Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestlemania 35: The KawadaSmile tribute thread

Ricky Jackson

Not sure if I will watch the entire thing. Last year's Mania pretty much killed my desire to watch main roster WWE for the rest of 2018, and I haven't really watched a ton in 2019 either. Will probably dip in and out between watching some old stuff with Shrike02. Main event and Bryan vs Kofi are my only must see matches, but following along with the PWO crew is also a fun way to get through the slog, so who knows, I may get sucked in like previous death march Mainia's. But I'm an old man, so please some of the new blood or those much more positive about the product hype this show up

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ONE match I'm actually interested in is the main event because I have been mostly interested in the women in the last two years or so. So yeah, it's awesome for Charlotte & Becky to main event Mania. And I should probably just go to bed now, get up around 5 in the morning to see where the show is at this point rather than try to stay awake during this chore of a card, knowing I'll never make it to the main event. I'm really tired, only watched like the first hour and a half of the G1 climax, which was like the 7th show of the last three days. I dunno. I'd love to shoot the shit with people on the forum, that being said, well, yeah, it's probably not be very fun unless rain is pouring and the whole thing turns into the longest car crash ever. See you later people, or not. Enjoy the show, or not.

I dipped in and out of this thread last year and it kept me going pretty well. It's completely absurd that we're at a point where I can go to bed after this show has started and get up for work as it's still going on, but I'm off tomorrow so I guess the bigger absurdity is that I'll stay up and watch it. I'm watching it with my brother and one of my friends and there's a goodly amount of beer in my house so we'll see if I don't crash out before the end. I know about no more than four matches that are happening, though. How many fucking wrestlers have they managed to get on the card? Sixty? 

The main event and Bryan-Kofi are the only matches I'm really excited about. Although I am kind of looking forward to Joe-Rey and A.J.-Orton. And like most Brock matches, I have a bit of a morbid curiosity in his match to see if it will be another glorified squash or if he'll actually make an effort. Still think Rollins loses though.

Batista-Triple H also has the potential to be high comedy.

1 hour ago, KB8 said:

I dipped in and out of this thread last year and it kept me going pretty well. It's completely absurd that we're at a point where I can go to bed after this show has started and get up for work as it's still going on, but I'm off tomorrow so I guess the bigger absurdity is that I'll stay up and watch it. I'm watching it with my brother and one of my friends and there's a goodly amount of beer in my house so we'll see if I don't crash out before the end. I know about no more than four matches that are happening, though. How many fucking wrestlers have they managed to get on the card? Sixty? 

Counting everyone confirmed for both battle royals so far, there are 85 people appearing on the card.

If they add NXT stars to the women’s battle royal I can see them exceeding 100.

3 minutes ago, sek69 said:

I want Big E to follow me around and hype me up for everything in my life.

I know this is Kofi's moment and all, but I hope this ends up with E getting a singles run. They should all stay friends and stuff instead of doing a big split-up, but he and Woods are definitely worthy of singles focus for their own

Buddy Murphy deserves so much better than the pre-show slot every month. He’s the kind of heel who should be in and around the  midcard title scene of a show people actually watch. He always gets over on these pre-shows so he’s well worth a stronger push.

I'm in for the long haul. Got pizza, wings, garlic rolls, and tons of snacks.

Is it just me or does Nese have zero appeal? 

I really respect Buddy Murphy for making the most of things and creating a spot for himself out of thin air.

I hope he gets a Mustafa Ali-like call-up and push on the main roster.

Just now, Stiva said:

Buddy Murphy deserves so much better than the pre-show slot every month. He’s the kind of heel who should be in and around the  midcard title scene of a show people actually watch. He always gets over on these pre-shows so he’s well worth a stronger push.

That's the 205 curse. I guess maybe his physique wouldn't stand out amongst the main guys but if he was doing these matched vs Finn Balor third from last on a regular PPVs show we would definitely be far more over.

1 minute ago, C.S. said:

I'm in for the long haul. Got pizza, wings, garlic rolls, and tons of snacks.

Is it just me or does Nese have zero appeal? 

I really respect Buddy Murphy for making the most of things and creating a spot for himself out of thin air.

I hope he gets a Mustafa Ali-like call-up and push on the main roster.

I have to say, I don't really get it with Nese either. He's a big with big muscles who does cruiser spots. Would be a lot cooler if every other guy with muscles these days didn't try to work like a cruiser as well.