Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 08/05 - 08/11 Comedy can truly help in dark times

KawadaSmile

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, C.S. said:

WWE really should take care of that shit for its wrestlers - like any other half-decent, self-respecting company would do. 

This is the one bizarre take I can keep hearing crop up from wrestling fans. I don't know any company that acts as a travel agent for its employees. I book all my own hotels and then expense it. Now WWE should pick up the tab and if they aren't that's stupid. However, the actual booking of the hotel is not on the WWE, it is on the talent. Now my guess is that because RAW gotten re-written so much a Smackdown talent like Xavier may have not known he was going to be on RAW until it was so late that it caused this to happen. So that is a legitimate gripe. WWE the travel agent is not. 

1 hour ago, NintendoLogic said:

Roman/Bryan has been dropped from Summerslam according to PWInsider. So neither guy currently has a match scheduled for the second-biggest show of the year.

There's no way they're keeping both Roman and Bryan out of Summerslam this Sunday. So, if there isn't a match, there's probably gonna be a confrontation between Roman and Bryan that will further the storyline.

I mean Summerslam is in a few days and no matches for Roman, Bryan, Braun, Rey, Andrade, Sami Zayn, Aleister Black, Cesaro, the tag division, Cedric, Drew, Ali, and Nakamura

That's a lot of valuable guys without a match. I imagine a few matches are gonna be added, but the amount of amazing talent without a match on the second biggest show of the year is staggering.

10 minutes ago, brocklock said:

I mean Summerslam is in a few days and no matches for Roman, Bryan, Braun, Rey, Andrade, Sami Zayn, Aleister Black, Cesaro, the tag division, Cedric, Drew, Ali, and Nakamura

It's ridiculous. Who the hell is on that card ? Baron Corbin ? Shane O Mac ? Dolph Ziggler ?

Even if it was broadcasted in French I would not touch it. Well, I'm still interested in watching an AJ Styles vs Ricochet match. And I guess Charlotte vs Trish, for sheer novelty values. But it seems like they tried their best to have the most irrelevant SummerSlam ever. When you think about the insane amount of talents they have under contract, it's just another proportion of ridiculous.

I kind of dig the idea of Bryan siding with a newly invigorated Bray with Rowan as the go-between, to take over the shows. I mean, in my head, they'd find a way to rationalise it and play back into past history with Wyatt, Roman and Bryan but I'll even settle for them not doing that just to see something halfway fresh.

2 hours ago, Superstar Sleeze said:

WWE not covering travelling expenses is bullshit. Lodging, food and transportation should be provided. No questions asked. I bet they get out of it due to the independent contractor bullshit. 

I could image this going both ways: covering and organizing travel might put them into a worse position in case of a court case reg. the independent contractor status.

1 hour ago, Superstar Sleeze said:

Man between the hate for Seth Rollins' badass theme and Dolph Ziggler's glorious 1989 straightened Hair Metal hair, I'm so out of touch with PWO. There's probably no bigger glam metal fan on Earth than me so I have been totally digging his glam metal aesthetic for years now. 

He needs to go all the way, man. If he were to go full Dee Snider, then we could talk. As it is, it seems as if he's too shy or sees himself to be above that type of stuff, which is ridiculous.

1 hour ago, KawadaSmile said:

He needs to go all the way, man. If he were to go full Dee Snider, then we could talk. As it is, it seems as if he's too shy or sees himself to be above that type of stuff, which is ridiculous.

He did have a denim vest with a bunch of band logos for a very brief time, but they dropped it. Shame as I mark for wrestlers wearing band shirts (at least it's more believable than them wearing their own merchandise).

1 hour ago, KawadaSmile said:

This. He always looks like he's embarrassed to be seen in his gimmick, when I would have no problem believing him as a complete 80s metalhead.

10 hours ago, JRH said:

He did have a denim vest with a bunch of band logos for a very brief time, but they dropped it. Shame as I mark for wrestlers wearing band shirts (at least it's more believable than them wearing their own merchandise).

I remember when Southpaw Regional Wrestling was a thing, Ziggler's character was basically him up to eleven. He was also the worst character there because, well, it was just Ziggler instead of something different.

10 hours ago, sek69 said:

This. He always looks like he's embarrassed to be seen in his gimmick, when I would have no problem believing him as a complete 80s metalhead.

It feels like this is his biggest issue. Dude either wants to be too liked, but thinks he's above playing a character. 

Remember his heel turn where he threw a fit in the men's locker room? Tommy Wiseau would be screaming for him to show some emotion.