Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 08/19 - 08/25 The Return of the King of the Ring

KawadaSmile

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm predicting McIntyre wins. 

I think the WWE thinks that winning a KOTR tournament can revitalize a dead character or fast-track someone into the main event when they need someone there - hence the wins for William Regal and Wade Barrett. Plus, the British thing seems to be a trend too. 

That being said, like with Regal and Barrett, I don't think it will work. You can't reheat someone overnight - especially not in this way in 2019. McIntyre might work as a challenger for Kofi - but Rollins/McIntyre is a feud we've already seen and is really no better than Rollins/Corbin. Rollins needs some genuinely fresh opponents - Andrade, Lashley, even Samoa Joe or Daniel Bryan - to make things interesting. Recycling the same stuff we already saw in late 2018/early 2019 is not going to help business. 

If I trusted that they could actually book then I would be optimistic that they can elevate more than one person with their performances in the tournament and hopefully be coming out of it not only with the winner getting a heavy push but with two or three other feuds set up. As it is, I hope the likes of Andrade and Murphy get the chance to have some quality performances.

13 minutes ago, Strummer said:

Announced that Sasha will be on the "King"s Court" tonight to "explain her actions" from last week.

and I also think Drew Is winning the tournament

Anyone except for Corbin, Drew, or Elias would potentially be interesting as a winner.

That means it's absolutely one of those three guys.

Fairly confident they are going to do Ali vs Murphy in this tournament and it's going to rule so much. Kingcochet or Rey Andrade would be dope winners, too!

On paper the tournament offers us some really good possibilities, and if the finals are supposed to be a Raw wrestler vs a SD one, then it's even sweeter, because it can protect the final match up.

That talk about Drew winning reminded me they had this incredible idea in one of the WWE2K games where Sheamus, Barrett, Regal and McIntyre were a stable called The United Kingdom. Kinda made wish Regal was out there managing Drew. Surely would solve the problem of his boring promos.

52 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Fairly confident they are going to do Ali vs Murphy in this tournament and it's going to rule so much. Kingcochet or Rey Andrade would be dope winners, too!

On paper the tournament offers us some really good possibilities, and if the finals are supposed to be a Raw wrestler vs a SD one, then it's even sweeter, because it can protect the final match up.

That talk about Drew winning reminded me they had this incredible idea in one of the WWE2K games where Sheamus, Barrett, Regal and McIntyre were a stable called The United Kingdom. Kinda made wish Regal was out there managing Drew. Surely would solve the problem of his boring promos.

Good news for you! Ali vs. Murphy is a 1st round match.

sB5Jrw0_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

1 hour ago, El Dragon said:

Good news for you! Ali vs. Murphy is a 1st round match.

sB5Jrw0_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Oh god this bracket is some good, good shit. Ricochet vs Baron or Drew vs Cedric have got to be the semi finals on the RAW side.

Andrade vs Gable is bound to be lit (I mean they can't have Shelton go over Gable, can they?), and so is Ali vs Buddy. Gimme all that shit.

The way I view the bracket is kinda easy. 5 first round matches seem to have obvious winners: 

Joe over Cesaro, Cedric over Sami, Corbin over Miz, Gable over Benjamin, and Andrade over Crews.

Furthermore Andrade over Gable round 2 seems super likely. So we can plug Andrade into the Semi Finals there, which I like a good deal.

So the 1st round (and my prediction for the entire tournament) falls on who wins the Ricochet/Drew, Owens/Elias, and Murphy/Ali match. The only 2 matches I think have a real shot of being the Raw finals are Alexander/McIntrye and Ricochet/Corbin. Whoever wins that first round match tells me what the final on that side will be. Smackdown is more interesting because with Andrade set in the finals it should just be “Owens or Ali, pick your poison” but the Murphy push feeling almost tweenerish adds another dimension. My guess is Owens gets screwed round 1, and he costs Elias a match against either Ali or Murphy round 2. 

Someone else pointed this out to me but, with the NXT news, this could be WWE's Mania week schedule:

Monday: Raw - 3hr

Tuesday: Rumoured FS1 Show - 1hr

Wednesday: NXT - 2hrs

Thursday: Hall Of Fame (where else will it go?) 3hr

Friday: Smackdown - 2hrs

Saturday: Takeover - 2hrs

Sunday: Wrestlemania - 7hrs

Monday: Raw - 3hrs

Tuesday: FS1 - 1hr

Wednesday: NXT - 2hr

That's like 25 hours of television in a week. Plus whatever the fuck is going on with XFL. Vince needs to get back on the coke big time.

To me, that might be a plus point for AEW. If you're considering watching wrestling or are a more casual fan (if that exists) you'll pick the company with a two hour weekly time commitment as opposed to the one with a seven hour plus weekly commitment.