Pro Wrestling Only

I'm making this thread because, on paper, I actually think this looks like it could be a pretty good show. In addition, I'm also actually watching the Pay-Per-View tonight because I don't have to work & have not watched a lot of wrestling lately. I think the last show I watched was AEW All Out. So I have an itch that needs to be scratched. I also, miraculously, talked my girlfriend into watching with me. She's not watched a show with me since Asuka was still in NXT (she loved Asuka, so her not being used on the main roster is a big deal to her viewing interest). Despite the fact that Seth Rollins is wrestling twice on the show - meanwhile talent like Rusev can't even make a show - is a bit disheartening, but I'm still optimistic. Let's see if this thread can be more active & lively tonight!

rzsM3bQ.png

THE CARD:

Universal Champion Seth Rollins vs. Braun Strowman
Raw Women’s Champion Becky Lynch vs. Sasha Banks
WWE Champion Kofi Kingston vs. Randy Orton
Roman Reigns vs. Erick Rowan (No Disqualification Match)
SmackDown Women’s Champion Bayley vs. Charlotte Flair
Raw Tag Team Champions Seth Rollins & Braun Strowman vs. Dolph Ziggler &  Robert Roode
WWE Women’s Tag Team Champions Alexa Bliss & Nikki Cross vs. Mandy Rose & Sonya Deville
SmackDown Tag Team Champions Big E & Xavier Woods vs. The Revival
Intercontinental Champion Shinsuke Nakamura vs. The Miz
United States Champion AJ Styles vs. Cedric Alexander
WWE Cruiserweight Champion Drew Gulak vs. Humberto Carrillo vs. Lince Dorado

=====

=====

I think that Nakamura/Miz will probably disappoint my expectations, as that's how I've felt about Shinsuke's entire WWE run. Styles/Alexander should be good. New Day/Revival will probably be pretty good. Both women's title matches could be good. The Cruiserweight match will probably end up being on the preshow but it could be decent. I do like Gulak. I think Rose/Deville have both improved lately, especially Sonya, but I don't expect anything from that match. I don't care about either Seth matches, especially the tag match which somehow managed to put four of the most boring motherfuckers on the entire goddamn roster into one match. Good lord. Still don't know why WWE ever signed Bobby Roode or re-signed Dolph Ziggler. Two Seth matches on one card is brutal, but it is what it is. I've liked what they've been doing with Rowan lately but I don't think that match will be anything. Just Rowan doing some no DQ stuff with chair/steps & then losing clean to a Spear most likely. The Kofi/Orton match is the biggest question mark to me. I don't know what to expect from that one. This Kofi reign has been boring & forgettable & I'm ready for it to be over. On the other hand, Randy Orton is boring & forgettable & the last thing he needs is another title run. The feud doesn't make sense of why it's even happening. They need to get the belt off of Kofi but they need to start making new guys, especially if they're going to try to hit FOX running when Smackdown moves over there. If they just try to go back to same old shit, Roman, Charlotte, etc. I don't think people are going to care. 

...where's Brock?

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

20190227_ClashOfChampions_SethBraun--9114d3223ea0ef5cc1b7940848285e61.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, Coffey said:

The Countdown is starting right now. So, even the B-level PPVs are four hours long now? That seems... excessive. 

Presumably 5.  4.5 minimum as with that many matches I can't see this ending before 10:30, and its not like we've got a Brock match guaranteed to go short in the main event position.

On paper this looks like a show that could really deliver.  Orton/Kofi and Nakamura/Miz are the only matches that either don't interest me or have potential to be good.  I don't expect everything else to deliver, but when a show with that many opportunities to do so is a welcomed addition to the schedule.  Just don't remind me I still need to catch up today's NJPW Destruction show and tomorrow's at some point this week.

Just now, Coffey said:

This match was pretty good but I didn't love the finish. I was unfamiliar with Humberto Carrillo before this match but he's really good & was definitely the star of the match. Fun opener.

Agree with just about all of this.  Solid action at a great pace but a finish that didn't reach the heights of what preceded it.  Nonetheless solid fare for the preshow.

I'm doing a Clash of the Champions blog (though it doesn't seem like many people are joining me). It appears like only the mother of the front row mother/son duo is in attendance, so even the crazy diehards are skipping out.

https://segundacaida.blogspot.com/2019/09/wwe-clash-of-champions-91519.html 

Edit: Saw my dude there after the cruiser match, all is fine

Edited by EricR

1. The close-ups of Rowan's face are pretty much gold.

2. It's actually pretty weird to watch modern WWE product when you have watched a bunch of wrestling in the last few months but none of it was from this decade. The camera cuts, the announcing, the pacing, etc. Whatever I've been watching lately, it's not been this.