Pro Wrestling Only

Sean Oliver's Kayfabe Podcast

It has nothing to do with having "heat". Having "heat" means the audience wants to see you get beat up because you're an asshole, and has fun hating on you. No one wants to see Russo in any capacity, apart from his little clique of fanboys online. Turning people off and away doesn't mean you have heat with an audience. Booking Russo in 2019 reeks of desperation click baiting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Johnny Candido episode was interesting. Tammy comes off like a horrible person though.

I did enjoy the Raven one too since I'm a Raven fan. I wish the guy would make some cameos in IMPACT or AEW again. 

Gonna listen to the Terri Runnels one too, she's someone you don't hear that much abou (the shoot interview she did years ago was excellent).

Sean really is still clearly not sure what he wants to do I think, but at least he seems to have some different guests at times.

7 minutes ago, El-P said:

Gonna listen to the Terri Runnels one too, she's someone you don't hear that much abou (the shoot interview she did years ago was excellent).

She had her own podcast (doesn't everyone?) on the MLW Network at one point.  I never listened to it myself, so can't pass comment as to whether it was any good or not.  No idea if it's still running either.

On 22 novembre 2019 at 5:05 PM, GSR said:

No idea if it's still running either.

Not since April apparently. I though the episode was pretty interesting, as Terri Runnels is always a compelling interview to me, even if it did not adress much in term of pro-wrestling content. I'll keep on listening when a guest I like pops up.

• 3 weeks later...