel: Another tainted victory in the tournament qualifiers tonight Mr. Ross.

Jim Ross: That is unfortunately true Nick, but Barry Windham doesn't have the slightest clue what happened.

Nick Bockwinkel: So you say.

Jim Ross: We now have our eight men. Barry Windham, Eddie Hogan, Kevin Von Erich, Kerry Von Erich, The Grappler, Jimmy Garvin, Jay Youngblood, and Mr. Saito are set to compete to become the first Central States Champion here in AWA World Class Wrestling.

Nick Bockwinkel: That is quite a field of competitors Mr. Ross. One of them will have to win three matches in a single night to achieve the title. It will take heart, determination, and a desire to win. It will be truly interesting to see which of them has the fortitude to pull it off.

Jim Ross: Alright Ladies and Gentleman, let's take our last break and come back with our main event for the World Class Tag Team Titles!

-Commercial Break-

1 Fall, 60 Minute Time Limit

-Ron Bass/Black Bart vs The Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton/Dennis Condrey) w/Jim Cornette- AWA World Class Tag Team Titles

This begins as a wild four way brawl which Bass and Bart get the upper hand of. Bass ends up in the ring with Eaton and is able to beat on him for a good while. Bobby finally manages to tag in Dennis, who unfortunately for the champions doesn't fare much better. Bass tags in Bart and they nail Condrey with a huge double team bodyslam. Bart works over Dennis until he attempts to bounce off the ropes and Cornette reaches in and grabs his foot. Bart turns around to swipe at Cornette, and Condrey chop blocks the knee. Eaton is quickly tagged in and The Midnight Express go to work on the leg of Black Bart. This goes on for quite a while, and it looks like it may be all over for Bart until he manages to rock Eaton with a clothesline while Bobby is holding his leg.

Bart hops over and tags in Bass who comes in and runs wild, rocking both members of the Express with big punches and nails them both with back body drops. Bass tries to hit Eaton with his Gourdbuster, but Condrey grabs Bobby's foot and pulls him back down, then drills Bass in the stomach with a boot. Both members of the Express, then take Bass over with a double suplex. The referee begins pushing Condrey out of the ring, and Bobby swarms in on the referee and Condrey in the corner, so that the ref never see's Cornette who has made his way to the far corner where the injured Bart is standing on the apron. Cornette rears back and smacks the injured leg of Bart with the tennis racket, who falls from the apron to the floor, clutching his leg in pain.

Condrey then quickly exits the ring, Eaton jumps on Bass, and the referee is none the wiser. Eaton tags out to Condrey and they whip Bass into the ropes and hit him with a double back body drop. Eaton leaves the ring, Condrey tags him, and then Dennis lifts Bass up and gives him the Full Nelson Faceslam. Bobby comes off the top rope with the Diving Kneedrop and covers Bass for the One, Two, Three.

Winners, and still AWA World Class Tag Team Champions: The Midnight Express

Jim Ross: The Midnight Express retains the titles, and it would appear that Black Bart is seriously injured.

Nick Bockwinkel: I am not condoning what has happened here Mr. Ross, but the champions feel backed into a corner. Management appears to have a vendetta against them, they've been given no chance to rest since acquiring the belts, they are doing what they feel is necessary to remain champions.

Jim Ross: That may be, but that doesn't make it right.

Bill Watts comes from the back and has a microphone in his hand.

Bill Watts: Folks, I just wanted to make a couple announcements based on what has happened here this evening. Firstly, the championship committee has decided that if Hercules Hernandez wants to cost DJ Peterson his opportunity at the Central States Title tournament, then he CAN and WILL defend the World Class Television title against Peterson at Star Wars, whether he wants the rematch to happen or not!

Furthermore, the AWA Heavyweight Champion Hulk Hogan is doing fine. He was originally going to be at Star Wars to present the winner of the Central States tournament with the belt, but now he wants to step into the ring. So at Star Wars, Hulk Hogan will team with The Islanders to take on all three of The Moondogs!

Jim Cornette, Bobby Eaton, and Dennis Condrey come walking to where Watts is making his announcements.

Jim Cornette: Now that we've finished putting all your stupid cowboy teams out to pasture, I suppose maybe we can finally get a night off at Star Wars!

Bill Watts: Oh No! I have a special match planned for you. The Midnight Express will be wrestling... THE ROAD WARRIORS!!

Cornette turns white as a ghost and stumbles backwards into the arms of Eaton and Condrey.

Bill Watts: and not only will the Road Warriors be defending the AWA World Tag Team Titles, you will be defending the World Class Tag Team Titles! Winner Takes All!!

Dennis Condrey balls up his fist like he wants to hit Watts, as Cornette can be heard saying he needs air as Eaton tries to pull him toward the back.

Jim Ross: Ladies and Gentleman, that's all for this week. We'll be back here next week for another episode of World Class Wrestling, in the meantime, join us in St. Louis on the Fourth of July for Star Wars, it's gonna be a can't miss event!!

Nick Bockwinkel: Yes it is.

Jim Ross: Good Night Everyone!

-Independence Day Star Wars-

-St. Louis Arena in St. Louis, MO-

The Junkyard Dog vs "Dr. D" David Schultz - AWA World Class Heavyweight Title

The Road Warriors (Animal/Hawk) w/Paul Ellering vs The Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton/Dennis Condrey) w/Jim Cornette - AWA World Tag Team Titles vs AWA World Class Tag Team Titles

Brad Armstrong vs Tiger Conway Jr - AWA World Lightweight Title

Hercules Hernandez w/Percival Pringle III vs DJ Peterson - AWA World Class Television Title

AWA World Heavyweight Champion Hulk Hogan/The Islanders (Samu/The Tonga Kid) vs The Moondogs (Spot/Cujo/Max)

A 20 Man Over The Top Rope Battle Royal

Plus the Central States Championship Tournament!

First Round Matches:

Eddie Hogan vs Kevin Von Erich

"Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin w/Precious vs Kerry Von Erich

Mr. Saito vs Barry Windham

Jay Youngblood vs The Grappler

Good lord, look at that Star Wars card. I don't want to say "every match a main event" but I count at least five.

You could probably do a tv show with no wrestling at all and be fine with Watts, Cornette, JR, and Bockwinkel jawing at each other, but Windham vs DJ and the Midnights defending the titles make for some compelling television.

Man...you've got Cornette's promos down to a science....I love it!

I like the third Moondog coming into play and they are certainly believable enough to get heat on Hulk....fun "brother/brother" interaction between Hulk and Brother Bruti/Eddie Hogan.

Previously DJ Peterson vs. Windham would have been considered a squash match but with the great build you've given Peterson, I picture this one being a classic until that damn Hercules screwed things up....looking forward to the TV title rematch.

Loaded supercard coming up on July 4th....great action appears to be taking place across the AWA on Independence Day....I look forward to reading all the shows that day.