WWE TV 04/29 - 05/05 Bolsonaro's strategy is worse than Jon Snow's

KawadaSmile

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Herodes said:

Oh god Becky’s “acting”

On a show with horrid MITB segments for both the men and women, Bobby Lashley proving that he's DOA on the microphone without Lio Rush as his mouthpiece, and other boring garbage I've already forgotten about, your big objection is Becky actually sounding natural and showing fire and charisma? She ain't The Rock, but she was easily the best speaker on this show.

3 minutes ago, Herodes said:

Sounding natural? Jesus are standards that low? She’s terrible

Tonight they are. This show has been brutally bad for promos and segments.

When the "highlight" of tonight's Raw is a back hair shaving segment, well, that tells you all you need to know about the overall quality of the show.

Zayn is on fire. And yeah, Vince seems to have his hand all over this with the "quitting" stuff.

10 minutes ago, sek69 said:

The Usos and the Good Brothers had a pretty nice tag team match, so there was that.

Zero stakes and predictable result. A "great match" means nothing to me if I'm given no reason to care

These forced catchphrases from Seth and AJ are cringe-worthy.

8 minutes ago, sek69 said:

He went on to say it was no big deal, he always is looking for outside bookings. Since that's a thing WWE always allows their talent to do and all.

:D :lol: :D

It's a good thing I started watching Game of Thrones for real (only watched this past Sunday's episode) and I am hooked to the NBA playoffs.

Got time to watch Joe/Rey, which was solid, and the main event segment was fine too. They need to have more faces in the RAW roster, but do I wish they turned either of those guys...

12 hours ago, fakeplastictrees said:

The coded language on Miz TV was more disturbing that the back shaving. WWE is behind the times on so many things.

What was the coded language? I was too bored by the segment and taken aback by Lashley's lack of mic skills to notice anything amiss.

Lashley's accomplishments are due to being " athletically gifted" and having a ton of "raw natural talent". Miz, on the other hand, accomplished his title victories without the "raw natural talent" and had to use hard work and his intelligence. To be fair, Miz did not specifically go down the hard work and intelligence route, but this is a historically bad narrative that has been pushed in American sports for a very long time. I am not sure how Miz was suppose to be the face in that exchange.

1 hour ago, fakeplastictrees said:

I am not sure how Miz was suppose to be the face in that exchange.

Agreed. I actually had to remind myself that Miz was the face and Lashley was the heel. It was so bad that I was wondering if we were witnessing a turn.

3 hours ago, FMKK said:

How can they be coming out of Wrestlemania with three feelgood babyface victories and have such a dead, lifeless show within a couple of weeks. There are absolutely no storylines ongoing whatsoever other than Shane vs Miz.

Yup.

Watching these shows, who the fuck are people supposed to perceive as being pushed? Who's an ace? Who has momentum?

These are rhetorical questions, because the answer is nobody. You could squint your eyes & tilt your head just right and pretend it's Becky or it's Kofi or something.

But really, they already feel like yesterday's news. It sure seems like they're prepping for people to take their belts. And, as you noted, they JUST experienced what should have felt like their career milestones at Mania. But there's practically zero momentum behind their stuff.

Even the strongest "pushed" acts feel like they're riding on residual fumes. It's such a nothing-happening presentation overall.

They have such a deficit of actual star power, too. They should be thirsty as fuck for ANYBODY to catch fire & feel like a big deal. But even when it falls in their laps, they have to cool things off and maintain their 50/50 nonsense. Nobody is allowed to cut a swath or wreck shop in the way that's needed to feel like something special.

Product is ice cold. I enjoyed the Big O stuff with The New Day but Kofi as champ vs Owens doesn't feel me with excitement. Roman getting tied with the authority again stinks. The Styles/Rollins contract signing was pretty cringe. Only good thing going is The Becky 2 belts/Lacey Evans stuff, which actually felt like its building to a fight. Horror show this week. 

Oh and Miz being stuck with Shane again is horseshit. Was only a year ago when it felt like Miz could be slotted into the main event picture. Now here he is getting stooged by Shane o fucking Mac.