Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 09/16 - 09/22 Stop pushing Seth down our throats!

KawadaSmile

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well JBL issue was that internet really liked him originally while they REALLY hated him.  And he let people know about it.  Plus I really wonder how much JBL understand or give a shit about Mauro's mental condition.   Now that we have heard about 2 years straight of this, we know how extremely excessive it was

Mauro puts effort into every syllable. JBL phones it in and counts the minutes until happy hour. 

It's weird, because JBL was much better years ago. But by the end, he was clearly overproduced and didn't give a shit.

Legends With JBL was amazing though. It's a shame WWE cut its own nose off by cancelling that, the Stone Cold Podcast, etc.

Cole marking out to Meiko Satomura >>>> anything Mauro ever did on commentary.

This is Toronto, nothing but nuts!!!!!! This is shorter than a Tik Tok video!!!!!! Mamma Mia Yim!!!!!!!

Seriously. I think about this tweet everytime.

Horrible, horrible. Plus the fact that him and Beth/Nigel barely interact make the NXT commentary team AWFUL.

Fun main event, but this wasn't the blow away show it needed to be IMO.

I no longer have the Network, so the second hour is irrelevant (as it will be to most of the viewing audience watching this on USA). 

Then again, AEW's first show on paper doesn't look amazing either, so we'll see...

I thought the show was good enough.  I'm not a regular follower of NXT.

Positives: lighting, production, good promo packages on guys, the 2 matches were both good (nothing blow away but it's TV not Takeover), pacing/easy to watch hour (wondering if it might get old in a 2-hour format); rabid crowd

Negatives: I did have enough of Mauro by the end.  I understand he's usually excitable so that will take some getting used to.  But the constant pop culture references and metaphors got old.  Not sure if that's part of his normal shtick or not.  It's funny for years people complained about announcers not making current pop culture references but with this guy it comes off forced or like an old man desperately trying to seem hip.

I didn't think Dream got to show much of anything tonight in the ring but his character was strong.

I did not realize it was the first "fuck AEW" NXT already. I would watch it out of curiosity, then you all talk about Mauro and I go "eww, no"... That's how much of a turn-off this guy is to me because whereas I can shut off most bad announcing (I did not even notice Bloodsport's for instance), Mauro you just can't ignore, which makes it even worse.

I love how that person in the tweet was all "one show in and they're turning on Mauro" when people have been down on him for a while. Or is PWO just ahead of the curve?

Nice to see that he's taking a page from Seth's playbook and play the "check the bank account" card though.

25 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Or is PWO just ahead of the curve?

I think we're ahead of the curve, like with most things. Like for example on SquaredCircle on Reddit, they LOVE Mauro & will downvote people to hell & back if they say something bad about him. Of course, they also think Kurt Angle & Shawn Michaels are two of the best all-time, that Seth Rollins is great & that Roman Reigns sucks. They also seem to heavily favor WWE as a whole.

SquaredCircle ain't real good...

45 minutes ago, sek69 said:

I love how that person in the tweet was all "one show in and they're turning on Mauro" when people have been down on him for a while. Or is PWO just ahead of the curve?

Nice to see that he's taking a page from Seth's playbook and play the "check the bank account" card though.

I defended him for a long time and liked his commentary for a long time. He's been unbearable since the New York Takeover. He doesn't actively ruin shows like the main roster announcers do but there are a lot of shows where I end up thinking "why is he yelling at me?" The pop culture references can be okay but he throws them out with the finesse of an ox more often than not. He also matches Nigel and Beth worse because they then feel the need to yell. I think his commentary is also getting more exposed because the NXT product has kind of been mediocre since New York and it feels like he's trying to make mediocre content look better by being loud.

1 minute ago, Dale Wolfe said:

I'm not sure there is a single good play by play left in the company

I would argue there are no good commentators left in the company. Renee is good in that Mean Gene kind of role but she's terrible as the third announcer in the three man booth. The three man booth is death and I think it's awful that it seems to be the standard now with WWE and AEW.