Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 04/15 - 04/21: Superstar Shakeup but the real Shakeup is a country who arrests and beats up its teachers

KawadaSmile

In the weekly fuckery from Lana. She uploaded a clip of a couple having sex on her snapchat (possibly her, though I honestly have no clue). Of course people speculated a bunch of stuff. Then she deleted her snap.

I wonder how close WWE is from to banning social media or some wild shit like that :lol:

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know they did a lot to mess with her personally, but Lana really seems like a case study in career suicide. I'm wondering if she has some dirt on Vince and is daring him to fire her, I can't recall someone who seemingly tries harder to get shitcanned that she does. 

Also, on the list of people who Becky could feud with: Ruby Riot. I know she just got squashed by Rousey, but y'know, WWE is a TV show. In Game of Thrones, The Wire, and Breaking Bad and etc. etc., there are always characters who get shown to be small, ineffective, "jobbers." And then those characters pull some chicanery and are a threat again. That's what you hire creative writers for - to come up with ways for Wrestler A to be a threat to Wrestler B. Spitballing here but what if Riot came out and challenged The Man? Lynch responds with, "You tapped to Ronda in what? 3 minutes?" And Riot is embarrassed, angry, pissed off - and now, her mean streak has got meaner, she's going to make life hell for Becky Lynch, she's going to make life hell for every other woman on the roster, and she gets vicious and goes super-heel, cheating and kicking people when they're down, and relishing in the pain of her opponents. And, here's the cherry on the sundae: she's a good worker. She can pull this off. Her promos are good. Her in-ring work is good. If we're ranking women wrestlers on the main roster - where is she? 5? 6?  She had us caring about a Nattie Neidhart feud, people! She. Had. Us. Caring. About. A. Nattie. Feud. 

I agree that there is a wide gulf between the top women and everyone else in terms of "star power" and even in-ring skill. It was made very apparent at Elimination Chamber, in my opinion. But, and I will gladly admit I'm wrong if I am, the WWE does have the best female roster in the US, right? I mean, Riot's real good. I think Charlotte/Naomi would be interesting. Alicia Fox is a great character, if not a great worker. Carmella might be one of the most improved wrestlers, male or female, on the roster over the past 18-24 months. Ember Moon got called up and forgotten immediately despite some good NXT outings and plenty of interesting main roster foils in Alexa Bliss, Mandy Rose, and the aforementioned Alicia Fox. Nikki Cross is another great character that is always fun in multi-man matches and could be spotlighted more. And that's before we get to Liv Morgan, Sarah Logan, and Mandy Rose, who might all be "works in progress" still, but their progress won't go anywhere without more time in front of the TV crowds and in relevant stories. Oh, and Mickie James is around too and seemingly eager to tear it up with all of these women. 

We talk about how much talent the WWE is wasting on the male side of things, but jesus, I'm ALL IN on a WWE show built around Becky, Asuka, Charlotte, Nikki Cross, Alicia Fox, Ruby Riot, Alexa, Bayley, Ember, and Liv Morgan. And Kairi and Shayna too? Characters fucking welcome. 

On 4/16/2019 at 12:26 AM, Badlittlekitten said:

Bray definitely has untapped potential and a babyface run could make him. They're starting off on the wrong foot with these wacky vignettes though.

Has always been a Jim Ross hobby horse. Bray is a character babyface.

I think he's a passable Wrestler but his promos are a killer. I don't think it is a content problem rather it is a content/delivery/sonic issue. Bray has an amazing power to have everyone to tune out as sound as he talks. Like the dirt worst College lecturer you've ever had. 

On 4/17/2019 at 2:30 AM, Charles (Loss) said:

Still don't get the Iiconics. The spelling makes me mad. Laughing at their own jokes so much and doing c-movie level acting makes me mad. And they aren't very good in the ring.

Not a fan especially in-ring level. However, in that regard both showed promise at various stages Billie Kay (SHIMMER/other indies) and Peyton Royce (NXT in spurts). No idea what happened in the process.

The double II denotes how close they are on and offscreen platonically.

14 hours ago, Charles (Loss) said:

She's supposed to be an old-time Southern belle, which is incredibly short-sighted for someone who grew up homeless, whose father died of a drug overdose, and who served in specialized units in the US Marine Corps. I don't understand why those aren't the stories they tell on TV.

I know there's a lot of controversy on social media about her some of her posts in the past that have come from ignorance rather than true malice but the WWE/NXT women are really besotted with her and main roster wise she already has a rep for being easy to deal with. If you listen to Lilian Garcia's podcast Lacey journals/diaries everything and goes into the next day with this half marine like/half religious zeal correcting everything she did wrong the previous day. Also, she deeply doesn't want to pass on her family's dysfunction/addiction cycle to her daughter. 

4 hours ago, rovert said:

I know there's a lot of controversy on social media about her some of her posts in the past that have come from ignorance rather than true malice but the WWE/NXT women are really besotted with her and main roster wise she already has a rep for being easy to deal with. If you listen to Lilian Garcia's podcast Lacey journals/diaries everything and goes into the next day with this half marine like/half religious zeal correcting everything she did wrong the previous day. Also, she deeply doesn't want to pass on her family's dysfunction/addiction cycle to her daughter. 

Someone coming from a dysfunctional/difficult family but wanting to break the cycle and and create a positive path for her daughter is a strong babyface act if they actually wanted to present her as such

5 hours ago, rovert said:

Has always been a Jim Ross hobby horse. Bray is a character babyface.

I think he's a passable Wrestler but his promos are a killer. I don't think it is a content problem rather it is a content/delivery/sonic issue. Bray has an amazing power to have everyone to tune out as sound as he talks. Like the dirt worst College lecturer you've ever had. 

His promos are too abstract or sure. My favorite Twitter game during his longer promos is, "Bray Wyatt Line or Creed Lyric?"

Well, yes.

Sasha has been called every name in the book, been laughed at, been called a baby, people talked about her attitude problems and whatnot. Harper asks his release ? Awesome, great talent, deserved much better, gonna kill it in the indies...

Also, apparently dropping the belt was not the only issue, the fact they were gonna get split as a team was also a reason why they were pissed, Meltz said. Which is perfectly understandable. Bailey & Sasha's booking has been horrendous last year (the "feud that wasn't a feud"), and now this ?

1 hour ago, PhilTLL said:

This is a really weird end to your promo.

Yea. I was a couple beers deep when I wrote that rant.

I think what I was trying (but failed) to convey was that, if you look at the female roster, you have a bunch of colorful, interesting characters (moreso than the men). While not every one is a great worker, I'd rather watch Alicia Fox feud with Nikki Cross in a battle of the crazies over just about any Seth Rollins or Dolph Ziggler or Kevin Owens match you could think of. That, at her most heel, Alexa Bliss was one of the best all-around characters on the whole roster - and ran circles around certain guys with more experience and indie cred (*cough* Bobby Roode *cough*) in terms of making me care about their matches. That I think there are interesting stories to tell with Naomi practically living under the glass ceiling, Carmella being a 2nd generation performer, etc.

2 hours ago, El-P said:

Well, yes.

Sasha has been called every name in the book, been laughed at, been called a baby, people talked about her attitude problems and whatnot. Harper asks his release ? Awesome, great talent, deserved much better, gonna kill it in the indies...

Also, apparently dropping the belt was not the only issue, the fact they were gonna get split as a team was also a reason why they were pissed, Meltz said. Which is perfectly understandable. Bailey & Sasha's booking has been horrendous last year (the "feud that wasn't a feud"), and now this ?

Can you honestly tell me with a straight face that Harper had as many opportunities in the spotlight than Sasha did? The Four Horsewomen have pretty much been the most featured women in the division in the past 3 years, in exception to Alexa Bliss. Harper's opportunities came very few and far between and granted that injuries derailed most of those, it's still baffling that a guy that can move the way he does - and the most naturally gifted of all 3 Wyatt Family members back then - was as poorly used as Harper was. If they found something to do for Rowan (which I have nothing against, I think his pairing with Daniel Bryan works great for the dynamic they're portrayting), they could've easily featured Harper in more prominent roles.

Well, the reason why people are reacting differently to Sasha than Harper is probably because:

1. Harper doesn't post a bunch of cryptic "look at me" attention-seeking tweets.

2. Sasha has had a much bigger push and many more opportunities (as @SirEdger pointed out), even if we can all agree that she hasn't been pushed as much or as strongly as we'd like. (Join the club, Sasha - you're not in rare company there.)

With that said, it doesn't mean Sasha is entirely wrong (she isn't) or doesn't have legitimate grievances (she does). 

Oh, I've never questioned her grievances. I understand her frustration about dropping the Women's Tag Titles this quickly when they thought they'd have a long reign to establish their credibility. I don't even think they had an issue with eventually dropping them to the IIconics. I can also understand her disappointment at seeing the Boss N' Hug Connection being split that early (although they should've established that one year earlier instead of all that love/hate fuckery). At best, I'm amused by her high school bickering with Alexa Bliss. But if you wanna be perceived as a professional in any business, don't throw hissy fits and temper tantrums the way she's done historically since her call up to the main roster. You can be right about your gripes over something but the way you handle it changes EVERYTHING.

Being pro active is the way to go. Becky Lynch was getting jobbed out left and right and barely making tv not to long ago. Instead of being sulky on social media she used it creatively as a platform to get over and create a groundswell of support. Mania pre-show to Mania headliner. 

Maybe Sasha should use the time to learn how to cut a promo.

The truth is that wrestlers don't owe any of us an explanation and aren't required to stay in jobs where they aren't happy. That sounds harsher than I mean it, but it's a sense of entitlement among fans that bugs me. Who cares if it's a bad reason, even if it is? It's her reason. She doesn't have to justify it to anyone else.

10 minutes ago, Charles (Loss) said:

The truth is that wrestlers don't owe any of us an explanation and aren't required to stay in jobs where they aren't happy. That sounds harsher than I mean it, but it's a sense of entitlement among fans that bugs me. Who cares if it's a bad reason, even if it is? It's her reason. She doesn't have to justify it to anyone else.

4 minutes ago, Charles (Loss) said:

Either way, it's not my business.

I agree it's not our business, but when you post something on social media as Sasha does, it's public and therefore becomes "everyone's business." Right or wrong, that's the reality of social media. She could have easily kept her issues private, as Harper (mostly) did. No one was forcing her to air her issues and face the inevitable judgment and backlash that comes along with it.

40 minutes ago, SirEdger said:

At best, I'm amused by her high school bickering with Alexa Bliss.

Even though I think Sasha is probably the best overall wrestler of the women, I would push Alexa Bliss over her every single time.

1. Alexa can cut a promo. Sasha still struggles with this. Can you imagine Sasha with her own talk segment like Bliss has? I can't.

2. Alexa can play face or heel. Sasha has been a mediocre-at-best face, and that's being kind.

3. Alexa seems like she gets the media stuff, ambassador stuff, etc. far more than Sasha. She also doesn't continually embarrass herself or the company on social media. 

Just now, BigBadMick said:

I agree, Loss. But extending that to its logical conclusion would remove all celebrity from the world.

Except, there are plenty of Hollywood celebrities - far bigger stars than Sasha Banks is or ever will be - who manage to maintain a relative degree of privacy. 

For example, what do we really know about the private lives of, say, Tom Hanks, Mark Ruffalo, or Christian Bale? (Or Molly Ringwald? :)) Not much.