Pro Wrestling Only

Money In The Bank 2019

WingedEagle

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was obvious he was coming back since it was clear he was done with UFC. It's fine if they use him as a monster for Seth to overcome, but if they go back to Brock as perma-champ then it makes everything they've done redundant.

Look, Vince and FOX want Brock around. I totally understand that. He's a name that still gets attention from the mainstream world. And the idea of Brock with the MITB case is cool. But again, me personally? I've been tired of Brock and Heyman for a long time. I will say that Brock's smile as he took the case was great. He's a great heel.

Watched only the women matches. Nikki Cross is the most annoying character on a decent worker in a long while. Half Bushwhackers Half Ultimate Warrior. It' was allright, although way too choreographed in spots. I mean, the ending was kinda stupid, with all the girls selling forever and Bayley popping up from nowhere. Why the other ones stayed down, they took the same bump ? 

I thought Lacey Evans did quite allright, all things considered. She's indeed really good as a character. Completely generic music theme though, it doesn't make her look different. The booking was at least conducive toward something a bit exciting, with Charlotte showing up and acting like a complete bitch, Becky being punched in the face before losing, then Bailey cashing in (although that part was typical drawn out bad WWE drama-acting that Shawn Micheals probably teaches at the PC).

From what I saw in FF, Shane vs Miz looked godawful. Rey vs Joe is snakebit apparently. Elias is still losing time on overlong PPVs.

And pretty soon, Undertaker vs Goldy, SOMEWHERE !!

Lesnar ? LOL. 

I tapped out after the first half of the show. That 205 Live match was the worst (2019) match I have seen all year, and I have seen a 12 minute Manabu Nakanishi match. "Tony Nese" has to be the answer to the question "Who on the WWE roster is worse than Seth Rollins?"

And why are they adding YET ANOTHER title? Weren't 10 main show titles (including the 205 Live belt, which is defended on main show PPVs) not enough? What title is there left to add? A second women's tag team title? A six man title? A 305+ lbs title? A 45 years+ title (aka the Jeddah championship)?

Tony's a natural heel being square-pegged into not only being a babyface, but the top one of the show and it just doesn't fit. Even being the champ seems wrong since his whole deal leading up to it was being the guy with ridiculous abs and now he wears a belt that covers them. 

I watched AJ/Rollins after GOT last night and thought it was great.  Among the best main roster matches of the year.  AJ reined in Rollins's usual flaws and to their credit the match actually felt shorter than it was.  Kofi/KO was in the death spot but at no point felt like anything more than a placeholder.  Curious where they go with that title in the near term.

I'll catch the men's MITB match tonight or tomorrow morning.  I'm a mark for Brock matches and still not at all excited about that decision.  Nonetheless, it still sounded like a more satisfying finish than Thrones.

58 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Tony's a natural heel being square-pegged into not only being a babyface, but the top one of the show and it just doesn't fit. Even being the champ seems wrong since his whole deal leading up to it was being the guy with ridiculous abs and now he wears a belt that covers them. 

They seem obsessed with making guys not play to their strengths the last year. A lot of natural heels running around as faces and vice versa.

2 hours ago, Robert S said:

I tapped out after the first half of the show. That 205 Live match was the worst (2019) match I have seen all year, and I have seen a 12 minute Manabu Nakanishi match. "Tony Nese" has to be the answer to the question "Who on the WWE roster is worse than Seth Rollins?"

I won't have you disparage the good God damn name of Tony Nese that way. Seth is shit. None are lower.

And the reason they keep adding belts is because that's all they know how to book - title matches, endless title rematches, and matches to determine challengers for (you guessed it) more title matches.

Need a new gimmick? _____ time title holder or title chaser is all they've got for you.

Need a hot new angle or storyline to get us through the next year? Champion for _____ days will do the trick.

Literally. It's all they ever do anymore. This should surprise no one.

1 hour ago, Charles (Loss) said:

I feel like I could safely bet that I'll eat my hat if WWE plays highlights from the MITB match and safely embeds them in their own canon for years to come. Remember that Kevin Owens bump?

You're probably right, but I could see Finn getting bounced off the ladder in future MITB hype videos to put over the brutality of the match. 

15 hours ago, Blehschmidt said:

and WWE returns to beautiful Jeddah on June 7th for "Allah In" featuring Money in the Bank winner Brock Lesnar!!

This fucking company never fails to amaze.

I would love to see Vince and Shane McMahon vs Ali and 'Allah'. I'm sure that would go over great in Saudi Arabia.