Jump to content
Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
FMKK

Post-Mania TV 2019

Recommended Posts

Loved Usos vs. The Hardyz. They might be the top 2 WWE tag teams ever.

I think The Iconics are the worst act to win a championship in WWE since Maryse was the Divas Champion, but at least the women from that era were barely trained and got no match time so it's not necessarily their fault. I don't get how you can spend years at the Performance Centre and NXT and still be so awful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They've done a really good job booking the woman's division. They have PPV main events for the next year or so with Becky going against a half dozen women who have been built up as potential contenders. Neither men's title has a single title contender.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They announced Becky can appear on both shows so I guess this gives them the opportunity to run multiple programs with her at the same time 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love a Kofi-Sami feud, with Sami eventually winning the World Title.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Strummer said:

No Bryan tonight.  Doubt he gets moved to Raw.  I think he continues with Kofi

I don't think they know who is going where yet, so they've smartly kept a lot of people out of RAW and SD so they aren't tied to any programs before the shakeup.

 

Bryan going to RAW would make sense but I think he would push against that idea and it's been pretty clear he gets to do what he wants now. If him and Rey are on the same roster, I think that's his next big program, not Kofi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Word is that Drew got injured during the commercial break, thus explaining the reason he vanished.

Sucks. I wanted to see him tag with the Bar for real.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, C.S. said:

Return of Emma and someone else?

Probably wishful thinking.

I'm 95% sure it's gonna be Nia Jax and Tamina. Just so I couldn't give a fuck and another reason to flip channels when they're on my TV. But I hope I'm wrong. I really, really, really do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, SirEdger said:

I'm 95% sure it's gonna be Nia Jax and Tamina. Just so I couldn't give a fuck and another reason to flip channels when they're on my TV. But I hope I'm wrong. I really, really, really do.

While it is a possibility, isn't Paige a face and IIconics heels? Wouldn't be wise to turn her or have heel/heel matches.

Sky Pirates or Candice/Kacy were ideas that I saw on Twitter that would be fucking great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It might be a bit underwhelming if Paige's team was Mandy and Sonya since they're already been around for a while but I think they'd make for decent champs and could have good matches with the right opponents 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Strummer said:

They announced Becky can appear on both shows so I guess this gives them the opportunity to run multiple programs with her at the same time 

So she’ll have two PPV matches going forward?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Were folk chanting "you can't wrestle" at Lars last night? You'd figure the NXT guys would be spared that for at least a few weeks (I may have totally misheard, tbf)...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, KB8 said:

Were folk chanting "you can't wrestle" at Lars last night? You'd figure the NXT guys would be spared that for at least a few weeks (I may have totally misheard, tbf)...

He's taller than 6'2 and he does do cruiserweight spots so that makes him shit in the eyes of some segments of the audience 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They certainly were. 2019 wrestling fans. 

This fan base is a headache. Not to defend WWE of course, the bait and switch and the get out was a moronic thing to do to that crowd. But I'm not sure how you can truly win them over these days. You had the most 'hardcore' wrestling fans in the world doing a Mexican fucking wave while Ricochet and Alister Black were busting ass for a reaction. Feels like there is no pleasing them. 

I give it two months until Becky Lynch is getting booed out of the building.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Badlittlekitten said:

They certainly were. 2019 wrestling WWE fans. 

This fan base is a headache.

WWE is the only company I know of where this stuff happens. You usually deserve your audience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Badlittlekitten said:

They certainly were. 2019 wrestling fans. 

This fan base is a headache. Not to defend WWE of course, the bait and switch and the get out was a moronic thing to do to that crowd. But I'm not sure how you can truly win them over these days. You had the most 'hardcore' wrestling fans in the world doing a Mexican fucking wave while Ricochet and Alister Black were busting ass for a reaction. Feels like there is no pleasing them. 

I give it two months until Becky Lynch is getting booed out of the building.

I don't think it will happen that quickly, but I expect a year from now when they do the Becky vs Rhonda rematch for Rhonda to return to a big babyface reaction and Becky to have soured by then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, El-P said:

WWE is the only company I know of where this stuff happens. You usually deserve your audience.

 

Like I said before: when you train your fans not to care, don't get mad at them when they end up not caring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

While it is a possibility, isn't Paige a face and IIconics heels? Wouldn't be wise to turn her or have heel/heel matches.

Sky Pirates or Candice/Kacy were ideas that I saw on Twitter that would be fucking great.

Or a mix of both, maybe. Candice & Kairi Sane are rumored to be called up for the Superstar Shakeup. Besides, I expect Io Shirai to be the one to take the title from Shayna Baszler. Either way, those options are way more attractive to me as a viewer than Nia & Tamina. I wouldn't even mind Mandy and Sonya but I'd like Sonya to have a solo run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, El-P said:

WWE is the only company I know of where this stuff happens. You usually deserve your audience.

No other company has to cater to an audience anywhere near the size of the WWE's though do they.

Plus other companies have rosters of guys with in built Indie Cred. Or guys that have a Worked In Japan tag. Exciting Movesets and High Work Rates.

Roman Reigns just recovered from cancer and he's already getting boos. Better go to RoH and learn some burning hammers.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Roman wasn't getting boos though, all the reports I heard during Mania were the booing came from people trying to do the wave during the match. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×