Pro Wrestling Only

Post-Mania TV 2019

FMKK

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loved Usos vs. The Hardyz. They might be the top 2 WWE tag teams ever.

I think The Iconics are the worst act to win a championship in WWE since Maryse was the Divas Champion, but at least the women from that era were barely trained and got no match time so it's not necessarily their fault. I don't get how you can spend years at the Performance Centre and NXT and still be so awful.

They've done a really good job booking the woman's division. They have PPV main events for the next year or so with Becky going against a half dozen women who have been built up as potential contenders. Neither men's title has a single title contender.

51 minutes ago, Strummer said:

No Bryan tonight.  Doubt he gets moved to Raw.  I think he continues with Kofi

I don't think they know who is going where yet, so they've smartly kept a lot of people out of RAW and SD so they aren't tied to any programs before the shakeup.

Bryan going to RAW would make sense but I think he would push against that idea and it's been pretty clear he gets to do what he wants now. If him and Rey are on the same roster, I think that's his next big program, not Kofi.

5 hours ago, C.S. said:

Return of Emma and someone else?

Probably wishful thinking.

I'm 95% sure it's gonna be Nia Jax and Tamina. Just so I couldn't give a fuck and another reason to flip channels when they're on my TV. But I hope I'm wrong. I really, really, really do.

17 minutes ago, SirEdger said:

I'm 95% sure it's gonna be Nia Jax and Tamina. Just so I couldn't give a fuck and another reason to flip channels when they're on my TV. But I hope I'm wrong. I really, really, really do.

While it is a possibility, isn't Paige a face and IIconics heels? Wouldn't be wise to turn her or have heel/heel matches.

Sky Pirates or Candice/Kacy were ideas that I saw on Twitter that would be fucking great.

34 minutes ago, KB8 said:

Were folk chanting "you can't wrestle" at Lars last night? You'd figure the NXT guys would be spared that for at least a few weeks (I may have totally misheard, tbf)...

He's taller than 6'2 and he does do cruiserweight spots so that makes him shit in the eyes of some segments of the audience 

They certainly were. 2019 wrestling fans. 

This fan base is a headache. Not to defend WWE of course, the bait and switch and the get out was a moronic thing to do to that crowd. But I'm not sure how you can truly win them over these days. You had the most 'hardcore' wrestling fans in the world doing a Mexican fucking wave while Ricochet and Alister Black were busting ass for a reaction. Feels like there is no pleasing them. 

I give it two months until Becky Lynch is getting booed out of the building.

5 minutes ago, Badlittlekitten said:

They certainly were. 2019 wrestling fans. 

This fan base is a headache. Not to defend WWE of course, the bait and switch and the get out was a moronic thing to do to that crowd. But I'm not sure how you can truly win them over these days. You had the most 'hardcore' wrestling fans in the world doing a Mexican fucking wave while Ricochet and Alister Black were busting ass for a reaction. Feels like there is no pleasing them. 

I give it two months until Becky Lynch is getting booed out of the building.

I don't think it will happen that quickly, but I expect a year from now when they do the Becky vs Rhonda rematch for Rhonda to return to a big babyface reaction and Becky to have soured by then. 

27 minutes ago, El-P said:

WWE is the only company I know of where this stuff happens. You usually deserve your audience.

Like I said before: when you train your fans not to care, don't get mad at them when they end up not caring.

11 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

While it is a possibility, isn't Paige a face and IIconics heels? Wouldn't be wise to turn her or have heel/heel matches.

Sky Pirates or Candice/Kacy were ideas that I saw on Twitter that would be fucking great.

Or a mix of both, maybe. Candice & Kairi Sane are rumored to be called up for the Superstar Shakeup. Besides, I expect Io Shirai to be the one to take the title from Shayna Baszler. Either way, those options are way more attractive to me as a viewer than Nia & Tamina. I wouldn't even mind Mandy and Sonya but I'd like Sonya to have a solo run.

25 minutes ago, El-P said:

WWE is the only company I know of where this stuff happens. You usually deserve your audience.

No other company has to cater to an audience anywhere near the size of the WWE's though do they.

Plus other companies have rosters of guys with in built Indie Cred. Or guys that have a Worked In Japan tag. Exciting Movesets and High Work Rates.

Roman Reigns just recovered from cancer and he's already getting boos. Better go to RoH and learn some burning hammers.