• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, C.S. said:

Let's hope it's the Universal Title.

This guy gets it.

2 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Man, having those two segments run back to back show how bad Seth is as a top star.

It's such a bizarre situation right now. There's almost no evidence that they THEMSELVES are convinced Seth can cut it as a top guy - zero promotional effort behind the guy really, no clear direction in marketing him, no focus on his merchandising, and nothing in general that they usually stockpile into their true top guys.

Yet there he is. Banana peeling his way into another awful main event run by way of being in the right place at the right time. What in the actual fuck did we do to deserve this fresh serving of nightmare?

2 hours ago, FMKK said:

What if they book some actual fucking feuds with storyline development instead of just tinkering about with roster reboots?

Madness.

What is this logical, reasonable business strategy you speak of?

It sounds like far too much work.

Just now, Charles (Loss) said:

Bryan is back, which gives the company exactly one heel that is a bonafide top guy.

Which might put them above the 0 top faces it feels like they have.

Yes, you could argue Roman, but he’s in such a weird place now. Fans won’t boo him cause Cancer but they still don’t really cheer him at this point either. He’s just... there

2 hours ago, Charles (Loss) said:

I raise everyone that John Cena once main evented a PPV in a match where he didn't even get in a single offensive move.

I'd agree with this but I think Bryan gets the win because he's never been known to politic his way into a win unless I'm forgetting something.

Crazy theory : WWE is sabotaging themselves on purpose so AEW doesn't get a TV deal because pro-wrestling is shit now. Since they already are set for a few years, it doesn't matter. And then they can get better by the fall....

Ok, they just suck ass and are in total panic mode.

AEW can't happen soon enough, that will have them totally lose their shit, if they've not reached that point yet.

I don't know how they thought Roman was going to fix anything. He's been gone for like 2 weeks and ratings were already freefalling with him. 

The two constants of this massive decline are Seth Rollins and Baron Corbin. Seth Rollins already has a proven track record as a ratings killer as champion and you can see the ratings just die the more time Corbin gets on TV. Get rid of Corbin and put the belt on AJ Styles and see if maybe things stabilize a bit. 

When you really think about it, it's amazing how the managed to fuck up Roman Reigns coming back from leukemia. They had one last shot to make him The Man and maybe it would work that time if you surfed on the positive emotion. 

They could have made CM Punk a star. They fought him until he was too fed up and quit.

They could have made Daniel Bryan a star. They fought the audience to the point they fucked up their relationship with them, which killed Roman's push.

Yep. Cena is the last real star they made. They made zilch in the 2010s.

This is pretty far down the list of things wrong with last night's Raw, but watch this segment. After Seth insisted that there was no chance he would team with AJ, Vince said "Yes you are" and he just stood there and pouted. He looked like a child being forced to do his homework. You couldn't have made him look like a bigger geek if you tried.

20 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

This is pretty far down the list of things wrong with last night's Raw, but watch this segment. After Seth insisted that there was no chance he would team with AJ, Vince said "Yes you are" and he just stood there and pouted. He looked like a child being forced to do his homework. You couldn't have made him look like a bigger geek if you tried.

Hence why the star making machine is dead. When you treat something as special people with perceive it as special. They present these guys as geeks and not larger than life then have the nerve to be surprise when the audience don't flock to them. 

If I weren't so lazy, I would make a thread questioning if the Usos are the best tag team to have come through WWF/WWE. I actually think they might be & if not, it's close. 

That being said, this new "comedy" (I guess?) that they're doing with the Revival is not doing any of them any favors. 

Everyone looking like geeks is the direct result of decades without competition, leading to guys walking on eggshells afraid to get fired since it was the only game in town.  When the company has all the leverage, there's no impetus to create stars because why bother?  Not having to appease top guys by keeping them strong so they don't leave is one of the more underrated aspects of WWE being the only game in town.

17 minutes ago, El-P said:

Then again, I'm not sure what's the benefit of using Rhyno... At this stage of his career, he may be quite happy to get paid to sit at home too.

Apparently, the opposite is the case. WWE offered him a new contract that was double his current deal and he turned it down because he wanted to be on the road helping younger talent and didn't just want to sit at home and collect a paycheck.