Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Presents Crown Jewel: Halloween Pumpkin Spice Edition

KawadaSmile

8 hours ago, flyonthewall2983 said:

If it's true, and forgetting about everything else for a moment, but Vince showed some real balls by cutting off the feed. 

I mean, he left immediately in his private jet, ensuring he would not be there to face any repercussions, instead letting his wrestlers and talent take the heat. I am sure he is a really brave guy, but in this case he basically said fuck you and left before the other party could even register what he said.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Matt D said:

They should do it like those Australia tours in the late 80s/early 90s and just send Koko and the Bushwhackers. 

They came to Australia in 85 and 86, then not until Global Warning in 2002. Koko debuted in Sept 86, the Bushwhackers in Dec 88, so I'm not sure where you're getting this from.

15 hours ago, Mad Dog said:

Also giving them some credit. They do seem to really try to get everyone in on potential big paydays like this. So I think they are also contriving spots for whoever wants to go so they can get the money. 

That's the same as the "shoehorn guys on screen at Wrestlemania for 10 seconds so they can get a PPV payoff" though. It makes perfect sense until you remember they control how payoffs are determined.

9 hours ago, Dav'oh said:

They came to Australia in 85 and 86, then not until Global Warning in 2002. Koko debuted in Sept 86, the Bushwhackers in Dec 88, so I'm not sure where you're getting this from.

The original poster may have been thinking of some shows that Don Muraco promoted in Australia and New Zealand in 1990/1991. Technically, they werent WWF-produced shows, but they loaned some undercard talent to Muraco and I believe he was allowed to use the WWF logo in promo materials leading into the show.

On one of the tours - this one shortly after Wrestlemania VI - the main event every night was The Bushwhackers vs The Bolsheviks, and Muraco vs Haku was a co-main. Norman Smiley vs Bob Orton Jr was also on the undercard and I am really curious how that match would have looked in 1990.

17 hours ago, hammerva said:

I just find all of the union talk funny because as much as they are pissed off right now, I still believe that about 90% of those really pissed off right now will be at the next show and act like same old same old.

A bit like the Montreal Screw Job: lots of people talking about quitting and in the end almost everyone was at the Raw the next night. (though I realize that it's a huge difference if what happened effected you personally)

1 hour ago, Robert S said:

A bit like the Montreal Screw Job: lots of people talking about quitting and in the end almost everyone was at the Raw the next night. (though I realize that it's a huge difference if what happened effected you personally)

To be fair Bret told anyone who said they were quitting to not do so.

Apparently the team meeting before RAW amounted to Seth telling folks to not put their gripes on social media and talent relations (wouldn't that be HHH?) sticking to the "mechanical issues" line.

Imagine being one of those guys pissed off and stuck in KSA, then the company's reaction is to push the same story that doesn't hold water and having Mr. Crying Babyface Twitter Baby tell you to not say stuff on social media.

Like I know if I somehow made it to WWE I'd never last in that environment just because if I was in that meeting and had to listen to Seth say that, I wouldn't have been able to stop myself from asking if that means he's going to stop crying like an embarrassing little bitch on social media too.

12 minutes ago, El-P said:

Vomit.

About the Saudi relationship. 

And about Seth Rollins.

Vomit, vomit, vomit.

Fuck these people and fuck Seth Rollins, the ultimate corporate sheep who's a proven failure and WWE's official social media little whining bitch.

I wonder if he's always been like this or if he knows the best way for him to keep his push going in spite of his consistent failure is to become the lapdog.

He's gone from being a bit of a geek to someone who seems to have no likeable traits at all.

22 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Like I know if I somehow made it to WWE I'd never last in that environment just because if I was in that meeting and had to listen to Seth say that, I wouldn't have been able to stop myself from asking if that means he's going to stop crying like an embarrassing little bitch on social media too.

Word. And so...

13 minutes ago, FMKK said:

He's gone from being a bit of a geek to someone who seems to have no likeable traits at all.

Exactly. This guy has become the symbol of everything rotten with WWE culture.

I mean, I'm sure we can find more qualities to Terry "World renowned stooge" Taylor at this point. Well, Taylor was a much, much better worker, for a start.

Now imagine tonight if the continued NXT invasion leads to the Undisputed Era destroying Seth Rollins in a middle of a speech. That crowd will eat him alive. At this stage, it might get worse than what Cena and Roman got for a treatment. Roman has always been a team player but never stooped to the corporate stooge level Rollins has been lately.

34 minutes ago, El-P said:

Exactly. This guy has become the symbol of everything rotten with WWE culture.

He did formerly date a literal Nazi sympathizer, right? I don't think he's known for his good decision making skills.

1 hour ago, FMKK said:

This is literally no different that what the current deal is. They signed a ten year deal for two shows a year in 2017. What's different? This is bizarre.

This is what I thought too but apparently the twice a year part wasn't official. They did two a year anyway, but it wasn't official. Now it's officially apart of the ten-year deal. 

1 hour ago, sek69 said:

Apparently the team meeting before RAW amounted to Seth telling folks to not put their gripes on social media and talent relations (wouldn't that be HHH?) sticking to the "mechanical issues" line.

Imagine being one of those guys pissed off and stuck in KSA, then the company's reaction is to push the same story that doesn't hold water and having Mr. Crying Babyface Twitter Baby tell you to not say stuff on social media.

And they used someone who got out to deliver that message.

1 hour ago, FMKK said:

This is literally no different that what the current deal is. They signed a ten year deal for two shows a year in 2017. What's different? This is bizarre.

Just a pony show for the shareholders who heard the Saudis were late paying for the last show. Calms them down and gets WWE stock back on track. And as Coffey mentioned, it guarantees that WWE will put on two shows every year.

Having Rollins give a speech to anyone is rich. He's terrible at social media. He's almost always gotten to about any little thing. His run as a top guy has fizzled again. He doesn't even have the 'trying to get to Buffalo for SD' as an excuse to why he left early. He bounced so he could be with Becky while they were missing family events and other commitments.

But why expect better from a guy who's always had a bad attitude, going back to his FCW days. He nearly got fired for being a PITA back then. He's a combination of HHH and HBK without the smarts, finesse or swagger. He doesn't even have the good sense to be neutral like Cena and Reigns on some of WWE's weirdness. Rollins can't read a room, and it's killing him with fans and probably his fellow wrestlers by now.