Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 07/15 - 07/21 Flipping burgers to become Ambassador

KawadaSmile

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Strummer said:

Shawn Michaels revealed on twitter he will be doing color commentary on SD next week.  First kill shot fired from the Bischoff regime!

Nothing screams "stuck in the 90's" more than Shawn Micheals doing color commentary, something he always sucked at, BTW. :lol:

Agreed. His commentary during the HHH/Batista match at Mania was noticeably bad. I actually liked that match way more than most people here too, so its not like I think Michaels would've been better if he was calling a better match. 

2 hours ago, Strummer said:

Shawn Michaels revealed on twitter he will be doing color commentary on SD next week.  First kill shot fired from the Bischoff regime!

But there is no Bischoff regime :lol: it's not being reported that he has no imput on creative. It seems Ward is back to being the head of SD pitching stuff to Vince.

From another site quoting (supposedly) WON

Eric Bischoff was not at Raw or Smackdown this week. He actually started at work on 7/17. He ended up having no influence on Smackdown this past week and right now those in creative were told that he will most likely not be involved with the creative process and that it looks like his job will be to interface with all of the departments in the company as well as with FOX. However he is to be the leader of the Smackdown side of things, which currently has no leadership, just Ryan Ward and others pitching ideas to Vince.

I think it's for the better tbh.

This really is the best possible outcome. Let him be the face of the company for the FOX suits and convince them everything is fine when the ratings don't meet expectations, and maybe his schmooze powers will keep them from getting demoted to 3am on FS2.

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2842256-who-are-wwes-next-megastars-non-wrestling-fans-predict-the-future.amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

This is an interesting article. To cut a long story short, guy organised focus groups and showed them clips of WWE wrestlers. The five with the most star appeal to the groups were Strowman, Bianca, Becky Lynch, Velveteen Dream and Roman Reigns. I'd love to know if WWE themselves engage in this sort of focus grouping and such. It would explain why they doubled down on the Roman babyface push so many times when the path of least resistance would've been to just turn him.

3 hours ago, Jmare007 said:

But there is no Bischoff regime :lol: it's not being reported that he has no imput on creative. It seems Ward is back to being the head of SD pitching stuff to Vince.

From another site quoting (supposedly) WON

I think it's for the better tbh.

If that's the case, then why in the statement WWE released, did they say that Bischoff was to oversee creative for Smackdown? Sounds like another bullshit piece of reporting by Meltzer. And it's not like Meltzer and Bischoff like each other anyway.

On 7/18/2019 at 6:33 PM, SirEdger said:

If that's the case, then why in the statement WWE released, did they say that Bischoff was to oversee creative for Smackdown? Sounds like another bullshit piece of reporting by Meltzer. And it's not like Meltzer and Bischoff like each other anyway.

Because that was probably the original plan, and that's what they're probably going to tell the FOX people. Paul's been in and around the company for years and was already helping folks so him running creative for all of Raw was less of a leap than it would be for Eric who most likely hasn't seen a second of WWE TV in years. 

It seems like the company realizing a guy like that wouldn't be the best fit to run creative for all of SD is more likely than Dave suddenly making something up out of nowhere.

37 minutes ago, Superstar Sleeze said:

I have kept an open mind but the Street Profits come off like utter dorks. Were they cooler in NXT?

Nope. Angelo Dawkins is also the drizzling shits. They would be better off using Montez Ford as a singles.

1 hour ago, sek69 said:

It seems like the company realizing a guy like that wouldn't be the best fit to run creative for all of SD is more likely than Dave suddenly making something up out of nowhere.

But nooooo, you know Dave is full of shit, as Uncle Eric will probably tell it on his podcast. BTW, is anyone still following that one since he made the jump ? 

5 hours ago, Superstar Sleeze said:

I have kept an open mind but the Street Profits come off like utter dorks. Were they cooler in NXT? they are so lame on RAW. The Usos are way cooler and way better promos. 

I've generally liked them in NXT as they felt like a fun and fresh act.  They've been presented as cringeworthy parodies of that on Raw though.

5 hours ago, Coffey said:

Nope. Angelo Dawkins is also the drizzling shits. They would be better off using Montez Ford as a singles.

Hey, while Montez is clearly the Shawn Michaels of this tag team, Angelo is actually alright. Years of doing basically nothing on NXT TV paid off, and he found his strengths.

I find their schtick to be entertaining. While not as natural-sounding as their NXT gimmick, they are rather good hypemen, and this subplot of Dawkins crushing on Cross is somewhat endearing. On the other hand, it is possible that it might overstay its welcome, and they could benefit from actually making their in-ring debuts sooner rather than later, instead of just doing backstage skits.

1 hour ago, WingedEagle said:

I've generally liked them in NXT as they felt like a fun and fresh act.  They've been presented as cringeworthy parodies of that on Raw though.

They are basically used to shill other angles and PPVs right now on RAW and I think they've been some of the most enjoyable non hiring parts of the show. I'm sure Vince probably just sees the as another Urban Tag team. Heyman probably came up with the idea of using them on the show. Honestly, when they do make their inring debut I think they'll be very over especially for a homegrown NXT act. I've seen the live at an EVOLVE show, they can't get the crowd behind them. Outside of Lars , most the.other recent call ups didn't get any real introduction or hype behind them. At least Black and Ricochet got some high profile matches off the brake and when Black moved to SD recently they Basically built him up again as a singles recently and Ricochet benefited from Rey getting hurt. I think if the company intentionally invested in building these call ups instead of just using them as temporary fix to freshen the roster they'd benefit so much.