Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite Week 1

FMKK

They're doing a countdown show tomorrow where it looks like the partners for Jericho Vs The Elite will be revealed.

Cody vs Sammy Guevara and PAC Vs Hangman Page are also booked for Wednesday.

I can't lie, this is the most excited I've been about wrestling in a long time. I'm really trying to manage my expectations but I hope this show is a home run.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure how reliable this is, but PWInsider is reporting that AEW Dynamite will be airing at 8:00 pm live on TSN.  They are the all sports network owned by Bell Canada (the phone company) that used to air Raw during the Monday Night wars.  I assume that they won't have a problem with preemption since TSN has 5 channels.  If this is true...talk about waiting until the last minute.

John Pollock from POST Wrestling is also confirming Meltzer's report so I'm thrilled and now I can get excited for Wednesday night. I assume it will primarily air on TSN2 (which is kind of their feed carrying alternate stuff - for instance, they replayed the Kenny Omega doc tonight from 7 to 8 PM) but it's a good thing they can move it around in case of possible preemption; a luxury they didn't have back in the day when they were carrying both WWF and WCW.

As of right now, according to my DVR program guide, here is what is scheduled for TSN Wednesday Night at 8:00 pm:

TSN1: World Series of Poker

TSN2: Major League Soccer - Toronto FC vs. Chicago Fire

TSN3: Bull Riding

TSN4: 2019 Rugby World Cup

TSN5: UFC Main Event (Classic/Old UFC fights)

I might watch AEW if TSN changes this schedule and adds AEW, but NOT if they preempt Bull Riding, dammit.  Some things are sacred.

So, Jericho revealed ahead of time that his "mystery" partners are

Santana and Ortiz

who already appeared at All Out.

This really feels like a last-minute backup plan because they couldn't get Enzo, Cass, or whoever they really had in mind.

If not, why have

the former LAX

appear at All Out in the first place and why have Jericho wait until the day before to reveal his partners instead of doing it a month ago when they showed up?

10 hours ago, The Thread Killer said:

As of right now, according to my DVR program guide, here is what is scheduled for TSN Wednesday Night at 8:00 pm:

TSN1: World Series of Poker

TSN2: Major League Soccer - Toronto FC vs. Chicago Fire

TSN3: Bull Riding

TSN4: 2019 Rugby World Cup

TSN5: UFC Main Event (Classic/Old UFC fights)

I might watch AEW if TSN changes this schedule and adds AEW, but NOT if they preempt Bull Riding, dammit.  Some things are sacred.

Dynamite will air on TSN2 for the first 4 weeks. As of now, it's listed on TSN3 for October 30th. After that, I don't know on which feed it'll air but I assume it's gonna depend on various events like NHL's schedule.

2 hours ago, PeteF3 said:

As soon as Jericho announced mystery partners, people were thinking LAX. 

Which is fine, until they ceased being mysteries after debuting at All Out, and yet Jericho waited until the day before the show to confirm that they’re his partners. May not have been Enzo and Cass, but it sure feels like something fell through at the last second.

Plus, didn’t Jericho say his partners would be controversial? Nothing controversial about this. *Shrug*

6 hours ago, C.S. said:

So, Jericho revealed ahead of time that his "mystery" partners are

Reveal hidden contents

Santana and Ortiz

who already appeared at All Out.

This really feels like a last-minute backup plan because they couldn't get Enzo, Cass, or whoever they really had in mind.

If not, why have

Reveal hidden contents

the former LAX

appear at All Out in the first place and why have Jericho wait until the day before to reveal his partners instead of doing it a month ago when they showed up?

My hunch on this is that they were going to be a surprise for TV and PAC was going to be the surprise for All Out, but when Moxley had to pull out and PAC was announced ahead of time, they through LAX on All Out to still have a surprise debut.

Come on, everyone knew LAX were gonna be Jericho's partners. Enzo & Cass would have got a huge collective groan from AEW's fanbase, for sure. I have no idea why these two guys names pop up regularly here when talks of some surprise comes up.

If they made a misstep somewhere, it's the way they introduced LAX after the ladder match. It was not needed then and the "two masked guys attack the top teams" had been done before by the very not exciting Dark Order already, so it seemed like rehash. LAX showing up with Jericho would have had a much cooler effect to me. 

Even if the plan ever had been Enzo and Cass (which I don't really think it was) Cass's recent mental breakdown and hospitalization probably would have put an end to that idea, anyhow. I think the only reason their names came up is because aside from Punk, they are two of the few "names" who had been in WWE that are out there and aren't currently working anywhere else and are technically free to sign somewhere.  Plus as @C.S. pointed out, I had thought Jericho had hinted that his partners were going to be surprising or controversial in some way, which LAX really aren't.  Who knows, maybe their original plans for somebody else fell through.

It's also entirely possible Jericho just sometimes says stuff on his own. I seem to recall when he made the sparkly jacket WWE return he kept saying the world would end as we know it at the Rumble that year, but nothing happened and he didn't even win it.

I'm fine with it being LAX, though I agree it would have been better to hold off their All Out appearance if possible (or maybe have them show up flanking Jericho for the main event?).

I live in the US but I don't have cable, so I signed up for Sling TV which is supposed to be able to show TNT in realtime so I can still watch. Hoping it works right, never used it before. AEW needs an online option, I'd gladly pick up the $5 a month option to watch online like some other parts of the world can.

9 hours ago, FMKK said:

My hunch on this is that they were going to be a surprise for TV and PAC was going to be the surprise for All Out, but when Moxley had to pull out and PAC was announced ahead of time, they through LAX on All Out to still have a surprise debut.

I agree. If I had to wager a guess, this is probably what happened. It sounds very logical to me. 

9 hours ago, El-P said:

If they made a misstep somewhere, it's the way they introduced LAX after the ladder match. It was not needed then and the "two masked guys attack the top teams" had been done before by the very not exciting Dark Order already, so it seemed like rehash. LAX showing up with Jericho would have had a much cooler effect to me. 

Agreed.

6 hours ago, The Thread Killer said:

Plus as @C.S. pointed out, I had thought Jericho had hinted that his partners were going to be surprising or controversial in some way, which LAX really aren't.  Who knows, maybe their original plans for somebody else fell through.

That's the only reason I speculated Enzo/Cass. But even if it was never them, LAX doesn't feel like the original plan - or, as @FMKK suggested, they were the plan but Mox's injury threw everything out of whack and "forced" an earlier debut for them (which I still think was avoidable). Either way, I'm not sure what's so controversial about LAX. 

4 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

A heel not keeping his word? Oh, the humanity!

We all support AEW and want tonight to be amazing, but there's no need for you to go into fawning mode and bend over backward to make flimsy excuses like this. 

1 hour ago, Mrzfn said:

It's also entirely possible Jericho just sometimes says stuff on his own. I seem to recall when he made the sparkly jacket WWE return he kept saying the world would end as we know it at the Rumble that year, but nothing happened and he didn't even win it. 

This is possible too. As for the Rumble, I don't remember which year that was, but maybe Jericho was supposed to win it and plans changed? Was that the year Sheamus inexplicably won it when everyone was expecting Jericho to?

9 hours ago, El-P said:

Come on, everyone knew LAX were gonna be Jericho's partners.

I didn't. I figured if they were going to be the "mystery" partners they wouldn't have spoiled the reveal at All Out & showed that LAX were in AEW already. As is stands, the reveal at All Out now feels like it happened for no reason & the reveal of the "mystery" partners feels like a let down - because the surprise was already blown. Granted I think the match will be good & I think it was a good idea to announce it on the Countdown show the day before instead of on the Dynamite debut which would have really let the air out of the room.

I can't remember what podcast I was listening to but some of the other rumored names I've heard recently that aren't currently signed with WWE that might still get a reaction: Jack Swagger, Wade Barrett & Carlito. I fear those names might make AEW look like WWE-lite ala TNA though which is not a stigma AEW wants to get labeled with. Not that they would come in to tag with Jericho - just a different talking point.

1 hour ago, Mrzfn said:

I'm fine with it being LAX, though I agree it would have been better to hold off their All Out appearance if possible (or maybe have them show up flanking Jericho for the main event?).

I live in the US but I don't have cable, so I signed up for Sling TV which is supposed to be able to show TNT in realtime so I can still watch. Hoping it works right, never used it before. AEW needs an online option, I'd gladly pick up the $5 a month option to watch online like some other parts of the world can.

I live in Canada, dont have cable, and have been using a vpn to get US streaming on Roku for almost five years. This morning I signed up for a one week trial of Hulu live TV basically just to watch the debut of AEW and the first Fox SD without any bullshit illegal streaming issues or having to download after the fact. After the trial I'm probably going to go legit and get a minor cable subscription and cancel all the US stuff, including the Network. I've resisted the Canadian Network because you need a cable sub and the on demand content is not available on Roku, at least I dont think it is. It will be cheaper this way too. But this is all motivated by wanting to watch AEW live with no hassles lol