WWE Presents Crown Jewel: Halloween Pumpkin Spice Edition

KawadaSmile

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Tim Evans said:

Have we found out who the top 20 are? I know Hogan, Flair, Vince, Dunn and I'm guessing Fury and Cain.

I think Flair and Hogan were on a different flight, Meltzer at one point tweeted that Flair had arrived to Florida sometime yesterday afternoon and I think Hogan was on that flight.

Vince and Dunn appear to have left on Vince's private jet, but no word if someone else flew with them. Brock and Heyman of course left on Brock's private jet and made it to Smackdown.

The word going around was 12 wrestlers and 8 key production people were the ones on the second charter. It's likely the wrestlers advertised to appear on Smackdown before it was known that the plane wouldn't make it on time. So the guesses are Reigns, Bray, Corbin, New Day, Revival. Kofi tweeted last night about landing  in the USA, so that confirms he was on that flight. WWE tweeted a video of Cesaro from when the plane was refueling in Ireland, so he also was on the flight. I've also heard possibly Nakamura and Lashley, with Lashley being a weird one since he's on Raw. Not sure who the others are.

Most of the guys who left early are on SD. They, along with the SD production crew with them, left in hopes of getting back in time. So they have a reasonable explanation. The only eyebrow raiser on the list I saw was Bobby Lashley, who's on RAW.

Something that throws a wrench into the conspiracy is Atlas Air's official statement. I haven't heard of any airline who openly admits something is their fault if it actually isn't.

I won't count out the possibility of something bad happening. But Atlas Air took blame and at least 20 folks got out, even after the private jet set, when whatever started going down. I don't know if it's as bleak as some are making it. There are a lot of theories, but nothing concrete to this point, other than Atlas Air saying there were mechanical issues.

EDIT: just saw @El Boricua's post. That's what I've read, too.

Atlas Air also probably wants to keep their business in KSA. So it's also not out of the realm of possibility of themgoing along with the explanation just to maintain their business status quo. What's interesting is that the wrestlers that were stranded have not really said anything that would indicate it was a normal malfunction issue. 

That's true, and honestly, who want to upset the Saudi royal family/government. Or any government, for that matter.

Apparently, it doesn't look like any money from the May show has been reported by WWE so far. They put it under "Other Revenue" in their quarterly reports, and I guess it hasn't been counted for yet. So WWE not getting paid for that show, along with this one, seems to have some merit.

7 hours ago, FMKK said:

Vince already is Inoki. He booked a boxer and a washed up MMA guy as the main event matches.

Wow, that's spot on actually.

11 minutes ago, FMKK said:

If ever there was a time when WWE talent should stand up for themselves, it's now. Go to Raw and make a scene backstage. What's going to happen? No way Vince fires them all because all they have to say is see you on Wednesday. 

This. This whole situation is ridiculous and unacceptable. The boss leaving his faithful troops behind and trying to twist the entire story is just disgusting. These people are awful human beings. You're the captain of the ship, you leave fucking last.

Apparently Cain was not one of the 20 on the charter flight, he actually remained behind with the others. I'm guessing Fury arrived and left separate from WWE, so it's still up in the air who else got a seat on the charter that left. If one of them was Rollins, I'm guessing his popularity in the locker room is going to continue to plummet.

1 hour ago, El Boricua said:

Apparently Cain was not one of the 20 on the charter flight, he actually remained behind with the others. I'm guessing Fury arrived and left separate from WWE, so it's still up in the air who else got a seat on the charter that left. If one of them was Rollins, I'm guessing his popularity in the locker room is going to continue to plummet.

From what I've seen, Rollins traveled to Dubai to be with Becky, who was there doing a CrossFit session with a group of kids. Don't know if he sprung for his own ticket or if someone got him on a private flight.

At least the SD crew were trying to make it back in time to work that show. No doubt FOX wanted them there and someone tried to make it happen. That's business. But if Rollins got to skip Saudi early to be with his fiancée while nearly everyone else was stuck, that ain't good. 

Someone also mentioned that Lashley was likely put on the charter flight because of his former military career. Lacey was seemingly gone early too, so that makes some sense. Guess it's some sort of clearance thing.

1 hour ago, MoS said:

Listening to Meltzer on this, it seems he knows more than what he is publlicly saying and seems visibly pissed and frustrated,, but cannot corroborate anything because he does not want to throw his sources under the bus.

The thing that really intrigued me was the stuff he was saying about previous incidents that have apparently occoured on these Saudi trips that have been covered up

39 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

This has to be the end of these shows right? Take the talent shit out of the equation and they aren't even paying their bills for these shows. So not only does the talent hate it and seem to be in severe danger doing them, you aren't even getting the money you are contractually owed.

They should do it like those Australia tours in the late 80s/early 90s and just send Koko and the Bushwhackers. 

4 hours ago, Matt D said:

They should do it like those Australia tours in the late 80s/early 90s and just send Koko and the Bushwhackers. 

That’s the weird thing about these shows. I can understand wanting the big stars. But does anyone really need Mike Kanellis or whoever to work 60 seconds just so you can say you have a 50 man battle royal or whatever? 

10 minutes ago, Al said:

That’s the weird thing about these shows. I can understand wanting the big stars. But does anyone really need Mike Kanellis or whoever to work 60 seconds just so you can say you have a 50 man battle royal or whatever? 

They want to be able to claim stuff like having the largest Rumble ever, so in order to do that you need to fly over a ton of jobbers.

9 minutes ago, sek69 said:

They want to be able to claim stuff like having the largest Rumble ever, so in order to do that you need to fly over a ton of jobbers.

Also giving them some credit. They do seem to really try to get everyone in on potential big paydays like this. So I think they are also contriving spots for whoever wants to go so they can get the money. 

I just find all of the union talk funny because as much as they are pissed off right now, I still believe that about 90% of those really pissed off right now will be at the next show and act like same old same old.  

I admire Cain for wanting to be one of the boys and not trying to get on the big boy planes  but if he wanted to be treated like shit by management he could have been better off in AAA

If anyone actually tries to establish a union out of this as Dave was saying they should, Rollins is 100% going to be the Hogan equivalent who shops everyone to management.

Well based on a recent interview, Rollins and AJ Styles might be bumping into each other trying to get to Vince first.   While he wasn't happy he is still throwing the company "mechanical issues" line