Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 5/13 - 5/19: Raw is Megaman

NintendoLogic

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Badlittlekitten said:

Also Corbin pinned the world champion last week. No way he should be losing to mid card Ricochet.

Everything wrong about it is summed up there. No way Corbin should still be pushed, he's proven death. And no way Ricochet should be another mid card guy at this point. They have no stars and they made Ricochet "just a guy" in a matter of a few weeks. 

7 hours ago, C.S. said:

No thoughts on that insane Firefly Fun House? Yowie wowie!

It looks like they're trying to give Bray a split personality. It kind of reminds me of Abyss and Joseph Park. Is Chris Parks part of the creative team?

Also, Rambling Rabbit completely no-sold being eaten. That's worse than Hogan popping up from Vader's powerbomb.

I didn't like the Firefly Fun House this week. Seems like a punt to me, even if the intention was always to re-introduce the old Bray Wyatt (Now with mask!) through this "new Bray Wyatt" character. Evil children's TV host is a very tough character to turn into a wrestling persona (as we all said after the first video), but I think there was at least a feeling like, "Hey, if you're going to strike out, you might as well take the biggest swing possible."

A split personality where one of the halves is just the old Bray Wyatt with a new catchphrase and slightly altered look is meh to me. Its like they actually convinced me that this new persona could work and then pulled it back for something many of us stopped caring about years ago. 

I think the reveal on screen should have probably coincided with him being there live. He reveals himself on screen, the lights come up and he's standing behind whoever it is he's working with. That all depends on them having someone lined up for him of course.

So Lars got sent to sensitivity training for the stuff he's said, but he also got fined $100,000 which is bullshit considering he didn't work for them at the time he said what he said.

So either it's a gimmick fine designed to squash the growing uproar about him being a racist shitlord, or they just legit fined a guy a major chunk of his yearly salary for some shit that happened when he wasn't even in the business yet. 

While I generally don't have an issue with the fine that was imposed on Lars; it is extremely ironic that this is announced and this happens on the Smackdown tapings:

Spoiler

The new name of Asuka & Kairi Sane is the "Kabuki Warriors".    Boy I have a bad feeling about the kind of promos they IIconics do for this one

I came on here last night to read about the two shows this week (as the go home to a PPV) only to find this thread as dead as an Evolve crowd.

I see Smackdown hit a record low viewership so it isn't just PWO. Stuff is sad

Edit: there was a time I when I would have lost it to hear Rey and Cesaro had had a match. That is a massive dream match for me. But now I am completely apathetic.

1 hour ago, KawadaSmile said:

Hey, can't blame people for not tuning in. NBA playoffs seem to be an all timer this year

Doesn't just feel like WWE. PWO as a whole seems a lot less active than it used to feel. Maybe that's due to the shows being worse, or Twitter/other social media being easier or whatever, I don't know. Need to get some new fish.

37 minutes ago, Coffey said:

Doesn't just feel like WWE. PWO as a whole seems a lot less active than it used to feel. Maybe that's due to the shows being worse, or Twitter/other social media being easier or whatever, I don't know. Need to get some new fish.

tbh activity fell off a cliff after the GWE voting and doesn’t seem to have recovered since

would put this down to the development of Wrestling Twitter and other such spaces.  the message board in general is a dying medium, aside from the occasional niche community such as board gaming (and even there, Discord is steadily taking over).

the character of wrestling fandom is changing too, in a way that’s less suited for forums.  among younger generations i see a whole lot less star ratings, and more headcanons & fanfics.  tl;dr wrestling is basically anime anymore

combine that with the irrelevant TV product since WM and welp,