Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
Ricky Jackson

NXT Takeover: Toronto 2019

3 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Io Shirai. My God.

So much this. It's refreshing to see a Japanese woman not being presented as some kind of childlike loli character.

They've done Candice dirty with this feud. She's either the supportive friend who gets betrayed or the loving wife who has to deal with a impulsive but kind husband who's losing himself. Hard to really care about her, which is ridiculous given how talented she is.

God, I cringe when anyone hits a reverse rana. Props to Candace and Io for bridging it into a nearfall though, that I haven't seen much.

Holy shit that is a awesome finisher.  Not only are you choking her out with her legs but also wrapping her own arms around her neck as well

Candice probably got too much offense in the match but what a great match indeed

Very good stuff there. Maybe Shirai should've been even more of a dickhead heel, but we got a great underdog performance from Candice, and Io's just... impressive with her new look.

I hate the reverse rana.  But also dislike Io's moonsault.  Just way too much velocity and I can't imagine what that is doing to her knees.  Time to retire it with new submission finisher for her personality change.  

I'd criticize Matt Riddle wearing yoga pants, but if I had a body like that you better believe all my clothes would be skin tight.

EDIT: on further review he's wearing black jeans but my point stands.

2 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

Dain is a classic case of a wrestler I can’t imagine looking at and not having anything for on the main show.

I am almost sure it's because of the body hair.

Just now, NintendoLogic said:

Why does Dain have his fists taped if he didn't have a match scheduled?

If I had to guess, was probably planning on jumping Riddle at some point.

Roderick Strong is one of those guys who has quietly had an absolutely amazing career when you consider his classics with Danielson and Gibson we’re literally 15 years ago.

Could have done without the security stunt guy making the table spot look so contrived.  I was laughing at it for being so silly that it ruined the whole segment for me.  There was no point to having a third man in there.