Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 04/29 - 05/05 Bolsonaro's strategy is worse than Jon Snow's

KawadaSmile

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I read on Twitter, this could be partially explained by some areas of the US that didn't have access to the show because of bad weather (probably power outage and everything). But that's still very alarming and Vince needs to get his shit together rather than booking the Revival in back shaving jokes because they don't want to sign new deals.

Between Luke Harper getting royally fucked for politely asking his release publicly and the Revival being humiliated on TV for simply not signing a new deal, Sasha's "taking her shit and going back home" stuff doesn't look like the worse idea in the world after all. 

But yeah, they let 50 years old Dustin go. Good guys they are.

It's crazy they are getting all this money when their product is sinking to the lowest lows of popularity. This company is WCW, except with two awesome (uh uh) money deals.

15 minutes ago, El-P said:

Per Meltzer, Vince didn't want to let Dustin go either but Hunter talked him into allowing him to leave. 

As far as the business goes, everything else is just shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic without acknowledging that Vince is deep in "am I out of touch? No, it's the kids who are out of touch!" mode. 

48 minutes ago, El-P said:

Between Luke Harper getting royally fucked for politely asking his release publicly and the Revival being humiliated on TV for simply not signing a new deal, Sasha's "taking her shit and going back home" stuff doesn't look like the worse idea in the world after all. 

It's crazy they are getting all this money when their product is sinking to the lowest lows of popularity. This company is WCW, except with two awesome (uh uh) money deals.

Oh, it gets better....well, worse, but it's funny for fuckery purposes

(they quote Dave btw)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Matt Riddle finally found to loophole to be high as fuck without any worries.

20 hours ago, Herodes said:

Sounding natural? Jesus are standards that low? She’s terrible

Agreed, some really cringeworthy stuff through the the WM build and especially since, I think it's getting worse. On the other hand, I do think Lacey Evans has been fantastic playing her character and I hope she wins the title.

10 minutes ago, Alucard said:

Agreed, some really cringeworthy stuff through the the WM build and especially since, I think it's getting worse. On the other hand, I do think Lacey Evans has been fantastic playing her character and I hope she wins the title.

If they have Becky main event Mania only to turn around and lose to Lacey fucking Evans, that's a massive creative failure.

Yes, Lacey has been excellent, but that doesn't mean she has to win her first major title match. 

And yes, before you point it out, booking her to lose her first major title match is also problematic.

So, maybe WWE shouldn't have rushed this match so soon. It's almost like they've forgotten how to book.

Especially because the Lacey Evans character is so strong - just as a gimmick - that it would benefit from her defeating a "less classy" babyface like the "tomboys" Nattie and Bayley or the "crazy" Nikki Cross. 

I know its not a perfect comparison, but like, it made sense when Luger showed up as the Narcissist that he would feud with Mr. Perfect rather than get thrusted into a title match against Bret. With Evans, you have a gimmick that is based on her being a "lady" and while "The Man" is the obvious feud, its not like you can't run her against other non-traditional symbols of femininity (again, Bayley, Nattie, Cross, and Naomi spring to mind). 

But WWE booking themselves into dumbass corners is about as new as learning as Raw has hit a ratings low. Meaning: not very.

At this point, they might as well put the belt on Lacey though. They've put in the work to present her consistently, which is more than can be said for just about anyone else.

Becky is not Stone Cold. She's not presented half as strong as Austin was after Mania 13, much less his Mania 14 main event. She's just not pushed or presented in that light. I would not be surprised in the slightest if they took the belt off her as early as next week. They just have no vision and no conviction to stick with anything or anyone specific anymore.

Hey, look. NoDQ.com is still a thing! That's cool.

But right. WWE booking is fucking atrocious.

33 minutes ago, SirEdger said:

Other than to blame writers, they're not gonna do anything. Ultimately, the buck stops with Vince. Everything is approved by him. So, largely, he is the problem.

I think if they would just stop pushing Baron Corbin things would get better. Like come on TV and say "we are sorry we have done this to you the last 6 months, we promise that Baron is going to be a mid-carder and not be on TV for more than 10 minutes a show from now on." That would be a good start to fixing things.

16 minutes ago, C.S. said:

Lio Rush is going on a Twitter spree and addressing rumors. Way too much to embed here. 

https://twitter.com/itsLioRush

I'm on his side, personally.

Agreed in the sense of it's clear he probably ran afoul of some WWE Locker Room Rules horseshit that no real adults care about, but I hate when wrestlers bash "the dirtsheets" in one sentence and then go on to basically confirm everything they said in the next. It's just adding to the annoying "fake news" narrative that people who actually do reporting have to deal with all the time. 

Let's be honest, tomorrow WWE offers the entire main roster a chance to leave. Who walks? The Revival, Sasha, Bayley(?), The Club, Tyler Breeze, Harper, Ziggler (?). Honestly, I can see about 15-20 people easily wanting to explore AAA, CMLL, NJPW, ROH, Impact, or AEW. If there was a time in the last 10 years to really explore one's worth, now is the time. The brand is the draw non-sense works in a barren landscape. I am not going to pretend that TJ Perkins and Tye Dillinger being out in the wild now is going to light the world on fire but the combination of a motivated wrestlers like Ziggler and a company that actually gives a damn and isn't operating like WCW 1994, and there will be problems. The fans have made it clear that they want stars and not this cog in the machine presentation WWE has gotten away with over the last 10 (if not longer) years or so. Vince doesn't want anyone to be bigger than the WWE brand for a reason. I get it. But his fear of being stood up yet again is going to continue to cause people to leave the product.

As for the Lio Rush stuff, I with him. It is pretty obvious WWE is a toxic place to work. Reading the Glassdoor reviews and listening to wrestler shoot interviews, I am not surprised to hear someone is on a shit list because he doesn't want to play WWE games. I cannot imagine owning a bakery and hiring one of the best bakers in the world and then have that guy do everything but bake and then get upset because he wants to bake and believes he is the best baker in the world and can make both him and I a ton of money. Isn't that what I hired him for? Isn't making millions of dollars good for both our families? Vince's brass ring speech is very famous, but the moment someone actually gets over with WWE, then that person gets buried. God forbid someone have confidence that wasn't given to them by WWE. Wasn't Shawn Michaels confident individual? Bret Hart as well. And let's not pretend Hogan, Savage, Warrior, Flair, and others were humble as humble can be. There is no one way someone can read the Rush story and come to the conclusion that Rush is the heel in all of this. He comes off as the biggest babyface. A guy who knows his worth and wants to do a good job while showcasing his skills to the world. Rush is not satisfied with just getting a check and doing hazing routines that are in place by a billion dollar company to keep The Gratitude Era going. A man who wants to reach for the brass ring and feels his skills are better utilized not handing out bottled water is, to some people, the heel in all of this?!

The only thing making Lio seem like a "heel" to internet fans is the rumor of heat with "the nicest guy in the locker room" Finn Balor.

Now, maybe that is true about Finn, but is a guy that handsome and chiseled really as nice as his rep? Who knows. History usually says otherwise when it comes to guys who look like Finn. But it would be unfair to speculate either way. 

AJ has a similar rep, but then we heard homophobic rumors about him, so you never can tell.

I'd give other examples, but that would be opening up a huge can of worms that I don't want to get into now. 

I am operating under the impression all of this is true. We don't know. The true is always somewhere in the middle. Assuming the news is true, who is Finn Balor? Who is Finn Balor to tell someone who can and cannot be in the locker room? If he feel its his duty to keep people out of trouble, is he keeping the same energy with Cena, Mysterio, Ronda, and Taker's S.O. show up? Or is this done with the people he feels he can bully? Maybe Balor and Rush are friends and Balor wanted to let Rush know because Balor heard rumblings and didn't want his friend to get into trouble? Who knows?

I've heard some people speculate that the "You are the authority now" promo played a part in ratings dropping even more than usual the past few months. The McMahons openly acknowledged that the show sucked, but they haven't done anything to make it not suck since then. Specifically, they directly blamed Baron Corbin for the show sucking but continued to feature him in a prominent role. I'm sure most fans realize that Corbin doesn't actually have any control over the creative process, but recognizing that he has go-away heat with so many fans but continuing to push him feels like a huge FU to the fanbase.

I think Corbin is a perfectly fine midcard gatekeeper. He just isn't a top guy no matter how hard they try.  And he gets way too much air time.

and I'm liking Shane's heel run but man Roman is back facing the Authority stuff.  Basically a carbon copy of the early 2016 run.  League of Nations reunion next ?