Pro Wrestling Only

WWE 24/7 July-September 2007 Thread

Loss

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ironic that the match that put MVP over the top in a lot of people's eyes is now effectively erased from history. If one day MVP ends up a star and the inevitable career retrospective DVD comes out, WWE will have it that one day he just magically became viewed as a A level player.

WWE in 2007 running the promos where Foley tries to get Dreamer to give up the hardcore style so he can live a long, healthy life is really bizarre.

Ironically Dreamer was right all along. If he had jumped to WCW, he'd be out of the business. Staying with ECW allowed him to eventually land his WWE gig that he currently holds.

Survivor Series 93 is just hilarious to watch. Shawn's mullet is out of control and threatens to take over his interview segment.

Also it's funny to notice that the 3 guys who are still active wrestlers in 2007 are HBK, Taker, and Mable/Viscera/Big Daddy V.

• 2 weeks later...

Holy shit, the 4/21/76 episode of CWF that just came up is the greatest thing ever. Funky 70s theme music, Gordon in a pink 70s jacket, Dusty with a paralyzed face looking and sounding eerily like current Jim Ross, Andre, Frank "Not Brody Yet" Goodish.......just wow............

*edit* If that wasn't enough, Goodish is teaming with KING CURTIS~! (with hair~!)

More WWE editing hilarity: The Freebirds' entrance is clipped completely from GAB 90, they didn't even get the dubbed over generic music treatment. What makes it great is that I have to assume the Birds were using Badstreet USA or some other song made by current member of the WWE inner circle Michael Hayes, and they couldn't even secure the rights to his music either.

More WWE editing hilarity: The Freebirds' entrance is clipped completely from GAB 90, they didn't even get the dubbed over generic music treatment. What makes it great is that I have to assume the Birds were using Badstreet USA or some other song made by current member of the WWE inner circle Michael Hayes, and they couldn't even secure the rights to his music either.

Maybe they actually used Freebird that night?

Maybe they actually used Freebird that night?

Consisidering they were deep in the sequins and makeup phase at this point, I doubt it.

They were definitely using "Badstreet USA" at this point. This was at the height of their fake rock stars gimmick.

Makes me wonder why WWE can't secure the rights to it then, it's not like Hayes is ever going to use it again and the video is a "Shorties" segment if there ever was one.

Then again, WWE doesn't seem to have the rights to half the songs on the albums they made themselves either.

Watching RAW from 1997, I just realized how Sunny completely copied Rick Rude's "fat, out of shape" heat routine. I guess I was distracted by something when I was watching this as an 18 year old........

*edit* TELL ME A LIE VIDEO! GREATEST RAW EVER!

They were definitely using "Badstreet USA" at this point. This was at the height of their fake rock stars gimmick.

Were they possibly using that godawful "because I'm a Freebird and what was your excuse" song (the one they used and entered the ring with a horrible lip sync act at one of the Clashes) by this point? Or did they start that affront to humanity right around the time they were hooked up with Big Daddy Dink and Bradstreet?

Were they possibly using that godawful "because I'm a Freebird and what was your excuse" song (the one they used and entered the ring with a horrible lip sync act at one of the Clashes) by this point? Or did they start that affront to humanity right around the time they were hooked up with Big Daddy Dink and Bradstreet?

They started using that during the Kip Frey era, I think debuting it at Clash XVIII in Topeka, KS, a couple of years after this. Frey apparently loved Hayes and Garvin enough to take them off the road for a few months to get them over as something special and also give them $50,000 raises.

Rick Rude was so awesome, and he does get some credit, but I still think he's underrated. Especially in terms of the influence on later gimmicks.

The kiss he'd give at the cameraman when coming down the aisle in WCW was particularly great. Such a simple little touch, but it didn't come off "gay" or "ladies man". It was more like a kiss of death considering how pissed off he looked.

Damn, I forgot how awesome it was when the Road Warriors were the surprise on this RAW.