Pro Wrestling Only

Jon Moxley on Talk is Jericho

Loss

47 minutes ago, Afro Steel said:

As for the line, I imagine it being something like that horrid Stephanie McMahon "you're going to die" jab at Freddie Blassie during the Invasion angle.

The horrifying thought that I had was that they were aware of the "Roman truthers" out there and had in their head to defuse it by having Dean make a play for heel heat and accuse Roman of faking it to get out of being around Dean and Seth when things blew up.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, clintthecrippler said:

The horrifying thought that I had was that they were aware of the "Roman truthers" out there and had in their head to defuse it by having Dean make a play for heel heat and accuse Roman of faking it to get out of being around Dean and Seth when things blew up.

I too suspect that the "line" was going to be something like Dean Ambrose claiming to be dealing with "the real serious medical threat of being around all the infected scum in Chattanooga while Roman Reigns is pretending to have cancer in Miami." 

While I think he's going overboard saying that the WWE would lose sponsors - that's kind of a toss-up as some stuff gets traction in the news cycle (Moolah) while some stuff is just ignored (pretty much ever depiction of a minority character from the 80s through 2005?) - the IWC would certainly be in an uproar. And, of course, Vince and Koskey would probably relish in it as being "good heat."

Another facet of the Moxley interview I love: the outing of Koskey as Chief Yes Man. Like how the Punk podcast outed Dr. Amann as, at best, being just complicit in the company's mishandling of performer's injuries, Ed Koskey has now become a name that we can attach to RAW's terribleness. Based on what Moxley said, Koskey seems to be there for all of the major creative meetings (which makes sense as he's RAW's head writer), but it seems like the extent of his input is to laugh at Vince's jokes and help him procure more props for his "comedy sketches." 

20 hours ago, Strummer said:

Can we count this interview as a win for Meltzer?  Mox basically parroted all the news Dave has been reporting about creative the last several years.  kind of a bad day for Meltz haters who think he was out of the loop about what's going on backstage

To a degree. But Wade Keller has said similar things and I heard Moxley say things closer to what Wade has said. I personally assume he's a Torch reader/subscriber or was.

Wade broke the story about Moxley leaving and why correctly too:

https://www.pwtorch.com/site/2019/01/29/dean-ambrose-leaving-wwe-shortly-after-wrestlemania-when-his-contract-expires-in-april/

4 hours ago, rovert said:

To a degree. But Wade Keller has said similar things and I heard Moxley say things closer to what Wade has said. I personally assume he's a Torch reader/subscriber or was.

Wade broke the story about Moxley leaving and why correctly too:

https://www.pwtorch.com/site/2019/01/29/dean-ambrose-leaving-wwe-shortly-after-wrestlemania-when-his-contract-expires-in-april/

Well I was talking in terms of how terrible creative is in general, not necessarily Mox. Apparently Dave and Bryan were taking some victory laps after this interview

13 hours ago, fakeplastictrees said:

Moxley becoming a "Cancer Truther" and taking cues from Meltzer's Twitter antics would have been both amazing and completely sad to see.

I love this reverse of the usual pretentious hipster smark way of “referring to WWE performers by their pre-WWE persona names.”

Confused me for a second when you didn’t write “Ambrose.” ;)

Mox said Roman hated the "sufferin succotash" promo that we all hated as well.

everyone loves Roman backstage, he's a leader.

felt he was connected to the audience better than Roman at times but didn't resent Roman being pushed over him

Roman doesn't get a chance to show his real personality on screen like what we've all basically been saying

basically says Vince is out of touch now and HHH should at least get a shot at running things

3 hours ago, Strummer said:

Mox said Roman hated the "sufferin succotash" promo that we all hated as well.

everyone loves Roman backstage, he's a leader.

felt he was connected to the audience better than Roman at times but didn't resent Roman being pushed over him

Roman doesn't get a chance to show his real personality on screen like what we've all basically been saying

basically says Vince is out of touch now and HHH should at least get a shot at running things

I’m getting a bit schadenfreude for anti-Roman smarks who took to the idea that Chris Hero/Kassius Ohno was to be with Moxley and Tyler Black (I’m being intentionally pretentious for the point of how ridiculous this sounds) in CM Punk’s original vision of the Shield as his backup, and therefore got replaced by this meathead football washout Joe Ano’i.  And therefore used it as a reason to be anti-Reigns.

I seriously wonder if any of those noobs believed that Ambrose’s and Rollins’ IRL friendship with Reigns was kayfabed (at least when one or both were with him in babyface rolls, still kind of rare (UUDD, the end of MitB ‘16 (though released after Rollins’ face turn) for faces and heels to “fraternize”) in order for fans of the two IWC/Indie Darlings to warm up to Reigns in a “SEE!  Your guys really do like that one guy you hate!  WHY DON’T YOU LOVE HIM TOO?” *rolls eyes*

1 hour ago, Herodes said:

I speak on behalf of many when I say we are sick of hearing about “mox” (ugh) he’s really not that interesting dishing his boring gossip. He’s no brickhouse Brown.

I understand the sentiment but he's the newsworthy topic right now. As long as he keeps doing these interviews, we will continue to discuss them. 

1 hour ago, goodhelmet said:

I understand the sentiment but he's the newsworthy topic right now. As long as he keeps doing these interviews, we will continue to discuss them. 

Brickhouse is six feet under and Jamie Dundee is (most probably) locked up but we have “mox” spilling the tea about the time Roman had to say suffering succotash...the fuck is this rovert-level tittle tattle. Did someone ask him about his upcoming match against someone who just had a garbage match with a 15 year old girl and his thoughts on creepy inter gender wrestling with minors?

49 minutes ago, BigBadMick said:

There's audio available of the interview with all the ads taken out - reduces the length from 1 hr 43 mins to 1 hr 7 mins.

Wade's brutal with the ads.

It can't be worse than Jericho:

"Wow, that's crazy Mox, let me tell you about this product that got advertised on the Howard Stern show 15 years ago!"

Jericho's transitions to ads are weird, but Wade's are so awkwardly dropped in there that it really broke up the flow of the interview for me. And I never want to use Uber now!

I didn't get through it all, but I think the Jericho talk was better. You can tell when Moxley is less comfortable, because he just rambles on and on.

Forgot to mention I liked Mox's story about the first Shield in-ring promo where they were all so focused on nailing down the delivery of their script that it wasn't until the adrenaline rush had worn off backstage did they all realize they had no idea what they had even talked about.

It's almost old hat at this point, but the emphasis on having non-actors recite scripted promos really strips away any genuine emotion or natural storytelling most of the time.