Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Fyter Fest

goodhelmet

1 minute ago, sek69 said:

This isn't bad for what it is. I wasn't expecting match of the night from these guys.

Considering the free nature of the show is probably bringing out a lot of newer people who are less familiar with the talent, WHY IS IT ON THE SHOW AT ALL? Let them do an awful comedy bit and put it on BTE or something, but don't put it in a featured spot on your pre-show.

They haven't even given us a reason why it's taking place on the broadcast.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, sek69 said:

TBH I liked it better than anything Shane's been involved in. At least there was self-awareness that it was silly. 

The "self-awareness" almost made it worse. Contrived "hyuck hyuck, let's be WACKY!" bullshit instead of letting humor arise organically out of a situation like all good comedy comes from.

My old acting teacher used to beat into our heads that actors in a comedy can't know they're in a comedy. "Self-awareness" is usually comedy death.

So as an aside. My dog decided to raid the bathroom trash and needed emergency surgery this week to remove an obstruction. I am feeding her her dinner of chicken with hot dog chunks because she's being super picky. I am broke as fuck but my dog is alive and we've spent all day watching MLW and now AEW/

Self-awareness is exactly what they sold on BTE, including how crappy the Librarian gimmick is. Some of the irony is flying over people's head. That being said, audience making shhhhhhhhh noise reminds me of Tenzan, so it's pretty cool.

Glad to see Allie again. I wonder how many weeks she's gonna go without freaking the fuck out and become dark again. That's the Bunny, you know she's batshit insane. Bates is not exactly a great worker, but then again, she's not supposed to be.

Not having seen any BTE with absolutely zero plans ever to do so in the future, I'll go on doing something else with my time if I just can't handle the awesome post-modern meta-ironic booking of AEW, which all comes across remarkably like WWE Lite like another attempted competitor historically does. What purpose does it serve to put on something that, apparently, is intentionally dumb, like the Librarian? Can we have any promotion anywhere in the U.S. that doesn't want to turn itself heel?

5 minutes ago, PeteF3 said:

Not having seen any BTE with absolutely zero plans ever to do so in the future, I'll go on doing something else with my time if I just can't handle the awesome post-modern meta-ironic booking of AEW, which all comes across remarkably like WWE Lite like another attempted competitor historically does. What purpose does it serve to put on something that, apparently, is intentionally dumb, like the Librarian? Can we have any promotion anywhere in the U.S. that doesn't want to turn itself heel?

Shhh!

1 minute ago, Mad Dog said:

I thought Nyla Rose drug down the last match she was in. I don't see how she doesn't look like a fish out of water here.

I figure she's there the same way Kane is put in ladder matches, someone for the smaller folks to do moves on.

5 minutes ago, PeteF3 said:

This is so on point.