Pro Wrestling Only

Extreme Rules 2019

goodhelmet

I won't be watching but I will be reading this thread. 

Cruiserweight Championship: Drew Gulak (c) vs. Tony Nese 

Aleister Black vs. Cesaro

SmackDown Tag Team Championship: Daniel Bryan & Rowan (c) vs. The New Day vs. Heavy Machinery

Raw Tag Team Championship: The Revival (c) vs. The Usos

SmackDown Women's Championship (2-on-1 Handicap Match): Bayley (c) vs. Alexa Bliss & Nikki Cross

Braun Strowman vs. Bobby Lashley (Last Man Standing Match)

United States Championship: Ricochet (c) vs. AJ Styles

Roman Reigns & The Undertaker vs. Shane McMahon & Drew McIntyre (No Holds Barred Match)

WWE Championship: Kofi Kingston (c) vs. Samoa Joe

Winners Take All -- Seth Rollins & Becky Lynch (c) vs. Baron Corbin & Lacey Evans (Extreme Rules Match)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. I was ready to at least tape the show and watch Ricochet/Styles, but the PPVs aren't shown anymore on the channel AB1 (who also hosts RAW & Smackdown), starting now. No reason given. It's a HUGE blow to the French WWE fans community. Either another channel will pay to broadcast them eventually (although I have no idea which one would be interested), either I guess they hope French fans will subscribe to the Network (which is pretty dubious). Anyway, this is really, really bad for the French market I'd say, because fans are gonna feel betrayed after years and years of watching the PPV on this channel. Plus the two announcers Agius & Chereau (who are terrific) have a real deep bond with their fans I believe (they've been doing it since the early 00's I think).

No idea if AEW wants to try and get some piece of the pie, but considering I've seen Lucha Underground, New Japan & AAA (all months behind, but whatever) on French TV channels, maybe that's a market they should try and get their foot in. Anyway, no more watch-along for me for big shows. I'll have these threads though.

Philippe Chereau posted some words on Instagram about the situation. They were basically told a few weeks ago they would not announce PPV anymore. "This is just business" being pretty much the "explanation" given to them. So I guess there's no French announcing on the Network either, apart from the Quebec guys, which makes it even worse. Completely stupid decision. WWE died in France when they were replaced by WCW in 1996. Now that are simply punishing their own audience for nothing, and considering the obscene amount of money they are making, this makes no sense. What a dumb decision... 

I'm so sorry to hear about the situation with WWE in France, @El-P, but considering how dire the product has been lately, maybe it's a blessing in disguise?

I'm not watching either, but I will be reading along...

Finn's reign was DOA from the get-go, and now the ice cold Nakamura has the title. Good rasslin', probably, but the title means nothing right now. 

I was tempted to be hyperbolic and say "Has the title ever meant any less?" but of course it has. I mean, Big Zeke is a former champion. 

15 minutes ago, C.S. said:

I'm so sorry to hear about the situation with WWE in France, @El-P, but considering how dire the product has been lately, maybe it's a blessing in disguise?

For me, yeah, because I'm not gonna be tempted to watch stuff I don't care about. Although I'm gonna miss the big shows watch-along and bullshitting on these threads. This wasn't gonna last anyway since I'm gonna move out in a few months and was not gonna get those TV channels anyway.

But for the WWE fans in France, yeah, it sucks really hard, especially considering how fond they are of Agius & Chereau (and for very good reasons). They still have RAW & SD but without the big shows, what's the sell in 2019 ?

The baby's been entertained and we've fed, so it is now Extreme Rules time.  How was the preshow?  Do I need to catch either of those matches?

AJ/Ricochet could range anywhere from good to MOTYC depending on what they're given, while Joe/Kofi, Cesaro/Black and Usos/Revival could all deliver as well.  I'm also approaching Braun/Lashley with an open mind after that hot angle from a couple weeks ago to open Raw.

On the other hand, TV this week was atrocious and the card has too many matches so odds are that nothing with potential gets enough time to deliver.  if the mixed tag closes the show I may very well tune out at that point as I'm not feeling it whatsoever.

1 minute ago, WingedEagle said:

The baby's been entertained and we've fed, so it is now Extreme Rules time.  How was the preshow?  Do I need to catch either of those matches?

Finn/Nak was good because Shinskay gave a damn, and it's worth watching Gulak in almost any setting, even if the match itself wasn't special.