Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 09/16 - 09/22 Stop pushing Seth down our throats!

KawadaSmile

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, CarpetCrawler said:

You can't tell me Vince fed him that line.  100% that was all Corey.  Incredible what a deep end drop in quality Corey's had ever since NXT.

Vince wasn't at RAW tonight. In fact, neither were Triple H and Kevin Dunn as well. Paul Heyman was running the show tonight.

5 hours ago, CarpetCrawler said:

To be a fly on the wall when Corey is explaining to Paul Heyman what a "beta cuck" is.

I'd be pretty confident Heyman already knows what that is. To think Corey was somehow going into business for himself by outwardly stating what was being implied all through this storyline so far is kind of naive. 

As far as Corey's drop in quality goes I'd think there's two factors at play: Main roster announcers get overproduced to death, almost all of them start out pretty good (or at least you can see potential), but within a few months everything that made them unique gets replaced by WWE drone speak. Secondly, there seems to be a lot of evidence that Corey's let being put on both shows go to his head. He's had some Seth-worthy levels of cringe inducing interactions with randoms on Twitter, and he's basically admitted he goes out partying and Renee ends up being his babysitter keeping him out of trouble. 

That sucked too, but the major difference is that Bryan was trying to get his wife to safety and wasn't running to protect himself. And he fought back against Kane instead of cowering in the corner. Hell, that actually strengthens my point. Seth is being booked worse than Daniel Bryan, who WWE actively tried to sabotage at every turn.

"THE DEMON," KANE!™

"THE FIEND," BRAY WYATT!™

"THE DEMON," KANE!™

MANDIBLE CLAW™ BY "THE FIEND," BRAY WYATT™, ON "THE DEMON" KANE™!

Just a friendly reminder that Michael Cole still sucks shit through a straw. There's been quite a bit of talk lately about commentators, like Corey Graves, Mauro Ranallo, Jim Ross & Alex Marvez, but let's not forget Michael Cole is still abysmal. Yes, including when he's doing NXT or not being "overproduced" or "micromanaged." Dude has been fucking awful since 1999. TWENTY YEARS OF MEDIOCRITY!

13 hours ago, sek69 said:

I'd be pretty confident Heyman already knows what that is. To think Corey was somehow going into business for himself by outwardly stating what was being implied all through this storyline so far is kind of naive. 

I would bet an entire farm on Corey finding out what a "beta cuck" is and waiting for months to spring it on someone as an insult on the show if his recent Twitter history which you mention directly below this sentence is any indication.

1 hour ago, Coffey said:

"THE DEMON," KANE!™

"THE DEMON," KANE!™

MANDIBLE CLAW™ BY "THE FIEND," BRAY WYATT™, ON "THE DEMON" KANE™!

Just a friendly reminder that Michael Cole still sucks shit through a straw. There's been quite a bit of talk lately about commentators, like Corey Graves, Mauro Ranallo, Jim Ross & Alex Marvez, but let's not forget Michael Cole is still abysmal. Yes, including when he's doing NXT or not being "overproduced" or "micromanaged." Dude has been fucking awful since 1999. TWENTY YEARS OF MEDIOCRITY!

He was good doing the Beast in the East show and on the Mae Young Classic,  practically everything he does that annoys people is by design since it's what Vince wants.

Just go back to the 80s and 90s when Vince was lead announcer, that's what he wants everyone to sound like but the problem is no one can do Vince like Vince does. 

Watching anything WWE in 2019 reminds me of the meme of the conversation between a CFO and CEO.

CFO: What if we invest all our time and energy into developing our people, and then they just leave us?

CEO: What if we don't, and then they stay??

Welcome to WWE in 2019. Where they're too gun-shy to develop or market or promote their own talent. Where their paranoia prevents them from creating any stars. Where everyone and everything is designed to remain perpetually in place at the same specific level forever.

WWE Gratitude. Get it?

For real though. God bless you guys for braving it out and sticking with it, but this shit sucks soopah hard. I can't even imagine being bothered to keep up anymore.

3 hours ago, Coffey said:

"Just a friendly reminder that Michael Cole still sucks shit through a straw. There's been quite a bit of talk lately about commentators, like Corey Graves, Mauro Ranallo, Jim Ross & Alex Marvez, but let's not forget Michael Cole is still abysmal. Yes, including when he's doing NXT or not being "overproduced" or "micromanaged." Dude has been fucking awful since 1999. TWENTY YEARS OF MEDIOCRITY!

Fight me

5 hours ago, El Dragon said:

Can we officially just look at anything Dave reports about the E with a massive grain of salt now?

We should've done this a long time ago tbh

Just now, Strummer said:

Oh well Kofi it was a fun 9 months or so.

Brock/Kofi on first Fox SD?

I mean, they did basically everything they could with Kofi. Cannot say this was a bad run at all, and it was one of the rare occasions where WWE read the room and changed plans. A net positive.

But yeah, they absolutely should crown Brock champion when they go to Fox.