Paul Heyman and Eric Bischoff named to Executive Positions in WWE

Stiva

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, El-P said:

You've got to give the credit where is due. The guy knows how to play the game, pun intended. So, Bisch would be the second choice after the favourite son declined. Oh man... 

Or maybe Heyman was the second choice (which makes a lot more sense to me), and Bischoff was originally going to be asked to take the position for Raw (which also makes sense, given his history on Monday nights).

As a big fan of Heyman's WWE booking (Smackdown, OVW, early WWECW, some of the stuff he's been rumoured to be helping out with creatively in recent years) I think this is a brilliant move provided he's given a fair degree of autonomy.  3 hours is still a tough road to hoe but if anyone can pull it off it's Heyman.

Wait and see on Bischoff, but at the very least it's out of the box thinking, and I'm definitely interested.  As far as the production side of things we know he's done good things in WCW and TNA and he's got big budget production from FOX to play with.  If he can keep it simple creatively and focuses on the action it could end up being refreshing.  He always speaks highly of HHH on his podcast and I can see him leaning on him a bit for creative.

The biggest question is how much are they allowed to change the presentation of the shows IE. less input from Dunn on production and less from Vince on creative.  I'm skeptical

This is from Meltzer in the Observer...

What he was told, thought, or knows, or reacted to regarding the AEW ticket sales in Chicago is another question. Obviously if he knew, it would have had to have shocked him that a group with no television and two announced matches was able to put on a show with a greater ticket demand than any WrestleMania he ever produced. The latter made no sense to anyone, and certainly not to McMahon. He could have ignored it, but he also could have checked with the ticketing industry about the modern methods and gotten the sobering answer of what happened.

Is that bold part a typo or is he serious?

9 minutes ago, Badlittlekitten said:

He's serious. Seriously an idiot.

More people requested tickets on day one than any Wrestlemania, he went over the numbers on one of the daily shows. If you have an issue with it,  blame the ticket vendors rather than Dave.

The former TNA guys currently employed in WWE must be rolling their eyes right now it's not even funny. 

You know what scares me ? That with all these guys getting jobs back in creative positions, and that includes Corny in MLW, someone, somewhere must think "Hum... that Russo guy really was successful during the Attitude Era... I wonder if....".

1 hour ago, Badlittlekitten said:

Not buying the HHH story until someone other than noted shit spinner Brad Shepard confirms it.

Yeah good point. The problem is that so far, Shepard seems to be one of the main sources reporting the ongoing developments and is driving the overall narrative as this story has been breaking. A lot of sites are quoting him.

2 minutes ago, El-P said:

The former TNA guys currently employed in WWE must be rolling their eyes right now it's not even funny. 

You know what scares me ? That with all these guys getting jobs back in creative positions, and that includes Corny in MLW, someone, somewhere must think "Hum... that Russo guy really was successful during the Attitude Era... I wonder if....".

Cornette running Raw and Russo running Smackdown is what 2020 needs. Or maybe they'll pick up Dixie Carter.

16 minutes ago, El-P said:

I prefer to picture a lonely and despondent Vince Russo at home, in his basement.  He sits and watches, as over the past six months:

• Jeff Jarrett gets a job as a producer with WWE
  • Bruce Prichard becomes a Senior Vice President in WWE
  • Jim Cornette becomes a Producer with MLW
  • Jim Ross is named a Senior Advisor with AEW and now...
  • Paul Heyman and Eric Bischoff are named as Executive Directors overseeing Creative Development in WWE

Meanwhile even Russo himself has admitted that he has contacted WWE trying to get a job on more than one occasion, only to be ignored.  Hell, he couldn't even get a job as a creative consultant for Pop TV. He is finally a total pariah in the Professional Wrestling business.

Ahhh, karma.  So sweet.

21 minutes ago, sek69 said:

More people requested tickets on day one than any Wrestlemania, he went over the numbers on one of the daily shows. If you have an issue with it,  blame the ticket vendors rather than Dave.

Dave's been doing some weird comparison's lately. From Young Bucks selling more merch in 6 months than the Rock N Rolls in their whole career (which proved a point no one was trying to make or argue), to a whacky Omega and Sting drawing comparison and now this. I'm not sure how you can compare demand for a 10,000 seat show to an 60-80k stadium, I'm not sure what that proves either. Besides the fact that AEW has an obvious big demand right now, which again, I'm not sure who was arguing against that point.

6 minutes ago, The Thread Killer said:

Meanwhile even Russo himself has admitted that he has contacted WWE trying to get a job on more than one occasion, only to be ignored.  Hell, he couldn't even get a job as a creative consultant for Pop TV. He is finally a total pariah in the Professional Wrestling business.

Ahhh, karma.  So sweet.

I hope you're right. But.... pro-wrestling...

BTW, Meltz on WOL about Vince : "Did he loose Jerry Jarrett's number ?". I died. :lol:

Just now, Jmare007 said:

Dave's been doing some weird comparison's lately. From Young Bucks selling more merch in 6 months than the Rock N Rolls in their whole career (which proved a point no one was trying to make or argue), to a whacky Omega and Sting drawing comparison and now this. I'm not sure how you can compare demand for a 10,000 seat show to an 60-80k stadium, I'm not sure what that proves either. Besides the fact that AEW has an obvious big demand right now, which again, I'm not sure who was arguing against that point.

You're right, it's a really stupid comparison. Hey, if AEW did really sell more first day tickets than any Wrestlemania ever then more power to them.  But back when Vince put on the first Wrestlemania, there wasn't exactly a big problem in the industry with ticket scalping bots grabbing up all the best seats and then scalpers selling them online at grossly inflated prices, now was there?  Some of Meltzer's comparisons and analogies are really weird and poorly thought out.