Pro Wrestling Only

AEW on TNT

flyonthewall2983

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Dad did the same thing. I am going to AEW for sure. It was amazing. So we all (Dad, Mom, Brother) went to RAW in  summer of 2018. Really boring show. Been going to shows by myself since then. Sent out a text to the family about the new company featuring Jericho and huge buzz. My mom is pumped for an alternative. It is hilarious.

I will probably go to New Japan too. Need to get on that.  

7 hours ago, goodhelmet said:

It is ok to support a company and cheer for a company while simultaneously criticizing a company for doing stupid shit.  

THIS! It's disappointing that even posters on PWO who should know better sometimes can't grasp this nuance.

9 hours ago, El-P said:

9/10 of early TNA was complete shit (I should know), so obviously, no, it's not the same thing at all.

The first TNA PPV was fairly decent and pretty well-received (much of that was optimism more than anything else). I ordered it, and while I didn't think it was PPV-quality, I thought it was fine as a pilot and weekly TV episode. The second week, which I didn't order because it was taped, was praised for "amazing workrate" (whether that was ever true at the time or still holds up today, I wouldn't know). After that, there were various ups and downs but people still had hope early on.

AEW is obviously in a much better situation, so it wasn't a clean comparison by any means, but that doesn't mean there aren't lessons to be learned from TNA's mistakes.

4 hours ago, C.S. said:

The first TNA PPV was fairly decent and pretty well-received (much of that was optimism more than anything else). I ordered it, and while I didn't think it was PPV-quality, I thought it was fine as a pilot and weekly TV episode. The second week, which I didn't order because it was taped, was praised for "amazing workrate" (whether that was ever true at the time or still holds up today, I wouldn't know). After that, there were various ups and downs but people still had hope early on.

I went through all the weekly TNA PPV a few years ago. It was 75% hot trash, if I'm being generous.

Thus far, I don't see anything that even remotely ressembles what TNA did wrong in AEW. The only thing AEW got from TNA thus far are the cool tunnel entrances.

On 8/9/2019 at 4:08 PM, Superstar Sleeze said:

Yes Agganis Arena is in Boston proper. It is Boston University's hockey arena (college hockey is pretty big in New England, well as big as college hockey can be) and it holds about 5000-6000 people. I have seen NXT there, a TNA PPV and a RAW house show. Perfect arena for AEW. 

I think I went to the same NXT show.  Was kinda disappointed by crowd turn out as was hoping they made it their local spot for NXT.  Arena was probably too big though for house shows.  Agganis is a decent spot for me as I just need to take the regular bus there. Granted traffic is pretty crappy but much easier to get to than Lowell.  I'm guessing tickets will sell out fast though so probably won't get in on it. It is a pretty good arena though for AEW to chose as it will be nice and filled and won't have to worry about maybe not selling out Garden.

• 1 month later...