Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 10/07 - 10/13 Mamma Mia Nigel! The crowd is turning on Seth much like [REDACTED COMPARISON]

KawadaSmile

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I have absolutely no idea who that Tyson Fury fellow is. Chekced his wiki page. He seems like a wonderful human being. Christian bigot. Homophobic and antisemitic declarations. Against the right for abortion. Nice fellow. He'll totally fit in the Blood Money show.

2 minutes ago, El-P said:

So I have absolutely no idea who that Tyson Fury fellow is. Chekced his wiki page. He seems like a wonderful human being. Christian bigot. Homophobic and antisemitic declarations. Against the right for abortion. Nice fellow. He'll totally fit in the Blood Money show.

He's a big time name in Britain and people seem to be willing to overlook all that awful stuff because he overcame depression to return to boxing.

7 minutes ago, FMKK said:

He's a big time name in Britain and people seem to be willing to overlook all that awful stuff because he overcame depression to return to boxing.

The tyranny of emotion over thinking is making people completely stupid. Is "overcaming depression" the new gimmick to make people accept anything ?

3 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

I can't believe how deep in the wrestling bubble a lot of fans are. I'm not a boxing fan at all and I know who Tyson Fury is.

It's not a matter of being in a wrestling bubble. I don't give a flying fuck about most sports in general, and certainly not boxing, so there's no reason why I should know about Tyson Fury. I trying to preserve myself from stupid bullshit in general.

I keep reading that Fox wants to make Smackdown as "sports oriented" as possible, which explains why the show is being presented as part of and under the Fox Sports banner, rather than just another TV show.  Or remember when they used to promote Raw as an "action adventure" series? I am betting Fox wanted to get some sort of mainstream athlete on the premiere episode to get publicity and maybe some new eyes to the broadcast, people who wouldn't normally watch WWE. Like if I was a big boxing fan (which I no longer am) that I'd say "hey look, the World Champion is going to be a Raw, I'd better check it out!" I knew who Tyson Fury was when he showed up, simply because I read the sports section every day and have a (very limited) awareness of who's who in combat sports. Having said that, it's hardly like this is going to be a repeat of when the WWF got Mike Tyson for Wrestlemania 14.  I think there are seriously like, five different recognized World Heavyweight Champions in boxing right now, so being called that isn't really all that prestigious.

5 hours ago, El-P said:

I hope this backfires on WWE badly

1 minute ago, C.S. said:

I hope this backfires on WWE badly

It won't.  Fury apologized back in 2017 for all the controversial stuff he said, and as @FMKK pointed out, he's now seen as a Mental Health advocate and charitable ambassador. He's already undergo extensive image rehabilitation. If none of the other shitty stuff WWE has done over the past few years has stuck, I highly doubt this will.  No way Fox would have let him on Smackdown if they hadn't vetted him and anticipated any backlash. I'd be shocked if there was any reaction, aside from general apathy.

1 minute ago, The Thread Killer said:

It won't.  Fury apologized back in 2017 for all the controversial stuff he said, and as @FMKK pointed out, he's now seen as a Mental Health advocate and charitable ambassador. He's already undergo extensive image rehabilitation. If none of the other shitty stuff WWE has done over the past few years has stuck, I highly doubt this will.  No way Fox would have let him on Smackdown if they hadn't vetted him and anticipated any backlash. I'd be shocked if there was any reaction, aside from general apathy.

Yep, you're right. And if these guys (Fury and Cain) are only here for Blood Money, it doesn't matter anyway because that show carries a far worse stink than anything they've ever done. 

5 minutes ago, Strummer said:

Looks like 205 live has been cancelled. No longer on the Network schedule. I'd imagine most of the roster will be moved to nxt

Once they renamed the Cruiserweight title to an NXT one, I figured it was just a matter of time. I suppose this was the best move for all sides. One less show WWE has to produce,  gets more people to fill 2 hours of NXT TV, and now Crusierweight title matches can be held on Takeovers where they'll get a response rather than being heatless affairs on WWE PPV pre shows.

Roman and Becky were front and center on all the SD on Fox ad material and the cover stars of the upcoming video game.

Roman ain't going anywhere, and he's never going to be de-emphasized long-term for a geek like Seth, whose goodwill probably officially ran out last night (even though, to be fair, none of that was his fault).