Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestlemania 35: The KawadaSmile tribute thread

Ricky Jackson

1 minute ago, Childs said:

It's amazing how infrequently they nail the Mania finish given that they book the entire year toward it. Bryan in New Orleans was the last one, right?

Rollins at 31 was pretty spot on too. Reigns and Brock had a classic and won the crowd over but everyone on that building went home happy they didn't get a Roman coronation.

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Jmare007 said:

Rollins at 31 was pretty spot on too. Reigns and Brock had a classic and won the crowd over but everyone on that building went home happy they didn't get a Roman coronation.

I remember the Rollins cash-in being really divisive. I know I hated it.

Just now, stunning_grover said:

I guess most of these matches would have come off better if this was a 2-day event. 7 and a half hours really is long.

The main event sure as hell would've.

I know I liked it, but I don't actually know if it was any good or if we watched a classic match. I'm too damn tired to figure it out.

Just now, stunning_grover said:

Worst WrestleMania since WrestleMania 31?

I can't remember a single thing from 32 or 34 besides them having atrocious main events. I'll remember Bryan vs Kofi forever so this Mania has that going against the other ones at least. I did tune out for like an hour after Kofi vs DB though, and after the Cena segment I just watched bits and pieces Hunter vs Bautista.

2 minutes ago, Childs said:

I remember the Rollins cash-in being really divisive. I know I hated it.

I remember PWO hating it because it "tainted" (at least during the moment) the classic Brock and Roman were having. I wasn't happy because fuck Seth Rollins but the live crowd LOVED it.

3 minutes ago, stunning_grover said:

As long as the WWE keeps drawing huge crowds like this for their WrestleManias, I think they're not going to change their mind about these really long WrestleManias...

I can't believe I'm saying this because I was always against this idea but at this point, make Mania a 2 day show that runs 3 hours each. Everyone gets to work on it, WWE sells a ton a of tickets - probably not 2 sellouts but at least they'll get 1 and a big attendance for the other day - and you don't make anyone sit through eternity and ruin the chance of having a big and special moment for the main event.

I only dozed off twice the whole show.... I liked Brock vs Rollins and Kofi vs Bryan. Nothing on the second half of the show stood a chance, the crowd's been there since 4 pm, watching wrestling since 5 pm and was completely spent after Kofi vs Bryan, so those last 6 matches or so just didn't stand a chance. 

2 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

Honestly, 31 was the last good Mania. At the very least, Lesnar/Reigns was the last Mania match that felt worthy of the biggest show of the year .

yeah stunning grover choosing 31 over 32/33 as a bad Mania is a weird choice. Those two shows were brutal. I really liked this show btw. It didn't feel as long to me as the last 3 Manias and I thought Kofi/Bryan and Miz/Shane were great. Main event was very good, although not as great as I was hoping. I didn't even hate Batista/HHH since Batista bumped his ass off and they did some crazy things. Andre Battle Royal and the four way men's tag were a lot of fun as well.

48 minutes ago, C.S. said:

I kinda like the finish. Winning it out of nowhere, by the skin of her teeth, kinda fits the underdog Becky Lynch character. She was never, ever going to make Ronda tap out. Did it feel sudden and WTF-ish at the time it happened? A bit. But it works. And it doesn't matter one bit anyway. Becky won, held two title belts in the air, and had her "WrestleMania moment" in a genuinely historic main event.

No one cares that she won with a roll-up. The problem is the ref counting when the shoulders weren't even close to being down.

Mania was scheduled for 5 PM Eastern to 12:30 AM Eastern. The Network schedule usually covers up to a week. It might be wise for some folks to check the Network schedule. I thought it was bizarre that people were acting shocked that it was going on forever when they could of just looked up the schedule. Funny enough, they ended the show on time whether one thinks it was too long or not.