Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestlemania 35: The KawadaSmile tribute thread

Ricky Jackson

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, FMKK said:

He can actually talk pretty well. His heel character work is good imo. And tbh, he isn't terrible in the ring either and can be good with the right opponent. Kurt Angle, who can't even stand upright, is not the right opponent for anyone to have a good match with.

Daniel Bryan would have had a great match with him. 

Just now, FMKK said:

He can actually talk pretty well. His heel character work is good imo. And tbh, he isn't terrible in the ring either and can be good with the right opponent. Kurt Angle, who can't even stand upright, is not the right opponent for anyone to have a good match with.

Perhaps I'm missing something.  I don't find any part of his character or act engaging.  The one spot he does well is the old Bossman slide out of the ring and pop in.  Everything else I see is a dud.

3 minutes ago, FMKK said:

Yeah, I've honestly warmed up to his promo work.  He cut a real good promo earlier on the WWE YouTube channel that I was into.  Also he's super entertaining in Xavier Woods' UpUpDownDown and it makes me wish some of that naturally funny personality could shine through his character.

EDIT: also yeah the Bossman slide fucking rules.

1 minute ago, stunning_grover said:

Baron Corbin got plenty of heel heat at a house show I went to last month. I think he's a decent heel.

He boils the piss of a certain type of fan, but because those smarks don't want to admit to being worked, they put heat on the company for pushing him and such.

He's not exactly the greatest wrestler alive but I'm perfectly happy with a douchy guy who knows how to get some heat being pushed and having ok matches rather than just generic people doing the modern day 'great match tropes' performance in a vacuum.