Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 03/25 - 03/31: Angle vs. Joe! Angle vs. Styles! TNA! TNA! TNA!

The Thread Killer

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, El-P said:

This. Twitter (social network in general) followers mean jackshit. I'm sure Roman Reigns has more followers worldwide than any semi-famous talk-show host of each country. But I can assure you no one knows who the fuck Roman Reigns is in France apart from WWE fans, for instance, whereas any semi-famous talk-show host on French TV is, well, at least semi-famous in the mainstream. Yeah, that's stuck-in-the-bubble talk. The Real World doesn't care about WWE (which is why they can get way with the Saudi deal, mostly, and try to portray themselves as "innovators" when they are 20 years behind the times).

You stop that! I know in my heart that "Roman Reigns," "Joe," "The Big Dawg," and "Leakee" are all household "ménage" names in France.

So now we are getting a tag team gauntlet with Big E and Xavier Woods for Kofi's opportunity.   If they end up doing the same thing as last week then New Day is officially the dumbest group in wrestling history

Loved Bryan saying that they can just bring 3 guys up and have them throw waffles and the crowd will respond the same way.  Probably not wrong either 

46 minutes ago, Strummer said:

Meltz says there are going to be changes made to the main event tonight on SD.  Still a three way but changes

Steph as referee isn't it?

Steph as special referee, special ring announcer, special commentator at the same time, also special guest to present the belt and she'll also be the timekeeper.

(remember, women's wrestling barely existed before Stephy. Hell, women in sport finally are getting a chance thanks to Stephy)

1 minute ago, hammerva said:

Okay they aren't going to do what I think they are going to do are they.  I mean I know they don't have anything for Asuka important but no fucking way are they changing the title are they?

This smells like meta booking "see, Charlotte is being handed all these opportunities and the company wants her to win every title. Be mad at the company and rally behind Becky!" wink wink bullshit.

Yes because Becky needs all the support in the world to get over.  

I mean yes there was nothing really for Asuka at WM except maybe a triple threat against Sonya & Mandy Rose.  But to have her drop the title and be put back into the battle royal is just amazing.  

So even Charlotte wins she is still a champion.  If this was all done as part of a title re-unification thing, then Rousey 100% can't win  the title unless she is not going away as originally planned

16 minutes ago, Jmare007 said:

Man, I really hope they don't turn New Day at mania to cost Kofi the title. It would be so moronic that I'm worried it might actually happen.

It absolutely would be, but it's a sign of how great he's been in his heel role that people would get legit mad over the idea of Bryan winning at Mania now. 

Rowan really needs a shout out for his strong metal band t-shirt game. 

Also I'd be willing to wager good money Vince gave that "you were never really going to quit" speech to at least a couple of the folks who's requested their releases recently. 

WWE Audience: There's no way they can overbook the Rousey/Becky/Charlotte match any more than they already have.

Vince (looking at SmackDown): Hold my beer, pal.

If they don't unify the titles, I"m not sure what the point of the switch was. I'm not against the idea, but I still think the timing is dumb.