Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 10/07 - 10/13 Mamma Mia Nigel! The crowd is turning on Seth much like [REDACTED COMPARISON]

KawadaSmile

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, sek69 said:

If we could like posts, this post would get all the likes.

Same here. That functionality was actually available on the board, but the button was immediately disabled and eventually removed. Shame, because I think it's a fun feature to have. If the word "likes" is triggering, change it to "thanks" like another board I go to. 

It's clearly trying to redo the Tyson/Austin angle, but I kinda dig how they played up that Braun and Fury were too much for the usual security geeks to handle and actual wrestlers had to come out to help. 

Fury's going to have to learn how to do worked punches though, he was clearly trying not to make contact out there. Which isn't the worst thing since I'm sure those indy guys didn't sign up to get KTFO by a world champion boxer.

Re: Likes:

I pushed hard NOT to have it because it sort of encourages gimmick posting but I'll admit some regret there. I think this is still a very valuable place and I am glad for everyone's company (yes, even you), but it's also a very different place than right after GWE. It's all a bit more casual now.

Just now, NintendoLogic said:

If I'm not mistaken, several MMA fighters who got into pro wrestling have said that throwing believable worked strikes was the hardest thing to pick up.

i believe I've heard both Matt Riddle and Ronda say at different times the hardest thing about going from MMA to pro wrestling is trying to ignore years of training telling you to hit someone as hard as you can. 

15 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Man, imagine protecting Rollins to the point where you avoid putting him in front of a live crowd fearing the crowd's reaction.

They did the exact same thing with Reigns after the 2015 Rumble, it's hilarious. They just don't know what to do with babyfaces.

25 minutes ago, Tetsujin said:

They did the exact same thing with Reigns after the 2015 Rumble, it's hilarious. They just don't know what to do with babyfaces.

At the same time, they put Roman out there to get shit on by the fans after he beat Taker. Cannot imagine them doing that with Rollins.

9 minutes ago, Dale Wolfe said:

Any good matches? Think it is time to sit raw out for a while

Hey, I thought Nattie vs Lacey part VII was very damn good!

1 hour ago, Tetsujin said:

That was the time a blizzard hit the East Coast, the show was cancelled for fans but they taped it inside a studio. And considering how often Roman and Cena went out there with fans crying for their heads, they've shown they can handle the heat.

I guess no one is watching NXT tonight, or at least flipping back and forth.

Lio Rush over Drew "Tony Neese off steroids" Gulak was the right move. But as I said in the Dynamite: Week 2 thread, the opening match of AEW is what the WWE/NXT CW division has always needed to be. This match was a clash of styles and bore, even with the right result, but Jesus Christ Himself couldn't carry a stiff like Drew Gulak to anything decent.

Westley Blake's biker gimmick team, which will die an instant death on Raw or SD, over a fan favorite act like Breezango was the wrong move.

Gulak rules but Lio winning was the right decision.  Watching the NXT show while putting AEW on dvr. I'm glad they are putting new guys on instead of using the people from last week. The Rhea squash was exactly what it should have been. Forgotten Sons was just blah. They've been babyfaces on the Coconut loop lately so I guess they are next in line vs Undisputed.

I think bringing in Fury is a bad idea. Fury has the Wilder rematch penciled in for February or March. He can't do a job before then or put anybody over or take a bumb. He can't do anything to jeapordize what will be the biggest PPV event since Kabib vs McGregor. So basically he's there to promote himself at the expense of Braun and by extension WWE.