Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite Week 1

FMKK

There's actually a lot of Lucha Underground talent that I would like to see. And AEW seems to have a pretty good working relationship with AAA. I would love to see Drago come in & be their version of The Great Muta. I think Texano has a ton of talent. I even still think Mil Muertes/Ricky Banderas at 44 with a broken body can still bring something to the table. He was GREAT in Lucha Underground, especially in gimmick matches.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, SirEdger said:

And a Salina de la Renta/LAX association also comes naturally and it would certainly get the people talking.

We also know that there's a really big Latin community that watch wrestling which WWE doesn't exactly tap into. It's an area that AEW could prosper from. Much like I think they're going to try to do with tag team wrestling, another thing that WWE does poorly.

I would LOVE to see Salina end up in AEW. Hell, I'd love her to end up in IMPACT.

From the Lucha Underground people, I agree Drago would be really cool in AEW. So would be Marty the fucking Moth. Where has he been anyway ? Of course, if you can't get Salina, you could get Catrina, in a totally different role and character. AEW should definitely tap into that latino audience that WWE has always been clueless about.

Well, I guess I won't be able to watch Dynamite until tomorrow night. Hopefully this topic and the rest of the board has not melted until then. :lol: Not gonna lie, pretty damn excited.

26 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

Banderas has been working for CMLL as Gilbert el Boricua for over a year, so he strikes me as a highly unlikely candidate for AEW.

If anything, working for CMLL makes him a greater candidate to leave for AEW (or anywhere else for that matter). 

9 minutes ago, Boss Rock said:

There's been word Jack Swagger is debuting. Can't say I'm thrilled.

Always thought his work was decent but his presentation was bad.

They could either have him as an MMA bad ass or a guy who thinks he's an MMA bad ass but only fights fat guys (which is true).

Jack Swagger would be quite a HUGE letdown. He sucked the life out of the last season of Lucha Underground, he brought zilch to whenever he appeared in MLW during the first Fusion shows. If that's the case, then he'll be the Elgin of AEW, except Elgin actually has some terrific matches with the right opponents. Please, don't. He's a vacuum of charisma and a "decent" at best worker. 

I have purchased the Fite TV subscription and cannot wait. There are a lot of teething issues with AEW and I hope they get addressed, but on balance, the sterile pro wrestling landscape definitely needed - and needs - AEW, and I am happy to contribute to it in whatever way I can. I just hope I can find a way to switch off the live chat next to it cuz I have never come across a live chat which does not make me want to hit people in anger.

4 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

I wouldn't have believed it 6 months ago. He's worked his way into being the ace of AEW and I'm not sure even he saw that coming.

I know Jericho is their most mainstream name and you'd get lots of crying online if it happened but they must surely be tempted to put the belt on him at the PPV