Jump to content
Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
Ricky Jackson

Wrestlemania 35: The KawadaSmile tribute thread

Recommended Posts

Not sure if I will watch the entire thing. Last year's Mania pretty much killed my desire to watch main roster WWE for the rest of 2018, and I haven't really watched a ton in 2019 either. Will probably dip in and out between watching some old stuff with Shrike02. Main event and Bryan vs Kofi are my only must see matches, but following along with the PWO crew is also a fun way to get through the slog, so who knows, I may get sucked in like previous death march Mainia's. But I'm an old man, so please some of the new blood or those much more positive about the product hype this show up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The ONE match I'm actually interested in is the main event because I have been mostly interested in the women in the last two years or so. So yeah, it's awesome for Charlotte & Becky to main event Mania. And I should probably just go to bed now, get up around 5 in the morning to see where the show is at this point rather than try to stay awake during this chore of a card, knowing I'll never make it to the main event. I'm really tired, only watched like the first hour and a half of the G1 climax, which was like the 7th show of the last three days. I dunno. I'd love to shoot the shit with people on the forum, that being said, well, yeah, it's probably not be very fun unless rain is pouring and the whole thing turns into the longest car crash ever. See you later people, or not. Enjoy the show, or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dipped in and out of this thread last year and it kept me going pretty well. It's completely absurd that we're at a point where I can go to bed after this show has started and get up for work as it's still going on, but I'm off tomorrow so I guess the bigger absurdity is that I'll stay up and watch it. I'm watching it with my brother and one of my friends and there's a goodly amount of beer in my house so we'll see if I don't crash out before the end. I know about no more than four matches that are happening, though. How many fucking wrestlers have they managed to get on the card? Sixty? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be following along off/on tonight via this thread. It's storming outside. We're under a flash flood alert, and I'm stuck here inside the plant at work. So yeah. Here's hoping you guys entertain as always & keep me clued in on what's worth seeking out later this week. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it bad that I want to avoid the Mania party I've been invited to so I can just go to bed at a reasonable hour and check out the rest tomorrow? Is that what getting old is like?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The stage is pretty underwhelming this year unless they can do some mad graphic shit with the super-size screen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The main event and Bryan-Kofi are the only matches I'm really excited about. Although I am kind of looking forward to Joe-Rey and A.J.-Orton. And like most Brock matches, I have a bit of a morbid curiosity in his match to see if it will be another glorified squash or if he'll actually make an effort. Still think Rollins loses though.

Batista-Triple H also has the potential to be high comedy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KB8 said:

I dipped in and out of this thread last year and it kept me going pretty well. It's completely absurd that we're at a point where I can go to bed after this show has started and get up for work as it's still going on, but I'm off tomorrow so I guess the bigger absurdity is that I'll stay up and watch it. I'm watching it with my brother and one of my friends and there's a goodly amount of beer in my house so we'll see if I don't crash out before the end. I know about no more than four matches that are happening, though. How many fucking wrestlers have they managed to get on the card? Sixty? 

Counting everyone confirmed for both battle royals so far, there are 85 people appearing on the card.

If they add NXT stars to the women’s battle royal I can see them exceeding 100.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, El-P said:

What ? Don't tell me the pre-show is starting already ?

Starts at 10pm GMT, so three minute warning

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, FMKK said:

The stage is pretty underwhelming this year unless they can do some mad graphic shit with the super-size screen

 

I hate this LED Era for wrestling stages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They opened the doors to the stadium at about 4 eastern so the opening matches won't be taking place in front of like 4 people like in recent years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want Big E to follow me around and hype me up for everything in my life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sek69 said:

I want Big E to follow me around and hype me up for everything in my life.

I know this is Kofi's moment and all, but I hope this ends up with E getting a singles run. They should all stay friends and stuff instead of doing a big split-up, but he and Woods are definitely worthy of singles focus for their own

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and we go to commercial during the fucking Cruiserweight match, even though we had 20 minutes of rambling beforehand where we could have done that.

Murphy has delivered time after time and it sucks they still don't care.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Buddy Murphy deserves so much better than the pre-show slot every month. He’s the kind of heel who should be in and around the  midcard title scene of a show people actually watch. He always gets over on these pre-shows so he’s well worth a stronger push.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in for the long haul. Got pizza, wings, garlic rolls, and tons of snacks.

Is it just me or does Nese have zero appeal? 

I really respect Buddy Murphy for making the most of things and creating a spot for himself out of thin air.

I hope he gets a Mustafa Ali-like call-up and push on the main roster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stiva said:

Buddy Murphy deserves so much better than the pre-show slot every month. He’s the kind of heel who should be in and around the  midcard title scene of a show people actually watch. He always gets over on these pre-shows so he’s well worth a stronger push.

That's the 205 curse. I guess maybe his physique wouldn't stand out amongst the main guys but if he was doing these matched vs Finn Balor third from last on a regular PPVs show we would definitely be far more over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, C.S. said:

I'm in for the long haul. Got pizza, wings, garlic rolls, and tons of snacks.

Is it just me or does Nese have zero appeal? 

I really respect Buddy Murphy for making the most of things and creating a spot for himself out of thin air.

I hope he gets a Mustafa Ali-like call-up and push on the main roster.

I have to say, I don't really get it with Nese either. He's a big with big muscles who does cruiser spots. Would be a lot cooler if every other guy with muscles these days didn't try to work like a cruiser as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WWE really lucked out with the weather. Unseasonably warm today. Two days ago I drove through light sleet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UGHHH!!!

If this means a call-up for Buddy Murphy, I'm fine with it. Otherwise, WTF?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×