Pro Wrestling Only

NWA Powerrr

Coffey

I found out that Velvet Sky has me blocked on Twitter. :lol: I don't know if that happened a long time ago or just recently but I stand by my comments that she's terrible on commentary.

9 hours ago, Mad Dog said:

So I have enjoyed it so far but it doesn't feel like they have anyone that they are comfortable having beat Aldis and it really hampers the product.

Honestly, if I was running Powerrr, I would be talking with AEW about some talent borrowing. I think getting someone like Dustin Rhodes to come in and have a run with the belt would be really good.

I would be on board with this. Especially if he was doing The Natural gimmick again. I'm not as down on Nick Aldis as others on PWO but it does feel like between him being the champion, Tim Storm doing commentary & Strictly Business being the main stable & storyline, that right now NWA is all-in on Aldis.

More focus on tag team wrestling this week as they're trying to build up a team to face Aron Stevens & whomever that jobber is that is his partner. Kratos? Kronos? Fuck if I remember. I have no idea who that dude is.

The opening tag match, between Strictly Business against Parrow/Odinson was fine. Odinson was impressive. Parrow was not. The War Boys from Fury Road gimmick came off as kind of lame to me but I liked Odinson's energy & athleticism although his apron bump was unneeded & stupid.

Otherwise forgettable show with not a lot going on.

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2021 at 12:23 AM, C.S. said:

Glad he has a job on a "televised" wrestling program in 2021. Still, it doesn't sound like he fits at all with sex pest Tyrus. So random!

You didn't mention Dave Marquez anywhere in your recap, so I did a little googling...

David Marquez Reveals He Will Not Be Returning To Work On NWA Power

Like Dave Lagana, Marquez seemed like a monstrously dumb person - I remember him defending the Cornette "starvation joke" on Twitter. Still, lack of brains and common sense aside, he was pretty good at his job. Apparently he was with the NWA for 24 years, so this has to sting. I wonder what happened.

On 4/9/2021 at 6:06 PM, Coffey said:

I found out that Velvet Sky has me blocked on Twitter. :lol: I don't know if that happened a long time ago or just recently but I stand by my comments that she's terrible on commentary. 

Speaking of Dave Marquez and being blocked on Twitter...oof!

Wonder what the hell really happened here... I suspect we'll never find out, and it's probably not all that interesting anyway, but still.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2021 at 9:37 AM, Mad Dog said:

Having a recap episode 3 episodes in was some of the dumbest shit I have ever seen. You can't fucking charge a subscription fee and then have dead weeks not even a month in. They are quickly on thin ice with me.

Sucks they are doing this yet again this week, so soon after the last one.

As far as the David Marquez stuff, I know that that the NWA and his Championship Wrestling from Hollywood were sharing talent for those UWN weekly PPVs, and when those shows ended it seems whatever partnership that was there went sour. 

They could really use his mind right now. It kind of feels like they don't know what the fuck they're doing. I know they lost a lot of their roster but the Nick Aldis act is just kind of tired and the Murdoch feud feels like filler to me. They also have had the heels win almost all of the major matches. The heels winning last week was just kind of fucking stupid because they already don't have good faces on TV and you've made Trevor Murdoch look like a dumbass at almost every turn.

15 minutes ago, Phil Schneider said:

Get IWTV, there are a dozen or so promotions on there who have weekly style television, all of whom have better talent then the NWA and wouldn't hire a Fox News sex pest either. Watch PPW or AIW or Action

Strongly seconding this, IWTV also has a big archive with tons of fun stuff on.

There's some Alanis Morrissette level irony in the NWA finally getting a distribution source that they would in theory get money for at a time when they lost pretty much everything that people liked when it was free on YouTube.

11 minutes ago, sek69 said:

There's some Alanis Morrissette level irony in the NWA finally getting a distribution source that they would in theory get money for at a time when they lost pretty much everything that people liked when it was free on YouTube.

I think they would be fine with the downgrade in talent if they still had competent writing and were putting effort in. This has been the last 3 weeks:

Regular episode

Recap/Promo episode

Regular episode that is essentially a rerun of the episode from 2 weeks ago.

They're almost 2 months into this. Nothing has happened and they have needed 2 mini episodes to bridge gaps in 7 weeks. It's just crazy how lazy what they're doing is. Sal hasn't even gotten his fucking tag title shot and they started that storyline as soon as the restart happened.