Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 02/09 - 08/09 Being so busy you can't keep up with the news is Actually Good

KawadaSmile

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She's been booked as either an idiot babyface or a complete asshole most of her main roster run, not surprising she wanted to be a heel.  Hence my previous post where fans are popping for heel turns since it means the person finally has a shot at being booked competently. 

7 hours ago, SteveJRogers said:

Hey, it worked for Becky!

It did, because the company is no longer able to successfully book a babyface act as anything other than a bumbling idiot and/or an annoying jerk.  Fans shouldn't have to hope their favorites turn heel to be able to not look like goofs.

19 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

That was a sweet, sudden Skull Crushing Finale.

Also, Cesaro going back to the workhorse role is so, so good. Him and Roman are the absolute best TV workers WWE has right now, and with Ricochet, Cedric and Murphy having great matches constantly, they might have to work even harder. 

I mention this as a genuine topic of discussion, so please don't misunderstand me if I sound like a dick. Your optimism is always appreciated around here, and I always look forward to reading your comments about these shows on the board.

With all that being said - it still feels like all these matches are happening in a vacuum. There's no sense of canon or actual continuity.

Cesaro, Ricochet, Cedric, and Buddy are tearing it up on TV. They're having these great matches on a consistent basis, but none of it feels like it means a thing. Nobody feels like they're gaining actual momentum. Wins, like losses, are irrelevant. Because everyone is right back where they were when next week gets here, regardless of the outcomes or the angles from the week before.

I appreciate it in a sense, because I can randomly watch a single match as standalone viewing and find comfort in knowing that I've missed absolutely nothing in the three months I haven't watched. But it's also really deflating, because - well, nothing ever really happens.

Great TV workers are having great matches. There's no denying that. But for what? For the purpose of killing time. It's all in the pursuit of simply existing. It's all filler. I don't see any progress.

Outside of somebody moving up a spot or two on your next GWE list, what's the point? There really isn't one.

Hopefully, now that Heyman is in charge with RAW that this will change. It seems like he wants Cedric to get a sustained push and have the fans rally behind him and the quality in-ring work is what helped Cedric get signed after the Cruiserweight Classic and such. Although it would be nice to have a real good storyline to sink our teeth in for the midcard and upper midcard.

It wasn't long ago that the most unconditionally beloved babyfaces in the company were Daniel Bryan, Sami Zayn, and Bayley. They've now had to turn all three heel because the booking killed them dead as babyfaces. But let's not undersell how much damage has been done to Becky. Earlier this year, the crowd reactions she got essentially forced WWE to turn Ronda Rousey heel. Now, when someone turns on her and leaves her laying, the crowd responds with cheers and yes chants. I honestly don't know if it's incompetence or deliberate character assassination.

She’s incredibly unlikeable, boring in the ring and her Twitter “banter“ is embarrassing. Ronda was so far and above everyone.

Bayley as a babyface was useful because it at least allowed the relevant authorities to easily identify adult male “huggers” who need to have their hard drives confiscated.

1 hour ago, NintendoLogic said:

It wasn't long ago that the most unconditionally beloved babyfaces in the company were Daniel Bryan, Sami Zayn, and Bayley. They've now had to turn all three heel because the booking killed them dead as babyfaces. But let's not undersell how much damage has been done to Becky. Earlier this year, the crowd reactions she got essentially forced WWE to turn Ronda Rousey heel. Now, when someone turns on her and leaves her laying, the crowd responds with cheers and yes chants. I honestly don't know if it's incompetence or deliberate character assassination.

At this point it's incompetence. If it was just one person I'd buy character assassination, but anyone on the roster who's pushed as a babyface gets made out to be a geek unless they have the charisma to overcome it.