Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 03/18 - 03/24: Sal Bellomo ate Bologna in a Balloon

The Thread Killer

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is out there for Kofi to beat besides Bryan to earn the title shot? At this point it's gotta be a case of Kofi/New Day pissing either Vince or Bryan off to the point of letting him wrestle at Mania so DB can teach him a lesson or something.

Still, I was again pissed at Vince for pulling this fuckery on Kofi again, so they got me hooked for 3 weeks in a row now.

So, as far as the Angle / Corbin match... I'm just watching RAW on Hulu now and it struck me as odd Gable came out in red, white,, and blue with his old "Ready, Willing, and Gable" towel gimmick. If I was a betting man I'd wager that Gable is going to be feuding with Baron Corbin after Mania, or teaming with him after helping take out the "old Olympian ".

1 hour ago, KawadaSmile said:

It's not just The New Day that's on Kofi's side. They made sure that with every cut to backstage, more and more people were rooting for him.

Everyone, from the Usos to Ricochet to Nikki Cross to Ali to AJ to KO and even The Man are on his side. Shit's gonna be good.

I think we should not forget that originally, it was Stephanie & Shane (before his heel turn) who declared Kofi the #1 contender for the WWE Championship until Vince decided to be Vince. Yeah, I think that the rest of the babyface locker room will play a factor in this but I wonder also at one point if Stephanie & Triple H won't also have a role to play in overturning the situation.

2 minutes ago, SirEdger said:

I think we should not forget that originally, it was Stephanie & Shane (before his heel turn) who declared Kofi the #1 contender for the WWE Championship until Vince decided to be Vince. Yeah, I think that the rest of the babyface locker room will play a factor in this but I wonder also at one point if Stephanie & Triple H won't also have a role to play in overturning the situation.

I've been calling a "McMahon Family War" that ends with Vince off to do the XFL and HHH running things since they started the whole " no more GM's" angle. Hopefully HHH calls Vince "Pops" again.

13 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

So, as far as the Angle / Corbin match... I'm just watching RAW on Hulu now and it struck me as odd Gable came out in red, white,, and blue with his old "Ready, Willing, and Gable" towel gimmick. If I was a betting man I'd wager that Gable is going to be feuding with Baron Corbin after Mania, or teaming with him after helping take out the "old Olympian ".

My impression was that he switched back to his old gear more as a tribute to Angle, to show him and everyone else who his hero was and who influenced him to become a wrestler (both amateur and pro).

But I'd love for your idea to come to fruition. A legitimate singles run for Gable would be great - but as a babyface against Corbin, not a Corbin lackey.

10 hours ago, C.S. said:

My impression was that he switched back to his old gear more as a tribute to Angle, to show him and everyone else who his hero was and who influenced him to become a wrestler (both amateur and pro).

But I'd love for your idea to come to fruition. A legitimate singles run for Gable would be great - but as a babyface against Corbin, not a Corbin lackey.

I thought the same thing about the gear. It was the "Ready, Willing, and Gable" towel that raised my eyebrow. And I want him to help Corbin, not as a lackey, but as a way to get over as a heel. Gable can be a great heel, he showed it in NXT.

On WOR Dave seemed to be implying that wwe has changed its "policy" on listening to crowd reactions so he thinks they might change Angle v Corbin.  The announcement of the match Monday was not meant as a swerve or misdirect to lead to another match. But he thinks with them listening to crowds more a good chance the match changes

Miz' Smackdown promo was money, man. I loved how he stayed consistent and in character, admitting he'd done some bad shit in the past but spun it into sheer babyface charm by telling us it was all for the love of a parent. It's amazing how a guy selling an angle and acting like he cares and is hurt by the heel's actions makes for so much more heat and interest in their match. Crazy, right? It was awesome to see someone actually rebel against the Authority with his "You don't own me" line too.

Heel Bryan vs Face Miz is the route they have to go, even if I do want Kofi to get his moment.