Top Posters In This Topic

So far the Mania card looks like this:

Confirmed matches

Brock/Seth

Ronda/Becky/Charlottte

Roman/Drew

HHH/Big Dave

Miz/Shane

Boss n Hug/Divas of Doom/Nia & Tamina/probably the IIconics based on how the story is going

Angle/Corbin

Murphy/winner of 205 Live #1 contender tourney

Probably happening:

Bryan/Kofi

Finn/Lashley/Lio in some kind of gimmick match

Multiple team match for Raw tag titles

Multiple team match for SD tag titles (since that's all they ever seem to do for tag belts on PPV anymore)

Cena/TBD

Joe/somebody apparently not Cena despite it seeming to be be what the storyline with Truth was going towards

So despite the various fucky ways we got there, most of those matches look pretty solid.

Well now they are openly talking about how underwhelming Corbin is as Kurt's opponent.  Including himself and his wife on twitter.  Pretty sure this is going to lead to Cena replacing Corbin. I think...

and Cole mentioned fans complaining about it during Raw so yeah.  Don't think this is the real direction here

While I was definitely more interested in Joe/Cena, I'll gladly take Cena over Corbin. 

I'm not sure I believe what a poster said on the last page about Corbin being "over (as a face)" on the house show circuit. Like, I'm going to need video evidence of him getting big reactions from multiple shows to believe that. I haven't read anything about him being a merch mover and, while I put much of the blame on the RAW ratings drop last fall on the shoulders of the main eventers, Baron Corbin was in multiple segments every week so he clearly wasn't helping there either. 

I was higher on Corbin than many in '16 and '17 and I'll continue to say that he has potential. But, like The Miz or Mark Henry during the first 4-5 years of their career, he's a guy that hasn't put the pieces together yet and it goes beyond just being dressed like the floor manager at a J. Alexander's Steakhouse. Corbin has some decent offense, he's naturally unlikeable, he's got size. I see what Vince sees in him. Unfortunately, his matches are generally boring, his promos feel inorganic and overly scripted and like he's "playing heel" instead of being a heel. For a Golden Gloves boxer, his punches don't look good at all in the wrestling context and he telegraphs a lot. His selling isn't great. Again, I'm not saying he's a lost cause, but he certainly shouldn't have been relied on to carry RAW the way he was in the fall and hasn't gotten any better since. In fact, I think he's gotten worse as even his gimmick ("The Lone Wolf") has vanished to be replaced with...nothing. Now, he's basically a henchman without a boss, a "bad guy that wants to team with other bad guys to do bad things because he's bad." But he's not the leader of that outfit and he's the least successful guy in the outfit too. 

12 hours ago, sek69 said:

I forgot AJ/Orton, which actually should be pretty good too since Randy appears to give a shit for this feud.

Randy is going to beat AJ clean as a sheet in the middle of the ring. You all know that, right?

Triple H vs. Sting was positioned as WWE vs. WCW. We all know how that went.

Randy Orton vs. AJ Styles is being positioned as WWE vs. indies (AEW). WWE ain't losing. 

I'm hoping I'm wrong and someone quotes this in a month to laugh in my face. I'd laugh right along with you.

37 minutes ago, C.S. said:

Randy Orton vs. AJ Styles is being positioned as WWE vs. indies (AEW). WWE ain't losing. 

Ehhh, kinda? It's more about AJ claiming that he built the SD house when in truth he's in WWE for 3 years, while Orton's been there for over a decade. They mention AJ Styles' past as an indie wrestler more as an argument as to why he didn't "built" that house. 

The focal point is the importance of those two guys for SD over indies vs WWE, I'd say.