Pro Wrestling Only

RIP Ashley Massaro

KawadaSmile

Considering military culture, I can totally see how that stuff could happen without anyone saying jackshit. Sexual abuse and the covering of it is totally part of the military culture.

The fact a 39 years old women with a daughter just hung herself maybe because she got raped by military pigs while working for WWE and got told by WWE executive to slide that "bad experience" under the rug. The long-term consequences of rape are totally undersold. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's always amusing to hear broad sweeping pronouncements on military culture from people with zero first-hand experience, but sexual assault in the military is like sexual assault in the civilian world in that it almost never involves a stranger or a weapon. It beggars belief that some random schmuck would be able to drug and kidnap a celebrity with no one in the USO being the wiser. I'm all for believing women, but that doesn't mean being blindly credulous when there are details that don't add up.

Well, not believing women who say that have been raped because "some details don't add up" is actually what happens most of the time anyway... Well, that girl ended up killing herself and the WWE was über quick to publish extracts from some e-mails to absolves themselves before anyone asked any questions. So there, it's an awful story no matter what.

3 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

It's always amusing to hear broad sweeping pronouncements on military culture from people with zero first-hand experience, but sexual assault in the military is like sexual assault in the civilian world in that it almost never involves a stranger or a weapon. It beggars belief that some random schmuck would be able to drug and kidnap a celebrity with no one in the USO being the wiser. I'm all for believing women, but that doesn't mean being blindly credulous when there are details that don't add up.

Let's not pretend the military doesn't have issues with sexual assault amongst its own ranks that tend to get ignored or fall through the cracks, let alone one involving a civilian.

Let's just say when two entities known to have issues with assault come together, I tend to believe any stories that come out. Especially the detail that was given in her description. Like someone on the WO board stated, if she made up the assault, she missed her calling as a horror writer because those details were ghastly. I'm generally in the "believe women who say they were assaulted" camp, but WWE trying to conflate her apologizing for getting involved in Kyros's CTE suit by making it seem like she was admitting her assault was made up is the kind of slimy ass bullshit you'd expect them to do to someone they fear had the goods to fuck their day up. I just hope Maria or anyone else she confided in breaks their silence before it turns into a sludge of neckbeards and WWE apologists tripping over themselves to smear a person no longer around to defend themselves.

WWE Media Statement

WWE is saddened by the death of Ashley Massaro, and we reiterate our condolences to her family. However, we regret that her attorney Konstantine Kyros, who filed multiple cases against WWE, lost all of them, and was sanctioned multiple times by the Court for repeated misconduct and false allegations, is using Ashley's death to further his malicious campaign against WWE by releasing an affidavit that she submitted to the Court and later apologized to WWE for being involved with, so we wish to make certain things crystal clear.

At no time was Vince McMahon or the management of WWE ever informed by Ashley Massaro or anybody else that she had been sexually assaulted, drugged, raped or sodomized by a military doctor with a nurse standing guard while on a goodwill tour in 2007 to U.S. military bases in Kuwait. In fact, if she ever articulated such a claim to WWE, we would have reported it immediately to the Base Commander.

At no time was there ever a meeting with Vince McMahon, Kevin Dunn, John Laurinaitis or other company executives in which she told them of such a claim and was instructed to keep it quiet.

Translation: WWE will get away scott free again because Konstantine Kyros is a scamming snake oil salesman of a lawyer. It's a shame someone honest and credible wasn't behind any of these suits. It would be a different story then.

She apparently got hooked on drugs after being injured numerous times in WWE (they put her in the ring with no training after winning the Diva Search). 

Also Reby Hardy blames her for Matt's drug problems starting back in the day as well, she made an ass out of herself on Twitter coming off like she was happy to hear Ashley died.

On 5/21/2019 at 2:10 PM, Al said:

The affidavits aren't new, they've been out a couple years. Why did this get glossed over and missed so badly while she was still alive?

Ashley's affidavit was not available to the public until Friday. The allegation was only known about in broad strokes from what was alleged in the amended complaint after she joined the lawsuit. 

I can remember in being reported at the time that Kevin Dunn had a creepy obsession with her and was convinced she could be the next top female star in the company. It was his idea for her to be on Survivor.  The way that it was reported was like Dunn was a lovesick little boy following her around. I always felt bad for her reading that stuff

WWE : we are saddened about this girl who didn't work for us anymore's death but BOUHHHHHH WE DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT ANY DRUG RAPE PEOPLE ARE MEAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNN TO US WE'RE GOOD GUYS AND HUMANITARIANS !!!!!

Stay tuned : next : a progaganda show for the Saudi Regime.

They have a knack for painting themselves as victims, haven't they ?

On 5/22/2019 at 3:20 PM, NintendoLogic said:

The affidavit says that Ashley confided in Maria Kanellis shortly afterward, so she should be able to corroborate it one way or the other.

Interesting bit from Meltz in the latest WOR, coming from talking to McDevitt, Maria apparently is saying she "doesn't remember". Which is one odd take on this thing. I mean, either it's not true, either you probably remember your co-worker/friend telling you she just got raped.

It's sad the fact a bad lawyer writing a shitty lawsuit will make this a non-issue. Either case, what a tragic story.

Even setting aside the Kuwait story, WWE doesn't come across well at all in the Observer obit. Not only did they throw her in the ring with no training, they prevented her from getting trained on her own when the injuries started piling up. Her family should seriously consider filing a wrongful death lawsuit if doctors discover CTE.

3 hours ago, El-P said:

Interesting bit from Meltz in the latest WOR, coming from talking to McDevitt, Maria apparently is saying she "doesn't remember". Which is one odd take on this thing. I mean, either it's not true, either you probably remember your co-worker/friend telling you she just got raped.

It's sad the fact a bad lawyer writing a shitty lawsuit will make this a non-issue. Either case, what a tragic story.

Maria also kinda-maybe-sorta asked for her release before backtracking, so she's in a rough spot when it comes to this. Also it's McDevitt stating she is saying she doesn't remember which is different than Maria saying it herself. 

3 hours ago, Pterois said:

EL-P, are you feminist ?

I guess.

2 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

Even setting aside the Kuwait story, WWE doesn't come across well at all in the Observer obit. Not only did they throw her in the ring with no training, they prevented her from getting trained on her own when the injuries started piling up. Her family should seriously consider filing a wrongful death lawsuit if doctors discover CTE.

Yep, no shit. Meltz is apparently going hard on the fact they throw her basically with no training which is why she got injured as much as she did, which could also have led to substance abuse and depression (not to mention the Kuwait "incident" that might have happened).

36 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Maria also kinda-maybe-sorta asked for her release before backtracking, so she's in a rough spot when it comes to this. Also it's McDevitt stating she is saying she doesn't remember which is different than Maria saying it herself. 

Agreed. 

17 minutes ago, C.S. said:

Imagine if Jerry McDevitt ever had a falling out with WWE. He (literally?) knows where the bodies are buried.

He's got them by the balls. He'll get everything he ever wants from them.

14 minutes ago, fxnj said:

Buried in all the hoopla about WWE’s response, here’s WWE’s lawyers themselves acknowledging in court filings that some sort of incident was reported using classic misleading lawyer speak

The more we know about this, the more it seems like this is a really, really fucked up situation. Obstetric violence is a thing, so... Yeah, not good at all.

• goodhelmet pinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/16/2019 at 1:08 PM, El-P said:

And Maria Kanellis and her husband have just signed a 5 year new contract apparently. Because they are sooooo valuable to the company. 

What does this have to do with Ashley Massaro's death? Am I missing something, or did you accidentally post this in the wrong thread?

28 minutes ago, C.S. said:

What does this have to do with Ashley Massaro's death? Am I missing something, or did you accidentally post this in the wrong thread?

On 5/23/2019 at 5:29 PM, El-P said: