Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 08/12 - 08/18 Poop every other day to stop global warming

KawadaSmile

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, a billionaire NFL owner who donated to the Republican candidate. I'm shocked, I tell you, my brain can't process the information, I'm baffled, really. And then CODY goes on and says that pro-wrestlings couldn't work if it was unionized. Like, wow, totally baffled by the fact a big-ass sport & entertainment corporation would not be some kind of leftist hive. My day is soooo ruined, wow, that's soooo shocking. I won't be able to watch All Out after THAT ONE, for sure...

Well, still. There's a world of difference between being funded by some billionaire (and how do you become one anyway ?) who did donate to Trump's campaign (doesn't seem so happy about Trump now though) and getting most of your profit money from doing PR shows for a criminal regime who treats women like second class human beings, kills homosexuals because like Warrior used to say, well you know, and all that good shit.

A matter of, let's say, degrees.

Keep on trolling though. You totally suck at it (although I did respond this time because I had a few seconds to kill, plus I procrastinate on actual interesting and important thing to do), but apparently that's the only reason you even post on this board. 

(not gonna respond to anything you'd reply though, just as to save you the trouble... I only feed trolls once every blue moon)

Awwww AEW cult member who “boycotted” WWE yet posts endlessly in WWE threads is unable to maturely respond to hypocrisy when someone comments on their hot takes. It’s not only the brown people who oversee criminal regimes. But thanks for not responding with another interesting long post, your contributions in WWE threads are always welcome.

1 hour ago, Herodes said:

It’s not only the brown people who oversee criminal regimes. 

Strawman alert. I of course never ever made that argument not even alluded to something like this

The use of the term "brown people", which I of course have never used, god forbid, as a way to racialize the proposition, also infers that I may be racist.

Don't feed the troll (note to myself too)

Honestly had they tried "performance fighter" over "sports entertainer" there may have been less pushback.  One sounds like a person who does physical things in a tough environment and the other sounds like a Fakey Fakerson doing fake things on a fake show. 

2 hours ago, FMKK said:

Meanwhile, everyone in the real world still says wrestling.

This.

The WWE can push "Sports Entertainer" or "Performance Fighter" or whatever else they come up with all they want - but the men and women who appear and perform and sports entertain are professional wrestlers or just wrestlers.

This isn't "secretaries" becoming "administrative assistants" or how now, men and women, can both be called "actors" (with the term "actresses" slowly being phased out). In those cases, and in many others, there are political or status-driven reasons that people felt these terms undermined their skills or carried with them a negative/disrespectful connotation. Maybe the clearest example is how "stewardesses" became "flight attendants." 

But no pro-wrestler is ashamed to be called a pro-wrestler. No pro-wrestling fan prefers to say they watch "sports entertainment." The "WWE speak" is driven completely by one man and his bizarre unwillingness to admit that he's in the professional wrestling business. 

I don't think anyone at FOX or USA give one shit what they call themselves. They know what shows they bought and who "performance fights" on them.

Off topic but :

38 minutes ago, DMJ said:

or how now, men and women, can both be called "actors" (with the term "actresses" slowly being phased out).

That's fascinating, because in France we are actually feminizing a whole lot of profession names, so that women have the female form of the noun (which doesn't exist for plenty of jobs, especially those who are/were occupied by men mostly).

Performance Fighter reminds me a Karate Fighter though... It's equally stupid as sports entertainer, but flows better at least.

7 minutes ago, El-P said:

Performance Fighter reminds me a Karate Fighter though... It's equally stupid as sports entertainer, but flows better at least.

Yeah that's what I was going for. Both terms are dumb but "Performance Fighter" somehow seems....less dumb? At least it describes what they do better than "Sports Entertainer" if you don't want to call them wrestlers. 

It's still funny that the biggest wrestling company in the world doesn't like to call its wrestlers "wrestlers" though.

2 hours ago, sek69 said:

Fakey Fakerson

That would actually be a great name for some jobber now that I think of it.

21 minutes ago, sek69 said:

At least it describes what they do better than "Sports Entertainer" if you don't want to call them wrestlers. 

Yep. It's pretty much spot on when you think of it. Not that it should be used, because it still makes pro-wrestling sounds like... figure skating (Mike Oles, where art thou ?). "Sports entertainer" never made a lick of sense to me. What is your job ? You do sport that is entertaining ? What ?

13 hours ago, Herodes said:

Awwww AEW cult member who “boycotted” WWE yet posts endlessly in WWE threads is unable to maturely respond to hypocrisy when someone comments on their hot takes. It’s not only the brown people who oversee criminal regimes. But thanks for not responding with another interesting long post, your contributions in WWE threads are always welcome.

At no point has El-P ever been reprimanded for being a racist in his decade+ of posting here so lets be careful about labeling posters as such without actual specific proof. Thanks! 

So apparently Nia Jax deleted her Twitter and took all WWE references off her Instagram while changing her display name to her real name on there. Then Alexa was sad-facing on her Twitter so I suppose either Nia took another leave of absence or they are trying to work another angle. 

28 minutes ago, sek69 said:

So apparently Nia Jax deleted her Twitter and took all WWE references off her Instagram while changing her display name to her real name on there. Then Alexa was sad-facing on her Twitter so I suppose either Nia took another leave of absence or they are trying to work another angle. 

Wasn't her injury supposed to be nearly career-ending?

3 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Wasn't her injury supposed to be nearly career-ending?

It was double ACL surgery, certainly a long recovery process but not normally something career ending unless some complications come up. She's been posting videos of her post surgery workouts and things seemed to be going well.