Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Presents Crown Jewel: Halloween Pumpkin Spice Edition

KawadaSmile

Cain really looked good in his debut match, but it was a six man tag and he didn't have to do things like sell or tell a story by himself.

Ronda first appeared in Royal Rumble and only had a match like 4 months later after much pro wrestling training. Is Cain doing the same? If so, and proves to be at least good, then it's okay. People like Roman, Bryan, Lesnar and Braun can have good matches with him.

Not sure he's getting a Ronda-like push, which would be good for all parties involved.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, DMJ said:

I haven't seen his other matches and I know people said he looked great

Eh, I think that's overstated. He looked great in the same way that Kevin Green in WCW looked great. He looked great in a "holy shit, he can do some things" instead of turning out like Jay Leno way. Not in a "wow, he's already good at pro wrestling" kind of way. Basically, he's an athlete that has potential. But that's from a pure physicality standpoint. The big issue for me going forward is that WWE is mostly about the non-physical aspect - the charisma, the showmanship, the talking... and I don't think Cain can do ANY of that. He's just going to stand there & look awkward. 

6 hours ago, DMJ said:

Completely agree.

Not only is his appearance unimpressive - kinda reminds me of Baron Von Raschke - but I'm also going to admit that I don't view him as a "star" on the same level as other MMA or boxers they've brought in over the past few years. With Brock, you had a guy who had dominated the WWE when he came in, then left and proven he was the real deal in the UFC, then came back an even bigger star. With Ronda Rousey, you have the most famous female MMA fighter in the history of the sport, a woman who had totally broken through to the mainstream. With Floyd Mayweather, you had a self-promoting, media-grabbing machine who was the most famous boxer in the world and did not let anyone forget it. 

Like I said, I'm excited about this match because I'm really curious about what it will look like. But Cain Velasquez being a main eventer in the WWE moving forward? I don't see it. This match against Lesnar is just about the only one I am interested in. Granted, I haven't seen his other matches and I know people said he looked great, so maybe Velasquez/Reigns or Velasquez/Bryan would be fantastic matches...but I fear that, if you look at the rosters and consider Velasquez a babyface, we're more likely going to see him feuding with Baron Corbin and Dolph Ziggler anyway.

With Velasquez, it's gonna come down to if WWE will ask him to work the way he did in AAA in his 2 previous matches or if they gonna ask him to work more of the classic MMA style. And that's what I'm afraid it's gonna happen with Velasquez in WWE. I hope they let him show his athleticism but I'm not getting my hopes up.

8 minutes ago, SirEdger said:

With Velasquez, it's gonna come down to if WWE will ask him to work the way he did in AAA in his 2 previous matches or if they gonna ask him to work more of the classic MMA style. And that's what I'm afraid it's gonna happen with Velasquez in WWE. I hope they let him show his athleticism but I'm not getting my hopes up.

I'd bet my life savings that he'll be doing the Brock Lesnar moveset (cause that's what Vince thinks MMA looks like) with a huracanrana tossed in for the holy shit factor, and whatever they decide his finisher is going to be.

1 hour ago, Coffey said:

Eh, I think that's overstated. He looked great in the same way that Kevin Green in WCW looked great. He looked great in a "holy shit, he can do some things" instead of turning out like Jay Leno way. Not in a "wow, he's already good at pro wrestling" kind of way. Basically, he's an athlete that has potential. But that's from a pure physicality standpoint. The big issue for me going forward is that WWE is mostly about the non-physical aspect - the charisma, the showmanship, the talking... and I don't think Cain can do ANY of that. He's just going to stand there & look awkward. 

I think it remains to be seen how he turns out. The real thing that made Ronda as revelation in my opinion was how strong her selling was. Cain hasn't really been tested in that capacity yet.

I agree that he lacks the physical charisma of Brock or Ronda though.

9 hours ago, Coffey said:

Here's to hoping no one gets murdered! 

I'm actually kind of worried about the safety of the women. Not sure I'd trust WWE security if someone devoted to the cause and upset the government allowed womenfolk in decided to take one for the team. 

I suppose that's part of why the chose who they did for the match too. Have a Marine and a Dungeon trainee in there in case shit goes down.