Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 06/10 - 06/16 Operation Car Wash is a fraud and Lula is a political prisoner

KawadaSmile

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, KawadaSmile said:

Hey guys Undertaker might be a nazi. Hanging around with SS tees like his Harris Brothers pals is sure something.

I almost made that joke earlier ! :D Thanks for that one.

Free Sami Zayn already. AEW needs another Lex Luger for their debut.

2 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Is it really that unexpected? Considering they've started promoting the show in their social media a week ago, and they just had a PPV...

Have they even started to build towards it? They announced the matches, but there was little to no development other than that.

That's still a higher than usual number of available seats less than two weeks out. It's not like they haven't done these quick turnarounds before.

Maybe they'll need to call Undertaker's old ass up again.

Well this TV bubble and the Saudi deal really is a Dorian Gray type situation. On the surface things look fine financially because of those big contracts being locked in but in the background, there's something rotting away at the core. If that TV bubble bursts and they have to find another way to make up revenue, it isn't going to be helpful that their fanbase has been allowed to dwindle so badly.

2 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Hey guys Undertaker might be a nazi. Hanging around with SS tees like his Harris Brothers pals is sure something.

Ugh. I know you're a big fan of making hysterical political comments (regardless of whether or not people want to hear them) but that comment is beneath even you.

For those who don't know what this nonsense is about, a picture surfaced of The Undertaker which was reportedly taken over 20 years ago.  He is wearing a T-shirt for a (now defunct) Motorcycle shop, in which the logo features the two "lightening bolt S" symbols. This picture, combined with the fact that he is (or was) friendly with one of the Harris brothers, clearly means he's a Nazi, because one of them are. It couldn't possibly have anything to do with the fact that he's a Biker who is wearing a T-Shirt from a bike shop and is friends with other Bikers.  Nope.  He wore a T-Shirt and associated with somebody who either is a Nazi or is related to a Nazi. Therefore, he must also be a Nazi.

By the way in the interest of full disclosure, when I was younger I owned some KISS albums which had the same symbol.  Therefore I must also be a Nazi. Also, when I was a little kid I was taken on a trip and toured some Civil War battlefields and museums, and actually bought some memorabilia which featured the Confederate flag...which I then wore.  Therefore, I must also be a member of the Klan.

Seriously dude, don't be a goddamn moron. People who go around randomly accusing people of being Nazis actually dilute the seriousness of the term and make it less difficult to take it seriously when somebody actually IS a White Supremacist.  That was a stupid post to make, I hate it when people throw that term around like that.  Grow up.

Given the announced card for Stomping Grounds, I'm kind of surprised they've sold as many tickets as they have. None of the matches look even slightly compelling. Who in their right minds would want to see rematches of Rollins/Corbin, Becky/Lacey, and Kofi/Dolph?

Between the Raptors having a chance to close out the Warriors and the overall malaise surrounding the product, tonight's Raw stands an excellent chance of setting an all-time ratings low. The good news for WWE is that the game doesn't start until 9 PM EST, so they have a chance to retain some viewers by running a hot angle in the first hour. Maybe Lesnar will actually cash in. The wwe.com preview is all but saying that he won't be on the show tonight, so he definitely will be according to wrestling reverse psychology.

2 minutes ago, El-P said:

Well, that was more of a joke about Taker dropping Goldy on his head, ya know. And it was a funny joke, actually (and I don't even say this because like I said, I almost posted more or less the same joke, then forgot to do it). 

Well, if anybody knows how funny Nazis and Nazi jokes are, it's the French.

Yeah, because we actually know what we're talking about. Plus we had legit French Nazis in legit SS squadrons when the gimmick was over, not pansy-ass sheet-wearing rednecks cosplaying while listening to old Pantera albums in a trailer in Asshole-of-the-world, Alabama...

4 minutes ago, El-P said:

Well, that was more of a joke about Taker dropping Goldy on his head, ya know. And it was a funny joke, actually (and I don't even say this because like I said, I almost posted more or less the same joke, then forgot to do it). 

That too. But even so, it's not like white supremacy is something new in pro wrestling either...

2 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

That too. But even so, it's not like white supremacy is something new in pro wrestling either...

I don't deny that for a minute.  Dick Murdoch was reportedly a proud card carrying member of the Klan, and there are countless other examples of wrestlers being overtly racist and pretty much getting a free pass for it.   I just don't think there is any credible evidence The Undertaker is a Nazi, and in general I hate seeing that term get casually thrown around like it's nothing. Even if it is a "joke" I think it's in bad taste, even for a Pro Wrestling message board.  Maybe I'm too easily offended, but my Grandfather died in the Second World War fighting ACTUAL NAZIS, and I hate this trend that has developed over recent years of the people using the term as nothing more than a label or insult.  Like I said, I think it diminishes the term. Show me some actual evidence The Undertaker is a White Supremacist or a Neo-Nazi and that's a whole different matter.  I just don't think saying somebody is a Nazi or making jokes about it is a decent thing to do.  Sure, I know Mark Calloway isn't going to browse PWO and see this and get offended, but by the same token it's because a couple of goofs posting nonsense on other messageboards and Twitter over the past week that caused this "story." Ironically, I don't even really like The Undertaker all that much.  I'd say the same thing if it was Joey Ryan being called a Nazi.

33 minutes ago, The Thread Killer said:

Sure, I know Mark Calloway isn't going to browse PWO and see this and get offended, but by the same token it's because a couple of goofs posting nonsense on other messageboards and Twitter over the past week that caused this "story."

If by "posting nonsense", you refer to the picture of Taker proudly wearing an SS T-shirt sometime in the early 90's or him signing off an autograph with the nazi code "88" on it (assuming this is real), well, that and being friends with the Harris Twins ain't exactly a good look. If anything, that joke and the ensuing discussion got me to see that, and it's pretty interesting.

As far as Taker goes, most people have enough awareness not to wear clothes that have SS insignias on them if they aren't down with what that symbolizes. The KISS comparison is weak, as there was never any indication that the S's in their logo were meant to be a Nazi reference. The logo on the shirt Taker is wearing was clearly Nazi related, and someone of his celebrity status not seeing anything wrong with having a photo taken of him wearing it speaks volumes. 

1 hour ago, sek69 said:

As far as Taker goes, most people have enough awareness not to wear clothes that have SS insignias on them if they aren't down with what that symbolizes. The KISS comparison is weak, as there was never any indication that the S's in their logo were meant to be a Nazi reference. The logo on the shirt Taker is wearing was clearly Nazi related, and someone of his celebrity status not seeing anything wrong with having a photo taken of him wearing it speaks volumes.

Gene Simmons has stated in several interviews over the years that KISS has taken a ton of shit over the "SS" in their band logo, and have been accused of being Nazis or sympathetic to Nazis because of it. (Which is rich considering his and Paul Stanley's background, but whatever.)  That double S is the exact same design as the Nazi SS, and during the heyday of the Moral Majority Music Censorship movement in the mid-eighties I specifically remember fundamentalists and other concerned parental types accusing KISS of being Nazis, especially around 1983 when their stage set was a giant tank that fired pyrotechnic shells into the crowd, and because they call their fans the "KISS Army."  To some (and more than a few people) that meant they were Nazis. I know this because I was a KISS fan at the time. (I was 13 years old, give me a break.) Of course it's all bullshit, it defies all logic and of course I don't buy any of it...but the accusations were made nonetheless.

It is a leap of logic to compare the KISS logo to the picture of The Undertaker, but my point is that people are quick to point the finger and make accusations even if they don't know the whole story. The photo was allegedly taken in 1995 or 1996 at the latest, around 24 years ago.  It has an SS logo on the chest, and a slogan mentioning customizing Harley Davidsons. Me personally, even if I was a Biker, I would not wear a T-shirt that could be mistaken for anything that might give people the impression I had Nazi sympathies.  I absolutely think that it was stupid and in terrible taste for him to wear that shirt 24 years ago.  Hell, maybe he IS a damn Nazi, I don't know. That's the point.  We don't know if was a Nazi then. We don't know if he's a Nazi now.  We don't know how close he is to the Harris Brothers now, and if he is friendly with them or does that mean he shares their views. Jeff Jarrett loves those guys and got them jobs in WCW and TNA.  Does that mean Jeff Jarrett is a Nazi, or does he get a pass because he didn't wear the T-Shirt?

All we have is a photo from 24 years ago...but all of the sudden that is more than enough evidence and because people have been spreading it online...The Undertaker is a Nazi. I don't feel right about declaring somebody a Nazi because of that, but if other people are...that's your opinion and you have a right to it.

To me, that is one hell of an accusation to throw around based on such little evidence, but that's just my take.