Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestlemania 35 - Voluntary Colonization

KawadaSmile

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Alucard said:

So as of now not on the card that leaves: The Usos, The Revival, Black & Ricochet, The Bar, Rusev & Nakamura, Big E & Xavier. 

Well... 

At this point, it's obvious WWE is nothing but a retirement pension for Nak. Remember when he showed up three years ago at Takeover and had that great match with Sami Zayn (whoever he is) and looked like a total star ?

11 minutes ago, Alucard said:

They announced 29 entrants for the Andre: Braun Strowman, Colin Jost, Michael Che, Andrade, Apollo Crews, Titus O'Neil, Tyler Breeze, Jinder Mahal, No Way Jose, Bobby Roode, Chad Gable, Lucha House Party, Bo Dallas, Curtis Axel, Heath Slater, Rhyno, the Ascension, Ali, Shelton Benjamin, Luke Gallows, Karl Anderson, The Hardyz, Heavy Machinery, and EC3.

The "Never knew they were still employed" crew. I like that I'm gonna get a Joe vs Rey match, but really, Andrade in this waste of time after the stuff they did on TV...

And... Ali ? ALI ? JUST ALI NOW ? It's amazing. WWE guys just just be called by a first name. Steve. Joe. Daniel. Roman. Brock. Triple. 

3 hours ago, SomethingSavage said:

I know a lot of people don't care for the gimmick, but a Tag Team Turmoil (a rapid fire, fast-paced sprint with a bunch of eliminations) on the pre-show could be a fun way to cram a lot of folks on the card for a payday.

This way of thinking is outdated, I think. Wrestlemania sells out before the card is even announced, and the Network means that nobody is an individual PPV draw. With WWE's current financial situation, they can easily afford to give everybody a Mania payday regardless of whether or not they appear and then keep the show to a manageable length.

I've been doing the ketogenic gimmick for several months now. So I'm going to get me some BW3's hot wings & try to make Wrestlemania feel special. It's so long though, goodness. I can't imagine how exhausting it'll be to the fans that are attending live. I have company coming over to watch the show, otherwise I would most likely watch it in shifts over the course of a couple of days. Have to take a power nap to get through it. I'm not a spring chicken anymore. 

The card is intriguing, if nothing else. My biggest issue is that no one in WWE feels like a star, so none of the matches jump out at me as must-see. 

Calling it now, Cena's match is him and Truth v Rusev & Nakamura. Either they shoot an angle for it on Tuesday or save the whole thing for the show itself but he saves Truth from the two of them and they have a little house show tag match just like the Australia stadium show where Cena works about 90 seconds total after getting the hot tag. 

Very interested to see where the tag-teams end up, it certainly makes storyline sense for Vince to punish the Usos in some fashion for forfeiting on Tuesday but who knows. Usos v Revival would be my preference but I don't see the Bar getting left off.

I think Rey and Joe make the main card because it's a quick match and you need those to break up the longer ones. My guess would be pre-show is the Cruiserweight Title, both battle royals and either or both tag-titles.

45 minutes ago, Robert S said:

Re-"match" against Taker? E.g. Taker coming out, complaining that he has no match and doing an open challenge anwered by Cena.

I thought about that. It was terrible enough last year though. Taker should never ever wrestle again, he has looked pathetic for a few years now, it's sad. Apparently he will though, for the upcoming Saudi shows, so who knows...

20 hours ago, El-P said:

I thought about that. It was terrible enough last year though. Taker should never ever wrestle again, he has looked pathetic for a few years now, it's sad. Apparently he will though, for the upcoming Saudi shows, so who knows...

My first thought was that Cena and Taker have the big 25 minute WM epic that they didn't have last year. I hope that doesn't happen.