Pro Wrestling Only

Dark Side of the Ring

flyonthewall2983

15 minutes ago, C.S. said:

Edit: I'm reading Twitter now (I haven't seen the episode yet). Did he sexually assault someone? Yeah, that's not good at all, if that's what happened. I was under the impression that he just pulled his dick out and flashed everyone on the plane - not that that's much better, granted. Regardless, if he shows up, I still think he'll get a monster pop.

They had the flight attendant he flashed on the episode. Her version of events was pretty damning for Flair, and really everybody on that plane. 

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Reminder that Triplemania had everyone *happy* to see Flair since the likely alternative was Alberto.  Quite the shift in such a short amount of time, huh?

EDIT: And yes, to what joeg just posted, Scott Hall was also implicated in the same stuff as Flair.  It's just the timing with Flair in particular being why he gets the heat, obviously, since Hall doesn't have any visible role in the business now.

3 minutes ago, joeg said:

They had the flight attendant he flashed on the episode. Her version of events was pretty damning for Flair, and really everybody on that plane. 

So, nothing new then, beyond the flashing? We all knew about that a decade ago. Not defending it - of course not - but it won't change AEW's plans one bit IMO.

1 minute ago, C.S. said:

So, nothing new then, beyond the flashing? We all knew about that a decade ago. Not defending it - of course not - but it won't change AEW's plans one bit IMO.

Dude, you might want to try watching the episode in this case.  The point here is that it wasn't "flashing", it was "he trapped me & wouldn't let me go".

1 minute ago, funkdoc said:

Dude, you might want to try watching the episode in this case.  The point here is that it wasn't "flashing", it was "he trapped me & wouldn't let me go".

I'm sure you're correct. My reply was based on what @joeg described. I have not seen the episode yet.

Flair sure as shit doesn't help himself here:

While speaking to Renee Paquette on her Oral Sessions podcast, Flair was asked about the forthcoming Dark Side of the Ring episode and had the following to say:

God, I’ve heard about it too. Just when things are going good for me.

Listen, you [Renee Paquette] put me on your podcast after. We’ll see how it plays out, because I was there and I don’t care whose name I gotta drop if the heat falls on me. I know who was where and what and who and what took place. I know the whole story.

https://www.postwrestling.com/2021/09/14/ric-flair-comments-on-dark-side-of-the-rings-plane-ride-from-hell-episode/

Taking a "whoa is me" approach sure is...something.

Her description of events was basically after entertaining the boys with his rendition of the helicopter, Ric Flair cornering her in the galley of the plane and grabbed her by the wrists and tried to force her to touch his dick until Dustin Rhodes grabbed Flair and dragged him off.  Oh and while checking on an unconscious Scott Hall, Hall regained consciousness long enough to sit up and lick her face before passing out again. 

7 minutes ago, joeg said:

Her description of events was basically after entertaining the boys with his rendition of the helicopter, Ric Flair cornering her in the galley of the plane and grabbed her by the wrists and tried to force her to touch his dick until Dustin Rhodes grabbed Flair and dragged him off.  Oh and while checking on an unconscious Scott Hall, Hall regained consciousness long enough to sit up and lick her face before passing out again. 

That's horrifying. 

My guess is AEW has Dustin (and maybe J.R.) do damage control so they can still bring Flair in. 

Yeah Dreamer being a piece of shit is nothing new, but seeing him just go out there and show his complete ass on TV like that was something else. Every time I thought he couldn't say anything worse he just kept digging deeper and deeper until it became weirdly impressive. 

32 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Dreamer really fucking sucks and him saying really stupid, tone-deaf shit like that is completely coherent with the wild, wild shit he's said over the years.

22 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Yeah Dreamer being a piece of shit is nothing new, but seeing him just go out there and show his complete ass on TV like that was something else. Every time I thought he couldn't say anything worse he just kept digging deeper and deeper until it became weirdly impressive. 

I'm 100% unfamiliar with Tommy Dreamer as a controversial, divisive figure. What else has he said?

Does lend credence to the story my friend told me about overhearing Dreamer shout the n-word in public. 

About half way through it I was willing to give Dreamer the benefit of the doubt because let's be honest he was probably witness to a much worse felony once a month for about 6 and half years in ECW.  Maybe even participated in a few of them.  So in his mind trying to get someone to touch their dick doesn't come off bad.   But of course like most older people in wrestling, we have to blame everything on cancel culture and people being over sensitive.   Also love that the the people who scream responsibility always use the same excuse of cancel culture.   Frankly I would respect Tommy more if he would just admit that he justifies everything because he is a mark for the boys.   

Really nothing describes how bad this and really the atmosphere toward women was in 2002 WWE then Terri Runnels constantly being told "don't sell it" when guys try creepy shit.   Almost feels like a "just lay down and accept it" kind of thing.

This seems to shed new light on the question of why WWE was so willing to cut Flair loose. Maybe they realized he was a ticking time bomb and hoped he would go off in AEW's lap rather than their own.

By the way, I'm really looking forward to the Kanyon episode. I have a feeling it's going to reveal Undertaker to be an even bigger piece of shit than we realized.

4 minutes ago, Blehschmidt said:

I never thought I'd type the sentence "Tommy Dreamer is a victim blaming douchebag, but at least RVD seems reasonable." Yet here we are....

Aren't the worst stories about RVD basically just "somebody was mouthing off and RVD punched them"? He never really came across as anything grander than an opinionated ass, and I think calling out people for this kind of thing makes him seem that much better.

I won't condemn Dreamer, but holy shit he needs to learn how to shut his fucking mouth. Even a simple "I only saw him doing the helicopter" would've allowed him to save some face instead of just digging himself deeper and deeper the more he tries to defend somebody's shitty assault.