Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 09/16 - 09/22 Stop pushing Seth down our throats!

KawadaSmile

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, rovert said:

Enjoyed your post Thread Killer.

Velveteen Dream entered the match with Roddy with a back/lumbar injury and it got worse during the match. I hope that isn't a sign of his body breaking down already.

:( That's not good news.  When I read the reports online about Dream having back problems after the match, I assumed it was a work intended to put all of Strong's work on Dream's back during the match over, with all the backbreakers and everything. I hope he's okay and just needs some rest and physiotherapy or something.  Back injuries can be brutal.

While we're on the topic of backs and backbreakers, does anybody else think calling Roderick Strong the "Messiah of the Backbreaker" sounds really stupid and it doesn't even work?  I can see "Master of the Backbreaker."  Fine.  But the dictionary definition of the word "Messiah" means "in Judaism, the prophizised  King and deliverer of the Jews" or "the accepted leader of a hope or cause."  Neither of those definitions apply, unless we are to believe that Roderick Strong is the savior of the Jews and will be leading them to heaven (by use of the backbreaker I assume) OR he is here to somehow be the messianic leader over all the backbreakers. 

It's a stupid nickname and it doesn't even make any sense.

Had a moment of weakness and considered changing my forum avatar to Mauro...

...but that moment has passed.

However, imagine how much better the biggest hits of the year - Kofimania, etc. - would've been if Mauro had been the one providing the soundtrack. 

14 hours ago, The Thread Killer said:

There was one more positive thing I wanted to mention.  I fucking hate stupid overused PC buzzwords like "inclusiveness" and "diversity" and "progressive" which all have perfectly valid uses and literal meanings, but they get overused to the point of being ridiculous.  However, having said all that - I was really impressed with how diverse the NXT roster and this show really was.  A great women's division with American, Japanese and Chinese women...and more.  And on the men's side, European, American, Japanese, Brazilian. Black and White. NXT really is a global brand that has representatives from all over the world, and I think it's really cool that we get to see people like Ruas and Li, who a few years ago we probably wouldn't have been able to see.

This is such a great point. If you go back and watch WWE TV from the mid 2000s it's striking the lack of diversity. Yes there used to be a token Japanese stereotype like a Kenzo Suzuki, but look at how few European wrestlers there were for example. There was maybe Regal and Finlay - who had been in the US so long at that point they were practically native - but nobody else. When Paul Burchill got signed for example in 2004/05, it was a massive deal for the UK indie scene here as NOBODY got that opportunity - they just weren't interested. Now you have English, Scottish, Welsh, Irish, Dutch, Austrian, German, Swiss, Italian... And as you say, to see women from different ethnic backgrounds, and from Japan and China when previously the most 'exotic' you could be in WWE as a woman was to be Canadian then it makes for a refreshing change. 

On 9/16/2019 at 9:33 PM, CarpetCrawler said:

You can't tell me Vince fed him that line.  100% that was all Corey.  Incredible what a deep end drop in quality Corey's had ever since NXT.

Disagree but it is all speculation. If I had to guess Heymam fed him the line. Reeks of Heyman trying to desperately push the envelope. 

3 hours ago, Dale Wolfe said:

Obviously didn't watch all three hours of raw but it's really not a bad show now compared to five-six months ago. Commentary is still god awful but the flow of it all is so much better. 

When you don't have the heels get the upper hand all the time, things are better. I love Corbin but that time when him, Drew and Bobby dominated RAW was rough, and also led to nowhere.

His original ring gear was pretty awful too. And the Lone Wolf wasn't as good or as well defined a character as what he is now, a guy who is a stooge for the heel authority figures.

I feel like the "Lone Wolf" should have been like Bad News Brown, as in a heel he hates both the babyfaces as well as the other heels.

Luckiest fan ever, and future comedy hall of famer for sure.

There are also tons of great comments comparing J.R. and Mauro, as well as fans correctly identifying that Mauro makes Takeover feel even more special. 

As for Cobin, I think people forget how "young" he is in the business. He hasn't quite put the package together yet, but he's inching closer every year. 

Mauro calling his matches would make the difference, I feel. (Okay, lol, I'm sorry...I couldn't resist!) :P 

I just woke up, and as per my habit I checked the website for my local All News Radio station to see if there was anything important going on news-wise, either locally or globally.

The Main Story, at the top of the page, headline lead-off...is Lacey Evans getting a speeding ticket in Edmonton and then complaining about it and posting a video on Twitter. Of particular note is the part of the article where a "social media expert" opines that Lacey might be using "shtick" to bring attention to herself. 

That social media expert must be a GENIUS.

This is what passes for headline news in 2019.

Good Lord.

23 minutes ago, The Thread Killer said:

I just woke up, and as per my habit I checked the website for my local All News Radio station to see if there was anything important going on news-wise, either locally or globally.

The Main Story, at the top of the page, headline lead-off...is Lacey Evans getting a speeding ticket in Edmonton and then complaining about it and posting a video on Twitter. Of particular note is the part of the article where a "social media expert" opines that Lacey might be using "shtick" to bring attention to herself. 

That social media expert must be a GENIUS.

This is what passes for headline news in 2019.

Good Lord.

You don't say ! :lol:

It almost seems fake, as she's basically cutting a promo on the officer, who in return could not be nicer to her... Yeah I know, "everything is a work", I'm an old pro-wrestling fan.