Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
Ricky Jackson

Wrestlemania 35: The KawadaSmile tribute thread

1 minute ago, Matt D said:

I'm not sure what sort of goofy entrance de facto babyface Hunter gets. It better be worth it though.

It better be some Winter-is-Coming-taming-a-Dragon shit. Anything less would be worthless.

6 minutes ago, C.S. said:

What the hell was that Babe Ruth shit? What significance am I missing? I love the hell out of baseball movies - including "Pride of the Yankees" in which Babe played himself in a supporting role - but I don't know much about actual baseball.

I figured immediately when I saw the footage that it meant Cena was coming out because he's the Babe Ruth figure of WWE that Vince McMahon wished Randy Savage could have been in the mid-90s.

They pointed out Hunter's dad in the front row when Dave pointed at him - I see the nose is a family trait. Have they done that before? I can't recall.

Anyone else wish Kumail Nanjiani was in the battle royal instead? Unlike Che and Jost, he's actually funny.

My favorite part of that entrance was that he had the water in his mouth the whole time, just holding it in there like a doofus for when he took the mask off.

God, Hunter is such a dork. I mean, we're all dorks about something, but we all don't get to display our dorkiness in front of 60,000 people once a year.

Yeah, I wanted to see those entrances but I don't actually want to watch this match. Can we have Shane back. 

This should be a straightforward brawl, right? We haven't had one of those yet?

And in keeping with the Mad Max aesthetic of the entrance, HHH decided to go with the "too much time in the sun" shade at the tanning booth. 

Hunter's entrance delivered in its own way. Expect it's not complete without Steph as a S&M sex goddess.

Ok, the bell rings, POWER NAP.